PDA

View Full Version : Pvp Bears levels 7-20

MightyMicah
12-31-2011, 09:31 AM
Everyone knows that Bears dominate pvp from levels 7-20. Obviously there have been a few avians and mages who have managed to survive fairly well, however, when a new pvp bear comes along knowing next to nothing, and owns an archer/mage who has been there forever, there's a problem. I have come up with a few solutions that I think will go well with this problem. Ok, so what makes Bears so powerful anyways? Obviously it's their rage that unbalances the board. Insane dps which blows everyone else away. So how can we fix this "rage" problem?

1. "the bear fix"; Move rage to be the last skill, aquired at level 22. This will not ruin bears by any means. They will still have their stomp and all their devastating slashes. While many pvp bears might be angry, and with good reason, A fix HAS to be implemented at some point. Bears will not always be the domination at low levels.

2. "the avian fix" Avians' only way to defeat bears at low levels so far, is to "kite" them with a snowball. What if we gave avians "repulse shot" a lot earlier on? then they could kite MUCH better. However, Avians still would be lacking damage; so what if we also gave them "blind shot" earlier on? From what I can see that would change the boards ALOT more for avian pvpers.

3. "the mage fix" Mages are as fragile as a flippin...just duh! (what else is there to say?) most mages will also kite to stay alive. perhaps we could give mages their mana shield a little earlier? That way their health is much better and they can continually kite their enemy till their enemy turns blue! I have already seen many successful kiting mages. This little fix will give mages the "umph" they need to be successful around low levels.

On a side note, "the bear fix" should not be implemented if the other 2 are. This would make bears the weakest, instead of the strongest. I'm not for this in any way.

Ok, so what would these changes bring about? Allow me to give my opinion on what I can see happening in each of these fixes.

1. "the bear fix"; Bears will lose a TON of damage and will be forced into close combat. They will try as hard as possible to move in close range so as to execute all of their slashes and their stomp. A skilled bear should be able to do this. They will probably use stomp as a means to immobilize their opponents then move in and use their slashes. The Snowball launchers will become the highest sought after item for low lvl bears.

2. "the avian fix" Avians will gain a significant amount of damage with the use of blind and repulse shot, topped with their critical buff. Builds will include lots of repulse, blast shot, and *Focus (I forgot if this is the crit buff. If its not, then that's what I meant, the crit buff). As well, Snowball launchers AND crossbows will become the most highly sought after weapon for avians. Avians will generally try to keep their enemy out of range. Every time their enemy comes within range, they will either be Frozen, and/or kited with blind shot>repulse shot.

3. "the mage fix" Mages will continue doing what they do now. They will use various attacks mixed with a constant Firestorm>icestorm combo. The difference is, they will last longer when brought into range of the opponent because of their mana shield. Like the avian, highly sought after weapons will be bling flingers and snowball launchers.

I will now list some of the pros and cons of each of the character fixes:

1. "the bear fix"
Pros: Nothing more than a balanced playing field plus the satisfaction of slowly backing their enemy into the corner and then crushing their soul! lol
Cons:Bears will get ticked off because they will lose their edge on all other classes. Bears may become a little too weak and will then be the minority. This would be terrible. EVERY bear in existence at that level will be put out of business. That is NOT good.

2. "the avian fix"
Pros: Avians will no longer be the minority and will be a valuable asset to their pvp team being able to inflict a good amount of damage as well as being able to disable mana shields on mages. This will please avian lovers far and wide.

3. "the mage fix" Mages will no longer be afraid to get near their enemies because they won't be quite as weak. mages will no longer be the minority and will have a very good shot at winning every battle. This will please mage lovers far and wide.

I may edit in more later If I think of anything, however for the moment I'd love to read anyone's comments and opinions! Thanks in advance! and happy new years!

~MM

Register
12-31-2011, 10:34 AM
This is all centered around PvP. What about PvE? Much worse, this is all centered around low level PvP. Bird being the minority? Yes, I supposed in low level PvP. Definetely not in high level PvP. Repulse shot is relatively useless in PvE, in my opinion, until later on, when monsters deal more damage and it might be necessary to repulse them away.

