PDA

View Full Version : Orcish vs. Launcher/Duckfoot

maneatingtree
12-30-2011, 05:12 PM
So i was in pvp (lvl 10) and was using random weapons and noticed something. When you use a pink launcher non buffed it does way more than an orcish bow. But when you are buffed Orcish does a bit more damage. I will forever use my pink launcher but i found this kind of interesting because before i always used orcish just as a dor show weapon.

This is only for bears!

javier995
12-30-2011, 05:25 PM
Give me your bow then!

I kid I kid.

Thanks for the tip!

Elyseon
12-30-2011, 05:30 PM
probably because of the firing speed

JaytB
12-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Don't mean to be rude or anything, but I have a hard time believing these 'results'.

As far as I know, snowball gives a bit higher skill dmg and base min/max dmg. Using a dmg increasing buff (I suppose you're talking about rage here), just increases your dmg for a specific amount, and is independent of weapon dmg. So basically, rage shouldn't affect the base dmg a weapon deals.

Your results could be because you got 'lucky' in dealing in the higher dmg ranges with the bow, instead of the lower dmg ranges when you tested the gun.

Maybe I'm overlooking something, but at the moment it just doesn't seem right to me.

Nick41324
12-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Duckfoot/snowball launcher both have .7 speed and a orcish has .6

From what I remember...

JaytB
12-30-2011, 06:10 PM
Duckfoot/snowball launcher both have .7 speed and a orcish has .6

From what I remember...

True, but as far as I remember dps stays about the same. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but he was talking about dmg numbers (red/orange numbers above enemies). I don't see how these numbers could be higher on average, buffed or unbuffed, with the bow.

SUPAPRODIGY
12-30-2011, 06:11 PM
so it has to be pink? what about blue compare that.

Elyseon
12-30-2011, 06:27 PM
when u buff as a bear the damage increases a constant amount, but the dps will buff even higher if the weapon speed is faster

maneatingtree
12-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Srry for not being cleat jay i meant the dps. I did not start observing the damage being done srry :)

maneatingtree
12-30-2011, 07:11 PM
so it has to be pink? what about blue compare that.

Blue?

Elyseon
12-30-2011, 07:26 PM
Maybe the blue one, goes in the vanity weapo slot that im missing

Drekkthar
12-31-2011, 02:02 AM
interesting id still use the launcher anyhow. just use the xbow and kite :p

JaytB
12-31-2011, 03:36 AM
Srry for not being cleat jay i meant the dps. I did not start observing the damage being done srry :)

My bad for assuming you were talking about dmg numbers :)

The higher your enemy's armor, the more important you base dmg will be compared to your dps. So yeah, if enemies would have very low armor, you'll benefit more from a higher dps as compared to higher base dmg. For boss kills in pve though, higher base dmg (and skill dmg) is generally more important as compared to dps, since bosses tend to have higher armor ratings. Also, the duckfoot has a possibility to proc freeze on its target. This allows you to perform the freeze-stomp combo, which deals a fairly high amount of dmg. That's not possible with the bow.

So yeah, for enemies with very low armor, your observation should be correct. For boss kills, the launcher should feel more powerful though.