PDA

View Full Version : which gear are better? plat or custom?

Exqlusive
12-30-2011, 06:36 PM
Hi everyone..sry when the Same post exist i had no time to look for hours..
Dodge are important? I always lose with my eng in pvp..i waer atm custom but lots of attacks fail..why?
Thx for help

BodMaster
12-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Hi everyone..sry when the Same post exist i had no time to look for hours..
Dodge are important? I always lose with my eng in pvp..i waer atm custom but lots of attacks fail..why?
Thx for help

If you want a fighting chance as an engi, read Morfic's PvP build/guide in PvP section ;)

Most healing skills are no use, they have bugs/glitches that also heal the enemy. (TBA on patch in future)

Exqlusive
12-30-2011, 06:46 PM
Oh thx bro :) usually you can post link?

BodMaster
12-30-2011, 06:51 PM
Oh thx bro :) usually you can post link?

Not usually, but since you asked here it is :)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?45969-Give-Your-All!-(Morfic-s-Guide-to-Engineer-PvP)

Anishavie
12-30-2011, 10:06 PM
The customs are actually just a little different then normal just pretty much the color is different

And customs also mark ur symbol of wealth

BodMaster
12-30-2011, 10:44 PM
The customs are actually just a little different then normal just pretty much the color is different

And customs also mark ur symbol of wealth

Custom V Plat? :/

javier995
12-30-2011, 11:00 PM
I heard from many pvpers, that custom is better this time. Thus making it best for pvp, is this true?

Anishavie
12-31-2011, 12:50 AM
I think plat armor still has more dodge

Challa
12-31-2011, 05:25 AM
I prefer custom, but you can get very high dodge with plat gear, so its useful when fighting comms in PvP. Well at least that's what I use it for.

Anishavie
12-31-2011, 05:28 AM
If u do not agree with this statement then... Well u will agree

I think we all know the best set is having all the sets
Even the sets u can't use

Hans
12-31-2011, 06:08 AM
For PvE I use full Customgear because i make the most dmg with it.
For PvP I use for my Operative a mix between Custom and Platgear.

Platgear = more Dodge
Customgear = more Damage

If you dont play PvP get the Set from Volaria and push it to Custom, I think thats the best choose for you.
Platgear for Operative is misguided because you are no tank class, you are a damagedealer.
When you are solofarming with a Operative than platgear is realy good to avoid damage!

I dont know which class you play, tell us which one for a better description.

Anishavie
12-31-2011, 10:05 AM
I play engi and my advice for engis are IF U DO NOT LIKE THE FEELONG OF DYING THEN DO NOT I MEAN DO NOT PLAY PVP

BodMaster
12-31-2011, 10:21 AM
I play engi and my advice for engis are IF U DO NOT LIKE THE FEELONG OF DYING THEN DO NOT I MEAN DO NOT PLAY PVP

Or change the tides slightly, by knowing your class from head to toe, and working out the best way to stop dying as much. As soon as STS fix the bugs with Engi i believe they will become a formidable opponent.

Anishavie
12-31-2011, 10:30 AM
But for engi to become a formidable opponent they have to spend much MUCH much more efforts than comms and ops
And they have to know and practice the strategy for engis

I agree with ur statement though

BodMaster
12-31-2011, 11:23 AM
But for engi to become a formidable opponent they have to spend much MUCH much more efforts than comms and ops
And they have to know and practice the strategy for engis

Agreed too, atm yes they have to be willing to go beyond the normal effort, of a com/op. But after fixes i do think they will become one to watch out for. Same as any class tho if you dont know how to play them/what your skills mean/do etc you have no chance.