PDA

View Full Version : Higher damage or higher DPS for engi ?

Malerian
12-30-2011, 04:31 AM
Hello all,
I just bought a custom Aan's Embrace and considering trading it for a custom Chaos Breather, because only difference between the two is damage and speed.
With a custom Chaos breather, i win +3-6 base damage but lose 14 DPS compared with Aan's Embrace. Although, whith Chaos breather i get to carry an extra shield.
So, here's the probably obvious question : should i try to trade the embrace for a breather, or better to stick with it ?

Thanks in advance

javier995
12-30-2011, 04:36 AM
Depends on what you're going to do.

Pve I'd choose the gloves, pvp pistol and shield. Yet the pistol an shield also gives you a less 'squishy' feeling on the field.

Ultimately it's the choice whether you'll pvp or not, and if you're into pvping might as well try to get a pink l35 pistol.

Anishavie
12-30-2011, 06:26 AM
It also depends on ur style of play in pve

If u like style over stats and like killing emnmies faster then the gloves are for u,but if u want to not worry that much about
Ur deaths use the shield and a pistol or repeater.

Or if u like seeing a high number in red above the enemies heads then use a rifle. Overall two handed weapons are more stylish

Malerian
12-30-2011, 07:13 AM
Thanks for anwering you two.
As i forgot to say in my previous post, i tend to die fairly often, so i think i will go for the breather/shield over gloves or rifle.

Silentarrow
12-30-2011, 09:24 AM
As an engineer you should focus more on damage rather than DPS. Why? Because damage will increase the Damage of your heals and DoTs.

For PvP I reccomend you use a shield and a high damage weapon.

Kanozaki
12-30-2011, 01:15 PM
As the post says above , Higher base damage = Bigger Heals. That being said i Prefer using Pistol + shield.

Whirlzap
12-31-2011, 05:29 PM
Engineers are basically INT-type.
I would focus more on damage than DPS.

Ryeley
12-31-2011, 08:52 PM
It all really depends on how you really WANT to build your engi....but the bigger heals the better, It's what us engi's are for if we weren't we wouldnt have empathy or revive :star:

Teddyache
01-03-2012, 07:10 AM
I agree with everyone that damage > DPS for Engineer so the rifle or the pistol/shield for extra armor is the way to go. I want to add that you should factor in your implant. I use the damage implant for the same reasons: it raises my heals, skill damage and weapon damage. If you are using an armor implant, then use a rifle instead of a shield or consider switching to damage implant.

Anishavie
01-03-2012, 09:21 AM
I prefer using repeater and shield becuase
A shield is pretty useful when it comrs to farminf runs.

Why? Becuase u would want u gear fast right so shields prevent u dying more easily
Therefore wasting ur time

Luellasky
01-03-2012, 11:15 AM
In PvP DPS is more important, so i would use a pink pistol and a shield.... but in PvE, damage is more important so i would use the gloves(:

LelouchX
01-03-2012, 11:21 AM
damage all the way. more important to increase your damage bc it increased your skill base damage (green & red), which will help your heals, but more importantly for me, it increases the damage of my AoE skills which helps me jack aggro from coms ;-)