PDA

View Full Version : SL Players Got Talent? [Main Prize: Old Man Winter vanity]

Hinata
12-28-2011, 12:01 PM
You know you want to show off! >:[)

So let us know how talented SL players are, ye.

:congratulatory:Cahaun:congratulatory:
1st Prize

Old Man Winter [vanity]
Custom ChromaWeave Chest RECIPE
ELECTRONIC Master Override
KINETIC Carballoy
Custom Atomite Vest
177 Stim Packs
1191 Energy Packs

Kahlua
2nd Prize
- SunWalker Arms
- Cycorp Power Arms
- iHelmet
- Black Widow
- Biotech Engineered DNA [x3]
- Goo Soaked Sleeves

Deathpunch
3rd Prize
- L30 Atomite Pack
- Neutronic Boots
- Psycotic Emotive Plasma [x3]
- Advanced Arc Cannon

Congratulations, yosh!

What:

- You can do whatever you like. Any talent is accepted, as long as it is clean and kept rated PG.

Singing: your options are
- a recorded audio of you, singing. To put it in the forums with less hastle, upload the audio to an audio hosting website, and then paste it's link in here. I used this hosting website where you do not need to register, it is http://kiwi6.com/. An alternative is http://www.mediafire.com/
- a video of yourself while singing
- a video with only your song, black background and no pictures: to make it easier, block the camera when recording, and then belt out, sing! :D
- a video with only your song and supporting/complimentary pictures: to do this, record your song as an audio file, and then put the audio file in a video editing softeware. You will be able to include pictures in this way

Dancing: some options are
- full body shot of yourself while dancing
- a shot showing only the body part. For example, if you are going to tap dance, you can focus the camera on your feet only

Acting: some options are
- to conceal your identity, you can wear a mask 8]

Cosplaying anime/manga, or better yet, cosplaying SL or PL characters: some options are

Drawing
Beatboxing
Miming
Etcetera

[Thanks(x2) Kahlua for pointing out a concern :D]

EDITED
- Your entry will either be attached to your post, or uploaded to youtube and put in your post or uploaded to an audio hosting website and put the it's link in your post
- Duration of your performace will be between 1 to 2 minutes

When:

- Entries will be accepted starting now, until January 6, 2011, midnight, GMT+ 11:00

How to submit an entry:

- Your entry will be posted on this thread, to be seen by everyone who will visit here as spectators. It is a good way to have an audience, ne? It would not be exciting if I'm the only one witnessing your talent. You guys need audience.

Just post your entry in any format you like

Requirements:
- You are now required to say your forum name at the beginning of your video or sound record
- Those who will post pictures for their entry doesn't have to upload it to YouTube anymore, but you are required to hold a piece of paper, where your forum name is clearly written :]

I will privately ask the SL name of the winners, so that I can give them the prizes
If the winner has multiple characters, he/she may choose any one of them to receive the prize.The Prizes

Disqualified if:

- video/audio entry is too lengthy [I do not have unlimited internet data, ye]
- entry shows themes not suitable for the general audience. Rated PG please 8]
- entry is not owned by the submitter.

Kahlua
12-28-2011, 12:20 PM
cool idea, definitely original.

Unfortunately a lot of people probably don't feel comfortable exposing themselves on camera, especially over the internet to strangers.
I'm curious to see how this turns out.

Kanozaki
12-28-2011, 12:30 PM
oh ho ho ho ;)

Hans
12-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Oh thatīs a big effort. I am tense on your constributions guys.

Hinata
12-28-2011, 06:41 PM
cool idea, definitely original.

Unfortunately a lot of people probably don't feel comfortable exposing themselves on camera, especially over the internet to strangers.
I'm curious to see how this turns out.

