PDA

View Full Version : Hello iam new and i got questions!

Airz
07-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Hello, iam new and just got the game.. its so great i already bought 800 Platin!

So i wanted to know how to invest them the best way?

thanks!

and is there a good archer guide? thanks!

by the way, hi.

my ingame name is Airz

Snakespeare
07-21-2010, 11:44 AM
violentsaints-guide-to-powerleveling-(from-lvl-1-to-45-in-3-days-or-less!) (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?4512-violentsaints-guide-to-powerleveling-(from-lvl-1-to-45-in-3-days-or-less!))

You know, it's not my way of playing, but it may be for you... It takes a lot of platinum to do this, and you have a lot.

First you would buy all maps... under "Content".
Then you would speak to ViolentSaint. I met him in towne this morning. He's totally approachable.
Between this thread he wrote and the plat you bought, you could have your bird to max by this weekend.

Then you'll start to desire the collectible items, and I am sure that you won't have any trouble with that.

Myself, I would buy a lot of stash slots. It is a major pain to swap items between my characters 5 at a time.
You can also buy more Inventory slots so you don't have to liquidate as often.

But there's no real need to buy starting items if you are going to use the idea in that thread, because they become worthless too quickly.

But if that's not your style, just say so and I'll tell you some other ideas, but they are slower.

Airz
07-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Mh i bought all content and i just start lvling now.. iam lv 14 already.

i got some more questions, what is the best color in items? and when does the best start?

and what means "Bird" and "Bowbear" and all that? iam an Archer..lol :D

Cascade
07-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Bird is another name for archer and bowbear is another name for a bear that has all its points in dexterity..Pink is the best Grey is the worst it goes in this order...Grey-White-Orange-Green-Purple-Pink.

Airz
07-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Okay thanks, and when starts pink dropping?

Cascade
07-21-2010, 02:55 PM
Well pinks usually drop when your fighting bosses....Sometimes you have to fight the boss over and over again before you get a pink I do not know which lvls drop pinks though.

Snakespeare
07-21-2010, 02:55 PM
People refer to their toons as bird, bear or elf, or maybe archer, warrior, and enchantress. They mean the same thing, just different words. They also call bear warriors "tank". Each race has only the one set of skills, and generally increase dex for birds, str for bears, and int for enchantresses. But when someone increase str for birds, it is a strong birdy, and int for birds I don't know but I say bird brain. They are just ways of saying they increased different stats than the one expected fior that race. A bowbear increases dex instead of str, and I have seen smart bear and even smarty pants bear for a bear with mostly int. An elf who develops strength is called a paladin, or if dex then they call her a bowchantress.

The colors are items rarities. It's a little like Magic: the Gathering in that the most desired items are the rarest, pinks and purples, but I have found the green and orange ones to be very useful. Generally, the gray is the most common and the whites are variation on the grays that are less common.

Snakespeare
07-21-2010, 02:57 PM
Well pinks usually drop when your fighting bosses....Sometimes you have to fight the boss over and over again before you get a pink I do not know which lvls drop pinks though.

I have gotten only one pink so far among three characters in the mid 20s. It dropped in one of the levels of the Lost Expidition. Some sort of wand of mastery??? But there are purples at 19th level.

I forgot to say, in fact that the purple level 19 items are for archers, and they rock!!! So do look for them. Auto-crossbow of Finesse is the best.

Cascade
07-21-2010, 03:04 PM
Here is a link to the definitions of hybrids and different names of pures...http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?4209-All-Hybrids-Possible.&p=40451#post40451

Also a pure is a character that uses the skills that it was made for....Like an archer wielding a bow...A warrior wielding a sword...An Enchantress wielding a wand. A Hybrid is a character that does not use the skills that it is made for...Like a Bird wielding a sword and so on and so forth.

Airz
07-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Wow i think iam a lucky guy, i just got a lvl 30 pink auto-crossbow! :D every1 in the party was like "OMG A PINK!! :D" and i was like "Uhh.. is it rare or somethin" :D

i think i will keep it and use it at lvl 30

some more questions: are dex only birds good ? iam planing on getting them.

and... which dungeons shud i use at lvl 15?

Cascade
07-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Congratz! :D

Airz
07-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Thanks.. can u help me with the 2 questions ?

