PDA

View Full Version : Best items for archer lvl 45

nrong
07-22-2010, 04:55 AM
so my question´s what´s the best weapon and armor for my archer lvl 45? thx for helping..

Royce
07-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Depends what you're going for really. The Horus Scarab Bow is probably the all-around best IMO, but the Horus Blaster, Ryylox Blaster, Thoth Blaster, Thoth Talon, and Horus Talon are all great choices. Personally I switch mainly between the Ryylox Blaster and the Thoth Talon in PvE, and use the Scarab in PvP, but it really depends on what stats you want to build.

The best armor is probably Isis, but I use Thoth on my bowchantress for obvious reasons, and I don't think Horus is necessarily a mistake either if you really want to max your crit, though it is much less popular.

Addihul
07-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Good thoughts Fnord. I'll add my 2c.

Best DPS bows are the scarab bows. I'd take the Scorp bow over the horus or jewel thief any day though because of the H/s. The scorp bow and JT bows are the same except the scorp has an extra 3% crit as well. Horus is better crit but no H/s so I stay away from it.

My opinion is what's best for the team and yourself is a balance between Isis and Thoth. That means spending a ton of money on a Thoth Talon, but it will be worth it. It's less max damage than a scarab bow, but you'll have infinite skill spamming cuz of the m/s and then larger survivability because of the h/s. I go with thoth talon and another piece of thoth making it 13 m/s. i then have 2 isis pieces and 11 skill points in str so i get 13 h/s. I believe that would be the ultimate team build, but of course I'm bias

Airz
07-22-2010, 08:57 AM
so as much as i understand the scarab bows are the best and the toth armor is the best?

so.. how much gold shud i save for a scarab bow and a toth talon?

laquint
07-22-2010, 04:45 PM
I haven't tried alot of thing's out but if you like to run from damage instead of just take it i suggest full horus helm horus scrab and horus leather and you will crit alot and murder anyone!

Airz
07-22-2010, 05:10 PM
sooo.. can sum1 post the stats of those items + prices? would be great!

laquint
07-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Well usually people get scammed it could go for anything to 10k-100k for the scrab bow and horus leather and horus helm about 10k-20k each unless your lucky..

Elffy
07-22-2010, 08:22 PM
I personally think h/s is useless while using bird because if a boss gets you chances are 13-15 h/s isn't gonna save you

Airz
07-23-2010, 03:19 AM
i just bought an lv 43 scarab bow for 10k, was that a good deal ?

Addihul
07-23-2010, 06:54 PM
It was an ok deal. Horus items are pointless. You need h/s and m/s. 2 isis and 2 thoth. 40k an item roughly. 45 scarab bows run upwards of 20k so ya 10k for a 43 is ok. Your accuracy buff is almost always up so with 2 isis/2 thoth you're still at 90+% . Whoever said the 13h/s isn't smart, I don't recommend listening to that advise. Don't ever spend a dime on health pots. The 13h/s is an amazingly huge benefit. It's simply the best balance between being able to spam skills as well as regen from the occasional hit that gets through your evade. 2isis/thoth leaves you with exactly 77% dodge when your evade is up. If you run up and get a debuff scream in on a boss before you engage your attack, you will almost 100% never one hit die from any boss.

Royce
07-23-2010, 07:23 PM
It was an ok deal. Horus items are pointless. You need h/s and m/s. 2 isis and 2 thoth. 40k an item roughly. 45 scarab bows run upwards of 20k so ya 10k for a 43 is ok. Your accuracy buff is almost always up so with 2 isis/2 thoth you're still at 90+% . Whoever said the 13h/s isn't smart, I don't recommend listening to that advise. Don't ever spend a dime on health pots. The 13h/s is an amazingly huge benefit. It's simply the best balance between being able to spam skills as well as regen from the occasional hit that gets through your evade. 2isis/thoth leaves you with exactly 77% dodge when your evade is up. If you run up and get a debuff scream in on a boss before you engage your attack, you will almost 100% never one hit die from any boss.
So what would you suggest for a bow then since there is no Thoth or Isis Scarab? A pharaoh hunting bow of Thoth? lol
Ryylox or Thoth blasters are nice but not everyone can afford/find one, same for Thoth talons.
Anyway, yeah if you can afford/find a Thoth talon, and gear up in the rest Isis/Thoth, it's nice, but the Horus Scarab is the most badass damage-dealing tool in the game, bar-none. Also, I agree with you in general that Thoth and Isis are the best gear types, but have you ever seen what a full Horus archer can do. They kill things before they even have a chance to do damage most of the time, so regen doesn't even come into the picture. 10k is a decent deal for a 43.

Elffy
07-24-2010, 10:54 AM
I have like near 0 h/s and do not require health pots nor mana pots (meditation) because I do not get hit by mobs. H/s only seems helpfully in pvp but I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Isis or thoth. You just also can't say they are the very best.

reality_storm
07-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Crazy talk, Horus is not worthless. I have full Horus and full Thoth and when I am kiting bosses full Horus with no buffs goes much faster than Thoth/Horus with buffs and skill spamming. The answer is that it depends on your build and play style. A full Horus set can be very useful but keep in mind that you will use skills very little, or use a ton of pots (or use skills and switch between Horus to Thoth between battles like me).

reality_storm
07-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Also, a bird only needs two Thoth pieces and the armor is much more reasonable (specifically wing and helm) so going that route is way preferable to buying Thoth talon at the exorbitant prices being asked for it.