That's a very good point 8[] It made me think, and this is what I thought of , in order to protect their identity, ye 8[)

- If the contestant is going to sing, they can just record an audio of their song. In order for them to upload it in YouTube, they will have to use a video editing software, or similar, and insert their song in the video. The video can be black with no pictures, as simple as that, but they can also put in some pictures, that they think will compliment their song.

- If the contestant is going to dance, example is tap dancing, they would not have to take a full body shot while dancing. Take a shot your happy feet only, if you want 8[)

- If the contestant needs to take a full body shot in their video, they are allowed to wear masks for their comfort :]

Thank you for pointing it out, Kahlua, ye 8[)

oh ho ho ho ;)

aa it's Kano 8[]

lol

Oh thatīs a big effort. I am tense on your constributions guys.

I am agitated as well, 8[] lol

Kahlua
12-28-2011, 08:57 PM
If they're going to sing with just audio, make sure they say who they are for verification. Don't want people cheating and uploading other people's work :)

Katy
12-28-2011, 10:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th4B1Q4Md8c

LOL Naruto-kun! I used to watch that show on Cartoon Network every Saturday night.

Whirlzap
12-29-2011, 07:43 PM
OMG I can beatbox the Star Legends Lobby Theme Song.

Whirlzap
12-29-2011, 07:48 PM
Oh i have one question:
Cosplaying anime/manga, or better yet, cosplaying SL or PL characters: some options are

Does that mean I can dress up as dat Ash guy and throw pokeballs at you and Ebalere?

Junside
12-29-2011, 07:58 PM
Must I already invite the return of the joker? :o

Justinjspark
01-01-2012, 01:44 AM
Oomph..one concern, if we're allowed a couple of minutes and we wanna
sing, we won't have enough time so do we just cut it off??
Btw so it doesn't have to be uploaded to youtube
Oh ya and also can u be doing two talents at the same time?

Hinata
01-01-2012, 01:57 AM
[This post was written at 6:13 pm, Jan. 1, GMT: +11]

if no one else posts, I'm gonna win this competition >:[)

If they're going to sing with just audio, make sure they say who they are for verification. Don't want people cheating and uploading other people's work :)

Thanks again for your input :sentimental: what would I do without you :dejection: lolxD

LOL Naruto-kun! I used to watch that show on Cartoon Network every Saturday night.
have you seen the shippuden one yet? :D Hinata confessed to naruto!!!! xD

OMG I can beatbox the Star Legends Lobby Theme Song.

Go for it!!! xD

Oh i have one question:

Does that mean I can dress up as dat Ash guy and throw pokeballs at you and Ebalere?
Yes! >:[) you can dress up as Ash and throw poke balls at anyone, but me, nyahaha xD

Must I already invite the return of the joker? :o

you are giving off a mysterious aura, could it be :0 you are the Joker?! aaa :nightmare:

So when are you guys going to post? in less than a week, this contest will be done

EDIT

hey Justinjspark! :[) maybe you can just sing a verse, and then go straight to the chorus :[)

I'm eagerly awaiting your entry!!! xD

Justinjspark
01-01-2012, 02:06 AM
I just noticed and not to be all selfish and spoiled, but don't
you think #1 prize as Old Man Winter not enough? I know this is
your contest but I suggest trying to raise the prizes by more?
Doing all this takes skill,time,effort, and motivation.
If you don't wanna change it's fine with
Meh :)

Hinata
01-01-2012, 02:12 AM

aa D': you think so? I'll try and find more prizes then ;[) don't you worry

javier995
01-01-2012, 02:20 AM

Every contest has a prize. Whether it be small or big, you have the ability to gloat that you won. I don't think the prize is small at all, being a vanity is all. Might not be one of the most expensive but hey it's a vanity nonetheless ;).

O yea for the naruto fans, download a manga app! Or download the crunchyroll app and watch dubbed naruto shippuden episodes on it. It's at around episode 245 I believe. There's a new one every Monday or so.

