PDA

View Full Version : Which Class is Best? You Choose

Zolum
12-30-2011, 10:52 PM
Which class do you think is best? Please state if you think that a certain class is best at pve or pvp. I think we will get many different answers, because everyone has an opinion. I value your opinion, so please say what you truely think. I personally think that commandos are best in pve if they are soloing, but in a group I think engineers are the most effective towards the team. In pvp I think that opperatives and engineers are at a draw when soloing. To see which is better, you need an opperative and an engineer at lvl 15. They both need good builds and great gear. I will test this out soon. In group pvp I think that commandos do best. Sure engineers heal, but commandos take out the enemies fast. Really, pvp and pve takes group effort, but I believe that there is a top class in every scenario. I do not dislike any class, but some do better than others in different situations.

My signature is down for maintenance sorry :)

Zolum: (Opperative) Level 35 PVE (Got late start at new cap)
Brisk: (Engineer) Level 15 PVP Droid
Sultanz: (Commando) Level 15 PVP Droid
Strausimus: (Engineer) Level 5 Farmer

Buffedbear Pl
12-30-2011, 10:53 PM
Eh I personally prefer an engineer. For PvE and PvP, I love being the support class. It feels good to keep people alive.

Katy
12-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Personally, I love the Commando class IMO as it's my class. I love the armor this class has once starts to reach the levels 25-35, Sandstorm and Titan-tech.

Blind
12-30-2011, 11:02 PM
Pve - mobs = commando
Pve - boss = operative
Pvp - commando and operative

Engineers suck. You only need 1 in a pve run for revives. Not for heals. Heals won't save you. Stims do.

In pvp, engineer might only be useful on ctf for revives.

Zolum
12-30-2011, 11:15 PM
Yes the revives are good, but in solo pvp, heals can keep you in a lot longer. If you are level 15, there are 2 heals for the engineer. Opps are pretty good to, but you need a solid build. I would also say that commandos are best for the boss. In most situations that i am in, during boss fights the commando takes hits while being healed by the engineers. The opperatives then step up and fight. So really i think commandos are best in boss battles. And by the way, stims can't save you in ant pvp games, heals do.

javier995
12-30-2011, 11:15 PM
A commando. Nuff said :p

(Put what everyone else says about how coms are the best here).

Blind
12-30-2011, 11:39 PM
Yes the revives are good, but in solo pvp, heals can keep you in a lot longer. If you are level 15, there are 2 heals for the engineer. Opps are pretty good to, but you need a solid build. I would also say that commandos are best for the boss. In most situations that i am in, during boss fights the commando takes hits while being healed by the engineers. The opperatives then step up and fight. So really i think commandos are best in boss battles. And by the way, stims can't save you in ant pvp games, heals do.
What you just wrote is bs mate.

1 Engineers will get taken down by an op or commando most of the time and heals won't help.

2 Heals are for cheap people who are scared to waste a stim or two.

3 operatives are better for bosses because they have armor debuff, hit and crit debuff,almost all skills are pure damage single target, fast recharges. Basically DPS.

4 um, who said that u can use stims in pvp? I never did. And btw heals still won't save u.

Katy
12-30-2011, 11:39 PM
You know you can't resist this armor <3

Garvhoz
12-30-2011, 11:53 PM
For PvP-solo I would say comms because the commando has a high armor value and those incredible self-buffs that increase armor and crit making them hard to kill

For PvE-mob I would say engis cause they heal the group and rev them, as well as other buffs that the team can benefit from

For PvP-FFA I would say the engi because they can heal and buff up their team mates to beat the other team

For PvE-boss I would say the comm because they have their taunt skills keeping the boss's attention on them making sure that the op(s) can do their damage, and so the engi(es) can group buff and heal making the comm a near neccesity for fighting bosses

Zolum
12-31-2011, 12:11 AM
Ok try using stim packs during pvp. You will find out how to do it after unicorns fly to the sun. Oh yeah, try fighting miner mcgirk with all opps. You will die because you have no heals or revives. Commandos take hits and fight back. Operatives fight all they can. Engineers stay back, heal, revive and shoot. That is how it works. And stim is not always the best. They cost money you know, but u are Mr. millionaire huh. Operatives are good, but burn stim like crazy, I would know. I level using an opp. I bet u use an opp so you are biased towards them. Yes biased, just look it up. I started this thread for opinion and elaboration, not a fight. So don’t call my post bs. Move on. Say your opinion and leave it. Make suggestions, not threats. That is what forums are for. Good day Blind!

