PDA

View Full Version : For services to the community far above and beyond the norm...

Justg
07-21-2010, 03:47 PM
... we are happy to award ViolentSaint a Shield of Legends for his "give back to the community" efforts.

You sir, rock. We salute you!

Cascade
07-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Yay! Congratz! Good job violentsaint!

EDIT:Im jealous xD

Banned
07-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Gratz, but, he wasn't the only one that contributed to effort. :p

Cascade
07-21-2010, 03:56 PM
So if I make the same thing violent did do I get a PL shield too? XD Hahahahaha

Royce
07-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Congrats to Violentsaint :)

And Violent, get rid of the greed yo, and give me your shield ;)

bmc85uk
07-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Well that was unexpected, nicely done STS and congrats to Violentsaint :)

Storm
07-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Whoo! Congrats Violent.

Cascade
07-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Storm should be given a Pl shield too he gave me a zuraz plasma sword and scarab buckler of Isis for free! And he gave mysticaldream a Plasma Sword of Thoth and scarab buckler of Isis for free too!

EDIT: Just for the record devs this was a bad idea to give ViolentSaint a PL shield because their are many other people who have helped people more than he has...Not saying he doesn't deserve it...Just saying if you give it to some one who has done above and beyond then give one to KingRichie which has most certainly done above and beyond along with other players like mysticaldream and storm!

Snakespeare
07-21-2010, 04:21 PM
High five, knuckle bump, and head bang!

Well deserved! Congrats. :D

Stamper
07-21-2010, 04:52 PM
Grats! Well deserved. STATS and PICS!?

Cascade
07-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Looks awesome but the stats fail lol

KingFu
07-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Gratz bro!!!!!!!!! You earned it!!!!! -DROOLS-

Storm
07-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Storm should be given a Pl shield too he gave me a zuraz plasma sword and scarab buckler of Isis for free! And he gave mysticaldream a Plasma Sword of Thoth and scarab buckler of Isis for free too!

EDIT: Just for the record devs this was a bad idea to give ViolentSaint a PL shield because their are many other people who have helped people more than he has...Not saying he doesn't deserve it...Just saying if you give it to some one who has done above and beyond then give one to KingRichie which has most certainly done above and beyond along with other players like mysticaldream and storm!

Lol, thanks, but yeah if everyone helps people, everyone would have one.

KingFu
07-21-2010, 05:40 PM

Honestly I do kinda agree with this, Violent did deserve something cool for his work, but I think others have too. Storm for one example is a very generous cool guy, a lot of people are. I realize you can't really reward us all, but we all have given our part. Good job Violent! None-the-less he did do a good job and deserves it, I am not gonna deny that. Not much more to say though.

Neurion
07-21-2010, 06:15 PM
Queue "generosity" threads in 3... 2...

flaimdude
07-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Props, bro.

Inching
07-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Teacher's pet...... Look, Inching is cheating on his test!!!!

Grats bro, now gift me cause I'm a bully

Iambirdman
07-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Lame, lame, lame.

I already said it in the other post.

If it's gonna be this way, than people who donated pinks should also ask for a shield:)

Banned
07-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Lame, lame, lame.

I already said it in the other post.

If it's gonna be this way, than people who donated pinks should also ask for a shield:)

Gimmi PL shield, pl0x?

euromikeym
07-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Three cheers for V!

Yay, for the good old Aussie spirit!

Neurion
07-21-2010, 10:33 PM
To everyone saying that Violentsaint doesn't deserve this, or that a lot of people deserve this more than he does, I'd like to remind you guys that as far as I know, no one else has ever provided a channel for other players to make donations. Sure a lot of players can just give away their spare items, but it's a different thing when you encourage other players to do the same.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
07-21-2010, 11:19 PM
To everyone saying that Violentsaint doesn't deserve this, or that a lot of people deserve this more than he does, I'd like to remind you guys that as far as I know, no one else has ever provided a channel for other players to make donations. Sure a lot of players can just give away their spare items, but it's a different thing when you encourage other players to do the same.

this. Totally totally this!

Storm
07-21-2010, 11:22 PM

You tell em!

Cascade
07-21-2010, 11:25 PM
I was saying that people have done greater things to help the devs and the community more than Violent...Yes he deservs a shield....But others should get it as well such as KingRichie and banned they have helped the community greatly by posting helpful information and buying all map packs and respecs Ect....I'm sure you have heard this before in a classroom when you were young and sharing a cookie or gum or something like that with a friend and your teacher pipes up and says "Billy! If you are going to share with one person share with the rest of your class!"

