PDA

View Full Version : Please be fair - level limits to enter map required

Leyeh88
04-16-2010, 08:07 AM
Hi all,

personally i really enjoy playing this game,
but recently there are a lot of leechers using level 1 or level 5 characters joining third tier maps.

they have practically 0 contribution because their attacks miss all the time, putting up a show behind those characters who are really putting in hard work to clear the dungeon.

Personal experience:
4 level 20++ chars clearing 3rd tier dungeon,
1 level 12 char leeching behind,

level 20 char sometimes dies and working hard
level 12 char doesn't die and eventually gets epic...

what is this????

2 ways to solve this,

1) set level limits for char to enter various maps
do not allow low level char to even ENTER the map.

2) give power to host of the room to KICK those leechers
pls be fair, higher level char NEED the slots due to the lack of high level maps
being created (based on 2nd server)

As more and more leechers will be around leeching high level chars,
I feel that this needs immediate attention.

Thank you.

Just my 2 cents worth

KronicDecay
04-16-2010, 08:17 AM
This has been suggested already and your not the only one getting a headache over this. I believe they said in another thread they are working in this soon.

Justg
04-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Yes, we are taking a hard look at this and trying to figure out the best way to address it. Thanks for your feedback and patience.

_ck
04-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Maybe the one starting the game can enter a minimum join level on the New Game page?

Jamie
04-16-2010, 11:36 AM
You could make the levelling process - But in reverse, So that you don't get XP unless you are 3 levels lower than the enemies level. That would generally keep the right level people in the map packs they should be in and stop level 1's joining maps with level 20 enemies. (They would have to be 17 or higher to even get xp from it)

KronicDecay
04-16-2010, 11:39 AM
You could make the levelling process - But in reverse, So that you don't get XP unless you are 3 levels lower than the enemies level. That would generally keep the right level people in the map packs they should be in and stop level 1's joining maps with level 20 enemies. (They would have to be 17 or higher to even get xp from it)

You'd still have the problem of these low levels jacking loot still tho. And that'll increase ten fold when trading is available

Justg
04-16-2010, 02:08 PM
We are implementing the ability for the host to kick unwanted players out. It will go out with the next client patch.

Dizko
04-16-2010, 02:09 PM
We are implementing the ability for the host to kick unwanted players out. It will go out with the next client patch.

Fantastic.

Flamin
04-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Once a good looting system and kicking system comes out then I think that when players create a game they should have an option to chose from different kinds of looting systems and different kinds of kicking systems, this way you guys wont have to try to figure out the best way to adress these systems, you can just make multipule option for players when they create games.

Garrison
04-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Instead of prohibiting low-levels from entering an area (and, although I think private instances should allow booting, I'm against it in general), I personally find harsh lessons to be the most satisfying solution.

If levels could be cleared by goals other than simply killing all enemies on the map, then you could have respawning...and leechers would get some nasty surprises. :) Also, making death more of a consequence could help. As it is, I'd almost rather let myself be killed than waste too many potions and such when I'm caught in a tight spot.

Right now, leechers have nearly zip chance of dying as long as they let the party go ahead as a shield. I say have some monsters pop up and smack them around a bit. They'll learn pretty quick to choose their levels well.

setec
04-17-2010, 02:32 AM

I hope this is with a vote from the other people in the group because otherwise I could see potential for abuse.

Leyeh88
04-18-2010, 02:19 PM
fair enuff if we need a vote, anyway i think most higher level chars wont wan a lower level to be leeching all their xp and weapons as well.

Aegis
04-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Host kick will work, don't like it? Start your own map
ez solution
I just quit another great group cause of a level 8 douchebag leech

Aegis
04-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Vote would be spam and still have the same problem if some people don't mind the leech and others HATE leeches

Deathshock
04-18-2010, 03:51 PM
I hope this is with a vote from the other people in the group because otherwise I could see potential for abuse.

There is the potential for abuse, but the person who created the game definitely should have the power to decide who's in and who's not. It works like this in other games, it should work here.

Laska
04-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Glad ther adding this in :] ..I always seem to get stuck wif low level leechers even high level ones that jus follow the crowd to lazy to kill lol pretty lame..

Shebee
04-18-2010, 04:06 PM
A kick function without a vote would just lead to the host (if level 30) kicking everyone lower than 28 from the party etc.
Might have some problems.

Also have the Devs though that later in the game, with so many expansions, will there be parties in the mid range dungeons?
It is already at this point a bit hard to at least manually find dungeons in the expansion you want to play in. (t2 and t3 e.g.)

jbrulz
04-18-2010, 04:52 PM
A kick function without a vote would just lead to the host (if level 30) kicking everyone lower than 28 from the party etc.
Might have some problems.

Also have the Devs though that later in the game, with so many expansions, will there be parties in the mid range dungeons?
It is already at this point a bit hard to at least manually find dungeons in the expansion you want to play in. (t2 and t3 e.g.)

I agree. there should be a vote function paired with the upcoming kick function for it to be more fair for the "unwanted" player

123seeyah
04-18-2010, 06:50 PM
Not that i am against it but, having the ability to kick someone from the party has its pros and cons(talking from experience from other MMORPGs). The good thing is that you can kick someone that is leeching, that is disrespectful and the likes. The bad thing is, some people(let's just face it) tend to pick who should he form a party with or who could join his party. People's race (literally, i.e. Asian, American, etc) is definitely one category some people are looking at.

