PDA

View Full Version : So, what are we going to do..

Susanne
11-02-2019, 02:51 AM
When we log in what's the point? I've seen less and then less players online. The gap from level 50 to 76 is far too wide, the Vardan map is like a ghost town, people are reduced to visiting Festerfang to relieve their boredom in between waiting for the daily grind of dailies.
Meanwhile, those of us who are capped and don't PvP are arguing about level 76 weapons we don't need because for some unknown reason, we still farm Maus. Oh yes, silly me, we farm Maus because that's the only remotely interesting place left for us.
Some of us still help the lower levels, give them pets, get them through their dailies knowing full well that they'll get bored and leave before they have capped.
Yes, we do have many events but why?
I just want to finish this by asking someone, what's happening?

picklewickles
11-02-2019, 03:43 AM
When we log in what's the point? I've seen less and then less players online. The gap from level 50 to 76 is far too wide, the Vardan map is like a ghost town, people are reduced to visiting Festerfang to relieve their boredom in between waiting for the daily grind of dailies.
Meanwhile, those of us who are capped and don't PvP are arguing about level 76 weapons we don't need because for some unknown reason, we still farm Maus. Oh yes, silly me, we farm Maus because that's the only remotely interesting place left for us.
Some of us still help the lower levels, give them pets, get them through their dailies knowing full well that they'll get bored and leave before they have capped.
I just want to finish this by asking someone, what's happening?We are getting a lot of events to fight the boredom and mausoleum has the best gold loot even if you have no gl you can farm coffers and also festerfang and valley are just boring af every expansion is getting worse which made me decide i only play this game for events

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk

f33ling
11-02-2019, 03:43 AM
Ignorance:
Devs are ignorant and acting childish,few people cried that Ursoth bosses were easy so they overbuff current bosses,and they are even proud of doing that like they did something good.....
Greediness:
Rich players becoming even richer and most of them are capable of doing whatever it takes to get even more gold while poorer players are getting poorer
Toxicity:
Interesting word that i chose right?Some of you will tt me saying i am same but i am just giving you facts.Community is getting worse and worse and seeing how many people just start talking sh*t if you say any true fact why would someone new even come in game....

Laziness:
This one is for devs too...Ban me if you want but i am just trying to say some facts....How do you screw up every single major update and every single event.I cant understand that,i simply cant.....Just test it by yourself and some amount of people before you put it into game...
These are key words for me that are killing this game.

Gamegrog
11-02-2019, 04:24 AM
I just want to finish this by asking someone, what's happening?U have got a point there
Kinda makes me wonder that why I play this game itself.
I mean all I do is gold farming and nothing else.
Maps are boring idk y honestly.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Lim Weibin
11-02-2019, 05:30 AM
Guess I only play this game because of the friendships I have in the game, that’s all I guess.

Silentkill
11-02-2019, 06:07 AM
I cant add anything to this, Susie, other than the fact that sts signed their own death with this expansion (not immediately but its coming slowly and people start realizing it now), heck when I go to Vardan Valley Towne there are like 2-3 people in the town!

This expansion was their last chance to revive AL, in my friend list are 200 people and a lot of them only join back to the game on the release date of a new expansion to see if its worth playing again, and all of them quit again after the 1st day and it says Last online 2 months ago etc.

Game is not in a good state, Sts didn’t take the chance to make a good expansion and so they are getting what they deserve, this sounds harsh but is true nonetheless

I can bet that 80% of player activity is solely because they come online 10 minutes to chat with friends/guildies. Theres nothing to do tbh

Axel_crx
11-02-2019, 08:03 AM
It's been a dead game lol

gilsooon
11-02-2019, 08:34 AM
stop whining guys and be thankful. Sts have been doing awesome job and they are working hard to bring us more. Learn to appreciate and be thankful of them because as far as i have ventured i cant see another game as great as this.

picklewickles
11-02-2019, 08:41 AM
stop whining guys and be thankful. Sts have been doing awesome job and they are working hard to bring us more. Learn to appreciate and be thankful of them because as far as i have ventured i cant see another game as great as this.It's very nice of sts that they brought us a new map but its pointless to play so is festerfang i am thankful that they are trying but its just not working
Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk

Gamegrog
11-02-2019, 08:41 AM
stop whining guys and be thankful. Sts have been doing awesome job and they are working hard to bring us more. Learn to appreciate and be thankful of them because as far as i have ventured i cant see another game as great as this.This is also true
Honestly never seen a game like arcane legends
It's finely tuned graphics and it'd different than other mmo rpg games.
Wish this game hit big like coc,pubg...ect

shadowronn
11-02-2019, 08:45 AM
probably an event like "expansions 51-76 are cancelled"(millennial language) and so we are all sent back to the 36 expansion time and STS can fix what the apparently did wrong. I guess they kinda did this with hardcore mode.

Susanne
11-02-2019, 09:14 AM
stop whining guys and be thankful. Sts have been doing awesome job and they are working hard to bring us more. Learn to appreciate and be thankful of them because as far as i have ventured i cant see another game as great as this.

Yes I have always said this about AL and that's why it's so disheartening to see how much it's changed.
People are just coming online to play events and who can blame them?
I still log in everyday to chat or maybe help a few guild members but I'm not finding it immersive. What do you do when you log in? Please tell me. What can you buy with tokens? Where do you go? There's nothing to farm but gold in Maus. No eggs drop, no gear worth mentioning. I have seen capped players farming elite chests in Nordr for goodness sake just for something to do.
The thrill of looting something valuable has long gone. It's all about crafting now and events.
In between events we used to farm eggs, gear and crates.
I know one thing, I'm in the majority because I've seen what people are saying in-game and I'm not whining and neither are the people who say the same. I'm just asking one thing, what is going to happen?

gilsooon
11-02-2019, 09:18 AM
yes, i believe this game needed a break by way of having commercials etc..

gilsooon
11-02-2019, 09:25 AM
indeed true that the thrill of the game has been eased, hoping for sts to appease us by having some more of grinding spots. Like how we grind planar arena before.

Fearrr
11-02-2019, 10:46 AM
Maybe putting Lvl 76 Mythic Weps in Vendor will make the maps more active.

Verbie
11-02-2019, 11:51 AM
Maybe it's time to take a break if you're not having fun or enjoying what's happening in game right now. I'm not saying that in a malicious way, but it doesn't make sense to keep doing something you're not happy with. For what it's worth I do agree there isn't as much to do as we've had in the past.
In addition to this I've also noted the following:

-Multiple currencies for items no longer wanted. Maybe these could be used for something else in game i.e. 100 story coins for 10 ankhs. Just an example.
-Elite Golden chest removed from Arena.
-Arena has not been updated in years with any of the newer bosses.
-Crate token vendors with older gear that has been nerfed.
-Farmable elite legendary gears removed as the number of maps have been reduced. Remember Architect, Magma items and Entombed hammer?
-Farmable eggs, with the exception of Nekro, are not worth farming.
-Crates removed from Km3 and Nordr. *This was partially the communities fault so this may be a moot point.
-Craftable gear that can't be upgraded. I remember the anger when many found out the Glintstone set would not apply in the next expansion given the amount of farming it took to craft.
-Non tradeable items. I've played more Rpgs than I care to mention but I've rarely seen items farmed or earned restricted.
-The reduction of maps from 5 to 3 to 1. Even if the map is Rng it's still the same map. It just feels like busy work, I know rpgs are a grind but atleast switching maps took out the monotony.

With that in mind ALOT of good changes were made I'm sure I don't have to list. However, the new editions with the older style of the game would easily make this a homerun as there was something for everyone. Plat buyers can open crates, Free players can farm and save gold for gear, and anyone that did not want to farm crates could farm eggs and legendary gear.

Gamegrog
11-02-2019, 12:44 PM
Sts clearly did a mistake by introducing gold loot system to the game as it will bring huge inbalance in the Al economy.luck is useless now a days

|Ares|
11-02-2019, 01:39 PM
I remember the good times when u all actually counted for was a nice lucky reroll on elite map grinded for 25 minutes, not just brainless running ESG to kill boss, grab gold and leave...

Verbie
11-02-2019, 01:44 PM
Sts clearly did a mistake by introducing gold loot system to the game as it will bring huge inbalance in the Al economy.luck is useless now a days

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using TapatalkIncorrect. In fact if it wasn't for gold loot many players would not be able to keep playing as there are not many items to be farmed of value.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Alexios
11-02-2019, 01:49 PM
Nothing.
It is just a video game. Enjoy the game for what it is, if you are not enjoying it then you should try a new game. Its about having fun and being happy.
Stop worrying about things you cant control. Make new friends if the old ones are off, sooner or later everyone will go offline :)

PS: Its not only AL the whole mobile mmo market is kinda down, Battle royal/MOBA and Looter Shooter games are trending and they make more profit for studios because they are cheap to develop with same long term revenue potential.

All sts games are free with no restrictions or VIP system, the only reason AL is surviving is the year full of different events. So its natural for devs to spend more time on events than other things so cut them some slack.

Gamegrog
11-02-2019, 01:51 PM
Incorrect. In fact if it wasn't for gold loot many players would not be able to keep playing as there are not many items to be farmed of value.