Nouda
07-21-2010, 11:51 PM
I was saying that people have done greater things to help the devs and the community more than Violent...Yes he deservs a shield....But others should get it as well such as KingRichie and banned they have helped the community greatly by posting helpful information and buying all map packs and respecs Ect....I'm sure you have heard this before in a classroom when you were young and sharing a cookie or gum or something like that with a friend and your teacher pipes up and says "Billy! If you are going to share with one person share with the rest of your class!"some body mad they didnt get a shield

grats violent but to all of you who think that all of the people who donated should get a shield, they would not of given anything if violent hadnt started the whole thing

Cascade
07-21-2010, 11:56 PM
@Nouda To be honest the shield Is cool but I doubt im ever gunna get onw unless I win a contest for now I am content with my zuraz plasma sword :)

Banned
07-22-2010, 12:10 AM
some body mad they didnt get a shield

grats violent but to all of you who think that all of the people who donated should get a shield, they would not of given anything if violent hadnt started the whole thing

Actually, like I said in Vio's thread, I was planning on creating a thread dedicated to sharing my collection of pinks. That's why I was so quick to offer them, what would have been the point of making ANOTHER give-away thread, if someone had already covered it quicker.

Also, the statement that he put in his thread ( he edit it out for more character space, I assume ), about greed and the good ol' days, was exactly the same thing I had said in a conversation I had with him, the morning prior to his post.

Still, he beat me to it, and he totally deserves that shield and more. Good job, buddy.

Cascade
07-22-2010, 12:18 AM
Funny...He kinda refused to give me an item from his list lol

Banned
07-22-2010, 12:28 AM
Funny...He kinda refused to give me an item from his list lol

I don't believe Violent would ever do that, unless you had already been given a pink, or if the one you wanted was already taken.

Storm
07-22-2010, 12:36 AM
It's because he doesn't like Cascade =P

Lawlessomega
07-22-2010, 01:01 AM
I've been touring alot so I haven't been on lately and I must say that it was very generous of all of the people who donated. I didn't realize that the community was that strong and kind and I can think of no one more deserving then violent to recieve a gesture of gratitude from the devs. If I was a more active member of the community here on the forums I would have requested something but alas I am quite busy these days. If something like this happens again and you guys see me in towne please tell me I will gladly donate items. Congrats violent.

tjornan
07-22-2010, 10:02 AM

I tend to agree with this statement. Not to criticize violent or anything, but he did advertise his charity a little better than others. Of course now ppl will create threads of donations just to getthe shield, which obviously is wrong. The ppl that did this vefore the award shud deserve one as well. Not only for giveaways, but for helping out the community, good ideas, lvlong noobs, loaning ppl money. That kinda stuff

Cascade
07-22-2010, 11:41 AM
This is what he said after I asked him if I could have Conquerers Sword of Pharoah...The third paragraph down was meant for me I'm pretty sure....He said that in the third paragraph after he already gave stuff to people that were lvl 45(At the time I was lvl 41 I believe...
fine i will trade one of the two jewel thiefs forest leathers for your 5 low level items. as i am not trying to make a profit off it. it is simply to help the community.

also @ mrs bannana i already gave you a khara helm of isis yesterday, u cant ask for another pink lol.

it is also sad that i just seem to be giving away pinks to people that are well known and respected high level players, this charity was intended to help new players that cannot afford decent gear...

i just seem to be giving away pinks to people that are trying to sell blasters for 200k *cough* staffed *cough*

EDIT: Get rid of the greed yo!

Storm
07-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Ehhh, maybe it's not meant toward you, cheer up mate!

I'm here for you!

So whatever you need i got you

Cascade
07-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Thanks! :)

Banned
07-22-2010, 12:06 PM
This is what he said after I asked him if I could have Conquerers Sword of Pharoah...The third paragraph down was meant for me I'm pretty sure....He said that in the third paragraph after he already gave stuff to people that were lvl 45(At the time I was lvl 41 I believe...

Nah, he clearly meant in general.

Kingofthebear
07-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Congrats to Violentsaint :)

And Violent, get rid of the greed yo, and give me your shield ;)

lol, beat me to it!