With the bear fix, stating that a bear can stomp to immobilise the enemy, a crossbow can have a range of 13 (Correct me if im wrong). Bears stomp radius is definetely not 13. Even at 3 (Thats the rank when stomp radius is maxed) it wouldnt be enough. And to stun, I noticed that there is some sort of sweetspot of distance between you can the enemy in order to stun them. To my knowledge, that sweetspot is somewhat close to the enemy. And to add to that, if you havent noticed, low level PvP bears do not really like kiters.

One "Bear-Fix" i saw in a thread by Ellyidol (I dont know if Ellyidol orignally made the idea or not) was to make Rage percentage based, instead figure based. I will go fetch a quote from Ellyidols thread in a moment.

EDIT: Also, you forgot the cons of the "mage-fix" and the "avian-fix" And, a Happy New Year to you as well!

EDIT x2: Here is the full opening post of Ellyidols thread regarding percentage based buffs, rather than number based (As in the 60 crit of bears Rage).

With the likes of Iron Blood, Rage, the damage buff of mages, the armour buff too.

I'll use the bear skills since I'm more familiar.

Iron Blood only gives 30 armour at level 6. Currently, with a fortified set and some armour rings and dual spec stats, I get roughly 200 unbuffed armour (rounded up). A 30 armour increase would only mean a 15% armour buff.

The next update would probably bump up the armour value to, guessing 250 maybe? Point is, slowly and slowly the fixed value buffs would decrease in value. That's all.

This is for armour, same thing will happen for damage.

The dodge, crit, and Hit % buffs are unaffected since they're all %s anyway.

I don't know how this will effect twinks, big game changer, but I'm suggesting more on the end-game tone.

Thanks.

Elyseon
12-31-2011, 01:27 PM
Anyone else find it humourous that mages ahve a larger armour buff than bears

Register
12-31-2011, 01:49 PM
Anyone else find it humourous that mages ahve a larger armour buff than bears

Really? Lol!

MightyMicah
12-31-2011, 07:00 PM
@register First I want to thank you for taking the time to read this and add your input, I really appreciate it!

Ok, I really don't know why you mentioned PvE at all. You can not honestly think that my suggestions would ruin PvE in any way shape or farm. Granted, once again, it would make bears less powerful and less played as among lower levels but that's it.

Also, my ideas aren't going to effect high levels. They only have to do with switching the order in which skills are recieved. Did you bring it up so as to say, "Birds have high level pvp and bears don't so that's fair that bears are good at lower level" roughly? I certainly hope not. If that's the case, I can bet you are a bear fan and do not want bears to be any less powerful. Basically, you enjoy dominating low levels.

I want to thank you for pointing out my error with the cons of the avians and mages, perhaps when I add them, that will help to explain how bears will not just be useless, as it seems you have implied.

Lastly, I am glad you mentioned ElyIdol's thread. I believe his idea sounds very good as well.

~MM

razerfingers
12-31-2011, 07:16 PM
I honestly think all that is going to cause flame wars like what happened with GCD from what i have read of this thread but thats my opinion

MightyMicah
01-01-2012, 12:45 AM
I agree Razor, I didn't expect my idea to be taken so coldly. :\ It just seems like Sts can't leave pvp the way it is forever...right? Its just so unbalanced.

Appleisaac
01-01-2012, 09:35 PM
He has a point... Something should be done... A bear can insta-kill a bird with rage-beckon-stomp on most low lvls...

razerfingers
01-03-2012, 03:37 AM
I agree Razor, I didn't expect my idea to be taken so coldly. :\ It just seems like Sts can't leave pvp the way it is forever...right? Its just so unbalanced. that is true like in sl its unbalanced

Elitephonix
01-03-2012, 04:27 PM
WELL THATS WHY THERE ARNT ANY LEV 12-20 BIRDS OR MAGES THAT PVP
mAGES OWN AT LEV 35 AND BIRDS OWN AT LEV 51-56 PVP AND ENDGMAE EVERYBODY WINS....

MightyMicah
01-04-2012, 01:22 AM
Everybody? Or nobody. Think about it.