PDA

View Full Version : Name changes and guild bug

Rare
12-26-2011, 08:31 PM
So I finally ponnied up and changed my character names. Ran into an interesting bug.

- After the change when I'm logged on it still shows old name in guild list.
- In guild chat it shows new name.
- Guild master tried kicking and readding to get the correct name to show up. However, after the kick the new request never showed. I got the popup but didn't see the invite in the notification window. Just says "buy a guild charter to start your guild"

Hoping I can fix this quickly.

Rare
12-26-2011, 10:22 PM
I was able to get the invite through the notification window after enabling it. However, still didn't see it in the guild window. I don't know if this changed since I joined my guild but is this the only way you should be able to join?

Mothwing
12-26-2011, 10:24 PM
I was able to get the invite through the notification window after enabling it. However, still didn't see it in the guild window. I don't know if this changed since I joined my guild but is this the only way you should be able to join?

Invites dont show up in the guild window. Only the notification bubble.

Rare
12-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Since when? Never saw that mentioned in the update notes

Mothwing
12-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Since when? Never saw that mentioned in the update notes

I dont think it ever did. You could search around for some confirmation. It never did for me though :)

Rare
12-26-2011, 11:30 PM
Out definitely did. I remember there you could see all the invites you had pending.

I can't be sure but i think the guild feature was added before the notification bubble.

Siejo
12-27-2011, 12:29 AM
I know of this bug. The only way I have been able to fix it it to close app completely and restart. Then have them resend you the invite once you are in a town. The guild invite will show up in the notification icon on the top right like it is supposed to.

Elyseon
12-27-2011, 04:24 AM
It did show up in the guild window at first but broke shortly after

Siejo
12-27-2011, 04:55 AM
I've noticed it happens if you accidentally clear the invite. That was the only fix I know for it.