PDA

View Full Version : will there be any founders helm or such in the future?

razerfingers
12-28-2011, 10:23 PM
It occured to me that i played since beta and i think it would be cool if we got some cool vanity like the pl founders did. Well as you all may think this is just another one of those "threads" but honestly it made me ponder a bit just sayin...

javier995
12-28-2011, 10:26 PM
There most likely will. Just a little to early for that, we must wait another 3-4 months:) I think lol

razerfingers
12-28-2011, 10:29 PM
Haha alright, i was just a little curious

Lazaras
12-28-2011, 10:44 PM
As someone who missed out on beta.

I like this idea.

SUPAPRODIGY
12-28-2011, 11:09 PM
no as samhayne once said something like you got to be in beta so no you will not get anything.

BodMaster
12-28-2011, 11:24 PM
no as samhayne once said something like you got to be in beta so no you will not get anything.

Think Laz was just agreeing with the statement buddy :)

Doubt they will, may cause a riot. But im betting a certain forumer will not be able to resist posting here xD

Zeus
12-28-2011, 11:31 PM
I don't think there should be. Why? There was the founder's helm for one reason and one reason only. It was a "Thank You" gift to the players for supporting STS when they were not as successful as they are now. They were the reason why STS did not go out of business, when they were barely cutting even. Now? It's a lot different. It looks like business is booming. Anyways, that's why I think there shouldn't be founders helms and why there isn't going to be founders helms. Just an opinion, feel free to disagree with me.

Note: This is said from the perspective of a Non-Founder Helm owner. I missed the cut off by 13 days.

ghost.mw
12-28-2011, 11:43 PM
I was gonna ask the same question and I asked a dev about that but he didn't wanna give me an answer so guys don't be so sure.

javier995
12-28-2011, 11:49 PM
From the other side of that perspective.

I agree nothing along the lines of a founders helmet, since well we aren't founders. Although something to show that we are beta testers would be nice ya know:p

Like the lvl20 veteran armor, I think that should have only been available during beta. That alone would have been our little reward I guess lol.

Remember when STS gifted everyone who had purchased plat 30plat? Want to know what I did with that plat? Probably not, but I'll still tell you. I bought that veteran set, well because I was told it would only be available during beta (since someone told me that).

Other than that, a founders helmet, like something exactly like that I don't think would e necessary. Even though above I said there should be, well I change my mind. A founder would be the people who founded the game right? What of the people in SL beta, didn't they do that with SL? Well yea I guess you can say that.

You're right tho, we didn't help STS back then. I didn't because I found PL on the Internet in late May, but I would have nonetheless. That being the case, like you stated, only those who funded STS back then should receive it. Then what of the founders, do they get some sort of founder helmet in every STS game just because they did that? Will they get this even if they don't plat beta? Probably not.

If you're reading this still, well I don't know if you see my point because there is no point. It's just a bunch of things I wanted to say.

For the beta testers tho, there should be some kind of little reward. Like leaving the gear that was in beta, only in beta. I'd like that, and I'd be satisfied with only my veteran gear. But hey, I'm just one person and the majority will either say I'm wrong or not like my idea and want something more.

BodMaster
12-29-2011, 12:06 AM
I could predict the majority would be against this idea for one reason.. And one reason only.. They will not get it. A little forward i know but we seen it in PL and again prob in SL.

Is it safe to say someone who has been funding (2k plat per month or less) SL from the first day of beta and is continually doing so. Putting up with enhancer/vanity errors per day and sts just saying that its beta purchasing plat is at your own risk, we will not be responsible for any errors within this time.. And all the errors glitches harldy playable content.. And giving as much feedback as possible to correct the game before it went into open beta/full release.. is not worth a vanity for their hard work? As a thank you.. If not then guess your right..

razerfingers
12-29-2011, 01:11 AM
Well you all say no its not fair it will cause riots and flames what did giving out the pl founders helm do? Nothing but cause riots and flames so i dont see much of a diffrence, just i thought we could be know that ohh rhose people are the reason why we can download sl in the app store and market because they helped refine it but i guess its too much to ask..

Skeletonlord
12-29-2011, 09:39 AM
a star legends founders helm is a cool idea! i like!

Register
12-29-2011, 09:56 AM
Well you all say no its not fair it will cause riots and flames what did giving out the pl founders helm do? Nothing but cause riots and flames so i dont see much of a diffrence, just i thought we could be know that ohh rhose people are the reason why we can download sl in the app store and market because they helped refine it but i guess its too much to ask..

Yes, but only Android devices had the chance of being in beta.

Carth
12-29-2011, 09:58 AM
I don't think there should be a founders' helm but it would be nice if there was a Closed Beta Tester Vanity item. At least those who purchased plat in the beta should receive something. We helped fund a unfinished game, didn't we?

Just my thought on it. Not saying there should be a reward for us beta players but it would be nice.

Yes, but only Android devices had the chance of being in beta.

How do you think Android feels about Apple having Pocket Legends all to themselves in the beginning? No difference here.

razerfingers
12-29-2011, 11:20 AM
It would be cool to have some crazy weird unique helm or just a side patch that says BT and have like a circle around it i dunno because i dont think of itmes to make lol

Fac3bon3s
12-29-2011, 11:25 AM
An easy fix would be anyone who played in first week or two of it's full release got one.

And TBH android users can't complain about PL founders helms. It was never said when PL came out that it would ever be on android devices. Not until android became more popular and less... Microsoftish did they open up availability for that platform. If it was not for the iOS users supporting STS through the first stages of PL, Both games would not even been available for any of us right now.

