PDA

View Full Version : Don't Make Guilds Easy

Dizko
04-16-2010, 07:26 AM
Are you sick of these suggestion threads as much as I am?

Anyway I'll keep it as short as possible.

I just wanted to request that when the guild feature is implemented - that making one isn't as easy as creating a character. If it is too easy then creating/joining/owning a guild looses its appeal because every farmer and his gran will have one.

As an example - Yesterday a bunch of us from Legends (http://www.theappradar.com/) went to check out IMO (btw don't waste your time).
Anyway we went on and the first thing I did was look for the guild maker dude. I went up to him, asked for a guild, typed in 'Legends' - and that was it.

So I made the other guys officers and we started recruiting. It was rather hilarious. After 5-10minutes we had a guild completely full of 40 people. None above level 3.

The place was completely packed full of newbies running around with 'Legends' above their heads shouting "I can has gold plz?". After the lol'ing we realised just how ridiculous it was.

Yea so anyway the point I'm trying to make is that guilds are not fun, or important, or impressive when you can just sign on and instantly create a guild of 40 members.
So my request to SpaceTime is that they make it at least 'difficult' or make it so that a large amount of teamwork is required to make a guild. Perhaps a team quest.
A lone single player should not be able to come on and just start recruiting. He should have to make friends, get to know people, organise them - and then start a meaningful guild with them.

So weather its a team quest, a level requirement, a large fee; please make it a little difficult.

darrensmith016
04-16-2010, 07:39 AM
lol charge £1.19 to make a guild, or even charge a small amount to join a guild, least it will mean people wont make guilds willy nilly.. its really annoying when you see every guild name under the sun. Legends of Might, Legends of Love, Legends of Warrors etc etc.. least then guilds will mean something, and it wont be every dick dom and harry making and joining them making them totally pointless

SMELTN
04-16-2010, 09:50 AM
Guilds in WOW work the same way though. You can get anyone to sign your charter once you get it.... Same as with other games. I mean you could make it where each person who wants to be in the guild needs to pay gold to join, buts brings up a ton of problems, or you can make "guilds" a premium content feature meaning you have to pay to start or be in a guild. Other than that, there is no true way of making it "uneasy" to be in a guild.

Dizko
04-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Not IN a guild. MAKING a guild.

FeralDruid
04-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Making a guild in any game is easy. /w dizko hey, sign my charter, i'll give you 20g.

darrensmith016
04-16-2010, 11:20 AM
i think dizko is meaning making it more difficult to create a guild, maybe even the guild needs to accepted by the DEV team.

FeralDruid
04-16-2010, 11:24 AM
i think dizko is meaning making it more difficult to create a guild, maybe even the guild needs to accepted by the DEV team.

That would not be a good thing. Dev is best hitting milestones, not managing guilds. Thats what filters are for, just like the ones used for creating character names. There is no point in making a guild "hard" to make, who cares if 40 noobs are running around with a guild name? Townes cap out at 25, and people are going to create their own towne instances to be with guildies anyway.

Jamie
04-16-2010, 11:28 AM
It was far too easy on IMO, I made a guild in about 3 seconds flat, Then abandoned it - made another, 5 minutes later wanted to change it's name and made yet another guild. It was about as easy as buying potions on this game from the shop lol. If guilds cost 10,000 gold to create then once you make one, you can't quit it and remake another for 24 hours or something it would cut down on huge numbers of throwaway guilds being created constantly. Also again, Charging you 10,000 to make the second one.

Flamin
04-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Players should have to be a really high level and pay like $4.99 and about 3000 gold to make a guild, because this way there won't be a million different guilds. but joining a guild should be free, and the leader of the guild or an officer of the guild should have to to confirm requests that players send if they want to join that guild. And there should be a guild chat too. Mentioning chats, I would like to see a trade chat, a wisper chat, a advice chat/Q&A/help chat, and a few others too, if you have anymore ideas related to any of this post please post them here and on my thread.

