PDA

View Full Version : what good is Fang crafted crossbow?

Fusionstrike
12-27-2011, 08:04 PM
I have been wondering what use the Mt Fang crafted sanguine crossbow is when compared to the longbow. The stats on them clearly favor the longbow since it has higher base damage and is faster. For other weapons, I'm told it can be useful to have a slower, lower DPS weapon if it has higher base damage because that raises damage output for skills. In this case, though, crossbow is lower DPS and also lower base damage. Is there any reason anyone would ever use the crossbow if they had the longbow available? I realize the longbow is expensive, so I suppose it's useful that the crossbow is a much cheaper alternative weapon. But assuming you could afford the longbow, is there any reason at all to use the crossbow?

WarTornBird
12-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Well from what I know, if your into pvp that is, you can kite like a champ because the crossbow has a longer range :)
But if you typically don't pvp and your not rich, crossbow is fine.

wvhills
12-27-2011, 08:33 PM
if you can afford the longbow get it, otherwise use the crossbow (except in pvp like wartorn says).

Whirlzap
12-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Well from what I know, if your into pvp that is, you can kite like a champ because theLONGbow has a longer range :)
But if you typically don't pvp and your not rich, crossbow is fine.
Fixed?

WarTornBird
12-27-2011, 09:38 PM
Whirlz I'm pretty sure the xbow has a longer range.
I'm pretty sure it has 12m range while the long bow has a 8m range :p

Fusionstrike
12-27-2011, 11:48 PM
Cool that's the info I was after, thanks all.

plmafiaboss
12-28-2011, 12:11 AM
Well from what I know, if your into pvp that is, you can kite like a champ because the crossbow has a longer range :)
But if you typically don't pvp and your not rich, crossbow is fine.lol. U said crossbow twice XD

Gaunab
12-28-2011, 08:53 AM
The Crossbow has a 13m range (longer than any skill). This makes it a good weapon for kiting in PvP, in 1vs1 fights. it also has a small chance to proc stun, which can be quite helpful, but can't be relied on.

The Longbow has a range of 10m, but the overall damage output is significantly better. For PvE this is definitly your primary choice.
For PvP, I also prefer the Longbow, only pull out the crossbow for extreme kiting fights.