Sent from my SM-N975U using TapatalkDude crate farming is good ryt I mean when there was crate farming then gold inflation was a rare case but due to gold farming it's kinda common.
Crate is a valuable thing to farm ryt.?
As kryptx said everyone gets gold the buyers and also the sellers.
And please it's really boring to farm gold coz idk the feel or the vibe which we get when a crate reroll on your screen that's heavenly imo.
:)
But hey it's ok for me coz I'm happy as long as the game and my old frnds are playing

Verbie
11-02-2019, 02:36 PM
Dude crate farming is good ryt I mean when there was crate farming then gold inflation was a rare case but due to gold farming it's kinda common.
Crate is a valuable thing to farm ryt.?
As kryptx said everyone gets gold the buyers and also the sellers.
And please it's really boring to farm gold coz idk the feel or the vibe which we get when a crate reroll on your screen that's heavenly imo.
:)
But hey it's ok for me coz I'm happy as long as the game and my old frnds are playing

Nothing I said indicated gold farming is exciting. But without it non-plat buyers don't have much choice.

Gamegrog
11-02-2019, 02:37 PM
Nothing I said indicated gold farming is exciting. But without it non-plat buyers don't have much choice.

Sent from my SM-N975U using TapatalkTrue

Tackled
11-02-2019, 03:06 PM
I’m not going to lie bro I log on sell a couple things. Talk to friends and that’s it. If I had no friends there wouldn’t be no other reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THE GOLDEN KING
11-02-2019, 03:45 PM
It’s not too late for STS to fix everything! All they got to do is;
-make a new server,
-make cap level 36 :3,
-make a new expansion every 2 years,
-keep the same events we got right now, -never introduce Awakening system,
-keep pet slots, key buffs,
-get rid of jewels,
-keep Blood/Fire/Glacial gems
-for each major event add new mythic items
-for every expansion add 1 new arcane item.

AL has been alive for about 7 years now? JustG himself didn’t expect the game to go this far.

I’m still curious why STS doesn’t take our expansion ideas? “Space Theme, Underwater Theme, etc..”

Gold Loot changed up the market a lot, awakes destroyed PvP, I got to give it to sts though, the events this year have been a really good job compared to the past 2 years. Really looking forward for this upcoming WINTER event!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perceval
11-02-2019, 04:02 PM
Surprised it took you all this long to figure out what some of us have been saying for a while now.

Sigh

Lethoiun
11-02-2019, 04:39 PM
Surprised it took you all this long to figure out what some of us have been saying for a while now.

Sigh

We all known for years, no one is late.

Silentkill
11-02-2019, 04:42 PM

Sigh

Its because we had faith in a game we once loved. But the faith is dwindling, and many start losing hope

Fearrr
11-02-2019, 06:29 PM
The only way IMO to turn this Expansion around regarding new maps/town activity is Sts is going to have to make a drastic change to some things:

1. Add Mythic Weps and Gear to Varden Valley Vendor. Add a long questline that you can eventually craft the Mythics to their Arcane counterparts. Get rid of putting new Arc Weps/Gear in crates. I would suggest Mythic/Set gear only. Arc Weps/ Gear are obtainable only through crafting from their Mythic versions. The materials needed( Every map will have something needed overall to Craft Arc Weps/Gear)to craft these items are obtainable through grinding and farming new maps(Drastic I know but will give a big reason and motivation for people to run new maps from here on out). Instead of waiting for Christmas to release the rest of the Arcane Weps/Gear put this idea into action ASAP.
2. Make a Elite Map version of Mogera Lair(Where all classes are needed) where Bosses have good drops...Set Bonus items,Eggs, etc.
3. Nerf the Gold Drops in ESG and Maus to the point where running these maps is no longer profitable. Increase Gold drops in new maps. Add Gold Chests to Vendor similar to what they did in Maus Expansion. The only way to get gold farmers out of those old maps is to kill the gold in those maps. Where the only option is to run the new maps for profit.

I'm sure others can add to this with ideas. But this would be a big start of turning things around Expansion Wise. Just some thoughts.

Verbie
11-02-2019, 07:39 PM

SighOn the contrary, countless threads may not be being made but it has been a topic for quite some time.

At some point someone will have to address the elephant in the room.

Stephencobear
11-02-2019, 08:18 PM
What are you going to do? Idk

Here's a bit of my current goals;
Work on making my 71 war & rogue, and second Mage endgame & gain experience of all classes & spend as little as possible.
Finding more ways to make my twinks effective event runners, or money makers (like when I used to farm victus).
Level spirit staff (yes bad stats but I want the proc for some events).
Jewel farm for alts/make X amount of money.
Level particular pet.
Being that I work I have less time to constantly find the best ways to leverage my time vs profit (or time vs fun).

Past goals reached/maintained;
Make an endgame off all classes.
Work on whatever boring apps for I needed for whatever guild needed to meet requirements, or personal kdr preference.
Have precise jewels in all slots.
Attain certain pet/certain stats/X amount of gold, collect still effective old gear, work on house (don't judge lol).
Achieve whatever in hc mode before I remember it's pointless if not oft fun.
Switched from pl where I was super rich to start over in al.

That said, some of your points are spot on imho such as
Old maps should not be more relevant than current ones- Ever!!!!!!!
Despite the fact that so many new pieces of equipment have been introduced, none are needed more than the last expansions best in slot ( those are more than enough for new maps)

Another valid point is that farming for anything good is a thing of the past and most just gold farm to chase after the plat whales who can pop crates for good gear to sell us normal ppl ( no hate on them).

I lost the ability to thank threads somehow but I agree with both Verbie and Fearrr & Perceval on many points, also ty Susie.

Silentkill
11-03-2019, 01:28 AM
I read some good points here... and Im afraid even now STS is not going to implement any of these...
Just make a new Elite Map and let it drop Set Items or Mythic Items (ffs not cratfable this game is all about crafting we want to loot the item right away, we want to see that yellow or orange shiny thing on the ground and type in guildchat or partychat “Wooot lootet xy item, finally!!!”

That’s what we want.

Ps: Bring back PvP leaderboards if you want more activity in the game also.
Who cares nowadays if people are dummy farming? People are dummy farming now all the time too because of APS and that also affects GUILD leaderboard.

PvP brings Drama, but Drama brings activity and life to a game.

Vvildfire
11-03-2019, 02:01 AM
What are you going to do? Idk

Here's a bit of my current goals;
Work on making my 71 war & rogue, and second Mage endgame & gain experience of all classes & spend as little as possible.
Finding more ways to make my twinks effective event runners, or money makers (like when I used to farm victus).
Level spirit staff (yes bad stats but I want the proc for some events).
Jewel farm for alts/make X amount of money.
Level particular pet.
Being that I work I have less time to constantly find the best ways to leverage my time vs profit (or time vs fun).

Past goals reached/maintained;
Make an endgame off all classes.
Work on whatever boring apps for I needed for whatever guild needed to meet requirements, or personal kdr preference.
Have precise jewels in all slots.
Attain certain pet/certain stats/X amount of gold, collect still effective old gear, work on house (don't judge lol).
Achieve whatever in hc mode before I remember it's pointless if not oft fun.
Switched from pl where I was super rich to start over in al.

That said, some of your points are spot on imho such as
Old maps should not be more relevant than current ones- Ever!!!!!!!
Despite the fact that so many new pieces of equipment have been introduced, none are needed more than the last expansions best in slot ( those are more than enough for new maps)

Another valid point is that farming for anything good is a thing of the past and most just gold farm to chase after the plat whales who can pop crates for good gear to sell us normal ppl ( no hate on them).

I lost the ability to thank threads somehow but I agree with both Verbie and Fearrr & Perceval on many points, also ty Susie.

I also have toons (hc and non) to level and a bunch of jewel elixirs to use up. I also want to hit some pve kills goals!
Because I have other toons to level, I can help guildies run dailies and get some work done at the same time! Win-win
I'm still not well geared so I'll work towards that: I have some gear I want to buy.
I'm still missing Dorlyn and Arbuketh trophies (I really like Fester maps), then I'll decorate my home.
I'd like to farm puzzleboxes every once in a while and hope to loot a Kershal.
I run ESG and farm elite gold chests. Sometimes Hydra and Orrick when my guildmates farm them, so maybe I can get those arcane items.
I like to run Skull Dozer sometimes too.
I still have some of my "mannequins" (inactive toons) to dress up with pretty vanities.
I still have to get my Altar Guardian achievement, but again I need good gear. I want to find out what people mean when they say "Boogie is in Deep Marsh".
I want to eventually work on my elite boss/mobs achievements. I'm only 100 aps away from Prestigious!
I want to unlock Maus 5 and 6, and finally fight Corvis and Voriyana, but I need good gear.
I'm 1 pet away from the 150 pets achievement, waiting for the next event pet.
I want to someday max out my Stash so I can also complain about the gold cap :D
Learn!!!! Merch!!!!!!
I'm currently playing another game to get its plat offer.
Because of that plat offer and events lately I have hardly done any of the above :(

I think you have to be maxed out to be bored bored.