Cascade
07-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Whatever he never gave it to me that's all I'm saying...

Storm
07-22-2010, 12:13 PM
I'll give it to you! No homo

What item?

Kingofthebear
07-22-2010, 12:13 PM

Hey Devs, when you're done giving VS his Shield, can you give Cascade one too for winning Hater of the Year? Thanks in advance.

Cascade
07-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Its okay storm I don't need the sword anymore but thanks :)....And that would be awesome KOTB :D

Storm
07-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Lol alrighty, keep your head up!

Twiggs
07-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Congrats!! If it was not for VS I would not have such a great place to pawn off all my lvl43 pinks ;P

haroldiv
07-22-2010, 12:42 PM
Whoa, shield of legends? Is that different from mine? The shields we won in the review contest were named "pocket legends shield"

Stats and pics asap, oh and CONGRATS!

Violentsaint
07-22-2010, 11:27 PM

thankyou neurion for your comment.

And rofl for me just seing this post after harodiv messaged me ingame saying "shield of legends!!! is that better than my pocket legends shield" and telling me there was a thread dedicated to me XD

and to the people that seem to think i dont deserve it, when i created the giveaway thread it was to get rid of greed, i never asked for anything in return, nor did i ever expect anything. i simply did it to help the community, and it is not the only way i have helped.

here is a quote from my giveaway thread.

ways ive helped the pocket legends community.

violentsaints battlemage/paladin build thread (lvl30-35) has 2,000 views

violentsaints battlemage/paladin build thread (lvl35-40) has 1,801 views

violentsaints pink giveaway thread has 2,055 views. (also spent around 20-30 plat on extra stash slots) EDIT: just spent another 15 plat on stash slots

violentsaints guide to powerlvling thread has 243 views (just recently posted in new players section)

so if you add all the views together thats 6,099 views

so i have basicly helped around six thousand players, and thats just on the forums.

i would like to personaly thank all the people that donated pinks, without you guys there would be nowere near as many pinks to giveaway, i started off with all my pinks (around 60) and i have continued to add to that number along with everyones donations, id like to give a big thankyou to smokester and storm for donating tons of pinks. my stash is currently full, 250 pinks! :P

id also like to thank the developers, it means alot :)

Kingofthebear
07-23-2010, 02:21 AM
VS, you shouldn't have to defend yourself. You've obviously done a lot for the community, and I don't think anyone will disagree with that.

It sounds like the naysayers are just jealous that their behaviors, whether as significant or not, were not as rewarded.

UNFORTUNATELY, while they have nothing against you specifically, they're using this thread to whine for themselves. Basically, they're hijacking the thread to beg for attention to themselves. It's pretty lame.

Violentsaint
07-23-2010, 02:33 AM
VS, you shouldn't have to defend yourself. You've obviously done a lot for the community, and I don't think anyone will disagree with that.

It sounds like the naysayers are just jealous that their behaviors, whether as significant or not, were not as rewarded.

UNFORTUNATELY, while they have nothing against you specifically, they're using this thread to whine for themselves. Basically, they're hijacking the thread to beg for attention to themselves. It's pretty lame.

thanyou kingofthebear.

may i hijack everyones attention back to myself for a second

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af172/violentsaint321/d38016f0.jpg

(o^-^o)

Inching
07-23-2010, 06:12 AM
Leave VS alone. If u think he doesn't deserve, tough and you should of advertised first so zip it. He has the first movers advantage which like in life is something you have to deal with.

With the people who complained, go start a McDonalds and complain you should also be rich. Lame

Violentsaint
07-23-2010, 07:38 AM
Inchings always got my back yo! And yes I agree with u dream, inchings sig is kinda cute, but at the same time a little scary lol

Snakespeare
07-23-2010, 12:08 PM
To any who feel envious, think of it as a treasure drop for defeating one of the seven deadly boss badguys in the real world, Avarice. I think if you want to get one, too, you should have to go farming. There are six more out here (and Envy is one of them). Besides, Avarice isn't dead. Avarice is merely knocked back, stunned, with stars spinning around his head. He'll return as surely as Skeller Krunch. ;)

Good on ya, VS.

