PDA

View Full Version : wow this was a little shocking..

razerfingers
12-30-2011, 05:22 PM
so im making a twink bear lvl 10 its lvl 9 atm but i was in a eun we were doing good then all or a sudden whn the lvl 15 starts to help the lvl 12 says "do i have to pay to stay" it made me tihink.. why would someone charge you to stay in their game.

Draopwnzall
12-30-2011, 05:24 PM
so im making a twink bear lvl 10 its lvl 9 atm but i was in a eun we were doing good then all or a sudden whn the lvl 15 starts to help the lvl 12 says "do i have to pay to stay" it made me tihink.. why would someone charge you to stay in their game.

Interesting, maybe that player has been having to pay to stay in a game by other players...

razerfingers
12-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Interesting, maybe that player has been having to pay to stay in a game by other players...
i just thought it was kind of taking advantage of lower players

KingFu
12-30-2011, 05:35 PM
Lots of people do it, it's pretty sad. It's a bannable offense since it's ruining peoples' gaming experiences. I've been in a couple instances while leveling alts where people tell me to pay or be booted, I just screenshot and move on. Some people don't realize their game isn't the only one.

razerfingers
12-30-2011, 05:44 PM
yeah, i just thought it was weird because back when i started nobody did that. but i think there was still power lvling

Montanabro
12-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Lots of people do it, it's pretty sad. It's a bannable offense since it's ruining peoples' gaming experiences. I've been in a couple instances while leveling alts where people tell me to pay or be booted, I just screenshot and move on. Some people don't realize their game isn't the only one.

It's really bannable? No question that activity is unsavory to some and can be abused, but if a weaker player wishes to pay ingame currency to level quickly, learn from others, etc., why would we prevent it? It is permitted to require elixirs to be in a game; this doesn't seem too many steps removed from that.

Whirlzap
12-30-2011, 06:36 PM
I don't think it's bannable because there's no offense towards the victim.
It could just be some friends wanting to be alone.
Anyways, it would be considered an offense if the person booted you with a offensive reason.

razerfingers
12-30-2011, 06:42 PM
if you arnt using elixirs power lvling is frowned appon even though elixirs is powerr lvling atleast your lvling and getting kills up so it doesnt appear that you power lvled in a way.. thats my opinon

javier995
12-30-2011, 06:47 PM
Eh many people do that. I've seen it quite a lot in PL, heck I even payed someone to lvl me when I was lvl30. Just never seen it in SL.

Yea it shouldn't be bannable, nothing is really bad from paying. It would be a better idea to lock the games tho, thus avoiding 'unnecessary' people who join.

It's basically having an enhancer that can fight along side you, in my eyes that's how I see it. Lol

saool
12-30-2011, 06:58 PM
SMH... when people offer me gold (unless it's a trade/buy/sale) I always say "I do NOT take gold." And I also advice that they don't power level sooooo they can learn their class. Sad but it happens... :p

javier995
12-30-2011, 07:02 PM
SMH... when people offer me gold (unless it's a trade/buy/sale) I always say "I do NOT take gold." And I also advice that they don't power level sooooo they can learn their class. Sad but it happens... :p

Happens a lot. My excuse was being absent for three days and needing to catch up to my friends, thus I was lvled from 33-38 in 3 hours or so. No elixirs and it was during summer, so lots of xp. After that I said I'd never pay to be powerlvld, on SL I was powerlvld on my engi from 11-12, lol.

Tortega
12-31-2011, 01:28 AM
I think it's wrong to gt paid to run in a dung u r already running anyway.. Makes no sense at all to charge someone who joins ur games that's just rude n totally uncalled for. Today I ran a dungeon that I dislike (nuri haunted symphony) started helping a guild member. then I stayed n helped ppl I didn't even hv on my friends list for almost an hour, no charge. they were all very nice n it felt great to help them out.. There r still players out there that appreciate the help n ppl willing to help without charging for that help.. Sum ppl need to learn kindness I guess. Just my opinion :-)

javier995
12-31-2011, 01:47 AM
I think it's wrong to gt paid to run in a dung u r already running anyway.. Makes no sense at all to charge someone who joins ur games that's just rude n totally uncalled for. Today I ran a dungeon that I dislike (nuri haunted symphony) started helping a guild member. then I stayed n helped ppl I didn't even hv on my friends list for almost an hour, no charge. they were all very nice n it felt great to help them out.. There r still players out there that appreciate the help n ppl willing to help without charging for that help.. Sum ppl need to learn kindness I guess. Just my opinion :-)

Ma'am/sir,

We are speaking of a different type of paying then what you speak of.

The type in which we speak is called power leveling. In which a higher level character kills everything for a lower level character so (s)he can level up quicker. Hence to 'power' in the name.

Paying to be power leveled isn't the way you see it, as it seems from your post. While you do have some valid points for people to help level and not charge, it's still considered power leveling if you do so until the 'client' is a desired level. Now let me get back to the topic sentence of this paragraph. A lower level pays a higher level to power level them. If someone where to join their game, they'd be getting this service free while the other is paying. Which is why they say, "Pay or get out!"

I hope that clears up any confusion you had.

Even tho it's 'bad' to do this, people still do it. I think you're very kind for what you did with your guildee at RSB, but not all think the same. If the 'higher' levels (I say higher level bc they are usually the ones power leveling) wouldn't care about payment, that'd be nicer. I for one like to give out pointers here and there, and also help out just like you. It's just that, well, that's me and they're themselves. Thus we think differently, and we probably can't make them stop. It's a business in a way, and they want to make their money.

I hope you continue to be as kind as that hour you spent helping others, for that I thank you.

KTpantyhose
12-31-2011, 01:54 PM
i find it appalling when people ask for money just to help. makes me kind of sad :(

Otukura
12-31-2011, 02:18 PM
"rev"
"for your bow"
Banned?

saool
12-31-2011, 02:24 PM

Happens a lot. My excuse was being absent for three days and needing to catch up to my friends, thus I was lvled from 33-38 in 3 hours or so. No elixirs and it was during summer, so lots of xp. After that I said I'd never pay to be powerlvld, on SL I was powerlvld on my engi from 11-12, lol.

Only difference you probably already knew your class...I've seen new players asking to be leveled in Forest Haven Elementary lololol

Then again you can tell if it's a noob or experienced player based on gear and the way they present themselves lol