Blind
12-31-2011, 12:17 AM
bah, pls quit this 'opinion' crap, i'm fed up with this. I just pointed out that you are wrong, because someone might read it and believe you.

btw i have all 3 classes so i'm totaly unbiased.

javier995
12-31-2011, 12:21 AM
Breaking news!

A unicorn has just reached the sun! This making it the first unicorn to flu to the sun!

Can I use atoms in pvp now?:)

Oh yea. You don't fight Miner McGuirk, you run around in circles and let the fatso get mad stomp the ground and then rocks from rockfall caves kill him!:D

Blind
12-31-2011, 12:23 AM
For PvP-solo I would say comms because the commando has a high armor value and those incredible self-buffs that increase armor and crit making them hard to kill

yeah, commando or op

For PvE-mob I would say engis cause they heal the group and rev them, as well as other buffs that the team can benefit from

commando for mobs due to aoe high damage skills

For PvP-FFA I would say the engi because they can heal and buff up their team mates to beat the other team

commando for ffa, for same reason as pve mobs

For PvE-boss I would say the comm because they have their taunt skills keeping the boss's attention on them making sure that the op(s) can do their damage, and so the engi(es) can group buff and heal making the comm a near neccesity for fighting bosses

ops will always kill a boss faster

my answers r in between the statements withitn the quote ^

Zolum
12-31-2011, 12:23 AM
I am completely fine with your point but bs was unnessairy. Say your point and be done. Don't insult! Just because you have 3 classes does not make you unbiased. Let's stop hear, unless you have more insults. Go ahead, I don't care. If you cuss at me I won't cuss back! I am a clean player, but you must not be. Insult me if you must, just think before you insult. There is a little ,essage for you. No one likes being yelled at. I stated m opinion and that is all. I hopeyou are happy with your words toward me.

Blind
12-31-2011, 12:39 AM
sensitive guy. ok i got it. not gonna say anything else.

Zolum
12-31-2011, 12:43 AM
I really am not that sensitive. Us christians don't say that other peoples opinions are bs/crap thats all.

Anishavie
12-31-2011, 12:54 AM
Pve - mobs = commando
Pve - boss = operative
Pvp - commando and operative

Engineers suck. You only need 1 in a pve run for revives. Not for heals. Heals won't save you. Stims do.

In pvp, engineer might only be useful on ctf for revives.

Heals do save u

What if ur an op and ur poor and have no stims and suddenly u have super low health
Then suddenly the engi casts transferce then ur health is full again. U must worship the transference

Engis are not as good but the thing is u can't live litterally without the engi

But that is my opinion everyone has opinions

Zolum
12-31-2011, 01:05 AM
Heals do save u

What if ur an op and ur poor and have no stims and suddenly u have super low health
Then suddenly the engi casts transferce then ur health is full again. U must worship the transference

Engis are not as good but the thing is u can't live litterally without the engi

But that is my opinion everyone has opinions
I like it and I agree 100%

Mystery Man
12-31-2011, 01:45 AM
PVP solo : Operatives/Engineer
PVP group: Engineers
PVE solo: Commandos
PVE group: Engineers
Boss: Commandos AND Operative Duo

This is my opinion,I am open to anyone else replying to this

Zolum
12-31-2011, 01:48 AM

That is what I thought too. I mean exactly what I thought! Thanks for the post dude.

javier995
12-31-2011, 01:50 AM

I am a bit confused. By what you say, it seems commandos can't solo in pvp? If so, care to explain if it's 1v1 or a group?

Mystery Man
12-31-2011, 01:52 AM
Guess we think alike! Friend me ok.