Silentkill
11-03-2019, 02:24 AM
I also have toons (hc and non) to level and a bunch of jewel elixirs to use up. I also want to hit some pve kills goals!
Because I have other toons to level, I can help guildies run dailies and get some work done at the same time! Win-win
I'm still not well geared so I'll work towards that: I have some gear I want to buy.
I'm still missing Dorlyn and Arbuketh trophies (I really like Fester maps), then I'll decorate my home.
I'd like to farm puzzleboxes every once in a while and hope to loot a Kershal.
I run ESG and farm elite gold chests. Sometimes Hydra and Orrick when my guildmates farm them, so maybe I can get those arcane items.
I like to run Skull Dozer sometimes too.
I still have some of my "mannequins" (inactive toons) to dress up with pretty vanities.
I still have to get my Altar Guardian achievement, but again I need good gear. I want to find out what people mean when they say "Boogie is in Deep Marsh".
I want to eventually work on my elite boss/mobs achievements. I'm only 100 aps away from Prestigious!
I want to unlock Maus 5 and 6, and finally fight Corvis and Voriyana, but I need good gear.
I'm 1 pet away from the 150 pets achievement, waiting for the next event pet.
I want to someday max out my Stash so I can also complain about the gold cap :D
Learn!!!! Merch!!!!!!
I'm currently playing another game to get its plat offer.
Because of that plat offer and events lately I have hardly done any of the above :(

I think you have to be maxed out to be bored bored.

Best example what we are talking about.
Literally every point you mentioned does not include new maps, but old maps.

There are APS to grind, yes, and? Not all of us are interested in running old 2014 maps 1000x times to get 1k or 10k specific elite kills.

New content should always be the focus in a game. So please, don’t act like there is tons of stuff to do, when there is not. Thank you and have a nice day.

Edit: Just saw you finally want to unlock Maus 5 and 6... but why is that... because this our only viable place to farm for gold, for years.

Remove gold loot from the game and go back to the old style where we loot actual items, because this is what these type of games are all about.

gilsooon
11-03-2019, 02:39 AM
Yes yes, this game is a huge potential. Hoping sts to hear and implement our clamors. I agree with...
1. Bringing pvp lb again with this would give life to pvp.
2. Having spots like planar arena we want looting not crafting, the exuberant feeling of looting one :).
3. I suggest bringing back farming locks to jarl and km3 by this way new players can earn faster.
Thats all for me XD. Anyway sts is doing great job I believe they can revamped al.

jasonn112
11-03-2019, 02:58 AM
Farming gold to spend gold on efficiently farm more gold. The cycle of AL

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Silentkill
11-03-2019, 03:23 AM
Yes yes, this game is a huge potential. Hoping sts to hear and implement our clamors. I agree with...
1. Bringing pvp lb again with this would give life to pvp.
2. Having spots like planar arena we want looting not crafting, the exuberant feeling of looting one :).
3. I suggest bringing back farming locks to jarl and km3 by this way new players can earn faster.
Thats all for me XD. Anyway sts is doing great job I believe they can revamped al.

Yeah bud. I explain to StS why looting items is better than farming gold:

What is the difference between farming gold, crafting items (no hate on crafting but too much is too much) and directly looting items from a big mob or a boss?

When we loot an item we desperately want and are hoping for to shine up on the ground, or in our chatbox as of “You received Arcane Gauntlets of xyxyxyxy”, we are releasing endorphins, the happiness hormones. As the hormones name is indicating, endorphins give us that Happy feeling and happy feeling = happy people = happy game = happy STS

Now do I not say to make it easy to loot specific item or the endorphin-release will be gone too.
Make it hard, but make it worth our while.

Note to the players who might say if you don’t like the game then don’t play it: You might have joined the game in 2018 or 2017 and therefore dont know how great AL was in 2014,2015,2016
I dont say the game is bad, but the game was much better before and it kills some of us because we know with some actual SIMPLE adjustments to the game, the game could be revived again, and it wouldnt even take too much effort, the only thing thats requires is LISTENING TO THE COMMUNITY, because the community plays the game, not the devs, and we are their customers and therefore they should listen to us.

Thanks for reading

Vvildfire
11-03-2019, 03:24 AM
Best example what we are talking about.
Literally every point you mentioned does not include new maps, but old maps.

You're right, I'm not running the Vardan maps much except for Skull Dozer.
I'm running Fester maps still, they're fairly new to me. I came back in August.

There are APS to grind, yes, and? Not all of us are interested in running old 2014 maps 1000x times to get 1k or 10k specific elite kills.

Hey that's just one point I had.

New content should always be the focus in a game. So please, don’t act like there is tons of stuff to do, when there is not.

At the same time people complain that old maps are dead...

Just saw you finally want to unlock Maus 5 and 6... but why is that... because this our only viable place to farm for gold, for years.

No, I want to unlock Maus 5-6 to get the Corvis and Voriyana aps and then never look back again. I hated this expansion, it's the one I liked the least, I quit during Somber, even though most loved it.

Fearrr
11-03-2019, 03:38 AM
I read some good points here... and Im afraid even now STS is not going to implement any of these...
Just make a new Elite Map and let it drop Set Items or Mythic Items (ffs not cratfable this game is all about crafting we want to loot the item right away, we want to see that yellow or orange shiny thing on the ground and type in guildchat or partychat “Wooot lootet xy item, finally!!!”

That’s what we want.

Who cares nowadays if people are dummy farming? People are dummy farming now all the time too because of APS and that also affects GUILD leaderboard.

PvP brings Drama, but Drama brings activity and life to a game.

This game is all about crafting? The current state of this game is about who is spending the most RL money! If what you say is what most of the community wants then so be it. I pay close attention to what people say on here...and so many complain about the Gap between P2W V.s F2P. I just gave you all the formula to thin that Gap. And keep in mind I'm not some GL farmer lol...My total Plat Spent is over 240K.

I said what I wanted to say in here, and it came from a perspective where spending the most RL Money does not mattter but bringing back Old School MMORPG farming and grinding. I respect all opinions and thoughts in here...Hopefully things will change in the future for to keep this game thriving.

Silentkill
11-03-2019, 03:46 AM
This game is all about craftable? The current state of this game is about who is spending the most RL money! If what you say is what most of the community wants then so be it. I pay close attention to what people say on here...and so many complain about the Gap between P2W V.s P2P. I just gave you all the formula to thin that Gap. And keep in mind I'm not some GL farmer lol...My total Plat Spent is over 240K.

I said what I wanted to say in here, and it came from a perspective where spending the most RL Money does not mattter but bringing back Old School MMORPG farming and grinding. I respect all opinions and thoughts in here...Hopefully things will change in the future for to keep this game thriving.

Yeah I agree, I’m not saying to completely remove crafting from the game its a good feature, but STS focused too much on it. Egg-Zavier Event is so popular because 1) of course does it bring a lot of profit but most importantly 2) you loot the item directly, no waiting for completion, no crafting, good feelings when looting it.

Edit: Lemme bring this screenshot here STS and keep in mind that this is already well populated for Vardan Valley Towne, most of the times Im alone here lol.

Thewolfbull
11-03-2019, 06:44 AM
The game is at a bad place right now, too much focus on near constant events that are pretty much the same as every year and not on the main game. No good maps for endgame people to play since level 61 cap, Expansion isn't worth playing, Tank class is not needed because all new maps that come out are to easy if you're above average gear, nothing good to buy in new town other than vanities that give nothing but looks. PvP empty mostly. I'm waiting for new elites to come but I will not keep my hopes up that it will be good as I have before.

Risinglegendx
11-03-2019, 06:50 AM
Nothing.
It is just a video game. Enjoy the game for what it is, if you are not enjoying it then you should try a new game. Its about having fun and being happy.
Stop worrying about things you cant control. Make new friends if the old ones are off, sooner or later everyone will go offline :)

PS: Its not only AL the whole mobile mmo market is kinda down, Battle royal/MOBA and Looter Shooter games are trending and they make more profit for studios because they are cheap to develop with same long term revenue potential.

All sts games are free with no restrictions or VIP system, the only reason AL is surviving is the year full of different events. So its natural for devs to spend more time on events than other things so cut them some slack.Listen, I love the developers, but slack is one thing they have buckets of. The last like 4 expansions have been gradually getting worse and worse, the ideas are in front of them, its just ignored, not throwing any hate at Cinco, but he has not been online for 100+ days unless he is playing a new character. I have lost amazing friends because of the decline of this game, we asked, they gave us something, but recolored that something for us to buy. I get it, money keeps the game afloat, but money is not a thing if you do not have the community to back it up. Countless threads I have made, "Add something farmable like crates, put arcanes in regular locks, better experiences for new players." ( I am the reason Justg requested a new player feedback thread in the form of a sticky thread.) I do not know what to do anymore, and for once I feel like its a lost cause, Now, I look for this reply to get deleted because its the truth, sorry if I put harshly, Love you developers, but I think its time for me to try a new game.

Sent from my SM-S757BL using Tapatalk

Inu
11-03-2019, 12:39 PM

Sad game lyfe

capeo
11-03-2019, 12:59 PM
I think the best thing they can do is make older maps relevant again. Add questlines that require things from older maps. Make all maps scale to the level of the people in it similar to maus. Can be ingredient or materials for items or vanities. Aps would be more impressive if all maps scaled. They have a ton of content already just waiting to be used again. For the right reward people would run the older maps.