Cascade
07-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Which two questions? Also check out this link the guy who made it gives away free pinks! :)http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?4355-Violentsaints-pink-giveaway-quot-get-rid-of-the-greed-yo!-quot

bmc85uk
07-21-2010, 03:52 PM
some more questions: are dex only birds good ? iam planing on getting them......and... which dungeons shud i use at lvl 15?

DEX Archers are ok, ultimately it all comes down to play style and what you want from your character, things are a little un-balanced at the moment, but if you look at it literally, STR makes sense for a warrior type build, DEX for a higher damage/evade/critical build, and INT for...well personally I've never really seen the point in INT for Warrior/Archer as INT is mainly supportive to mana pool and mana regen, something which seems a little wasteful without 'spells' in the traditional sense.

Dungeon wise;

1-10 Forest Haven
10-15 Dark Forest
15-20 Balefort Castle
20-25 Fathom Crypt
25-30 Lost Expedition
30-35 Ancient Swamps (Skeller Krunch Returns is also in this level range but will grant you XP all the way to 45 as enemies will level all the way up)
35-40 Alien Oasis: Part I
40-45 Alien Oasis: Part II

All dungeons (with the exception of Skeller Krunch Returns) will take you to 3 levels higher than the dungeon is intended, enemies will only go as high as the dungeon cap (eg. 40 for AO:1) but still give you experience (all be it diminished) until they appear with a grey bubble to the left of their health bar.

Green bubble enemies give 0.25XP (I think)
Blue bubble enemies give 0.5XP
White bubble enemies give 1XP
Yellow bubble enemies give 1.5XP
Red bubble enemies give 2XP

The colour of the bubble denotes the enemies level in comparison to you.

Snakespeare
07-21-2010, 04:07 PM
EDIT: ignore this... I am wrong (see correction two posts down)

I gotta add something to the above. Since you can get XP in any dungeon that is within 3 levels of your own, it is easier to defeat the bad guys when you are as high a level as you can be in a dungeon. So, for speed and ease of play, stick with Dark Forest until you reach 18th, stick with Balefort until you reach 23rd, Fathom until 28th, etc. Once you reach those numbers, you can't get any more XP in those levels.

Your mileage may vary, but for me, this works.
1-13 Forest Haven
10-17 Dark Forest
15-22 Balefort Castle
20-27 Fathom Crypt
25-32 Lost Expidition

So, I have one toon still in Fathom and the other two are in Lost, at this time.

The bad guys die faster, so we advance faster. :o)

Airz
07-21-2010, 04:28 PM
iam close to lv 16 now.. still in dark forest and i start to realize that the 45 will take a while :>

even with xp pots its not an easy run :D

bmc85uk
07-21-2010, 04:41 PM
I actually find it much faster to constantly fight red/yellow enemies, their difficulty varies little in my experience, blue/green enemies don't really die 2x/4x as fast as white.

Snakespeare
07-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Wow! I learn something new every day. I just saw that everyone in Fathom, even the King of Pain himself, has a blue bubble for me. I'm only getting half XP!

QUESTION: Do XP pots affect bubble color?

thanks, bmc

p.s. for service above and beyond, I'll give you a Broken Shield of Might... LOL!

bmc85uk
07-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Woohoo!

XP pots will modify XP accordingly, so the Hardcore Playa's Potion will double any XP earned. Yellow kills then earn 3xp, red earn 4xp etc.

Lawlessomega
07-22-2010, 12:40 AM
Congratz on picking pocket legends, this game will suck your life away. I can't really add to this topic much seeing as how everyone has given you extremely good advice. If you ever need help in game or want some rare items or need some money just let me know. I'm always willing to help out others and answer questions, add me theomegaman.

Airz
07-22-2010, 04:57 AM
one more question.. is it better to solo a dungeon or get in a party? if i only want good xp ?

roguedubb
07-22-2010, 07:17 AM
Depends on how quickly you can kill mobs that give you exp, VS how quickly a group can. A group should be quicker, but a bad group can just suck up your time with little reward.

Snakespeare
07-22-2010, 07:52 AM
I prefer to adventure in groups. And taking into consideration what bmc said about color bubbles, I think there's safety in numbers when you are going up against tougher bad guys. You get the same xp either way. Especially if you are an archer behind a few bears.