Zolum
12-31-2011, 01:58 AM
I anyone has a private message about this topic I will be happy to read it. PM me. :)

javier995
12-31-2011, 02:04 AM
I anyone has a private message about this topic I will be happy to read it. PM me. :)

I want to know why you and mystery man don't think a com can solo in pvp:p. Don't know what I mean by solo? Check my above post^

Zolum
12-31-2011, 02:05 AM
I am a bit confused. By what you say, it seems commandos can't solo in pvp? If so, care to explain if it's 1v1 or a group?

Oh Javier I mean solo in group matches. Commandos stay back and protect the flag when opps and engineers try to score. This is my personal strategy. Commandos try hold out long enough to warn the group of flag attacks. Engineers and opps do hit and run when ctf soloing. Commandos defend and opps and engineers do the scoring. I like it best this way, but commandos can still score if they want. I hope that answers your question. Any more questions? I will be happy to answer them.

Mystery Man
12-31-2011, 02:08 AM
uh I think that question was intended for me but whatevs.

Zolum
12-31-2011, 02:11 AM
Oh sorry, I thought it was for me. I should have read over it better. :(

javier995
12-31-2011, 02:13 AM
@Zolu Oic I see now, I thought you meant like 1v1 pvp. CTF is huge difference tho, yea I agree with your point.

@Mystery Man You took too long to reply bud:p

Mystery Man
12-31-2011, 02:14 AM
I want to know why you and mystery man don't think a com can solo in pvp:p. Don't know what I mean by solo? Check my above post^

I just think that opps and engineers work better in a group. I have not done pvp very much though. Hope that answers everythang.

Anishavie
12-31-2011, 03:00 AM
Engis will get destroyed in pvp

But if ur an engi and u want to do better in pvp then

Get all plat gear get a pvp build and go pvping and gain some experience thats the only way engis can play pvp

Cocoabunny
12-31-2011, 03:45 AM
i think engineer since its only class that can heal but other classes are ok

Anishavie
12-31-2011, 05:13 AM

Engineers will get much more deaths then kills in pvp. The only kills engis get from pvp are from killing engis

Announcement: for all the engis out there if u like pvp don't choose engi
What do u mean engineer is good in pvp group that makes no sense
The engis empathy in pvp heals like 15 per Rick and transference heals the enemy
The engis will get killed first and nobody will get buffs

Challa
12-31-2011, 05:31 AM
Opetative all the way.

Kakatoa91
12-31-2011, 06:15 AM
If we consider each class with good gear and skills.

In pvp as 1vs1,
engie r the weakest at all lvl.
Only at cap lvl, there are very very few engies who 'master' pvp and can challenge good players of other classes.
Ops rule pretty much other classes (hit, crit, dmg) till ~lvl 35 where Coms start gettin real tougher and get upper hand till cap.

In team pvp, ffa or ctf,
Most important thing are your partners and how u and them play together and bully your opponents to get the most kills in pvp or catching the flag and protecting the flagbearer.
At lvl 20 under, if u r not a good Op then you r just farm kill.
At higher and cap lvl, the fights r tougher in general and much more exciting. Class difference are less problematic than at lower lvl.

In pve,
any class can solo any map as long u have plenty stim and power and know how to play the map. Engie being the one wasting less stims.
About boss, at same lvl range u can solo any little boss. Just final bosses from numa, sloucho, shipy (mf the trickiest coz of console) and voleria are hard as long u are ready to waste lots of stim and time coz they got lots of health.
In team, the base should be 1 of each class (1 engie, com, op) then add 2 ops, all friends and good players, for comfortable fun fast run on any maps.

There are no best class imo, just favourite.
But there are facts that some do better in certain situation or at some lvls.

The choice of class in SL is poor. At least in PL we could do hybrids. Here we are stuck within our class.

KingFu
12-31-2011, 06:21 AM
I'm surprised the oyster guy is yet to pop into this thread:p

Hans
12-31-2011, 06:23 AM
Every class have his advantages and disadvantages.

Try out different classes and find out which class you like better to play with.

My favorites are Operative and Commando but believe me if you play a longer time you have all 3 classes on maxlevel.

