PDA

View Full Version : Super fast fingers or not, then what is it

birdmasta
12-29-2011, 09:46 AM
In 26 pvp I play with my Mage twinkmanship, but there is some ppl at that lvl who can do their skills EXTREMELY fast. Idk how they do it but they just do it. I barely reach my 3rd skill and I'm dead. So I got some questions how they do that? And r devs gonna change?

Whirlzap
12-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Change what?
I think it's working perfectly fine.
Either you simply lag or have bad ping issues or you're still new to the jam-skills-to-win type of game:D

xbabybugszx
12-29-2011, 12:47 PM
I dont see any problem here and if you go to lvl35 pvp as voodoo, yuh will find so many fast fingered mages. Like my self, all you have to do is nuke as fast as you can. Most mages at 35 just do drain-light-fire as fast as they can, and hope they were quick enough. At 26 its a lil bit more difficult. If you die to quick, is probably because you have low armor, so get a armor ring that gives +7 or more armor. Try going half int/dex, to use dex helm and wing for the better armor. You will se improvement

CrimsonTider
12-29-2011, 01:02 PM
Experience is a huge factor as well. People who are new to pvp (even 2-3 months in) are going to have "problems" with those who have pvp'ed for over a year. Just don't let it get ya down and keep playing. Ask around enough and you will find a few great pvpers who will be more than happy to help ya. Good luck!

Swimmingstar
12-29-2011, 03:03 PM
I press skills too fast so I have to press skills twice for them to work. :p That's why people sometimes beat me.

Gaunab
12-29-2011, 03:11 PM
Speed (and the coordination with gcd) is one thing.

But also, these people just know their range perfectly, so they can start their combo a split second earlier.
If you start your combo once you are hit, it can often be too late...

To master this, and get to this speed, it just needs practice, practice, practice.
...and moderate ping ;)

Ixillicus
12-29-2011, 03:31 PM
It's about timing and precision, and ping. It takes a long time to master PVP timing and range. Even after a few months and you're feeling pretty good about your improvements, you're still only part of the way there.

Junside
12-29-2011, 03:38 PM
For me, there is an instance where I can click my next skill in the midst of GCD, and it's like a queue to commence right after the GCD has ended. Might be lag, but I have green ping. Other users have reported being able to do this.

Swimmingstar
12-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Speed (and the coordination with gcd) is one thing.

But also, these people just know their range perfectly, so they can start their combo a split second earlier.
If you start your combo once you are hit, it can often be too late...

To master this, and get to this speed, it just needs practice, practice, practice.
...and moderate ping ;)

I practice while walking to cs, lol.

FluffNStuff
12-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Ping issue. I have been lag spiked killed a lot in PVP. Just takes a little to throw off your timing cause you to miss a buff/heal.

AbsolutePally
12-29-2011, 05:13 PM
The use of computers may have an effect on the speed of a combo. However even if you are fast does not mean you hit the skills at the perfect time. The range is more important than the speed, plus the timing.
Practice on moving friends, attempt to hit them first at the furthest range possible. For example drain is 12m, so figure out where 12m is and work on hitting it on the go.

Whirlzap
12-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Well if you're pure INT, you know you gotta give it all or you're dead.
You have on chance. If you kill the enemy before they kill your extremely low Armor, you're good.
If not, you're dead.

Gracious
12-30-2011, 02:55 PM
I agree with absolutepally, range; 12m, 10m, 8m, etc., whether it be a skill or your weapon itself, is very crucial in pvp regardless of any pvp lvl.

birdmasta
12-30-2011, 06:34 PM
I agree with absolutepally, range; 12m, 10m, 8m, etc., whether it be a skill or your weapon itself, is very crucial in pvp regardless of any pvp lvl.

wrath im talkin about wontyee super ninja fingers and he owns me unbuffed:/