Add more ways to get items similar to the first arcane artifact. We could grind or pay to get it. More loot should be drops not just farmed or in locked. I dont see why everything in game can't be a drop. People will try and get lucky. Make it possible to farm with luck, grind for tokens and just out right buy new gears.

Make all these maps that have timers go away. If the portals to deep and valley are closed i have nowhere to farm.

Just my 2 cents

Perceval
11-03-2019, 01:52 PM
As harsh as this sounds (and I really do hate sounding harsh) the honest truth is the devs have been picking suggestions from players that only benefit the game on the short term. Long term beneficial suggestions have simply been ignored.

If I'm wrong the game wouldn't be in its current state. It's not like there have been a lack of suggestions from players.

Player suggestions for AL have been out of this world for years now. What I don't see is a out of this world game.

arcanefid
11-03-2019, 02:20 PM
I log in to chat with guildies and for events, hit gold/plat tier, get some vanities and log off until next event. The idea is that when AL becomes good again, I can come and use those vanities to look cool.

I honestly don’t understand why Gold Loot exists. It has made everything else useless. And even worse, the best place to use gold loot is a 4-5 year old map. There’s no reason to play new maps. Just grind ESG and buy stuff people loot from locks. At this rate we don’t need new maps, just raise the level cap and make new items for that level.

Silentkill
11-03-2019, 02:31 PM
I log in to chat with guildies and for events, hit gold/plat tier, get some vanities and log off until next event. The idea is that when AL becomes good again, I can come and use those vanities to look cool.

I honestly don’t understand why Gold Loot exists. It has made everything else useless. And even worse, the best place to use gold loot is a 4-5 year old map. There’s no reason to play new maps. Just grind ESG and buy stuff people loot from locks. At this rate we don’t need new maps, just raise the level cap and make new items for that level.

Totally agreed

jasonn112
11-03-2019, 02:34 PM

I honestly don’t understand why Gold Loot exists. It has made everything else useless. And even worse, the best place to use gold loot is a 4-5 year old map. There’s no reason to play new maps. Just grind ESG and buy stuff people loot from locks. At this rate we don’t need new maps, just raise the level cap and make new items for that level.Yes! And rising lvl cap = more player damage = more efficient gold farm, clearing the map in less time = Inflation, because it is super easy to earn gold.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Allset
11-03-2019, 03:13 PM
This is the End Game!!!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191103/2e7504fed8568e7823036465932cbc0f.jpg
But yea it can be boring. I hate when I feel that way because this game takes up so much of my time & not in a bad way. I have done a lot of things that are way worse then spend time in a MMO. XD

Rogue[emoji1655]

Pinklips
11-03-2019, 04:12 PM
Yeah I agree they should have included some maps, where we could loot some good/expensive/rare items.. Make the item drop rate very rare, but it should have dropped something.. The excitement of looting something good would have made people run those maps a lot..Or maybe a new map, where we could farm some gold instead of the same old mausoleum and Elite southern gates.. But unfortunately this didn't happen.. But still they can add something good in the new vardan valley token vendor.. Maybe an arcane artifact or a good expensive gear for 10/20k tokens.. That would make people run the maps.

Now coming to some positive points..
I personally don't farm maps bcos I'm quite busy in real life but I used to farm earlier and it was really fun, specially maus..Although I am busy now, I still manage time to play all the events bcos it's really fun.. One more good thing about Al is that recently it improved a lot regarding the events.. I have personally seen a lot of new players coming up and leveling to 76 in 2019 more, compared to 2018.. It's bcos of the new events, which allowed them to earn good gold and stuff.. In order to make this game more popular, the new players should be encouraged more.. Sts did a great job by adding new events which attracted the new players and the events are the reason why this game is still doing good.. Eggzavier and pirate booty were the craziest events. I saw 95% of people in my friend list online during those events.. Even many old players returned.. Even some of my old friends who quited , returned now and they have started again and the reason is the new events.

So overall, I would say that AL is a great game.. I have never seen a game like AL.. it's not only a game, it's like a small world like real life.. Yes maybe it's not very popular like the Moba games, but it's still doing pretty good. Devs have been listening to the players suggestions and request, which is a great thing.. Now all they need to do is to act on some of the player's suggestion above as to how to make the new maps playable.. How to make more players play and enjoy the game, even when there are no events.. And the most important thing is to add more ways to attract and encourage the new players to earn decent gold and items( which the Devs have been doing already by adding new events) but I hope something more will be added apart from events. Long live Al

srazman
11-03-2019, 09:16 PM
How about making a fused@combining weapon system to make it more powerful than its original stats (maybe not much just a little or a new proc like spirit weapon example). Rare, epic, legendry weapon can be farm and use again and again. Player will run old maps again. It is base on luck if no luck your weapon might break and useless unless repaired using specific needed items. Maybe combined epic weapon did not have a good high-end stats but from proc wise it is op (from combining awake luck, TB proc as an example). Yes, you can combine arcane weapon but the cost will hurt you so bad :) and please do pop-up the platinum's crates. Early note, you will lose all you awakening stats (gems awakening) if decide to combine awaken, you need to re-do the gems awaken. I hope u get the idea. This idea is mainly to make all the old maps alive again. Maybe the are ways to recycle all the looted chest opened items. Nobody cares about the common, rare, epic and legendary items for so long. Thank you.

Risinglegendx
11-03-2019, 09:31 PM
How about making a fused@combining weapon system to make it more powerful than its original stats (maybe not much just a little or a new proc like spirit weapon example). Rare, epic, legendry weapon can be farm and use again and again. Player will run old maps again. It is base on luck if no luck your weapon might break and useless unless repaired using specific needed items. Maybe combined epic weapon did not have a good high-end stats but from proc wise it is op (from combining awake luck, TB proc as an example). Yes, you can combine arcane weapon but the cost will hurt you so bad :) and please do pop-up the platinum's crates. Early note, you will lose all you awakening stats (gems awakening) if decide to combine awaken, you need to re-do the gems awaken. I hope u get the idea. This idea is mainly to make all the old maps alive again. Maybe the are ways to recycle all the looted chest opened items. Nobody cares about the common, rare, epic and legendary items for so long. Thank you.Making stats more powerful are not what is going to fix the game, its making it worse, it makes maps faster to clear, making inflation even worse. The real problem here is gold loot, nobody wants to say it because they do not want to get flamed by the fanboys who love it, gold loot ruined the game, and will ultimately be the end of it, if it gets removed, the whole fan base quits because there is nothing left, if it stays, inflation skyrockets, (even more) and the gold cap gets increased because a deary costs 99m.

Kairihearts
11-03-2019, 10:12 PM
I wonder if a Dev has even bothered to read or take interest in this thread

That's really the main thing I won't bore you guys to death with my explanation of how the game is dying etc as that seems to have been clearly covered already :)

Silentkill
11-03-2019, 11:34 PM

That's really the main thing I won't bore you guys to death with my explanation of how the game is dying etc as that seems to have been clearly covered already :)

They probably didnt read yet because it was weekend

Lim Weibin
11-03-2019, 11:55 PM

Agree with this 100%, don’t know why devs even made the Good Loot awaken exist and it literally killed every price for majority of the items.

Overgrown
11-04-2019, 02:29 AM
Maybe it's time to take a break if you're not having fun or enjoying what's happening in game right now. I'm not saying that in a malicious way, but it doesn't make sense to keep doing something you're not happy with. For what it's worth I do agree there isn't as much to do as we've had in the past.
In addition to this I've also noted the following:

-Multiple currencies for items no longer wanted. Maybe these could be used for something else in game i.e. 100 story coins for 10 ankhs. Just an example.
-Elite Golden chest removed from Arena.
-Arena has not been updated in years with any of the newer bosses.
-Crate token vendors with older gear that has been nerfed.
-Farmable elite legendary gears removed as the number of maps have been reduced. Remember Architect, Magma items and Entombed hammer?
-Farmable eggs, with the exception of Nekro, are not worth farming.
-Crates removed from Km3 and Nordr. *This was partially the communities fault so this may be a moot point.
-Craftable gear that can't be upgraded. I remember the anger when many found out the Glintstone set would not apply in the next expansion given the amount of farming it took to craft.
-Non tradeable items. I've played more Rpgs than I care to mention but I've rarely seen items farmed or earned restricted.
-The reduction of maps from 5 to 3 to 1. Even if the map is Rng it's still the same map. It just feels like busy work, I know rpgs are a grind but atleast switching maps took out the monotony.

With that in mind ALOT of good changes were made I'm sure I don't have to list. However, the new editions with the older style of the game would easily make this a homerun as there was something for everyone. Plat buyers can open crates, Free players can farm and save gold for gear, and anyone that did not want to farm crates could farm eggs and legendary gear.This is what I have in mind! Maps gone dead and pointless

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk

Overgrown
11-04-2019, 02:36 AM

That’s what we want.

PvP brings Drama, but Drama brings activity and life to a game.Take my +10000000

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk

Bluehazee
11-04-2019, 07:54 AM
Having in mind that its too late to remove gold loot, just update it.

