PDA

View Full Version : STS Please Revive Twink! & Here Is How To Do It

BloodxBite
11-02-2019, 06:30 PM
Twinking was once one of the best parts of the game and had a huge community, with there being thousands of them throughout the levels 1-26 a few years ago. Now all the levels are dead except a couple players at levels 44 and 48 which are barely staying alive as it is.

Why is this?
One of the reasons is because as time has gone on the gears used at these levels has diminished with time. But let’s not deny the REAL reason it died .
Awakenings[/
What may have been a good thing for PVE, awakenings DEVASTATED twink levels. Players quickly became unkillable and the pvp died and along with it hundreds of people quit over time and all of other lower levels died, now it’s a ghost town where there once was full rooms all day.

[COLOR="#008000"]How can it be fixed, CAN it be fixed?
Yes, I believe it can be restored to its former glory. Me and many other nostalgic players have thought of many ways to revive twinking , which will hopefully save STS a job and help them implement these methods.
Method 1
Remove awakenings in pvp for levels 1-26( old popular twink levels) or at least NERF them a LOT. This will do the job but I know STS need awakening gems for revenue and by removing them revenue will be reduced, THEREFORE i have thought of ways for them to regenerate this income.[read on]

Method 2
As gear is scarce, new gear is required. The best idea we have thought of for new to gear ( and to restore potential lost revenue for STS) is to put new gear in a Crate for plat and from event crates. / Alternatively as a gold sink the crates could be 500k for example. Incase designing new gear is too much for STS resources the gear could be recoloured devourer bow/ umbral for example.

Method 3
Another addition could be a new gem similar to paracelsus ( or the same Paracelsus as before) sold for plat in the store to again give STS incentive to think about doing these methods. This would stop players with rare gear with paras having a big advantage on those with new gear who can’t get a para. This is the same for eyes of syrillax.

Why should it happen?
I’ve noticed a lot of threads of people saying how new expansions are a flop and bring nothing for players to do, as well as lots of people saying that they farm mausoleum for gold but for nothing to do with it.Just take a look at Susanne’s “ So what are we going to do” thread which has received a lot of attention.
I believe if twinking returned it’d give people something to invest their gold into and have fun when endgame gets dry. Also there are hundreds of twinks that I still talk to that would return.

Please SUPPORT this thread by giving it your imput and a Thanks so STS show it is indeed wanted by a lot of people. BRING BACK TWINKS

Undressing
11-02-2019, 06:49 PM
Uppppp uppppp bring back twinking

Riskings
11-02-2019, 06:53 PM
Instead of just removing awakes for lv1-26 it should be “remove awakes for pvp “ for all levels.
I’m too lazy to talk about the other stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiddenme
11-02-2019, 07:11 PM
Up up upppppppp

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Lim Weibin
11-02-2019, 10:10 PM
Yes +1 for this revival please ~

davidvilla
11-03-2019, 04:47 AM
Well my thoughts are as follows:
+1 for first method (new map with no pet and auto equip gear legendary set from special AL Arena can solve issue)
-1 for second/third method (too many gears, awakes, jewels are already there & beside those para, eye and old gears are thing of the past so sts should never release them) e.g. Forerunners, soul haunt, depraved blades etc. People flex them at towns for a cost they've paid through either farming or from plat purchases.

I own a twink for events & from my experience proper awaken and new powered pet has already given me enough. There's already too much stats and damage in game and i see no point adding additional damage there at low levels for straight PAy to Win play.

Silentkill
11-03-2019, 04:55 AM
I +1 everything that brings back life into this game <3

Creepiest
11-03-2019, 05:07 AM
+100

/11

BloodxBite
11-03-2019, 07:02 AM
I mean recolour of icescale or something with the same stats, and I think it is needed because try finding an icescale set at every level it’ll take you a while. And as for para, back in the day a lot of people had a lot of paras and it was fine and even if people were to have full para damage would be the same if not less as new pets give 500 armour happiness which wasn’t there before.

LegendaryLeo
11-04-2019, 03:50 AM
how abt try giving people of any level an opportunity to earn gold in a fair and economical way to buy the gears needed, and make the gears available instead of removing awakes?

Nucleus121
11-04-2019, 04:00 AM
as far i remember cinco replied it by saying that the game has to progress over endgame and new things should be implemented with time - Not the exact wordings but something like this he definitely said.