Violentsaint
08-05-2010, 03:30 AM
To any who feel envious, think of it as a treasure drop for defeating one of the seven deadly boss badguys in the real world, Avarice. I think if you want to get one, too, you should have to go farming. There are six more out here (and Envy is one of them). Besides, Avarice isn't dead. Avarice is merely knocked back, stunned, with stars spinning around his head. He'll return as surely as Skeller Krunch. ;)

Good on ya, VS.

ty snake.

i cant wait for 1.3 and my ipad i ordered. ;)

gonna have a mad time questing! :)

gunnderakk
08-13-2010, 03:42 AM
i am very impressed, and would like to do somthing dramatic, i would really love the honour of wearing a shield of legend, so could you please let someone know, i am giving away money and tons of free pinks to those who deserve them. :), good job justg and keep up the good work

Potawto
08-13-2010, 03:53 AM
Props violent and all who contributed to the giveaway

jonboy
08-13-2010, 04:25 AM
See gunn the thing is violent did this not expecting anything, he just did it. Trying to replicate it, in the hope of getting something is just, ummm... Off and the total opposite of what he did.

Rarefew
08-13-2010, 07:55 AM
So if I make the same thing violent did do I get a PL shield too? XD Hahahahaha

-whispers- don't ask for it...,

gunnderakk
08-14-2010, 10:20 AM
i am not asking for it, i am letting ppl no and , the term "noobs" know, so i can help, i do not want anything in return, so pls tell ppl

bmc85uk
08-14-2010, 11:08 AM
i am not asking for it, i am letting ppl no and , the term "noobs" know, so i can help, i do not want anything in return, so pls tell ppl

You may as well just pool your items into ViolentSaint's charity thread, no sense having more than one on the forums.

As for giving away money, that's something you can set up and tell people about yourself.

Dovewing
08-14-2010, 01:07 PM
good job violent u deserved it.

gunnderakk
08-15-2010, 04:19 AM
You may as well just pool your items into ViolentSaint's charity thread, no sense having more than one on the forums.

As for giving away money, that's something you can set up and tell people about yourself.

how do i go, for giving items, how would i do that?

gunnderakk
08-17-2010, 01:09 AM
anyone?.............

giayuan
08-22-2010, 12:04 AM
ooooo ur giving free money?! can i hav some? lolololol
congrats violent, even though it happened a long time ago

Machinima
08-22-2010, 12:54 AM
Don't bring up old posts do not respond to this message or post after me.

KingFu
08-22-2010, 03:06 AM

Why not? There is nothing wrong with posting on old forums. Why let a good forum die? Especially one by a dev ;) Feel free to comment on here, that's why people make forums, for comments, and feedback, old or new, bad or good, that's what the forums are for.

gunnderakk
08-26-2010, 01:00 AM
agreed. so does any one know how?

bmc85uk
08-26-2010, 05:43 AM

Add him in game, meet him, and give him the items.

TwinkTastical
08-26-2010, 11:03 AM

And... you are officalaly a.. TROLL

Edit: Umm Mystic said.. gratz.. so like... yeah

Royce
08-26-2010, 11:07 AM
And... you are officalaly a.. TROLL

Actually by quoting a month-old post from Cascade, and inciting a new flame war, you sir are as official as trolls get. Think about it...

You could just give the items to Violent, but...
1. Last I heard he was out of room
2. His charity seems to be grinding down anyway

What I do if I want to get rid of items is just find people in game who need stuff, and give them directly to them. But whatever works for you. You could PM Violent to ask if he has room, and if not, then you may as well start your own thread.

TwinkTastical
08-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Actually by quoting a month-old post from Cascade, and inciting a new flame war, you sir are as official as trolls get. Think about it...

You could just give the items to Violent, but...
1. Last I heard he was out of room
2. His charity seems to be grinding down anyway

What I do if I want to get rid of items is just find people in game who need stuff, and give them directly to them. But whatever works for you. You could PM Violent to ask if he has room, and if not, then you may as well start your own thread.

By not quoting a month old post from cascade, i wouldnt have trolled, but by quoting ANYTHING from me, you are a troll

KingFu
08-26-2010, 07:09 PM
By not quoting a month old post from cascade, i wouldnt have trolled, but by quoting ANYTHING from me, you are a troll

Go live under your bridge. Troll! :p

Violentsaint
08-26-2010, 07:51 PM

you just lost my vote dude....

TwinkTastical
08-26-2010, 07:51 PM
Which one? i have three.

KingFu
08-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Which one? i have three.

