PDA

View Full Version : IGNs

umarrahim
10-16-2019, 08:19 AM
Hey,

Do u guys think that it would be fine if STS takes away the IGN's of inactive/perma-banned players?

These players do not lose their account ofcourse, they will just have to chose a different IGN when they decide to return.

All the good IGNs have been hoarded by old players, some sell the IGNs and some are banned. The new players have no choice but to go with IGNs like noobmaster69 or xxfortnitexx

I suggest that after 6 months of inactivity the names are removed from the charachter and they are required to pick a new name once they decide to return to game.

Peace,
Azedz

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Sharky04
10-16-2019, 08:21 AM
+1

Sent from my PRA-LX2 using Tapatalk

Lim Weibin
10-16-2019, 08:27 AM
There will be ww3. But for me +1 too

Rehired
10-16-2019, 08:29 AM
Omg i forgot this game is like pg-13 for a split second. What a terrible idea. I’ve been inactive at a point in time for well over 8 months because of the progression i’ve made irl. When I came back seeing the name i created 4+ years ago, something I own is too great to take away just because you couldn’t play the game sooner.

Sent from Space with the ISS ThinkPad

umarrahim
10-16-2019, 08:30 AM
Omg i forgot this game is like pg-13 for a split second. What a terrible idea. I’ve been inactive at a point in time for well over 8 months because of the progression i’ve made irl. When I came back seeing the name i created 4+ years ago, something I own is too great to take away just because you couldn’t play the game sooner.

Sent from Space with the ISS ThinkPadAnything wrong with picking a new name when u rarely play the game? It's not like u are losing ur progression

Thewolfbull
10-16-2019, 08:57 AM
They already did this once without telling us before, and the people who found out first just hoarded a bunch of names.

umarrahim
10-16-2019, 08:59 AM
They already did this once without telling us before, and the people who found out first just hoarded a bunch of names.Those people will also eventually lose those IGNs if they are inactive for 6 months, this way u can't keep an IGN u don't play on

Motherless_Child
10-16-2019, 09:16 AM
Hey,

Do u guys think that it would be fine if STS takes away the IGN's of inactive/perma-banned players?

These players do not lose their account ofcourse, they will just have to chose a different IGN when they decide to return.

All the good IGNs have been hoarded by old players, some sell the IGNs and some are banned. The new players have no choice but to go with IGNs like noobmaster69 or xxfortnitexx

I suggest that after 6 months of inactivity the names are removed from the charachter and they are required to pick a new name once they decide to return to game.

Peace,
Azedz

People sometimes go on occasional "hiatuses" and they should not be subject to name removal. This will just cause issues....

What they do with banned player names is one thing but, a name should not be taken away just because of "inactivity"....

Maybe there should be an option in game for players who are "quitting" to "recycle" their names..... This will make their name available for others to use..........

Allset
10-16-2019, 09:57 AM
I’m sure it will happen when is the question?

Rogue[emoji1655]

Warriorknown
10-16-2019, 09:58 AM
Anything wrong with picking a new name when u rarely play the game? It's not like u are losing ur progression

Your IGN is a part of you. Your work and progress in game are all reflected under the banner of your name and thus shouldn’t be taken away so easily. -1.

Axalan
10-16-2019, 10:10 AM
The new players have no choice but to go with IGNs like noobmaster69

That was hilarious:vD:
but taking away ign because of inactivity is just bad idea. but they can make a system in which all alt's in an account can share same name. as if 'XXX' is the main acc name, the alts will be 'XXX(1)' , 2nd alt being 'XXX(2)' etc. so If someone wants to hoard ign he has to do it in a different email id. even then the problem wont be solved much tbh. but I have seen a few new players invented and improvised new cool ign's! Like a friend started playing few months ago and made ign, 'Arsinic' !!! that is one of the coolest Ign I found in game!

Dragonsalt
10-16-2019, 11:58 AM
So many players on different forums for other mmorpgs have this same exact request for their respective game. While I do agree, I think we have to stop at some reasonable point. In my opinion we can say that players who have not logged in/touched the game in 2+ years should have their names reset, since we can most likely say that they won’t come back. Anyone inactive for less than two years shouldn’t have their names stripped. It seems like a lot of time, but in reality someone that’s quit for 1 year has a lot more possibility to come back as opposed to 2 years.

Oakmaiden
10-16-2019, 02:09 PM
No..no..and NO!

revengee
10-16-2019, 02:36 PM
are you jealous :v

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Hestios
10-16-2019, 03:32 PM
Players should have the right to own their IGN even after leaving the game - they picked them = they own them. You should have been here a few years ago or you can still come up with creative name which isn’t taken. :)

umarrahim
10-16-2019, 03:54 PM
are you jealous :v

Sent from my Redmi 3S using TapatalkNot really, I mean if someone isn't playing the game anymore and has hoarded a lot of names, new players should have a chance to get them

wangkj
10-16-2019, 05:23 PM
id rather not take a break for 6 months and come back and see the name xxletsgofortnitexx

Rehired
10-16-2019, 06:07 PM
Anything wrong with picking a new name when u rarely play the game? It's not like u are losing ur progression

not like ur progressing when u take someones name...

Alexios
10-16-2019, 07:45 PM
Going inactive is a part of MMo culture, there is a reason why this is not done in any game.
Some of the big games release banned igns but its only good for games where the population is very high and if it has multiple realms/servers, in this scenario the ign is shows with the realm/server name. Alternatively few games started accepting alt character in their igns just so more players get the same kind of igns they like. For example in some game if Alexios is not available you can make AléxiÖs.