Hinata
01-01-2012, 02:22 AM
Every contest has a prize. Whether it be small or big, you have the ability to gloat that you won. I don't think the prize is small at all, being a vanity is all. Might not be one of the most expensive but hey it's a vanity nonetheless ;).

O yea for the naruto fans, download a manga app! Or download the crunchyroll app and watch dubbed naruto shippuden episodes on it. It's at around episode 245 I believe. There's a new one every Monday or so.

aa!!! >:[) it's my grandson!!!

tytytytytytyty

javier995
01-01-2012, 02:25 AM
My mistake it's on episode 242, it's called Naruto's Vow.

Arthanos
01-01-2012, 02:34 AM
Re-frigging-served.

Hinata
01-01-2012, 02:34 AM
My mistake it's on episode 242, it's called Naruto's Vow.

yosh >:[ got it >:[)

EDIT

Re-frigging-served.

aa what does that mean? :0

EDIT 2

Sorry, I think I skimmed your other questions D': I'll answer them now

No, it doesn't have to be uploaded to YouTube, if it is just a sound file. You can use this mp3 hosting site to upload your sound file [which needs to be an mp3] and then put it's link in this forum :[) You don't have to register to this website, so it is less painful :]

Mp3 hosting site:

http://kiwi6.com/

An alternative is Mediafire (http://www.mediafire.com/)

You can do as many talents you want, as long as it fits in the 2 minute limit x]

javier995
01-01-2012, 02:50 AM
He means he's reserved.

So he'll post his entry later.

Kahlua
01-01-2012, 10:43 AM

wow.... -10 points in my book.

Justinjspark
01-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Another concern, is auto-tuning allowed?

ninjaduck
01-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Oh i have one question:

Dat ash gave me nightmares

javier995
01-01-2012, 06:09 PM

Too bad you can't thumbs down anymore-_-

Hinata
01-03-2012, 04:12 AM
He means he's reserved.

So he'll post his entry later.

Thanks for telling me :[)

Kahlua chan!!! xD

Thank you very much for your concern :] I appreciate it X[) let's just leave it, since I know that Justi have read the comments about his/her particular post :[) people make mistakes after all, maybe he/she didn't mean it to sound negative :[)

Another concern, is auto-tuning allowed?

Auto-tuning? No way, man! Joke only xD It's absolutely allowed :[)

Regarding your concern about adding more prizes; I have read the reaction of our fellow forumers about it, and to be honest, I do not, and cannot understand your point of view, as well as their point of view. So I am hesitating right now about changing the 1st prize :0

Dat ash gave me nightmares

I love African Americans!!!! xD I actually think the image is cool, ye >:[) ahaha

Too bad you can't thumbs down anymore-_-

Hey grandson!

Thank you very much for your concern :] I appreciate it X[) let's just leave it, since I know that Justi have read the comments about his/her particular post :[) people makes mistakes after all, maybe he/she didn't mean it to sound negative :[)

[copy and paste >xD ahaha]

Cahaun
01-03-2012, 05:57 AM
Need... Santa vanity! I will do everything!
(Eh I could just show my collecting skills)
I will win! Old man you are mine! ;)

Hinata
01-03-2012, 05:59 AM
Need... Santa vanity! I will do everything!
(Eh I could just show my collecting skills)
I will win! Old man you are mine! ;)

dazzle us with your skills >8[) nyahaha

Hiei
01-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Kool idea and your sig is funny. LoL

trixie
01-04-2012, 12:59 PM
What if I read poetry that I wrote? Would that be ok?

LelouchX
01-04-2012, 02:18 PM
trixie, i thought i told you to stop writing love poems to me, and don't share them with everyone! i won't feel special anymore ;-)

eh, any prize should be take for what it's worth. you could always sell it for some creds and save up for something else if you would like, or not participate.

Deathpunch
01-04-2012, 03:58 PM

If you feel the prize is lacking, feel free to contribute to the prize pack with what you feel is suitible. Otherwise you sound ungrateful in the extreme.

