PDA

View Full Version : Auto auto-attack

zhero
01-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Auto atack at the moment is kinda useless as it stops working when the target dies.

Can it automatically auto-attack the next target if there is one in range?

Dragx HavoK
01-02-2012, 02:40 AM
that would mean you just run around and it would make the game to easy and less fun to play. To you easyer and lazyer is a good thing maybe lol but some people actually like to play games. any how i dont see this happening to answer your question mate

KingFu
01-02-2012, 07:52 AM
Not useless at all. If it weren't there, you'd have to continue hitting the attack button when you could be hitting your skills. The feature you mentioned has been suggested before, but it'd simply make things far too easy, mostly in low level PvE and PvP.

JaytB
01-02-2012, 08:39 AM
Easier, yes... Better, not IMO.

For me, it would take away part of the fun. Currently it can be a challenge to keep auto-attacking various enemies until they die. It makes you have to watch either enemy health or your attack button. Making the game automatically attack the next enemy, would make it a lot less challenging IMO. It's already easy enough IMO :)

Gaunab
01-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Total desaster in PvP, I'm already buisy enough switching my targets...

KingFu
01-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Not to mention there is already an auto target feature, so when a mob is dead, just tap the auto attack button again or use a single target skill and you'll be locked onto another guy.

Appleisaac
01-02-2012, 11:50 PM
IMO this game dosent have much actual "fighting" in it already... You press a button and it automatically attacks for u... At lower lvls this is a real turn off (because they don't have enough skills to keep them busy)... Turning auto into SUPER MEGA AWESOME AUTO would really turn off newbies.

ghost.mw
01-03-2012, 01:37 AM
Yeah sure y not and another update with it is to let our characters run around by them selfs and auto use of skill so all we do is watch.

javier995
01-03-2012, 01:48 AM
If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Auto works the way it's suppose to, therefore it's not broken so don't 'fix' it.

Happy 2012.

StompArtist
01-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Elixir of auto-targeting coming soon to a dealer near you. :D

csb
01-03-2012, 01:34 PM
If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Auto works the way it's suppose to, therefore it's not broken so don't 'fix' it.

Auto attack is not perfect. It has a bungee cord affect that sometimes gets me killed. For example, fighting Count Vlod in Fang 3rd Floor, the auto attack will try to pull me closer but I am trying to stay away since he can do 500 mele damage.

There should be another option in the options menu to enable auto-attack-bungee.

Also, sometimes when I auto attack, it chooses the furthest target, and then the bungee pulls me across all the near targets towards the far target, which gets me killed if I am soloing.

So, I have to disagree with "not broken".

JaytB
01-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Auto attack is not perfect. It has a bungee cord affect that sometimes gets me killed. For example, fighting Count Vlod in Fang 3rd Floor, the auto attack will try to pull me closer but I am trying to stay away since he can do 500 mele damage.

There should be another option in the options menu to enable auto-attack-bungee.

Also, sometimes when I auto attack, it chooses the furthest target, and then the bungee pulls me across all the near targets towards the far target, which gets me killed if I am soloing.

If you hold your finger on the joystick, you don't get pulled in automatically or you can move away as soon as the 'bungee effect' kicks in. Personally, I don't see the problem here. But yeah, I agree, it's definitely not perfect but that's what keeps it interesting. Tapping your char will undo the auto targeting too btw :)

javier995
01-03-2012, 02:16 PM

I don't see any bugs with it, therefore it's not broken nor does it need fixing.

Yea it might not be the best auto attack there is, but it keeps the game interesting.

You also have the option to have a target and not auto attack. You can also disable it in the options menu. If you don't like the use of the auto attack, just disable it.

For the bungee thing you mentioned. I think it's because the other players have the closest enemies as targets already, but hey that's just a theory. It does get annoying sometimes, but you still have the option to change targets.

If you don't want to disable it, change targets, or even just tap it to stop the auto attack. Well that's kind of lazy if you think about it, not to be rude or anything, but it's just one tap and your done.

That being said, it's not broken, it's not perfect, but it's good enough to use. If you don't like the way it's used, that's why the devs give you the option to disable it. I suggest you use that bud. Not to take away from a different way to auto attack idea, it's a good idea and all, but I don't see any need for it.

csb
01-04-2012, 12:40 PM
I don't see any bugs with it, therefore it's not broken nor does it need fixing...

If you don't like the way it's used, that's why the devs give you the option to disable it. I suggest you use that bud. Not to take away from a different way to auto attack idea, it's a good idea and all, but I don't see any need for it.

If you ever tried playing with auto attack disabled, you would know that you do a lot less damage because you have to push the button for each weapon hit. But, you may be busy with skill buttons, like healing, so you wont hit as often. All I am saying is that I want the option to auto-attack with the weapon, without the strong magnetic pull towards my target.

Fusionstrike
01-04-2012, 01:38 PM
I'm not sure about the OP's idea of automatically attacking the next target. However it would make a lot of sense if the system automatically made you fight back if you have no target (i.e. auto is off) and a foe starts hitting you. Right now, you just stand there like a moron getting beaten down by someone right in your face. This is especially bad in lag, where you could end up dead or near dead to some trash mob just because the system is taking its sweet time getting back to you. While it's a valid strategy not to automatically move on to the next target to hit (for a variety of reasons), it really doesn't make any sense at all not to fight back when a mob takes the fight to you. That is, it's not a "strategy" that makes any sense just to stand there being a punching bag, so I see no reason not to make it part of the game to fight back. There may be a valid PvP reason to do so I guess (not much experience there).

The only possible flaw I could see in this is if a ranged mob attacked a melee player and the player auto-fought back, he'd end up moving up to the mob to fight back. This might not be exactly what people would expect, although I think it would make a lot of sense and help compensate for bursts of lag and therefore still be a valuable feature.

Justg
01-04-2012, 02:08 PM
We had it like this once (before we shipped the game). Essentially it played itself, and was not much fun.

Whirlzap
01-04-2012, 02:38 PM
I can imagine some guy simply pot 4x Combo, press Auto, and go to sleep for an hour.

ninjaduck
01-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Bots would take over imo