The biggest one! Hehehe

Edit:
Before you beat me to it, that's what she said! :p

cuard
12-23-2010, 06:34 PM
gratz, if justg says u rock we know its true

KingFu
01-17-2011, 08:05 AM
This turned out to be the worst decisions the devs ever made :p

Arterra
01-17-2011, 08:24 AM
Mystical lol at a close copy of my sig idea. Even the same place.

KingFu
01-17-2011, 08:25 AM
Awwwwwwwww, didn't notice lol. I never gave you the rights to use that gold pl shield xD :p

Arterra
01-17-2011, 08:26 AM
Yes you did. I remember asking xD

KingFu
01-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Oh lolol. Well isn't my face red :o lol. I just wanted a sig I made 100% of :p

Arterra
01-17-2011, 08:29 AM
Well in any case I'm working on a change. Might be tomorrow, might be next week, but I got a totally new work in the making.

KingFu
01-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Nice! I'm planning on making a new one. I tend to do it every other day lol. I'm a noob at photo editing so I wanted something simple then to work my way up.

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 09:21 AM

Why's that?

Kingofhurtz
01-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Why's that?

Hahah because everyone started making "give back to the community" threads or something along this lines because everyone wanted a PL shield. Greed and jealousy overwhelmed some of the community...:( and a few players quit because of it

KingFu
01-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Why's that?

People made give away threads in hope of getting one. People have given away a lot more, and not necessarily a lot more, but he wasn't the first, he just made a thread about it. He got cocky about it. I suspiciously think he made the thread for this reason, due to his post about how many threads got a fairly large ammount of views, and how much he deserved a shield. The shield should be for doing something really special, via contest etc, or doing something very original. It turned people into thinking "how can I get a pl shield?" blah blah blah. This decision wasn't a good one from my outlook.

Arterra
01-17-2011, 10:31 AM
People made give away threads in hope of getting one. People have given away a lot more, and not necessarily a lot more, but he wasn't the first, he just made a thread about it. He got cocky about it. I suspiciously think he made the thread for this reason, due to his post about how many threads got a fairly large ammount of views, and how much he deserved a shield. The shield should be for doing something really special, via contest etc, or doing something very original. It turned people into thinking "how can I get a pl shield?" blah blah blah. This decision wasn't a good one from my outlook.

i really dont see the devs going and randomly gifting PL shields anymore. though since the logo change they are no longer anywhere near as cool...

KingFu
01-17-2011, 10:31 AM
i really dont see the devs going and randomly gifting PL shields anymore. though since the logo change they are no longer anywhere near as cool...

I don't either, but none the less, I still think this was a bad decision, to say the least.

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 10:32 AM
Yeah I saw his quote about how many views his threads got, etc. Thought that was a really odd thing for someone to say if he was only doing it to help out, and not for any publicity/reward.

KingFu
01-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Yeah I saw his quote about how many views his threads got, etc. Thought that was a really odd thing for someone to say if he was only doing it to help out, and not for any publicity/reward.

Exactly, I almost think he did it precisely for a pl shield, since in the post, he listed that he wanted one, and how much he deserved one. Seemed out of the ordinary.

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Exactly, I almost think he did it precisely for a pl shield, since in the post, he listed that he wanted one, and how much he deserved one. Seemed out of the ordinary.

Wow did he say that in the original thread? I never saw the thread. But that's really messed up.

KingFu
01-17-2011, 10:52 AM
Wow did he say that in the original thread? I never saw the thread. But that's really messed up.

If you saw the quote he made of himself a few pages back, listing all the reasons why he deserved it. Yes, that was in the original thread. Only after he got the pl shield, in the original thread I believe he edited it to make it sound less needy. AFTER he got the shield....

Pharcyde
01-17-2011, 10:55 AM
:P. I don't think they have given any shields since this. At least until video contest ends.

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 10:55 AM
Wow... Then he really should not have gotten one.
Only Royce deserves a PL shield!

Arterra
01-17-2011, 10:57 AM
did royce ever even get one?

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 11:02 AM

Not that I know of. I guess he wasn't greedy enough ;)

KingFu
01-17-2011, 11:04 AM

Nope, not once. Part of the reason I'm upset Vio got a pl shield is because ive given away a crap load of stuff...and I don't expect diddly in return. Nor do I want anything in return, since I give to make people happy. That's the true reason to give away items, is to make the other person happy, and know you brought them that happiness

/ends cheesiness (thx dawns xD)

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 11:05 AM
And btw, I noticed several people on this thread talking about buying all the maps and spending plat on respecs, etc. Was it so rare back then for people to buy all the maps, and was it common to act so holier-than-thou and I-deserve-rewards for buying plat?