Banned
04-16-2010, 04:43 PM
That is a really bad idea Flamin. I can't even find one good thing out of that. The charging for it thing I mean.

Xervitude
04-16-2010, 04:50 PM
^I think his intention was just that it would prove you are serious about running the guild and not just a schmuck wasting peoples time. However, I agree, probably not a good idea to charge for guild creation. However if and when guilds and pvp are around, it would be cool to have rankings based on guild number of players, average level, total number of kills, pvp stats and stats like that =)

Garrison
04-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Here's an idea: have guilds work how they would in real life.

Anyone can create a guild, quick and easy for free, and permission must be given by the guild creator to join. The guild can decide for itself what requirements membership should have (perhaps share a common goal, a current member must vouch for new hopefuls, or perhaps even an application...or a bribe, of course).

If the guild has a reason to exist and its members care about it as a guild, then as they operate in the game their name will become well known and prestigeous. That's the only time I can see being part of a guild as advantageous. But I don't see that happening. As it is, most guild names are just annoying text taking up more screen space. I really don't understand the appeal of guilds. Just another example of people harping after titles as some vague measure of worth and acceptance, I suppose.

Flamin
04-16-2010, 05:34 PM
That is a really bad idea Flamin. I can't even find one good thing out of that. The charging for it thing I mean.

Player should have to be a really high level and pay like $4.99 and about 3000 gold to make a guild, BECAUSE this way there won't be a million different guilds.

sephirium
04-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Are you sick of these suggestion threads as much as I am?

Ok IMO suggestion threads are great in trying to establish a lasting bond between the game and players, it gives them the feel that they have a part in making a game that they love even better.

Also Guild in this game right now would be rather useless considering that there is no real end game content or Real Comradeship in this game thus far, so far ive played over 15 hours and made only 1 real friend whom i would play with again, the game is too random at this point to even think about having a guild function.

when Spacetime implements more stuff such as free roaming the world and having a giant server to host this giant world that they plan on making then maybe just maybe a guild function would be benificial. but for right now most games are randomized and you run into alot of different players without even speaking a word.

mind that this is my opinion and it really means nothing but i believe there are more important fundamentals that need to be worked out such as making gameplay non-linear and creating a free roam environment ala Ruinscape and or wow to truly make this a MMO RPG. A MMO needs quests as well as rewards for doing them, also a mmo needs diversity to suit many different gamers.

sephirium
04-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Player should have to be a really high level and pay like $4.99 and about 3000 gold to make a guild, BECAUSE this way there won't be a million different guilds.

Flamin i believe that that would be a tremendous idea after they work out the fundamental gameplay and world issues.

Flamin
04-16-2010, 06:19 PM
Also Guild in this game right now would be rather useless considering that there is no real end game content or Real Comradeship in this game thus far, so far ive played over 15 hours and made only 1 real friend whom i would play with again, the game is too random at this point to even think about having a guild function.

when Spacetime implements more stuff such as free roaming the world and having a giant server to host this giant world that they plan on making then maybe just maybe a guild function would be benificial. but for right now most games are randomized and you run into alot of different players without even speaking a word.

mind that this is my opinion and it really means nothing but i believe there are more important fundamentals that need to be worked out such as making gameplay non-linear and creating a free roam environment ala Ruinscape and or wow to truly make this a MMO RPG. A MMO needs quests as well as rewards for doing them, also a mmo needs diversity to suit many different gamers.

"Players should have to be a really high level and pay like $4.99 and about 3000 gold to make a guild, BECAUSE this way there won't be a million different guilds."

Flamin i believe that that would be a tremendous idea after they work out the fundamental gameplay and world issues.

I agree with all of this, especially a free roam world and quests.

Buvet
04-16-2010, 07:41 PM
I would never pay real money to make an in-game guild. I would much rather pay even 20k gp to make it.

I agree that it shouldn't be easy to make a guild; in EO you had to have 10 prospective members with you to make the guild.

Morlok
04-16-2010, 07:43 PM
I agree with Diz, it should be way more serious than just making one whenever you want.