1.- Remove gold drops from elite southern gates INMEDIATILY. Its ridiculous to have a map from 5-6 expansions ago like the most efficient for gold farming. This should be done long ago and honestly i don't understand why stays this way.

2.- Buff gold drops in new maps. STS killing their own work over and over. Like i said before, they keep best gold drops in very old map and nothing worth to farm in new expansions. This can be done in different ways, just one example:

-On greensap farm, buff gold from boss. People actually farming materials and leaving map before kill boss.
-On valley frontier, buff gold drop from boss too.
-On valley gates, add a better reward system based on certain number of waves. Can start with 100 gold per wave and increase it
exponentially, also adding bonus reward every X waves. (btw this map is so easy and boring and should be looked into, probably making
difficulty higher or something more challenging - actually its kill until you die of boredom)
-On mogera lair basically same, the treasure rooms have ridiculous gold drop, mobs and boss same.

For many people there is no point on farm this new maps the way it work atm. Mostly because bloody Elite Southern Gates ridiculous gold drops. If you dont want to take action just because some greedy people gonna cry for few days its your choice, but cancer its expanding and this already took too long @STS

Silentkill
11-04-2019, 08:06 AM
Having in mind that its too late to remove gold loot, just update it.

1.- Remove gold drops from elite southern gates INMEDIATILY. Its ridiculous to have a map from 5-6 expansions ago like the most efficient for gold farming. This should be done long ago and honestly i don't understand why stays this way.

2.- Buff gold drops in new maps. STS killing their own work over and over. Like i said before, they keep best gold drops in very old map and nothing worth to farm in new expansions. This can be done in different ways, just one example:

-On greensap farm, buff gold from boss. People actually farming materials and leaving map before kill boss.
-On valley frontier, buff gold drop from boss too.
-On valley gates, add a better reward system based on certain number of waves. Can start with 100 gold per wave and increase it
exponentially, also adding bonus reward every X waves. (btw this map is so easy and boring and should be looked into, probably making
difficulty higher or something more challenging - actually its kill until you die of boredom)
-On mogera lair basically same, the treasure rooms have ridiculous gold drop, mobs and boss same.

For many people there is no point on farm this new maps the way it work atm. Mostly because bloody Elite Southern Gates ridiculous gold drops. If you dont want to take action just because some greedy people gonna cry for few days its your choice, but cancer its expanding and this already took too long @STS

Yeah totally agree, Elite Southern Gate gold drops has to be nullified. Jk, but jokes aside, just let there be a normal gold drop like every other map. 20gold, thats how it should be in an old map like this.

Silentkill
11-04-2019, 08:10 AM

Just keep the thread active and devs will have to stand up for our questions

Thegoodsir
11-04-2019, 08:21 AM
Nerfing old maps to force people to play new maps is not the way to go, new lesser geared players need a map in which they can build their character from so killing an easy farming map will really only hurt the game in the long run, instead just buff the new maps loot and vendor to make them more desirable to farm.

Switchback
11-04-2019, 08:22 AM
-Dimishing returns on Awakenings

- Class specific Awakenings

-Global nerf on Crit

- adjustment to Aim shot and Windmill( Some Warr skill anyways), to balance out insane Damage gap.

- Super elite maps that drop corresponding loot

- party buff system. 3 class map buff.

- Not a big Pvper but Pvp Leaderboards wouldnt hurt your game.

- class specific set items. Why do you keep all bonuses the same when 2 classes are underpowered? Doesnt make sense at all.

- Repeatable quests in lvl 56+ maps

- Remove Hardcore prerequisite of having a lvl 70(?cant remember).

- increase basic character movement speed. Why make it so painful? Youre making people feel like they are wasting time considering how frustratingly slow you are.

Allow opening of multiple, same type eggs.

- involve your community more. You are allowed to include the people that help make this game more if you have hard choices to make. Gauge your players wants and needs.

- Stay Classy

Would just like to say that a "fix" for AL would have to be systematic, its not just flip a switch like some think.

GL and TY for reading.

Bug
11-04-2019, 08:25 AM
this game is dead. i said what i said

Sent from my SM-A750GN using Tapatalk

Jiarijiba
11-04-2019, 08:48 AM
I just play the events. And while doing that, gradually (and slowly) leveling my main char.

When there is no event ongoing, I just play other games.

And yeah, I miss the good old times, but it is what it is...

Susanne
11-04-2019, 08:54 AM
Nerfing old maps to force people to play new maps is not the way to go, new lesser geared players need a map in which they can build their character from so killing an easy farming map will really only hurt the game in the long run, instead just buff the new maps loot and vendor to make them more desirable to farm.

Yes, I agree. It's not fair on lower levels or poorer players to not be given the chance to loot much needed gold but unfortunately high level players who have plenty take advantage of esg.
It's like being between a rock and a hard place trying to keep everyone happy. I've read all the posts and honestly didn't expect such a response, it's overwhelming and just proves that AL is a much loved game, otherwise people would not have taken the time to post so many good suggestions to keep it alive.
Most players do miss the thrill of looting something worthwhile, maybe that would be a good start, also updating the token vendors as some suggested, story tokens especially.
Being able to farm eggs would be useful to hardcore players too and although I don't PvP, the game would benefit if it was back.
Sorry to have hi-jacked your post.
The first bit was a reply to you, the rest was me rambling on. I'll zip it now. 🤐

Silentkill
11-04-2019, 09:07 AM
Yes, I agree. It's not fair on lower levels or poorer players to not be given the chance to loot much needed gold but unfortunately high level players who have plenty take advantage of esg.
It's like being between a rock and a hard place trying to keep everyone happy. I've read all the posts and honestly didn't expect such a response, it's overwhelming and just proves that AL is a much loved game, otherwise people would not have taken the time to post so many good suggestions to keep it alive.
Most players do miss the thrill of looting something worthwhile, maybe that would be a good start, also updating the token vendors as some suggested, story tokens especially.
Being able to farm eggs would be useful to hardcore players too and although I don't PvP, the game would benefit if it was back.
Sorry to have hi-jacked your post.
The first bit was a reply to you, the rest was me rambling on. I'll zip it now. ��

Good suggestions susie

Bluehazee
11-04-2019, 09:18 AM

I dont know if you ever tried new maps but doesn't seem like, new maps are pretty easy.
We all were newbies and undergeared once and had to grind and work to improve.
If after all you still didn't realize, elite southern gates is killing the game.

Ps : forgot to say in my 1st post, but FYI elite southern gates is being BOTTED by many players, including LB players ofc

Fearrr
11-04-2019, 09:21 AM
And what do you mean exactly by new lesser geared players? New players Lvling or Lvl 76 players who are undergeared and etc? If you meant new players Lvling then just add Gold Chests in those Vendors(Maus already has this). If you mean Lvl 76...The Varden Vally maps are already easy enough. And can be easily turned into a "Easy Farming Map". The reality is Sts needs to hit the Kill Switch on ESG and Maus Gold Drops or nothing will change. Leaving these maps the way they are is what is hurting this game in the long run.

Guess I decided to post again in here lol 😂

Thegoodsir
11-04-2019, 09:37 AM
I dont know if you ever tried new maps but doesn't seem like, new maps are pretty easy.
We all were newbies and undergeared once and had to grind and work to improve.
If after all you still didn't realize, elite southern gates is killing the game.

Ps : forgot to say in my 1st post, but FYI elite southern gates is being BOTTED by many players, including LB players ofcIts not esg that is killing the game.

the game is mostly inactive because the expansion is not what many had hoped for.

Thats whats "killing the game" as you put it.

Thegoodsir
11-04-2019, 09:43 AM
And what do you mean exactly by new lesser geared players? New players Lvling or Lvl 76 players who are undergeared and etc? If you meant new players Lvling then just add Gold Chests in those Vendors(Maus already has this). If you mean Lvl 76...The Varden Vally maps are already easy enough. And can be easily turned into a "Easy Farming Map". The reality is Sts needs to hit the Kill Switch on ESG and Maus Gold Drops or nothing will change. Leaving these maps the way they are is what is hurting this game in the long run.

Guess I decided to post again in here lol [emoji23]Hate the break it to you but we are just players, if there was truly a problem with the gold flow into the economy dont you think the devs would have nerfed it along time ago? Didnt you admit like a week ago that you dont even farm? I could swear that was you..if not my bad.

Fearrr
11-04-2019, 09:54 AM
Hate the break it to you but we are just players, if there was truly a problem with the gold flow into the economy dont you think the devs would have nerfed it along time ago? Didnt you admit like a week ago that you dont even farm? I could swear that was you..if not my bad.

The Devs make mistakes all the time. Why do you think so many players are bringing up this topic of ESG if it wasn't a issue to begin with? I farm and grind for the fun of it, because I naturally enjoy grinding hard. I came from Order and Chaos where that was the fundamental of the game, not using Gold Loot Gear. Do I farm gold with GL Gear no, I'm a Plat Buyer. The only time I have was the last Pirate Booty event, and that was only because I didn't want to be bored during event. I had maybe 300% GL...And didn't make anything.