Hiddenme
11-04-2019, 08:43 AM
Bumppp

BloodxBite
11-04-2019, 09:45 AM
how abt try giving people of any level an opportunity to earn gold in a fair and economical way to buy the gears needed, and make the gears available instead of removing awakes?
Removing awakes in low lvl pvp is a necessity, if you’ve played there you know it’s impossible to kill each other as you simply don’t do enough damage. For example there are level 3s with 2,5k armour doing 60 damage lol.

BloodxBite
11-04-2019, 04:33 PM
Instead of just removing awakes for lv1-26 it should be “remove awakes for pvp “ for all levels.
I’m too lazy to talk about the other stuff.

Removing awakens for all levels would cause many people to be upset . For example op awakens which they spent a lot achieving or buying

Kyptix
11-04-2019, 08:45 PM
This is what we neeeeeeeedd

LegendaryLeo
11-04-2019, 09:10 PM
Removing awakes in low lvl pvp is a necessity, if you’ve played there you know it’s impossible to kill each other as you simply don’t do enough damage. For example there are level 3s with 2,5k armour doing 60 damage lol.

well its still possible, with better awakes come stronger damage

codered
11-05-2019, 01:53 AM
In low lvl pvp, the op armor awaken ruin the game, generally awaken really ruin everything, cant see more people active, been doing lvl 8 and 13 in the past,

LegendaryLeo
11-05-2019, 01:59 AM
if there is greater transparency and freedom as to how awakes are gotten and its wider availability instead of spending millions for one, i think that will observe better gameplay.

BloodxBite
11-05-2019, 03:07 PM
if there is greater transparency and freedom as to how awakes are gotten and its wider availability instead of spending millions for one, i think that will observe better gameplay.
No, the problem isn’t getting the awakens, it’s the horrible gameplay that they cause. The gear should be easily available as it would be all legendary found in locked crates like it was in the past.

BloodxBite
11-08-2019, 02:01 PM
Anyone from old guilds could you put this in your group chats so it gets more attention

Pyshcx
11-10-2019, 06:44 AM
+ 1 Here :D

Enviado desde mi VOG-L29 mediante Tapatalk

WiiCarlim
11-10-2019, 08:50 AM
Awakening has ruined PVP in every way.

Mmxxzzmm
11-11-2019, 09:59 AM
+99

Ign : Etit

Iccyprincess
11-11-2019, 10:08 AM
Yes for bring back pvp twink 100+

Neutrone
11-11-2019, 12:17 PM
Just came back to check on the state of the game, it would be nice if twinks made a come back.

BloodxBite
11-15-2019, 03:02 PM
Yeah hopefully STS at least make a response to this post instead of just ignoring it, which is really unprofessional tbh

Drone
11-15-2019, 03:49 PM
Awakening gems = revenue. Good luck with this!!

Susanne
11-15-2019, 06:03 PM
I don't PvP, most people who know me well know that. I still support players who want to PvP because I believe people should enjoy whatever AL has on offer.
I will repeat what I have said many times, some people enjoy merching, some farming, some collecting..the list goes on and people should be entitled to enjoy PvP.
Besides which, it affects us all, whether we like it or not.
I remember when twinking was popular and I do have to say this, many people did profit from it. (It was way before awakenings etc.) I don't know if that was right or wrong because I didn't have enough to participate in buying or selling twink gear back then. Someone will explain the economics to me I hope.
All I know is most people want PvP back and while there are maps for this pastime, then people should be using them.
All aspects of AL should be enjoyed and I admire people who enjoy PvP.
I can't do it, people have tried to show me how (they all gave up on me and called me a lost cause) but I can't bring myself to.
P.S. I'm the one who stands in Festerfang outpost trying to summon the courage to join in. 🤫
I do think AL would benefit if it was back in the original PvP maps too, even if I am a noob at it, I do believe.

BloodxBite
11-17-2019, 06:43 PM
Awakening gems = revenue. Good luck with this!!
Yeah I know revenue is a deciding factor for STS, which is why I’ve made solutions that will also bring in revenue ( however without destroying the gameplay this time :). Awakenings will still be bought for endgame and gold loot etc( I think gold loot ruined the game aswell but let’s not get into that )

Stellarstorm
11-18-2019, 12:12 AM
It can be revived by the introduction of pvp class gears with assigned stats higher than any current awakenings but scaled enough to balance out twinking or the gears should be made available with unique procs if not stats are counted much , and moreover making them available enough so players have plenty of access to those in auction store.

Remiem
11-18-2019, 12:37 PM
Thank you so much for the feedback everyone! These are great ideas and I will definitely pass them along to the team. No promises on what we can make happen, but I'll make sure they see them. :D

Remiem
11-18-2019, 12:38 PM
Moved to Suggestions for Dev visibility.