Here's my entry, a drawing of a commando done on sketchpad.

http://img.tapatalk.com/6c54e168-be0e-a09f.jpg

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Justinjspark
01-04-2012, 06:30 PM
I am sorry about my above post and did not mean it that way. Hope you can forgive me

LelouchX
01-04-2012, 06:33 PM
I am sorry about my above post and did not mean it that way. Hope you can forgive me
lol, things often get misconstrued here, no worries. although, i do think any sellable prize is worth the effort

trixie
01-05-2012, 12:04 AM
[QUOTE=trixie;530598]What if I read poetry that I wrote? Would that be ok?
trixie, i thought i told you to stop writing love poems to me, and don't share them with everyone! i won't feel special anymore ;-)

Lol.....oops I forgot! Wouldn't want that to happen!

Hinata
01-05-2012, 01:07 AM
Kool idea and your sig is funny. LoL

Thanks xD uhuhu i love my sig tytytytyt :[)
are you going to join in too? 8[)

Do it, Trixie chan!!!! xD that is absolutely ok 8[)

eh, any prize should be take for what it's worth. you could always sell it for some creds and save up for something else if you would like, or not participate.

aaa... I'll stay out of the way -_-!

Ya, old man winter is definitely sellable :[)

If you feel the prize is lacking, feel free to contribute to the prize pack with what you feel is suitible. Otherwise you sound ungrateful in the extreme.

Here's my entry, a drawing of a commando done on sketchpad.

AAA!!!!! Where is the signature xD I don't want to be too strict, we are just having fun after all 8[) so all i will ask for is your signature on your art :[) You are officially the first contestant! >8[) if it happens that you are the only one to submit an entry until tommorow, 6 January 2012, GMT+ 11:00, then the 1st prize is yours! *thumbs up*

thanks for being a grateful fellow 8[)

That is a big achievement of you to make peace :[) good work, buddy 8[)

Now i'm only waiting for your autotuned song :[)

lol, things often get misconstrued here, no worries. although, i do think any sellable prize is worth the effort

Peace rules! >:[) good good :[)

Lol.....oops I forgot! Wouldn't want that to happen!

...no comment 8[]

Deathpunch
01-05-2012, 07:35 AM

Perhaps I came off as a bit harsh, and I apologize for that.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Cahaun
01-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Hmm
Should I show off my "collection" or my ability to make different and good looking looks for my toons?
Can't decide... :confused:

Cahaun
01-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Ok before I start posting pics I'll tell you what my talent is in a very lovely and long pragraph. I am a radical collector in SL. I have started to collect ever since day 1 of the closed beta and continue doing so. Now I'm not a selfish one either; I hand out free things to friends also. Now I have ammassed a collection that surpassed my 200 inventory limit so I had to put some on my alts. It's hard to show you everything so I'll post a few pics in a couple minutes and tell you what I have. First thing is the low lvl greens. I have a few things that are from Cycorp and DynaStar. These include the Cycorp power arms, Juicer Kablooey, the Splat gun, etc. I also have the sniper scoped pistol. I have many more on Raas. As the lvl's raise so do my collection. I still have my full Gallowtech set /w Minesweepers that are 1'st edition (looted during closed beta, I sound wierd :p) I also have the full Iridium set (Well the sleaves were never made) along with the green Rumble going along with it. I also have my I-helm tucked away on my engineer and goo covered sleeves on my op. Now for Numa. I have every single piece for all three sets with every rare green collected. Basically I looted everything here except the vanities. I have a fair colection on Sloucho. Even though I hated this one the most I still collected lots of the purple guns here along with the armor. I still have a custom AtomMight helm tucked away. I also have many varients of the shields with different lvl's and stats. On to the Ship Yard. I have the full custom Titan-Tech set with too many Array shields. I have numerous amounts of the guns here and still need a bit more. In Vularia I get so much of the purple armor I go crazy. I am still working on getting more of the purple guns there and grinding for the second piece of the lvl cap vanity set. And just to throw this out, I have too many ingredients so if you need some just consult me. Everything is free.
I'll try to post a few pics on to show it in visual form.