Arterra
01-17-2011, 11:07 AM
oh yea btw i forgot what varking did for the droid costume... general excellence?

KingFu
01-17-2011, 11:08 AM
I never found out what he did....

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 11:09 AM
I think Varking publicized PL on the droid forums. He even got that interview with G for one of those forums recently...

KingFu
01-17-2011, 11:11 AM
And btw, I noticed several people on this thread talking about buying all the maps and spending plat on respecs, etc. Was it so rare back then for people to buy all the maps, and was it common to act so holier-than-thou and I-deserve-rewards for buying plat?

Not at all, I don't remember anything like that back then. I mean, it probably was about the same ratio of people since the community was so much smaller then, but I don't think buying plat was like "omg, you're 1/5 to buy plat this month":p

Xymorg
01-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Edit: nevermind was replying to up above you actually just discussed this---

I don't really see it as a dev mistake. The idea of a crazy rare gift items isn't necessarily bad & the reactions of the players are not in the devs sphere of control. The "... but I was the one who unselfishly helped others moar! Now gimmee!" argument seems a bit confused on the subject & likely not the expected response.

The droid costumes come to mind as a successful special & the forums didn't overflow with rage quits or Varking hate.

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Well in VS's post I think he made a point of mentioning how much plat he spent lol.

KingFu
01-17-2011, 11:16 AM
I don't really see it as a dev mistake. The idea of a crazy rare gift items isn't necessarily bad & the reactions of the players are not in the devs sphere of control. The "... but I was the one who unselfishly helped others moar! Now gimmee!" argument seems a bit confused on the subject & likely not the expected response.

The droid costumes come to mind as a successful special & the forums didn't overflow with rage quits or Varking hate.

Yes, because varking did something to benefit the game very well, and help it progress. He did something little or no people have ever done, and he didn't post a thread about it, or expected anything in return. He did it to help the game progress. He didn't become cocky about it, nor brag, nor post a BAJILLION pics of it, and make the announcement of him getting the costume in his sig for months. He was gracious about the reward, that he didn't expect, and moved on.

lce
01-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Yes, because varking did something to benefit the game very well, and help it progress. He did something little or no people have ever done, and he didn't post a thread about it, or expected anything in return. He did it to help the game progress. He didn't become cocky about it, nor brag, nor post a BAJILLION pics of it, and make the announcement of him getting the costume in his sig for months. He was gracious about the reward, that he didn't expect, and moved on.

I was wondering what did he do :)?

Arterra
01-17-2011, 11:18 AM
lol the only hate we had on varking was "what did he do??" since he didnt publicize it at all

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 11:19 AM

He helped publicize PL to the droid community.

KingFu
01-17-2011, 11:20 AM

Violent? He posted a giveaway thread, giving away items, and letting other people donate items to him to give them away. Wasn't anything special, was very generous, and I know it's the thought the counts, but none of it was really rare, or anything. I think he cancelled out his generosity with all the bragging, and showing off, and posting how much he deserved it....

lce
01-17-2011, 11:20 AM
He helped publicize PL to the droid community.

Oh ook well atm I am creating a music video with pocket legends in the near future :) If anyone wants to help

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 11:21 AM

Exactly! He's also the only droid suit winner who actually still plays and uses the costume.

KingFu
01-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Oh ook well atm I am creating a music video with pocket legends in the near future :) If anyone wants to help

Varking publicized, not vio:p

Whatcha need help with?:)

BeardedBear
01-17-2011, 11:25 AM
Seriously, why are you digging up and old thread about how someone was rewarded with a PL shield for something NO ONE else was doing at the time. No one ever had a give away thread previous to his, or made being generous such a common thing. I think it brought the community together and was a selfless act, which he in no way expected anything in return.

Xymorg
01-17-2011, 11:25 AM

Like a WoW vid? Do you have a song yet? I'd like to help, but my PL acting range is basically milling around in the background.

lce
01-17-2011, 11:26 AM
Varking publicized, not vio:p

Whatcha need help with?:)

I have put together music video for this game before but it got corrupted it was perfect lol..I just want mass people to help out like joining a spamming lyrics make it fun..for example the song I was thinking was "this is war" 30 seconds to mars..