Koomsonboi
11-20-2019, 09:11 AM
Agree 100%, I would love this

BloodxBite
11-20-2019, 12:06 PM
Moved to Suggestions for Dev visibility.
Thanks a lot for at least reading this Remiem, you’ll always be the best staff member for caring about the community

Queeny
12-01-2019, 01:23 PM
Come on!!
Give us Arc arti lvl10 with dmg stats
No slot for awake!

BloodxBite
12-06-2019, 06:02 PM
I see this has just been moved to a different section to be left for dead, thanks a lot STS for nothing as usual.

Hiddenme
12-06-2019, 06:33 PM
Upppp

Leiys
12-07-2019, 06:21 AM
Remove awake from pvp ty :3

Cinco
12-07-2019, 01:09 PM
We haven’t ignored this thread; the Awakes controversy has been discussed quite a lot already. For this reason I did not feel an urgent need to reply here. That said...

Twink population is mostly affected by level cap raises and the general desire for players to advance their favorite toons. Contrary to popularity assertions, Awakes haven’t “killed” anything - moreover they’re a very significant part of many players’ gear investments.

We have just recently seen how negatively players react to having totally useless items removed - so quite obviously it would be a catastrophe to remove Awakes. Same goes for massively nerfing them. This is irrespective of the replacement revenue methods speculated in the Op (as they do not effectively remedy the players losses).

I respect the work that has gone into this proposal. It warms my heart to see positive community-supporting efforts every time they show up! With that said, I respectfully decline to remove Awakes.

To offer a constructive turn here I’d like to ask: Have any of you played “Honor PvP” in Pocket Legends? Do you think that type of system would remedy these sorts of concerns for Twinks in AL?

Leiys
12-07-2019, 09:28 PM
I spent so much for the awake and I won't cry if you remove them :D trust me, pvp players will not cry ;)

Overgrown
12-08-2019, 03:11 AM
We haven’t ignored this thread; the Awakes controversy has been discussed quite a lot already. For this reason I did not feel an urgent need to reply here. That said...

Twink population is mostly affected by level cap raises and the general desire for players to advance their favorite toons. Contrary to popularity assertions, Awakes haven’t “killed” anything - moreover they’re a very significant part of many players’ gear investments.

We have just recently seen how negatively players react to having totally useless items removed - so quite obviously it would be a catastrophe to remove Awakes. Same goes for massively nerfing them. This is irrespective of the replacement revenue methods speculated in the Op (as they do not effectively remedy the players losses).

I respect the work that has gone into this proposal. It warms my heart to see positive community-supporting efforts every time they show up! With that said, I respectfully decline to remove Awakes.

To offer a constructive turn here I’d like to ask: Have any of you played “Honor PvP” in Pocket Legends? Do you think that type of system would remedy these sorts of concerns for Twinks in AL?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWhere is your basis that awakes didn't killed anything? Listen to the community we're the end users we know what's the problem.

If this awakening been taught very well from the very start, this didn't happen, imagine just unlocking slots cost you millions?

So the poor are just food for the rich? No test of skill in playing? Just pure "PAY TO WIN"

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk

Alexios
12-08-2019, 06:26 AM

+1 for Honor PvP of PL to be enabled in AL.

Where is your basis that awakes didn't killed anything? Listen to the community we're the end users we know what's the problem.

If this awakening been taught very well from the very start, this didn't happen, imagine just unlocking slots cost you millions?

So the poor are just food for the rich? No test of skill in playing? Just pure "PAY TO WIN"

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk

I think devs basis is the statistics they have, while your basis is the speculations.
Anyway Honor PvP will resolve the issue you are highlighting.

In case people dont know: In Honor PvP (PL) you get to buy PvP gear for gold from the store. Once you equip gear on all slots you can enter PvP. You cannot awake these gears and gear swaps while pvp is disabled. Sounds good?

ARealG
12-10-2019, 10:03 PM
Bravo for this man

Leiys
12-13-2019, 05:08 PM
Lmao that's exactly what we want! +1 for honor pvp

Fyrce
12-13-2019, 05:30 PM
Do not need to remove awakes. Just have everyone who enters PVP have naked stats.

Then have an NPC where people can buy 1 of 3 sets just for that particular pvp fight:
Offensive, Defensive, Support (CC?)

People can rebuy to switch their set. That's it. No outside equips counting in PVP.

People can either keep their pets or can have 3 pets to buy just for that PVP fight.

jomellapon20
03-10-2020, 12:59 PM
Thread up

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

leohate123
03-19-2020, 07:15 PM
+1 very great idea to bring back pvp. good old days