PDA

View Full Version : Hacker?

ladyjanegrey217
12-27-2011, 07:35 PM
The first time I ran into this situation was when I made my alt character. I was approached by someone and they invited me into their guild, normal right? I asked about the guild and they replied with 'it's a good guild, but I want to start my own'. I told them okay ( I didnt really see any point in them telling me this) and to send me the invite when the guild was up and running. Expecting to walk away and continue playing I was confused when I got another message reading 'i only have 4 plat'.Again seeing no point I the statement(it was their guild not mine) I could only reply with a vague 'okay?' .This is where the confusion (on my part) starts. Suddenly another player types 'r u a hacker?' the suspect responds with 'kinda'. Soon more than five people are around me and the suspect all calling the suspect a hacker. The only response given was 'sort of' 'some of the time' and ' I only hack my sister'.
Needless to say I ran away ignored her and exited the guild. (as i logged out I saw a message reading 'why did u leave?') It has happen twice since then once on PL and once on SL. Was it a hacker amd cam hackers do anything to players on phones ( vs computers)

Help would be appreciated!
Blessed Be

LucySkyDiamonds
12-27-2011, 07:51 PM
Nobody can hack you like that. Thats not really how it works.

Nick41324
12-27-2011, 07:56 PM
I don't understand what you are talking about. They sent you a message without you being online?

What did they do exactly?

ladyjanegrey217
12-27-2011, 10:10 PM
No, the person was asking me if I could help gather enough platinum to start a guild. Other players started asking the person if the person was a hacker or accusing the person of being a hacker. When I sent a message to this person asking if they where a hacker the reply was 'kinda' or 'sort of'. The answers were so vague that I thought it might be a person trying to get into my account via messaging. I even asked the person 'what is a hacker' and the response was still 'kinda'. That response made me think it might be an AI responding instead of a.person.
What it comes down to is this: are there hackers in PL and SL? If there are what can they do? and is there a way to find them before they find me?

MoarPewPew
12-27-2011, 10:12 PM
No, the person was asking me if I could help gather enough platinum to start a guild. Other players started asking the person if the person was a hacker or accusing the person of being a hacker. When I sent a message to this person asking if they where a hacker the reply was 'kinda' or 'sort of'. The answers were so vague that I thought it might be a person trying to get into my account via messaging. I even asked the person 'what is a hacker' and the response was still 'kinda'. That response made me think it might be an AI responding instead of a.person.
What it comes down to is this: are there hackers in PL and SL? If there are what can they do? and is there a way to find them before they find me?

There are no Hackers in PL or SL. You are fine. Relax.

razerfingers
12-27-2011, 10:17 PM

There are no Hackers in PL or SL. You are fine. Relax.
Lol

Silentarrow
12-27-2011, 10:20 PM
If their harassing you feel free to email/pm the devs about it. Players like this just like to ruin people's fun by getting them all worried about stuff.

plmafiaboss
12-27-2011, 10:22 PM
I Thought u couldn't hack an online game only individuals if u have certain info or something like that:confused:

MoarPewPew
12-27-2011, 10:28 PM
I Thought u couldn't hack an online game only individuals if u have certain info or something like that:confused:

We should not go to deep in the matter but you can hack an online game. Also accounts are stole 99% of the time from players giving out there info. Pocket Legends right now is safe and just remember to keep you account info private. The PC version is different than the normal flash game so it is much resistant to hacking and modifying. No need to worry we are safe.

razerfingers
12-27-2011, 10:31 PM

We should not go to deep in the matter but you can hack an online game. Also accounts are stole 99% of the time from players giving out there info. Pocket Legends right now is safe and just remember to keep you account info private. The PC version is different than the normal flash game so it is much resistant to hacking and modifying. No need to worry we are safe.
Pew pew to the rescue :D he knows all about cyber world... Nahhh im juusttt jokin but yeah pew saved the day :-)

LucySkyDiamonds
12-27-2011, 10:32 PM
There is no way anybody on PL or SL will be hacked in-game. There is no need to worry about hackers as long as you follow the ToS.

MoarPewPew
12-27-2011, 10:33 PM
Pew pew to the rescue :D he knows all about cyber world... Nahhh im juusttt jokin but yeah pew saved the day :-)

+10 Pew Points.

javier995
12-27-2011, 10:42 PM
If someone could really hack an online game and STS, do you really think they'd do it? Answer is no. A person with that type of capability to hack would be hacking other things, as some would say, are 'worth' hacking. It's just a game, so really hacking it wouldn't make much of a difference.

