PDA

View Full Version : Extracting Models/maps from SL Pack?

Lazaras
12-26-2011, 05:21 PM
OK. So finding someone to sit and do arts for me would be unreasonable, and I'm broke. So. Alt solution is to do screencap comics. Thing is I want more control than random shots have, plus I want things like removing ALL UI elements (names, etc).

To do this would require pulling the assets out of the .pak file and try making sense of it. Yea i know. Trade one mountain for another since you then have to build your actors out of the diff pieces/skins/etc.

Granted it would be EASIER to do if everything was ported ot garysmod, but I don't see that happening either.

Was thinking of opening stuffs up in blender and see what was what.

Ihavenokills
12-27-2011, 08:29 PM
OK. So finding someone to sit and do arts for me would be unreasonable, and I'm broke. So. Alt solution is to do screencap comics. Thing is I want more control than random shots have, plus I want things like removing ALL UI elements (names, etc).

To do this would require pulling the assets out of the .pak file and try making sense of it. Yea i know. Trade one mountain for another since you then have to build your actors out of the diff pieces/skins/etc.

Granted it would be EASIER to do if everything was ported ot garysmod, but I don't see that happening either.

Was thinking of opening stuffs up in blender and see what was what.

Isn't digging into a program that you have no ownership to kinda against the law? >_>

Hans
12-27-2011, 08:51 PM
I dont know anything about this files but why you dont try out a Extractor?

Google -> PAK Extractor (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=43)