Thegoodsir
11-04-2019, 10:05 AM
The Devs make mistakes all the time. Why do you think so many players are bringing up this topic of ESG if it wasn't a issue go begin with? I farm and I grind for the fun of it, because I naturally enjoy grinding hard. I came from Order and Chaos where that was the fundamental of the game not using Gold Loot Gear. Do I farm gold with GL Gear no, I'm a Plat Buyer. The only time I have was the last Pirate Booty event that was only because I didn't want to he bored during event. I had maybe 300% GL...And didn't make anything.They bring up esg because they are pretty much clueless as to how to fix the game. If the new maps were desirable to farm...guess what? People would actually go there! No need to bother with old maps when new ones offer better incentives.

I have over 700 friends and when i look at my fl, no one is doing esg lol.

Also i saw only 2 people bring up esg "so many"

Have a nice day :)

Fearrr
11-04-2019, 10:20 AM
They bring up esg because they are pretty much clueless as to how to fix the game. If the new maps were desirable to farm...guess what? People would actually go there! No need to bother with old maps when new ones offer better incentives.

0k with over 700 Friends if they not in ESG where are they then? Maus? And you should go back and reread this entire thread I counted more than 2 people. And there is some who didn't bring it up but agreed with the ones who did. And I'm not sure if your calling me clueless with that remark but my 2nd Post touched on adding better drops and etc to new maps.

Gamegrog
11-04-2019, 11:36 AM
Ok nerfing gold drops from esg or maus doesn't change the problem.tbh I've seen many new players earn gold by farming esg and grinding there.i know that esg is kinda outdated but if the gold drops only in new maps how the new players can earn some gold.and plus be careful for what we ask coz after esg being nerfed pls don't say that the new maps are boring too.i am not being disrespectful but this is the truth.

Silentkill
11-04-2019, 11:57 AM
What about a restriction to enter ESG, the higher the level of the player, the less gold you receive from it. This way new players can still earn gold there

Fearrr
11-04-2019, 12:44 PM
What about a restriction to enter ESG, the higher the level of the player, the less gold you receive from it. This way new players can still earn gold there
A great thought. But a easy way around a Lvl restriction for Gold Farming at that map, is a player making a Twink Gold Farm character.
And tbh how much time does a new player need to be spending Lvl 56-76 Lvling to endgame? A week or two Max? Where the best item drops and gold drops should be(But atm it's not).

illumminati
11-04-2019, 12:58 PM

JustG made a thread asking for ways to improve the game and what we would like to see. There is nothing on this thread thats new to the Devs and hasnt already been discussed

A long list was made of the things we wanted changed and wanted to see. Guess how many of these changes were implemented?

Save yourselves the disappointment is all i can say to you all...

Silentkill
11-04-2019, 03:29 PM
JustG made a thread asking for ways to improve the game and what we would like to see. There is nothing on this thread thats new to the Devs and hasnt already been discussed

A long list was made of the things we wanted changed and wanted to see. Guess how many of these changes were implemented?

Save yourselves the disappointment is all i can say to you all...

I hope devs show us that they have interest in what we have to say.

Cinco
11-04-2019, 03:43 PM
I hope devs show us that they have interest in what we have to say.

The suggestions that we agree with do make it into the game over time. I would note that quite a few improvements and fixes have been added to the game this year ;-)

I see quite a few good suggestions in this thread. We do appreciate the input!

arcanefid
11-04-2019, 04:46 PM
They bring up esg because they are pretty much clueless as to how to fix the game. If the new maps were desirable to farm...guess what? People would actually go there! No need to bother with old maps when new ones offer better incentives.

Why would you farm a map that doesn’t drop anything if ESG drops you 10,000+ gold every run, and you can do it in 30 seconds?

I support an ESG nerf and I also think new maps should drop more gold/better loot. I don’t remember saying the new maps are desirable to farm. And I don’t see anyone else saying that. You’re just making things up to support your idea, and you’re the only one in this thread with that.

Thegoodsir
11-04-2019, 04:55 PM
Why would you farm a map that doesn’t drop anything if ESG drops you 10,000+ gold every run, and you can do it in 30 seconds?

I support an ESG nerf and I also think new maps should drop more gold/better loot. I don’t remember saying the new maps are desirable to farm. And I don’t see anyone else saying that. You’re just making things up to support your idea, and you’re the only one in this thread with that.If the new maps had decent drops no one would bother with esg.

when hydra had gl before all the wars and mages cried about pt, no one was farming esg or maus, instead they ran hydra.

You would know all of this if you logged in for anything other than events.

Also you completely misunderstood my post, I said buff new maps loot leave old maps alone.

arcanefid
11-04-2019, 05:00 PM
If the new maps had decent drops no one would bother with esg.

when hydra had gl before all the wars and mages cried about pt, no one was farming esg or maus, instead they ran hydra.

You would know all of this if you logged in for anything other than events.

Also you completely misunderstood my post, I said buff new maps loot leave old maps alone.

Whenever I log in for events, I see people running ESG instead of the event, and they say they make more money from running ESG than doing the event. Surely there’s something wrong with that?

by the way, if I had to vote I’d nerf gold drops in every map. Just put in good items as loot everywhere.

Thegoodsir
11-04-2019, 05:20 PM
Whenever I log in for events, I see people running ESG instead of the event, and they say they make more money from running ESG than doing the event. Surely there’s something wrong with that?

by the way, if I had to vote I’d nerf gold drops in every map. Just put in good items as loot everywhere.If they make more gold doing esg than the event perhaps theres something wrong with the event loot, did you stop to consider that?

Its a little late to remove gold loot considering all the time and money people have invested into getting a gold set.

arcanefid
11-04-2019, 05:42 PM
If they make more gold doing esg than the event perhaps theres something wrong with the event loot, did you stop to consider that?

Its a little late to remove gold loot considering all the time and money people have invested into getting a gold set.

I’m sorry to say this, but the way you’re defending ESG gold drops is making me suspect you’re either farming it 24/7, or making your PC do it.

Risinglegendx
11-04-2019, 05:47 PM
If they make more gold doing esg than the event perhaps theres something wrong with the event loot, did you stop to consider that?

Its a little late to remove gold loot considering all the time and money people have invested into getting a gold set.Yes, it is very late, but, the game is dying because of it. Im sure plenty of players would rather have a functioning game and not farm gold, than a dead, sunset game that no longer gets updates and be rich.

Thegoodsir
11-04-2019, 07:21 PM
I’m sorry to say this, but the way you’re defending ESG gold drops is making me suspect you’re either farming it 24/7, or making your PC do it.Actually i rarely run that map but people should be free to farm wherever they want, it is just a game after all.

Tuhguhbuhbuh
11-04-2019, 09:43 PM

What's happening is exactly what you said ;)

I'd like to go more into detail but I'm afraid it will end up as a mad rant.

P.S ESG is not the problem. Unrewarding/boring new expansion, crafting everything instead of loot drops is!

Also STS needs to forget about the one map concept, it is a fail. Dreamscape was the start of this concept. One map and cyclical ones has not been good for retention of player base. Go back to Tindirin style maps, with elite version, with loot drops.........and listen to and carry out players PvP suggestions!

Also...make it easier for newcomers to reach endcap. I had about 3 friends that I introduced AL to from RL this week, but they all kinda quit soon after, citing boredom/lack of interest.

Fearrr
11-05-2019, 03:48 AM
Thinking about 1. on my 2nd post in this thread. I would like to come back to that. I like the idea of Mythic Weps/Gear being available in Vendor. I think Silentkill brought up the idea of also having these items lootable as drops to, I like this idea as well.

I brought up the idea of having Arcane Weps/Gear Craftable from Mythics. It seems like a lot of people don’t like crafting in this game in general lol which is fine. So instead what about having hmm…at least Arcane Weps lootable from an Elite Map? Ofc a hard map where all classes are needed. Why is a Arcane Rarity Wep, the best in game only obtainable through Locked Crates? In most MMORPG games what we consider Arcane Rarity Weps/Gear are Dungeon/Raid/World Boss drops. I think one of the biggest flaws of this game and why P2W V.S F2P gap is so large is because of this. A perfect example…Look what happen last Expansion when Ebon Aegis/Daggers hit 80m+. Only 1% of the player base could afford these Weps while for many F2P, owning these Weps was a dream. And what bigger motivation do you need to farm and grind a map hard knowing you can have the chance to loot a Arcane Rarity Wep? So in general this is why I originally liked the idea of completely removing Arcane Weps and maybe even Gear from Locked Crates all together. It opens up more possibilities for giving players a reason and motivation to run Elite Maps, and in general makes the game more fair whether you buy Plat or not. I don’t even gamble in RL so I never liked the idea of Locked Crates at all.

Just some thoughts that popped up in my head 3:48am on Vacation lol ��

Susanne
11-05-2019, 04:32 AM
Thanks to all who replied to my question.
I just want to say that AL has a special quality for so many people to show such an interest and come up with all the good suggestions to keep it going.
It would be a shame, is a shame actually, to see so many players unhappy with it and worse, to quit.
I have been playing a long time, it's been like a good book, one that you can't put down.
I've seen so many changes and I hope AL continues to change for the better.
People say, "It's only a game"..but it's been more than that to me and a few other people I know in-game. It's escapism, that's what it is and anyone here can't deny that otherwise, why would you be here too?
Just a few of the ideas would be helpful.
Anyway, take care and kind regards.
P.S. Thanks to Cinco for leaving a post earlier.