Also start with the class you like best and which is likeable for you.

Anishavie
12-31-2011, 10:08 AM
No class is better than the other. The classes that are good for u WILL BE DECIDED by

Ur style of play, ur personality, ur preference of style, and what u like to do.

Think before u choose which class to play as and if u don't u WILL regret it

Zolum
12-31-2011, 12:41 PM
To: Kakatoa91

About the stim. what you said is true, but stim can get expensive when you play a lot

I like all these posts, spread the news around. I want to hear more! I like everyones reasons for class fave.

Buffedbear Pl
12-31-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm surprised the oyster guy is yet to pop into this thread:p

Oysters only exist in Pocket Legends not Star Legends you silly goose :encouragement:

Zolum
12-31-2011, 02:57 PM
Every class have his advantages and disadvantages.

Try out different classes and find out which class you like better to play with.

My favorites are Operative and Commando but believe me if you play a longer time you have all 3 classes on maxlevel.

Also start with the class you like best and which is likeable for you.

Very true statement. I would like everyone to notice something though. We can all get an experts opinion. When you go to make a new character, you have to scroll through the classes. When you do that, there is a character explaination shown. Try it out. It says the specialties of each class. This should answer a lot of questions

Mystery Man
01-01-2012, 07:08 PM
I see what you mean, but I still stay with I said.

Zolum
01-02-2012, 09:17 PM
I found out that operatives are best in solo pvp. I tested it. Opps own.

trixie
01-03-2012, 12:36 AM
I haven't pvpd alot so I can't answer for that, but as far as over I like commando. I like the fact that I am able to solo just about any board with my commando. I can also clear it much quicker with it.

I have played with some engis that can tank with the best of them, so any class can be customized to your playing style.

I do also have one of each class so I can see the benefits of the others, but commando is my choice. :)

javier995
01-03-2012, 12:46 AM
I found out that operatives are best in solo pvp. I tested it. Opps own.

1v1?2v1?3v1? Solo what?

Quueri
01-03-2012, 01:55 AM
Ill have to say op because their high dps

LelouchX
01-03-2012, 03:18 AM
I love seeing threads full of engi haters.....(EDIT: sry, not everyone here is an "engi hater," but i feel they are under valued by many) come run with newt and I'll show u why u should worship engi. bring ur op and 3 more of your op buddies, and when none of u die and I tank, tell me how much engis suck. the key to any class dominating PvE is the player and the build behind it. people who say engis are weak are people who aren't engi mains. u can build ur engi for damage easily, with three dots, 2 AoEs, and the ability to stun ur targets, a player who likes to think and strategize instead of just "shoot 'em up" is the ultimate engi.

Garvhoz
01-03-2012, 04:08 AM
I love seeing threads full of engi haters.....(EDIT: sry, not everyone here is an "engi hater," but i feel they are under valued by many) come run with newt and I'll show u why u should worship engi. bring ur op and 3 more of your op buddies, and when none of u die and I tank, tell me how much engis suck. the key to any class dominating PvE is the player and the build behind it. people who say engis are weak are people who aren't engi mains. u can build ur engi for damage easily, with three dots, 2 AoEs, and the ability to stun ur targets, a player who likes to think and strategize instead of just "shoot 'em up" is the ultimate engi.

Yeah exactly, there are some engis out there that can destroy you in PvP with their strategy, there are also engis that can tank harder and hold aggro longer than most comms and still live to be worshipped. Its all about the stratgey man, everything has always been about strategy

saiyen
01-03-2012, 06:44 AM
Eng

LelouchX
01-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Yeah exactly, there are some engis out there that can destroy you in PvP with their strategy, there are also engis that can tank harder and hold aggro longer than most comms and still live to be worshipped. Its all about the stratgey man, everything has always been about strategy
Well, i avoid PvP due to nerfed skills and the immaturity of half the people i have played against, but i'm happy to run newt with anyone that thinks engis aren't essential to the group. But if you bring your com, don't yell at me when i take all the aggro ;-)

Zolum
01-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Ops do good in solo 1 on 1 pvp. In groups, we shoot em up and go on to the next one. It is pretty fun. Ops do fine in group PVE. But commandos solo the best!