Zeus
12-29-2011, 12:10 PM
I don't think there should be a founders' helm but it would be nice if there was a Closed Beta Tester Vanity item. At least those who purchased plat in the beta should receive something. We helped fund a unfinished game, didn't we?

Just my thought on it. Not saying there should be a reward for us beta players but it would be nice.

How do you think Android feels about Apple having Pocket Legends all to themselves in the beginning? No difference here.

What about those who purchased the reserve name option in PL? I thought they were the ones also "funding" the game?

javier995
12-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Reserved name on PL? Do you mean to reserve their name on SL? If so, well most aren't really funding and here's why. If they did in fact use the 50plat to reserve the character name on SL, well most of them didn't purchase any plat. Most of them probably already had 50 plat or more on their account. That being said, they didn't really fund the game. This is because they had already purchased plat, and STS doesn't receive more money whenever you use your plat. Although you probably know that, it's just for those who didn't know.

Carth
12-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Silly how I didn't think of this before. Weren't we all funding SL by purchasing platinum in PL? All our money goes to the same company, right? I shouldn't have singled out the SL beta players being the only ones funding the game. Pretty rude of me.

We all funded the development of SL. So we all deserve a vanity! Well those who played SL in the start of full release, or beta. Which ever one the Devs feel better about. :)

javier995
12-29-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm funding DL then! I want something there! lol Never thought about that way, my eyes are open to the reality and logic of this morning.

Zeus
12-29-2011, 01:06 PM
Reserved name on PL? Do you mean to reserve their name on SL? If so, well most aren't really funding and here's why. If they did in fact use the 50plat to reserve the character name on SL, well most of them didn't purchase any plat. Most of them probably already had 50 plat or more on their account. That being said, they didn't really fund the game. This is because they had already purchased plat, and STS doesn't receive more money whenever you use your plat. Although you probably know that, it's just for those who didn't know.

Javier, so essentially it had to depend on the purchase date? Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't they been developing SL for months, years even? So, wouldn't they be funding the game regardless of the purchase date? Also, I said reserved name on PL because they made the purchase on PL. Note, I said purchase the reserve name option IN PL, not FOR PL. :)

razerfingers
12-29-2011, 02:06 PM
i still dont see how its a bad idea... im not looking for a vanity with stats just a unique whatever to single people out like the cap vanities you can see who is a extreme avid pl or sl player.

Nightarcher
12-29-2011, 02:20 PM
In a year, the people who have the first elite vanity helm will be the "elite oldies."

--

They probably won't make a Founders' item in SL, for the reasons which Parth already stated. STS has more publicity now, and players paid $1-2 per campaign during the start of PL. Now it's all free. They wanted to thank the oldies, because even though everyone purchasing platinum is supporting games now, without those early supporters the games wouldn't have gotten to this point. :)

razerfingers
12-29-2011, 02:58 PM
I guess...

javier995
12-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Apollo I can correct you if you're wrong, bc I really don't know. We have no idea how long they have been creating SL. Heck we don't even know how long they have been talking about DL in HQ, most likely awhile. Like I said, no point whatsoever in my long post, just wanted my idea or whatever you want to call it answered:p No one seems to know that much about it, but hey the Beta Reward things, like idk a little emblem that says beta or something wouldn't be a bad idea. Don't you think?:)

BodMaster
12-29-2011, 03:51 PM
My point proven... exactly how i predicted..

Shame how a vanity can cause all this.. Also to add as soon as PL was on Android the funding started, purchased Alot of Plat and bought my name reserve for SL (named sucked with 'Bear' in it). Best way to describe when SL was funded is when sts stared to make money from PL, SL was always planned especially with 'The Blackstar Chronicles on PC, and dev have also mentioned the whole plan for SL from Lvl 0-100 had already planned out.

Dev have been on and not considered to post so im guessing we have no chance anyway. Anything we say or do seems to make no difference, and what will be.. Will be..

javier995
12-29-2011, 03:58 PM
Great words from the Bod family. Mow let's all join together hold hands and ask the almighty server for some X-rays or skull helmet.

Shall I start this off.

Almighty server.
You're so mighty
You're so clever
My char is tiny
And I'll love you forever
This is a great game
So fun
Love the name
Love my gun
One problem
Nothing with the winter vanity
I love my emblem
The problem is numa vanity
They don't drop
Please make it so
I will hop
Bc I'm happy you know
Anyways I'm sad
Farming sucks
Which gets me mad
Let's go shoot some ducks

Amen.

Matutd
12-29-2011, 04:08 PM
If we do get some sort of founders, I'm assuming it will be beta players only, but if we get it for players from the first week since iOS release I've got one xD

BUT...
I don't think we should get one at all, I'm already fed up with the number of complaints about pl's founders helm

Fac3bon3s
12-29-2011, 04:29 PM
I have a PL founders helmet. And... I don't play PL. Ha Ha. And a Shield. They are purple. And I don't like the look of em anyways.

STS if you make a founders vanity for SL. Please don't make it purple and pink.

razerfingers
12-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Well i dont see a point in doing it in one game and not another... And sure i guess you all have a point but still it was just a question and it created a big ol no because this and that and the other thing and then the 1% saying i like this idea, well in pl everyone liked the idea at first til people found out they wernt getting one and i just dont like looking exactly as the guy to my left its just lame and boring and just thought it would be cool to have an exclusive item that nobody else can get in the future.