I suggest instead of having the ability to kick,

a) implement a level gap system, example a 5-level gap system (ex. 3 level 20+ players and a level 12 player, the level 12 player won't get any XP). this way, the level 12 player won't be wasting his time leeching because he's getting nothing

b) add the ability to form a party in the town before going out on a quest. people with online friends will get the chance to assemble in town, form a party and are assured that the leveling experience would be smooth

Aegis
04-18-2010, 06:59 PM
You got mad skills I guess
I can't tell anything but a persons name and whether they are an elf bird or bear, that's it
there are people I don't want to play with, namely cause they suck at a simple game or afk a ton or don't keep up
if you don't like that I can kick you, start your own game.

I'd love to see party building outside of an instance, where you can load your team into a set and even better, keep the team together and load the team for another set

also would love to see Invite on friends list that would be huge
with invite you could just password up and invite only players you know to be good

Splurd
04-18-2010, 09:09 PM
You got mad skills I guess
I can't tell anything but a persons name and whether they are an elf bird or bear, that's it
there are people I don't want to play with, namely cause they suck at a simple game or afk a ton or don't keep up
if you don't like that I can kick you, start your own game.

I'd love to see party building outside of an instance, where you can load your team into a set and even better, keep the team together and load the team for another set

also would love to see Invite on friends list that would be huge
with invite you could just password up and invite only players you know to be good

Sometimes their nick gives it away. you know, like if they named their char -=+([>xXxAznBoi92xX<])x+=-
or some dumb nick like that :D

Frankly I dont like kicking. I've seen it abused alot in games like gunbound and Grandchase. people only want strong people in their team. I liked how gunbound did it tho, user can only kick a certain amount of times, then room ownership goes to someone else.

Felora
04-19-2010, 06:41 AM
Again, these are my views...

I can feel that the DEV have a concern for the level limitation because those high level maps are paid maps and that is the source of their income. That's totally reasonable.

My suggestion is that the level limit does not have to be that high. It can be level 13 limit for all maps. A smart player can play as a healer/buffer/debuffer with only level 13 and two maxed out skills. I don't mind a level 13 on the Lost Expedition if they actually do play and shoot. Imagine a lvl 13 archer with Crit buff can deal decent damage as well. They already fixed the idling leeching issue so I think this is not TOO serious a problem.

Kicking may not be a good issue cos there will be alot of votings... may be...

Aegis
04-19-2010, 07:18 AM
The leeches just move up every couple fights...

If you want to powerlevel lowbies even level 1 feel free, me I'll be hosting my own games and booting anyone that isn't playing

_ck
04-19-2010, 07:24 AM
Again, these are my views...

I can feel that the DEV have a concern for the level limitation because those high level maps are paid maps and that is the source of their income. That's totally reasonable.

My suggestion is that the level limit does not have to be that high. It can be level 13 limit for all maps. A smart player can play as a healer/buffer/debuffer with only level 13 and two maxed out skills. I don't mind a level 13 on the Lost Expedition if they actually do play and shoot. Imagine a lvl 13 archer with Crit buff can deal decent damage as well. They already fixed the idling leeching issue so I think this is not TOO serious a problem.

Kicking may not be a good issue cos there will be alot of votings... may be...

Yeah, I don't think a map pack should automatically have a minimum level to be able to play it. If you play for free to level 13 and then buy all map packs you should be able to play all of them if you so wish.

But like I just feel like I wrote, but in another thread I guess.. I think there should be the option for the one creating a new game to set a minimum entry level on the New Game page. That way you could ensure that no one below a certain level can join in your game.. And that way it wouldn't be automatically excluding people. No one who has bought contents should be barred, it'd just be bad for business.

Felora
04-19-2010, 08:15 AM
Yeah, I don't think a map pack should automatically have a minimum level to be able to play it. If you play for free to level 13 and then buy all map packs you should be able to play all of them if you so wish.

But like I just feel like I wrote, but in another thread I guess.. I think there should be the option for the one creating a new game to set a minimum entry level on the New Game page. That way you could ensure that no one below a certain level can join in your game.. And that way it wouldn't be automatically excluding people. No one who has bought contents should be barred, it'd just be bad for business.

That's an option as well. There may be an issue that those lvl 13 who decide to buy new map packs cannot find enough games with players at their respective level to play together. There were once time that I played with level 20 or something when I was level 12 in dark forest or fort. I think as the game grows, the paid user volume grows then they can put that limitation in. So far after the idling leech has been addressed, I haven't come across with too many level 10 or lower in high level maps.

Leyeh88
04-21-2010, 10:45 AM
The leeches just move up every couple fights...

If you want to powerlevel lowbies even level 1 feel free, me I'll be hosting my own games and booting anyone that isn't playing

I totally agree, I'll boot anyone too much underleveled from the game vos they can't be dealing "decent damage"... or if they can, something is wrong,,
logically speaking, how can a level 13 char do decent damage in a level 24 map zzz

Leyeh88
04-21-2010, 10:47 AM
That's an option as well. There may be an issue that those lvl 13 who decide to buy new map packs cannot find enough games with players at their respective level to play together. There were once time that I played with level 20 or something when I was level 12 in dark forest or fort. I think as the game grows, the paid user volume grows then they can put that limitation in. So far after the idling leech has been addressed, I haven't come across with too many level 10 or lower in high level maps.

those leechers will just come in and say "hello everyone", "i love you" that kinda chessy stuff and hope that no one notices that they are way underleveled.
for ppl who like to "help" those leeches, by all means. I'll leave map and recre8 anyway. and normally my friends follow me and the leech is left alone.
if they're so good, they can try solo it.

Chacaz
04-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Yeah... Haha I see myself kicking a level 5 out of my map... >:D

Make it like a team vote.