PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a new vanity helm!

Matutd
12-31-2011, 12:44 PM
Since there are so many people who complain about the founders, I thought maybe a similar type of helm would appeal to the others who didn't manage to get one.

Now, don't get me wrong, I do want the founders to stay an exclusive item for 'founders' only. But I'm pretty sure a helmet that is rewarded for maybe a years playing pl would be just as cool, and user friendly to others.

The idea is that the helm should be pretty much the same style as the founders but with a different colour,maybe red or green, instead of the purple. The helm should have no stats(maybe +1 armour) and will be awarded to anyone who has played for 1 year+.

Hopefully the introduction of this helm would appeal to all, and therefore reduce the number of quitting threads.

Suggestions and feedback please?

Skeletonlord
12-31-2011, 12:48 PM
I love this idea, but I joined in April i think, so I wouldnt get one. There could be ones for 6 months as well. I think they need to have some sort of stat.

Reddwing
12-31-2011, 12:52 PM
I can sort of disagree with both the year helm and 6 month helm. Then people will just say "well can you make a one month helm? Or a two month helm? What about a one week helm?"

Having the vanities would be cool, but unnecessary to make. IMO

Matutd
12-31-2011, 01:00 PM
Ok so I definitely disagree on a 6 month and 1 month helm...
The point I was getting at is the fact that the founders is IMPOSSIBLE for us to get, unless you are a founder.
This would give everybody a chance to get one, but would still require the member to be a 'veteran'

Elyseon
12-31-2011, 01:23 PM
i think this will be something they end up doing when they finally implement the veteran reward system

also i think the main reason people want the founders helm is for the stats, i mean it even beats the difference between the 2 and 3 piece elite vanity set

Matutd
12-31-2011, 01:26 PM
if it does give stats it would be fair for them to be less than the stats for the founders

Skeletonlord
12-31-2011, 01:27 PM
if it does give stats it would be fair for them to be less than the stats for the founders

I agree with this, founders helm stats need to be higher than any other vanity helm.

Elyseon
12-31-2011, 01:29 PM
well i assume it will be worse than the 4 piece elite vanity bonus

Whirlzap
12-31-2011, 05:49 PM
Ya know, they could simply just make a "mock" Founder's Helm for anyone who completed all the quests or something.
We already have elite vanity items. Lotta chances to get an exclusive item ATM.