Chronox
10-16-2019, 08:58 PM
This has been suggested already and the fact sts closed the thread the last time was because of drama. I have 2 og names that i got when i first started and i go inactive regularly because im very busy irl, i DO NOT want to come back and see my name as "youlosturname" and some random 2019 player using it. The advantage of start playing the game first and getting names should not be taken away and given to some new dude just because his name is "myuglyponyfll"....

Besides, there was an incident already when a dev gave a dude a banned players name, you do not want to know how that turned out.....

Sent from my SM-M105M using Tapatalk

Kairihearts
10-16-2019, 09:04 PM
I also have a couple of cool igns too got lucky I guess but this wasn't around the time sts released igns this was way before that and I use all my toons so big NO from me Ty.

BaronB
10-16-2019, 11:09 PM
No.

Just learn to be more creative.

slaaayerrr
10-17-2019, 12:45 AM

lol... i have many inactive friends and will be sad to see that their names taken by some stupid jealous trashes like you

The new players have no choice but to go with IGNs like noobmaster69 or xxfortnitexx

do u really believe that new players will get good names? all names will be taken by dirty people who selling names

QuaseT
10-17-2019, 01:33 AM
First of all there are no good or bad igns... i'd rather use a name i have a connection to than a random english word or some 3 letter name. What consequences appeared after rereleasing original igns some years ago:
- name selling multiplied by far
- a lot more people got scammed
- people who wanted a name still did not get it because people were hoarding them
- so many people changed their ign that you didn't recongnize your friendlist anymore
- People who came back lost their name
- People pretented to be other players bc they got their ign
Well thats a no for me.

MømøVęliåDęvīlükē61239
10-17-2019, 02:03 AM
Who sells names and who buys names Xv selling what they got for free, no one owns names, but here we have players hording names just so others cant use them, this is a sick world

But if they do make that inactive rule, theh will just logg in once a month and keep the name,

But i dont think sts will waste time on freeing names

Fyrce
10-17-2019, 02:53 AM
No need to be creative. I have yet to need to go beyond 4- or 5-letter pronounceable names in creating new toons. Just created a couple last week in fact.

Spooked
10-17-2019, 03:08 AM
No, banned IGNS should remain the way they are.
We are not waiting on IGN abuse/selling

LegendaryLeo
10-17-2019, 04:56 AM
this is just a morally wrong idea. -1

Rehired
10-17-2019, 05:15 AM
President Konafez needs to be here for decisions like these...

Anirudhrox
10-17-2019, 05:42 AM
I think ign of banned ppl is available for ppl
But i dont think inactive ppl's ign should be be taken away

Sent from my CPH1859 using Tapatalk

Dunno
10-17-2019, 10:05 AM

What do you gain from having a good name? Exactly, forget about it. If you want to look cool there are vanities for that. Name is basically a vanity and returning the names would only cause major complications without any benefits whatsoever.

Dunno
10-17-2019, 10:07 AM

Ops I didn't mean to quote you, it was meant for the OP.

Inu
10-17-2019, 12:27 PM
Hey,

I agree with this taking away IGN that inactive for a long period, but I think 6 months is too short; 10-12 months is ideal.

Kissaura
10-17-2019, 04:07 PM
That's why the should do it again, frequently. With no timer so people aren't just waiting for the day the name resets and pick a bunch.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Kissaura
10-17-2019, 04:16 PM
Maybe instead of JUST inactivity, they should base it on level as well. Because some people have accounts that are like lvl 2 just so they have a character to hold a name they plan on selling.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Encryptions
10-17-2019, 05:07 PM
No, too much drama will happen with this and also, I know hundreds of igns that are good and don't exist.

revengee
10-17-2019, 10:34 PM
Not really, I mean if someone isn't playing the game anymore and has hoarded a lot of names, new players should have a chance to get them

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalkyou pm GM, maybe you will be given, good luck [emoji14]

Al_Istealthl
10-18-2019, 01:40 PM
For inactive accounts, no not yet. For banned accounts, absolutely release the igns. Maybe do a contest for them

Smocked
10-18-2019, 01:54 PM
For inactive accounts, no not yet. For banned accounts, absolutely release the igns. Maybe do a contest for themBringing back banned in-game names means there's a posibility of seeing through towns old scammers-plat farmers etc.. or seeing your best friend's old IGN which you didn't see for years to a random person.. many well-known old players are banned. People still know which IGNs they had had, should be a great idea seeing their igns somewhere and PM trying to say welcome back and just realise there's a random unknown player?

revengee
10-18-2019, 04:47 PM
be yourself, don't be someone else [emoji14]

Player4L
10-18-2019, 06:10 PM
Yea i want the name NoobPoop but sadly is taken is there a way to have the name thank you sir

Al_Istealthl
10-18-2019, 06:35 PM
Bringing back banned in-game names means there's a posibility of seeing through towns old scammers-plat farmers etc.. or seeing your best friend's old IGN which you didn't see for years to a random person.. many well-known old players are banned. People still know which IGNs they had had, should be a great idea seeing their igns somewhere and PM trying to say welcome back and just realise there's a random unknown player?

If they were permabanned why would you pm them saying welcome back? Makes no sense

Remiem
10-21-2019, 01:43 AM
Hey guys. We've addressed this a few times, but there are just too many things that can go wrong with bringing back old names. 1) Lots of players come back, many after years of inactivity. We can never assume a player is gone for good! 2) Bringing back banned names is just a recipe for drama.

Put on those creative caps! There are SO many names still out there. <3