PDA

View Full Version : Annoying...

Draopwnzall
12-26-2011, 09:45 AM
The same guy keeps trying to scam people by going to a site... When will this guy be banned for good?!

ghost.mw
12-26-2011, 10:42 AM
When we pay some plat for it.

javier995
12-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Lol^

He has to be reported.

Can you tell me the scam? Also do you have proof?

NECROREAPER
12-26-2011, 03:19 PM
There's a thread about him a little more down the page.

He walks around advertising a scam site that gives 'free plat,' all you have to do is enter your acct info and select how much plat you'd like.

Needless to say, he's got a few newer members already. The issue is that he keeps making new characters/accts and can jump on the stolen accts to make new characters. I've reported this guy before with screenies and detailed descriptions.

Drao, the dev team was off for this weekend since it was, you know, Christmas.

LucySkyDiamonds
12-26-2011, 03:31 PM
I doubt it can be stopped.. ban ips, but he could just power cycle and change his ip. Maybe put a cookie on his system so he cant play through chrome, but he'd just have to delete the cookie or create a new user profile on his system.

Id imagine hes here to stay.. he'll only scam really, really oblivious people id imagine though.. sucks, but idk wat else can be done..

javier995
12-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Well actually. When someone is banned, anything they use is banned. If they somehow work around the ban through chrome, that's a perma ban I believe.

I believe they use the same way to ban people from devices as they will use on a computer. Just a thought, correct me if I'm wrong tho.

LucySkyDiamonds
12-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Well actually. When someone is banned, anything they use is banned. If they somehow work around the ban through chrome, that's a perma ban I believe.

I believe they use the same way to ban people from devices as they will use on a computer. Just a thought, correct me if I'm wrong tho.

You are way wrong, imo. They have to have some way to tag their system/ID it. Mac address can be spoofed. IP can be changed. Nee accounts can be made. Cookies can be deleted. Temp/hidden files can be deleted. Basically, this sob will be able to forever do this.. i think the best approach will be to make it unworthwhile for him to do all this. Ive no idea how, but yeah..

Swimmingstar
12-26-2011, 07:26 PM
OW. He's making sts lose new players and scamming the world. All STS can do is post thread to not listen to him. They could also somehow shut down the website? They just need to stop him...

EDIT: Idk what he is doing. Just trying to get a good account???

Draopwnzall
12-26-2011, 07:48 PM
He's under another name now, yet again.

SUPAPRODIGY
12-26-2011, 08:36 PM
give me the website i will take it down.

Swimmingstar
12-26-2011, 09:04 PM
Not sure if I should do this but... for the good of people:

Do not trust www.freeplatinum.yolasite.com

nomad187
12-26-2011, 09:27 PM
What if the devs added the website name to the banned wordlist?? They'd also have to add any variations he comes up with to the list also.

zeusabe
12-27-2011, 04:27 AM
LOL This guy is feeding on players' gullibility and he's actually making progress, what does that tell you? His target market must be pretty huge in this game...I'm definitely not one of them...if you can be scammed by this dude, then you probably deserve it for being so naive XD LuckySkyDiamonds speaks the truth, anyone with B level IT knowledge can easily fool the security of STS by creating dummy information...that's like cyber crime 101. If this dude created a website just for this cause, then you can be sure he knows a little bit on what he's getting himself into. Scammers are generally IQ officers, so most of their victims probably did not pass their IQ check protocols LOL. Generally speaking, without gullible people, scammers will not exist...as long as there's the market, scammers will flourish in different ways or forms. Two words: be smart. Thanks. XD

Swimmingstar
12-27-2011, 12:12 PM
What if the devs added the website name to the banned wordlist?? They'd also have to add any variations he comes up with to the list also.

Yeah I think they could just ban the site being said.

Arthanos
12-27-2011, 12:47 PM
He may just make a new website, soooooo..........

wvhills
12-27-2011, 01:00 PM
I like how he has one of those captcha things on there. Lol.

timespace
12-27-2011, 01:36 PM
I think the point about cyber crime is a good one. STS can go after this guy legally, they don't have to find a clever way to stop him in game. He is actively messing with STS's business and profits and since the TOS clearly states this to be an infraction and it is unavoidable to agree to their terms to play their games they have every right to use the legal system to go after him. That may be their greatest weapon against him. Idk if they ever have or do go after scammers in this way but it's a clear cut case for them to do so if ever there was one.

nomad187
12-27-2011, 04:03 PM
He may just make a new website, soooooo..........

soooooo..........

They'd also have to add any variations he comes up with to the list also.

Pandar
12-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Thanks for your tenacity in keeping on top of this guy. We're aware of the issue and working on it.

If for some reason you do see him in-world talking with anyone, please feel free to private message that person and let them know to stay away. Obviously we make a point to not share username or password info with ANYONE. This cannot be stressed enough.

And thank you for reporting. Best thing to do when you see troublesome stuff go down is to use the in-game reporting.

adidaman
12-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Thanks for your tenacity in keeping on top of this guy. We're aware of the issue and working on it.

If for some reason you do see him in-world talking with anyone, please feel free to private message that person and let them know to stay away. Obviously we make a point to not share username or password info with ANYONE. This cannot be stressed enough.

And thank you for reporting. Best thing to do when you see troublesome stuff go down is to use the in-game reporting.

What??? You mean I can't just give this guy my account info and get $50 worth of plat for nothing? Man, it seemed like such a good deal! *eyeroll*

Pandar
12-27-2011, 04:55 PM
What??? You mean I can't just give this guy my account info and get $50 worth of plat for nothing? Man, it seemed like such a good deal! *eyeroll*

Some people aren't as jaded as some of us game vets and tend to trust easier :P

Whirlzap
12-27-2011, 04:56 PM
Okay, everyone go to that website that Swim gave us and feed it false info.
Here's what I did:
Derpyou@lol.com
Turkeysauce
Level1113333777
500 Plat

Piosidon
12-27-2011, 05:13 PM
Here's what I did:
Derpyou@lol.com
Turkeysauce
Level1113333777
500 Plat
Lol spamming him might do something

TANKKAAR
12-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Here's what I did:
Derpyou@lol.com
Turkeysauce
Level1113333777
500 Plat

Lmao.... I really hope he reads them cause I wasn't so nice with my entry ;-)

LucySkyDiamonds
12-27-2011, 07:11 PM
Spamming him with legit looking information that he would have to type in and learn its false then move to the next one, might deter him greatly. Spam away!

Swimmingstar
12-29-2011, 03:08 PM
HEHE I am smarter, I used a fake email and fake pass with fake level with fake plat. Wait fake plat? He is giving out fake plat!