We all scream THIS IS WAR! with a mass of people or maybe just a pvp scene anyways Ill make a thread later if im starting this project

Heres my channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/PLGuide?feature=mhum

KingFu
01-17-2011, 11:28 AM
I have put together music video for this game before but it got corrupted it was perfect lol..I just want mass people to help out like joining a spamming lyrics make it fun..for example the song I was thinking was "this is war" 30 seconds to mars..

We all scream THIS IS WAR! with a mass of people or maybe just a pvp scene anyways Ill make a thread later if im starting this project

Heres my channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/PLGuide?feature=mhum

So I film myself screaming "THIS IS WAR!" into a camera and get to be in a pl music video? I don't think I'm following....

lce
01-17-2011, 11:30 AM
So I film myself screaming "THIS IS WAR!" into a camera and get to be in a pl music video? I don't think I'm following....

I just want people to participate in this video :) I will do the editing and creating hehe

Violentsaint
06-15-2011, 07:46 PM
i just thought id bump this thread because im slightly over people asking how i got my shield...

will probly make little difference because most of the people that ask me probly dont use forums, but whatevs

Silentarrow
06-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Congrats!

Violentsaint
06-15-2011, 08:11 PM
owch mysticaldream... i considered you one of my best friends on pocket legends, and you accuse me that it was my intention of the charity from the very beginning was to score myself a pocket legends shield...

my intention at the start, and ever since was to help people, the fact that i stopped playing for 6 months and started playing a couple of days ago, and immediently continued my charity should prove something...

if my intention was just to get a shield, i would have stopped the charity as soon as i got one....

people like you make me question why i even bother helping people in the first place....

thugimmortal
06-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Congrats!

Lol did you see the date of the tread

im surprised this thread didnt look like a zx spectrum 128k screen its that old lol or even black and white.

but respect anyway !

Violentsaint
06-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Lol did you see the date of the tread

im surprised this thread didnt look like a zx spectrum 128k screen its that old lol or even black and white.

but respect anyway !

thanks.... im pretty upset by what mysticaldream said tho...

thugimmortal
06-15-2011, 08:20 PM
I didnt see what he said it must have been deleted
btw i would delete the profanity

Violentsaint
06-15-2011, 08:29 PM
he said that me recieving a pl shield was the worse decision the developers ever made and that it was my intention of the chairty from the beginning was me trying to get a pl shield....

i didnt say i deserved one, other people said i deserved something because of what i had done, people were saying i deserved something like a custom avatar or title on the forums or some sort of cool unique item ingame.

all i said was i really liked the pocket legends shield, i didnt say i deserved it and i certainly didnt expect one.. i mearly stated that i liked the item...

trust me i was surprised as everyone else that the devs gave me one, i thought u could only win them through competitions, that was the case till i got one.

thugimmortal
06-15-2011, 08:36 PM
seems pretty pointless now that youve quoted me....

he said that me recieving a pl shield was the worse decision the developers ever made and that it was my intention of the chairty from the beginning was me trying to get a pl shield....

I cant really comment because it was before my time. But im suprised mysticaldream said that.

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk

Arterra
06-15-2011, 08:43 PM
im trying to find a decent thing to say here, but all i can think about is this:

but respect anyway !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geZSBEi9afo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geZSBEi9afo

Violentsaint
06-15-2011, 08:45 PM
thanks Arterra

that cheered me up slightly :)

thugimmortal
06-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Lol arterra that made me feel warm inside

violentsaint I wouldnt worry about it. youll always have friends on here.
Im sure mystical didnt mean it

btw ive unquoted the p'd off if you want to edit your post :)

keep ya head up dude

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk

Whirlzap
06-15-2011, 09:09 PM
Mystic means what he says but I'm sure he has his reasons for doing so.
As of you, where are you pulling this quote from? When did he say this? Why? Is that ALL he said? Are you sure you didn't say anything to provoke him into this?
That's all I'm gonna say.
Also Violent grats man:)
Jealous of that nice Airbender sig you have..0.0

Lesrider
06-15-2011, 09:18 PM
Lord almighty. Now that you returned, is it all we're gonna hear about? Droid this, PL shield that... Do you really need this much attention?