Tuhguhbuhbuh
11-05-2019, 04:39 AM
Thanks to all who replied to my question.
I just want to say that AL has a special quality for so many people to show such an interest and come up with all the good suggestions to keep it going.
It would be a shame, is a shame actually, to see so many players unhappy with it and worse, to quit.
I have been playing a long time, it's been like a good book, one that you can't put down.
I've seen so many changes and I hope AL continues to change for the better.
People say, "It's only a game"..but it's been more than that to me and a few other people I know in-game. It's escapism, that's what it is and anyone here can't deny that otherwise, why would you be here too?
Just a few of the ideas would be helpful.
Anyway, take care and kind regards.
P.S. Thanks to Cinco for leaving a post earlier.

Thanks for the thread, it was needed.

Spooked
11-05-2019, 05:21 AM
Clearly you havent been around long enough.
If youve played this game for over 4years you will know what problems we are facing.

Susanne
11-05-2019, 06:01 AM
Clearly you havent been around long enough.
If youve played this game for over 4years you will know what problems we are facing.
If your post was directed to me, I have played for over 6 years. Just because I didn't make a forum account until 2016 doesn't mean I wasn't playing.
I started playing, as a guest, just after AL was born but after losing that character when I got a new phone, made an account in 2013.
I don't think of problems, only solutions.

Silentkill
11-05-2019, 07:14 AM
If your post was directed to me, I have played for over 6 years. Just because I didn't make a forum account until 2016 doesn't mean I wasn't playing.
I started playing, as a guest, just after AL was born but after losing that character when I got a new phone, made an account in 2013.

I dont think his post was directed to you

Susanne
11-05-2019, 07:32 AM
I dont think his post was directed to you

My bad then 😣 and sorry. Whilst typing, I realized just how long I have been playing. My how time flies.
Have a good day. I'm going to shut up now. 🙂🤐

Kaziscate
11-05-2019, 02:53 PM
Events are like the main priority of the game now since they are what keep people playing. While there is a bigger focus on events and constantly improving them, it’s at the cost base game content, especially expansions. Vardan Valley doesn’t have any meaningful stuff we can farm for because all of the meaningful stuff we want to farm for are all in events. People farm maus because buying stuff from auction is the most efficient way of getting the loot you want without gambling locks away. If expansions need more time be released, I’m perfectly fine with waiting a bit longer. Expansion content should be able to keep us engaged with loot we can pursue and sell while we are waiting for the next event to happen.

Tuhguhbuhbuh
11-07-2019, 07:56 PM
Events are like the main priority of the game now since they are what keep people playing. While there is a bigger focus on events and constantly improving them, it’s at the cost base game content, especially expansions. Vardan Valley doesn’t have any meaningful stuff we can farm for because all of the meaningful stuff we want to farm for are all in events. People farm maus because buying stuff from auction is the most efficient way of getting the loot you want without gambling locks away. If expansions need more time be released, I’m perfectly fine with waiting a bit longer. Expansion content should be able to keep us engaged with loot we can pursue and sell while we are waiting for the next event to happen.

......somebody in my guild said Event Legends........LOL

Crocodile
11-07-2019, 09:50 PM

I think you've spent too much time on game. You're showing the signs of gaming disorder..my advise is you should spent some time doing outdoor activities. Stay away from game for a while and come back occasionally then you will find the game are much fun than before.
I once get so bored and feel stuck at one point, so I decided to uninstall the game and stop playing any game for more than 3 month. Trust me it works like magic when you come back to game.

I believe that you just fatigue from all the events and quest. Take a hiatus bro.

Spooked
11-08-2019, 08:48 AM

No it wasnt, i think the quote missfired.
Oh well, enjoy my late response :P

Susanne
11-08-2019, 09:42 AM
No it wasnt, i think the quote missfired.
Oh well, enjoy my late response :P

Ah yes. I apologized earlier. Sorry about the mix up. Hope you have a good day 🙂

Dalmony
11-12-2019, 11:23 PM
I completely agree with OP (hard to reply to everything else in the thread!!) I was considering buying Duggar bow until it dawned on me that there was absolutely no need as we are still farming Maus... in speed set... [emoji23][emoji23] I promptly sold my taint set and bought some level 76 pinks.

-> I remember when it was satisfying to get to a boss and actually care what item he drops, with the anticipation that you could potentially drop something awesome. The 5 map system was best, with 5 reasonable length maps and different items dropping at each elite. Would love to see proper elites back. And elite golden chests *-* miss those!!

- > Would also love to see less timer based content. I don't understand the reasoning for the majority of the new expansion maps being behind a timer, this just makes it difficult for people with lives/family/friends to engage with the content. If I have a nice few hours free on a Tuesday and feel like playing but all the maps are closed then.... Meh.

- I'm tired of events. I preferred it when there were fewer, and events funded our escapades in the actual game content.

-If some new gears / items / vanities / pets could be put into the expansion (as drops) this might liven it up.

As to what I do when I log on:

- Dailies on hc (not so hardcore really nor very much fun, Just playing it safe with dailies to get my toons to 71 for APs.)

- Other AP on my main. Again... Not very interesting to kill 500 of the same boss but it passes time while I wait for the expansion maps to become appealing/active.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Susanne
11-13-2019, 05:06 AM
I completely agree with OP (hard to reply to everything else in the thread!!) I was considering buying Duggar bow until it dawned on me that there was absolutely no need as we are still farming Maus... in speed set... [emoji23][emoji23] I promptly sold my taint set and bought some level 76 pinks.

-> I remember when it was satisfying to get to a boss and actually care what item he drops, with the anticipation that you could potentially drop something awesome. The 5 map system was best, with 5 reasonable length maps and different items dropping at each elite. Would love to see proper elites back. And elite golden chests *-* miss those!!

- > Would also love to see less timer based content. I don't understand the reasoning for the majority of the new expansion maps being behind a timer, this just makes it difficult for people with lives/family/friends to engage with the content. If I have a nice few hours free on a Tuesday and feel like playing but all the maps are closed then.... Meh.

- I'm tired of events. I preferred it when there were fewer, and events funded our escapades in the actual game content.

-If some new gears / items / vanities / pets could be put into the expansion (as drops) this might liven it up.

As to what I do when I log on:

- Dailies on hc (not so hardcore really nor very much fun, Just playing it safe with dailies to get my toons to 71 for APs.)

- Other AP on my main. Again... Not very interesting to kill 500 of the same boss but it passes time while I wait for the expansion maps to become appealing/active.

I hated myself for complaining when I made this thread because I felt bad for the developers. Now I don't because the expansion was something that the majority of players had made suggestions for in advance.
Players were consistent in wanting the old style maps back. Well I thought I'd give it a go but as everyone as already said, there's nothing there.
Now the title should be "What are the developers going to do?"
I realise that there have been some really good changes to this brilliant game and fully appreciate it but still people are leaving, particularly players who are level 50s-60s because the levelling is so daunting.
Maybe a double xp event that lasts for
a week or more?
Nothing can be done about the expansion that many were looking forward to, so best to concentrate on what we have I suppose.
Just please don't let AL die.
P.S. Sorry for hi-jacking your post Dalmony. I tend to start of with a reply then go into rant and rambling mode.

Dalmony
11-13-2019, 06:06 AM
I hated myself for complaining when I made this thread because I felt bad for the developers. Now I don't because the expansion was something that the majority of players had made suggestions for in advance.
Players were consistent in wanting the old style maps back. Well I thought I'd give it a go but as everyone as already said, there's nothing there.
Now the title should be "What are the developers going to do?"
I realise that there have been some really good changes to this brilliant game and fully appreciate it but still people are leaving, particularly players who are level 50s-60s because the levelling is so daunting.
Maybe a double xp event that lasts for
a week or more?
Nothing can be done about the expansion that many were looking forward to, so best to concentrate on what we have I suppose.
Just please don't let AL die.
P.S. Sorry for hi-jacking your post Dalmony. I tend to start of with a reply then go into rant and rambling mode.Same, I don't like to be overly negative but as a player of this game for now 6 years, there are going to be times where we are disappointed to say the least and its a disservice to the devs to pretend otherwise.

You're right about newbies not staying - there is absolutely no need for brand new players to face such a ridiculous grind; what a terrible first impression of the game & not a true reflection of what the game is like for players most of the time. Heck if I found the game now I don't think I'd stick with it either.

Seems like the keys to reform would be:

- fix new player journey
- reformat expansions

Id also like to know what the road map is towards fixing these :)

umarrahim
11-13-2019, 09:00 AM
We are getting a lot of events to fight the boredom and mausoleum has the best gold loot even if you have no gl you can farm coffers and also festerfang and valley are just boring af every expansion is getting worse which made me decide i only play this game for events

Sent from my SM-N935F using TapatalkWhy bother farming gold? What will u get with it? Vanities? Good luck showing off your vanities to ghosts and NPCs if people stop playing

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Spooked
11-14-2019, 08:21 AM
I think there are many new excited players left, but I definitely see the majority of my old friends, along with old veterans slip through the floorboards.
The devs are giving us crap for a while, then expect 1 event to revive the game, thats been going on for a while now.
I am actually quite pleased with the fact i quit the game and get myself to log in every now and then to do a quick chat or help someone out.
From my perspective the game has passed the point where its beyond saving, as i see the events get worse and worse each time.
It was hard to leave this game behind me because i remember waking up at 9 am in the morning back in 2013 and mashing my ipad's screen to open AL.
This game has -as cheesy as it sounds- had a big impact on my life, its something i will never forget.
But i think its time people realise whats happening to the game.
I even saw some people saying they added ads? I havent seen one yet but if this is the game StS has gone to a point of no return.