Cahaun
01-06-2012, 05:16 PM
To go with my very fine paragraph...

Cahaun
01-06-2012, 05:18 PM
QUAD POST! If you want to see my collection in game you can just pm me.:butterfly:

Deathpunch
01-06-2012, 07:14 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/4257584e-8e7f-6bdb.jpg

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Kahlua
01-06-2012, 07:55 PM
My talent is trolling with intelligence...and posting memes.
My entry can be seen throughout my 1000+ posts.
I'll meet you in game to get that vanity, thanks :)

Deathpunch
01-06-2012, 08:49 PM
My talent is trolling with intelligence...and posting memes.
My entry can be seen throughout my 1000+ posts.
I'll meet you in game to get that vanity, thanks :)

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. I'm very proud if you, madam! :D

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Cahaun
01-06-2012, 08:51 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/4257584e-8e7f-6bdb.jpg

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D
Photobucket said no :(

Deathpunch
01-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Photobucket said no :(

Stupid photobucket!

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Kahlua
01-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. I'm very proud if you, madam! :D

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/096/044/trollface.jpg?1296494117

Deathpunch
01-06-2012, 09:23 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/096/044/trollface.jpg?1296494117

http://img.tapatalk.com/4257584e-acb8-8d6e.jpg

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Deathpunch
01-07-2012, 12:57 AM
Who won?

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Cahaun
01-07-2012, 02:33 AM
Who won?

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D
That's what I'm wondering.

Hinata
01-07-2012, 03:50 AM
so who won?

Hello! Technically, if you guys had only taken notice to the very first post, you would have seen this: 'Deadline....6 January....GMT+ 11:00, which means if you are in an area of GMT -5, you would have to add 16 hours to know that 6 January GMT+ 11 will occur at the same time as 5 January GMT -5.

No one posted an entry on the deadline! 8[]
And I asked a simple thing on Deathpunch's entry to be valid, a lovely, fr- .. fairy signature.

but since I am reading a manga right now, which makes me so happy >:[

I'll announce the winners!!!! xD

please watch out for it in about less than an hour

Hinata
01-07-2012, 04:13 AM
Pardon me, I will commit a crime of double posting

Winners have been announced on the first post! Check it out >:[)

To the winners, please add me in game, Hinata 8[)

I will also message yous in this forum, so please check your inbox in a while, after I post this one

yosh, this is the end 8[] so sad

Cahaun
01-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Woot! This was a fun contest! I can't seem to find you ingame though. Can you pm me when you usually are? (I can't use the pm system very good on the app)

Kahlua
01-07-2012, 11:47 AM
ooooo cool :D Thank you :)

I'll message you later, I have to go to work shortly :(

Cahaun
01-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Hey Hinata what's your main toon' IGN?
(I love your sig lol)

Ariiu-chan
01-07-2012, 07:04 PM
*cries* If only I found this post days ago, I was gonna enter :/

Hinata
01-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Woot! This was a fun contest! I can't seem to find you ingame though. Can you pm me when you usually are? (I can't use the pm system very good on the app)

Yosh! I added you in my main and in my alt :[) my alt will be the one giving the prizes, ye

ooooo cool :D Thank you :)

I'll message you later, I have to go to work shortly :(

No worries xD I'll wait for your message :[)

Hey Hinata what's your main toon' IGN?
(I love your sig lol)

Main is Hinata, ahaha 8[) but my alt will be your contact for the prize :[)
My sig? ty! xD

*cries* If only I found this post days ago, I was gonna enter :/

I experienced that as well when I was new in this forum <:0
Don't worry, there will be more opportunities in the future ;[)
Smile! :[)