The only way to be 'hacked' is if you give out your account info, which you should NEVER do. Also if the person somehow gets your info, it isn't really hacking its just logging into the account from a different device.

As it was said above, follow ToS and you have nothing to worry about.

Nick41324
12-27-2011, 11:18 PM
All you have to do is take a screen shot of them in the act and send it to STS. They do a great job taking those people down :)

Jugernugett
12-27-2011, 11:27 PM

There are no Hackers in PL or SL. You are fine. Relax.incorrect. There are a lot, I repeat a lot of hackers. U can not disagree. I got hacked.

javier995
12-27-2011, 11:38 PM
@ Nick not everyone cam take screenies bud, but they do help a lot.

@ Jug Actually bud your wrong, you can't hack this game. Getting your account hacked is a different story. That's why you don't share your account info.

SUPAPRODIGY
12-28-2011, 12:13 AM
there is hackers there is hackers in everygame possible dont ever think your safe always have an encrypted password just in case.

Udiemorenoob
12-28-2011, 12:25 AM
@ Nick not everyone cam take screenies bud, but they do help a lot.

@ Jug Actually bud your wrong, you can't hack this game. Getting your account hacked is a different story. That's why you don't share your account info.

Hey bud. Sorry but you are the one who is wrong. You can be hacked w/o ever giving your info away, the chances are very low that it will happen though.

ooommmggg
12-28-2011, 12:39 AM
sorry but ur wrong too. pl and sl r server games. servers CAN NOT be hacked, unless u r at the headquarters in austin, texas. no need to worry, nerd power saves the day again :p

SUPAPRODIGY
12-28-2011, 12:57 AM
sorry but ur wrong too. pl and sl r server games. servers CAN NOT be hacked, unless u r at the headquarters in austin, texas. no need to worry, nerd power saves the day again :p

false hackers can hack from servers to data bases in a matter of minutes
nerd doesnt save day a good security can be broken in a matter of minutes the only people that have a good security would be Google everyone else doesnt it.

javier995
12-28-2011, 12:58 AM
@Udiemore Actually bud, I'm not wrong. Why? Well because I never said you had to give out your info to be hacked. I said that's why you don't give it out.

@Supra That's true, but as I said above. Someone with that ability wouldn't want to hack STS just to get an edge in the game. They'd be trying to hack other things, also as I said above.

Deathpunch
12-28-2011, 01:22 AM
Hey, buds, too many buds in here. :D

-----
Sent from my six shooter. BANG! BANG!

javier995
12-28-2011, 01:26 AM
Welcome to the bud party bud:D!

When I put in bud, autocorrect automatically puts in bid. Lol

LucySkyDiamonds
12-28-2011, 03:03 AM
Im all about the buds..

210. x2

Piosidon
12-28-2011, 11:41 AM
There's many ways to actually hack accounts, only it's usually on a computer. Hackers can created websites that secretly install software onto your computer that records passwords and stuff, then when you log onto PL the computer records the password and username and sends it to the hacker.

Sources: google and my brain

FluffNStuff
12-28-2011, 12:02 PM
false hackers can hack from servers to data bases in a matter of minutes
nerd doesnt save day a good security can be broken in a matter of minutes the only people that have a good security would be Google everyone else doesnt it.

PL is on the Amazon server, and sure, there are people out there with the skills to hack the Amazon server. But cmon, if someone was to take the risk to hack into the Amazon server, they ain't looking for PL passwords :) That would be like breaking into a bank so you could steal the paper bands they use to stack the hundred dollar bills.

*edit:
Before someone mentions the attack on the playstation network as an example of real skilled hackers going after gaming accounts, that was purely for the credit card information associated with those accounts. Since platinum is sold through itunes/google payments etc. no credit card information is on the PL servers.

StompArtist
12-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Hacking your sisters account because you figured out the password was your mums name does not make you a hacker. Just sayin'

Duped
12-28-2011, 05:08 PM
Actually, NO ONE IS SAFE!! I saw on National Treasure 2 where Nicolas Cage's crew hacked into the White House with a mobile phone from the bathroom.

The only safe thing to do is put everyone on PL that PM's you on "mute". It gets lonely being secure.....