ThisGuy0502
01-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Iight for pve commando all the way cuz they have aoe push back and I love that.. Plus all the extra health and def.. and for pvp leh go engineers bcuz they have dot and heal which is the best combination imo

Imma be real.. Ops are horrible yeah they do dmg but one good crit , bye bye op

Zolum
01-06-2012, 07:53 PM
I disagree, don't judge a class in pvp until u make one yourself. Just saying.

ThisGuy0502
01-06-2012, 08:12 PM
I disagree, don't judge a class in pvp until u make one yourself. Just saying.

Pve is even worse.. U always have to have O.D. Stims with u all the time at an estimate I always use about 50+ stims every run.. Well unless of corse ur doing fast runs..

Imo Ops r bad point blank

Zolum
01-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Ops are very good in pvp. Just make a lvl 15 op droid. Try it out. U will not be disappointed.

ThisGuy0502
01-07-2012, 08:18 PM
Ops are very good in pvp. Just make a lvl 15 op droid. Try it out. U will not be disappointed.

Haha ur right lvl 15 ops are good but if u a smart engi and have force shield at max, ops stand no chance.. But other then that there pretty good

Ardon
01-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Pve is even worse.. U always have to have O.D. Stims with u all the time at an estimate I always use about 50+ stims every run.. Well unless of corse ur doing fast runs..

Imo Ops r bad point blank

Lol 50 stims a run.
I'm an op that uses duals and ivdint even use that much

Have you ever played as an Op?
Not just played, but actually taken a deep insight and use an Op to the max.

Sure you can do maps without Ops and they're not as important as an eng or com. But you can aldo say engs and Coms aren't really needed either.

As for Pvp. Go against the good ops out there at any lvl. Ops are a formidable force. Engs not much right now since some of their skills are broken.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Buffedbear Pl
01-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Haha ur right lvl 15 ops are good but if u a smart engi and have force shield at max, ops stand no chance.. But other then that there pretty good

Ops can pop a force shield in two seconds. Amp pain and a simple mind wrack should do it..., if not then the ops auto should finish it.

akfury
01-07-2012, 09:37 PM
i love my engineer, im always a healer in any mmo, the class is decent at pve not so great at pvp but i strive to be great and put up a fight

engineer is my favorite to the end... although i dont have a high level op or comm

ThisGuy0502
01-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Ops can pop a force shield in two seconds. Amp pain and a simple mind wrack should do it..., if not then the ops auto should finish it.

So ur telling me 2 skills of an op does 75 dmg if not more in pvp?? bull poop that's not possible for a lvl 15 op.

Buffedbear Pl
01-10-2012, 08:12 PM
So ur telling me 2 skills of an op does 75 dmg if not more in pvp?? bull poop that's not possible for a lvl 15 op.

Amp. pain's armor debuff plus the crit boost with a mind wrack should do it, combined with the ops auto then yeah, it's possible. Feel free to disagree but I've done it before.

Rap2xLim
01-11-2012, 02:54 AM
All your sl characters are level 15?

Zolum
01-13-2012, 07:35 PM
I agree dude. Ops get in some quick high damage hits. If u think that a lvl 15 engi can be a lvl 15 op then u need to think again. I beat engis all the time. All they can do is team me. They just stand back and heal the group. They are pretty weak, but there are some good ones out there.

Cahaun
01-13-2012, 07:54 PM
All your sl characters are level 15?
They are talking about lvl 15 ops. No I doubt it.

Zolum
01-21-2012, 01:42 AM
yeah lvl 15 is the way to go. Join my guild if u have a lvl 15 droid.

Fuzzywig
01-29-2012, 01:24 AM
Well I only have op and engi but from what I've learned, you probably shouldn't put too many points on inner focus for op :(

Zolum
01-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Yeah I see what you mean. The regen buff is pretty weak I guess. It could pay off some day though.

Xanaduboss
06-05-2012, 04:04 PM
I think operatives r the best for pvp and commandos r the best for pve