While i do believe this game wont totally die out for a while, its gradually decreasing in popularity and a miracle needs to happen if StS wants to turn this almost unavoidable shipwreck around.

Sorry for the rant i got carried away once again

Archugejackmen
11-14-2019, 10:08 AM
@Susanne the double xp event come out ~1-3 mths ago, doubt it'll be coming back soon

Anehazaz
11-14-2019, 02:02 PM
The only way IMO to turn this Expansion around regarding new maps/town activity is Sts is going to have to make a drastic change to some things:

1. Add Mythic Weps and Gear to Varden Valley Vendor. Add a long questline that you can eventually craft the Mythics to their Arcane counterparts. Get rid of putting new Arc Weps/Gear in crates. I would suggest Mythic/Set gear only. Arc Weps/ Gear are obtainable only through crafting from their Mythic versions. The materials needed( Every map will have something needed overall to Craft Arc Weps/Gear)to craft these items are obtainable through grinding and farming new maps(Drastic I know but will give a big reason and motivation for people to run new maps from here on out). Instead of waiting for Christmas to release the rest of the Arcane Weps/Gear put this idea into action ASAP.
2. Make a Elite Map version of Mogera Lair(Where all classes are needed) where Bosses have good drops...Set Bonus items,Eggs, etc.
3. Nerf the Gold Drops in ESG and Maus to the point where running these maps is no longer profitable. Increase Gold drops in new maps. Add Gold Chests to Vendor similar to what they did in Maus Expansion. The only way to get gold farmers out of those old maps is to kill the gold in those maps. Where the only option is to run the new maps for profit.

I'm sure others can add to this with ideas. But this would be a big start of turning things around Expansion Wise. Just some thoughts.
1. No ...just ...no...sorry I do not want to repeat making that senseless set in order to make a glintstone set that was frankly monotonous and boring.
2. No..the expansion was just a mish mash of events that had been run previously..best thing would be to roll back time to before was even launched.
3. No because at least it keeps some ppl running
Don’t get me wrong ...I would dearly love a quest line that would be thought provoking...interesting...not monotonous but experience tells me when we ask for stuff like that we get lumbered with 1k boss aps etc

Fearrr
11-14-2019, 02:13 PM
1. No ...just ...no...sorry I do not want to repeat making that senseless set in order to make a glintstone set that was frankly monotonous and boring.
2. No..the expansion was just a mish mash of events that had been run previously..best thing would be to roll back time to before was even launched.
3. No because at least it keeps some ppl running
Don’t get me wrong ...I would dearly love a quest line that would be thought provoking...interesting...not monotonous but experience tells me when we ask for stuff like that we get lumbered with 1k boss aps etc

I hear ya. I did change my #1 idea on page 5. And yes me to I would love to have some quest line or harder Elite Map to farm to keep me busy. Sucks I have all this free time to play now and there is not much to do.

Anehazaz
11-14-2019, 02:46 PM
I’m sorry to say this, but the way you’re defending ESG gold drops is making me suspect you’re either farming it 24/7, or making your PC do it.
I can tell you he rarely farms esg and he definitely is always in control of his toon xD just afk in gh too much sometimes tho :D
Just because you don’t like someone else’s opinion doesn’t mean you should make inferences about how he plays.

devilMors
11-15-2019, 09:57 AM
AL needs technocrats not politicans regarding devs. Promises "we are considering and appreciate your suggestions" kind of statements doesnt make situation better. What AL community needs is implementation of serious changes not word games.

Gamegrog
11-15-2019, 10:42 AM
Okey now I get y ppl say nerf esg ect
Man I quit gold farming and started with running events and jewel farming.
Tbh I am not complaining but Al lost it's good vibes
It's different now.i hate farming for gold honestly speaking I have to farm like 8 hrs to 15 hrs to make good money but it's soo boring that I rather stand afk in towns rather than do esg :((.
Devs are talented in sts they are good but there is no proper expansion content that keeps the players engaged for more.op is ryt vardan valley is indeed a ghost town I see none farming there :((
As some players mentioned please let bosses drop arcane items that helps players to farm for more
Nerf gl itself (sorry for the opinion but it is the main issue).
But keep the booty event
Instead of gl farm bring back the old old crate farming method.
Or
Keep gl farming but let bosses drop cool items pls
Ppl would play even more and Al ratings will increase
Ik it's hard but a small change is enough.
Anyways devs are the experts I hope whatever decisions they make is best for Al
Hope Al will rise to it's glory again.
Ty all have a wonderful time:)

Spooked
11-15-2019, 01:52 PM
AL needs technocrats not politicans regarding devs. Promises "we are considering and appreciate your suggestions" kind of statements doesnt make situation better. What AL community needs is implementation of serious changes not word games.

Facts, its a shame devs will turn a blind eye on comments like these

lissil
11-16-2019, 10:07 PM
I quit maybe 1.5 to 2 years ago. I just returned about three days ago. As a returning player, here are my thoughts:

First, I wasn’t surprised by the huge experience gaps needed to level up since it was the same with the previous expansions. However, to be honest, a lot of people got bored just leveling up even with the xp rewards from daily quests. It slowed down the pace of a lot of people. I know the intent of STS was to make the players play a bit slowly so they don’t get bored after capping. This obviously had the opposite effect. Others capped so quickly, I myself is still at level 71. Why would I rush getting to level 76 when people are farming the older maps? I even hear the new 76 arcanes are performing worse than the older ones. Less capped players and better gold drips in maus results to….. dead “new” maps.

Second, inflation. I believe it is too late to do anything about it. Just keep farming and you'll be fine. However, may I just say that if STS wants people to migrate to the new maps (I might anger some people here), put the best gold rates and loots at the new maps. This way, players will have to level up and play the new maps instead of choosing to stay at a lower level and just farm in maus at that level.

Third, maybe create an specifically for the new map or the capped players. They are, after all, probably the most bored people right now. Capping and having to go back to older maps. Again, I am still at level 71 so please don’t bother saying how unfair it would be. It is sort of unfair being level-limited event but they did the grind that others did not so maybe that deserves some reward.

Last, keep the pets coming! [emoji4]

Risinglegendx
12-29-2019, 10:56 PM
I quit maybe 1.5 to 2 years ago. I just returned about three days ago. As a returning player, here are my thoughts:

First, I wasn’t surprised by the huge experience gaps needed to level up since it was the same with the previous expansions. However, to be honest, a lot of people got bored just leveling up even with the xp rewards from daily quests. It slowed down the pace of a lot of people. I know the intent of STS was to make the players play a bit slowly so they don’t get bored after capping. This obviously had the opposite effect. Others capped so quickly, I myself is still at level 71. Why would I rush getting to level 76 when people are farming the older maps? I even hear the new 76 arcanes are performing worse than the older ones. Less capped players and better gold drips in maus results to….. dead “new” maps.

Second, inflation. I believe it is too late to do anything about it. Just keep farming and you'll be fine. However, may I just say that if STS wants people to migrate to the new maps (I might anger some people here), put the best gold rates and loots at the new maps. This way, players will have to level up and play the new maps instead of choosing to stay at a lower level and just farm in maus at that level.

Third, maybe create an specifically for the new map or the capped players. They are, after all, probably the most bored people right now. Capping and having to go back to older maps. Again, I am still at level 71 so please don’t bother saying how unfair it would be. It is sort of unfair being level-limited event but they did the grind that others did not so maybe that deserves some reward.

Last, keep the pets coming! [emoji4]I think I remember you! It might have been in a line chat from a guild, but I certainly remember the name.

Risinglegendx
12-30-2019, 07:48 AM
I can tell you he rarely farms esg and he definitely is always in control of his toon xD just afk in gh too much sometimes tho :D
Just because you don’t like someone else’s opinion doesn’t mean you should make inferences about how he plays.I mean, not so intelligent opinions got game threatening items implemented into the game, I certainly come across some threads I would delete. Eg- Any vanity suggestion ever, anything supporting gold loot, Recolors in specific, movement speed oriented, all of it takes away from the developers attention and in the end gets not so worthy things implemented.

Deuteronomy
12-30-2019, 09:17 AM
I sometimes just log in to check auctions and crafts. I used to do ESG but no more. The vardan map is not for me, Fester is only good for XP and after cap, my toon doesn't set foot in Fester. Maus is not bas and can be fun sometimes but the last bosses takes to long to deal with and it can sometimes be hard to get a PT or a good PT there. The outpost is dope and the most fun thing to do in AL.

I do not believe anyone here means to offend or disrespect development, sometimes just being real and expressing how you feel leads to progress.