PDA

View Full Version : omg... minecraft...

Junside
01-02-2012, 11:21 PM
This is amazing... why did I resent this so much? Seeing how everyone was doing it, I didn't want to follow it. And now...

OMG this game is trippy... for a first time player!

Justg
01-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Minecraft is an amazing game!

Slcinuup
01-02-2012, 11:47 PM
Not as good as PL though

adidaman
01-02-2012, 11:47 PM

Agreed! And this is off topic, but every single time I looked for you yesterday you left 10 seconds before I got there ): I think you should air mail me some antennas

NECROREAPER
01-03-2012, 12:08 AM
Agreed! And this is off topic, but every single time I looked for you yesterday you left 10 seconds before I got there ): I think you should air mail me some antennas

If something is off-topic in Off-topic, does that make it on topic?

Philosoraptor-ing

Blind
01-03-2012, 12:09 AM
I tried the lite version app on ipod. It's actualy that awesome!

DawnInfinity
01-03-2012, 12:27 AM
Its pretty fun.

javier995
01-03-2012, 12:31 AM
Great game!

Love it. Need any advice ask away:)

Kill the skeletons and get bones for wolves. Also keep some for bonemeal to grow quick trees or wheat.

Play peaceful mode for a bit until you're settled down. Try and build your home near a water source to fish. Also look for clay! It's a solid grey block near sand or gravel on the water, then cook that puppy for bricks!

Junside
01-03-2012, 01:48 AM
... kill skeletons...? O.o

TheChairmaker
01-03-2012, 01:53 AM
Great game!

Love it. Need any advice ask away:)

Kill the skeletons and get bones for wolves. Also keep some for bonemeal to grow quick trees or wheat.

Play peaceful mode for a bit until you're settled down. Try and build your home near a water source to fish. Also look for clay! It's a solid grey block near sand or gravel on the water, then cook that puppy for bricks!
And I find the stripped-down no-monsters-redstone-or-dying Pocket Edition on my iPad addictive enough!

Skeletonlord
01-03-2012, 02:00 AM
I like minecraft, but the price to buy is quite a lot, and I don't think i could buy it. I will at some point, but I need to think about it. It should be brought out on consoles.

javier995
01-03-2012, 02:15 AM
... kill skeletons...? O.o

Yup the regular mobs (without any of the packs added I forgot the name sorry), there are spiders, zombies, and skeletons.

Zombies and spiders are close range. Skeletons have bow and arrow. In the day time zombies and skeletons will burn. Spiders won't, but they'll be passive. Don't hit spiders during the day time, they'll try to kill you.

Also, get wool from sheep to make a bed. That'll set your new spawn point.

Do you know the simple crafting things? Like arrows, bows, crafting bench, etc?

Any questions just ask!

Also, on YouTube there's this dude named paulsoaresjr he's very funny on minecraft. He plays a lot with his kids on his family server, and he has a minecraft starter guide.

Oh and if you have monsters on, KILL THE CHICKENS!!!!! The chickens tell the monsters where you are, the minecraft community calls them spy chickens:) lol

Skeletonlord
01-03-2012, 02:30 AM
Hey guys, if you need help on minecraft, you should if you have a YouTube account, subscribe to bluexephos, in other words, The Yogscast, who are a 2 person YouTube hit, and make Minecraft videos and play custom maps. Check them out if you are a newbie.
The basic aim is to survive in minecraft, and what best way to do that than building shelter. If you don't know how to build etc, private message me.

javier995
01-03-2012, 03:09 AM
Hey guys, if you need help on minecraft, you should if you have a YouTube account, subscribe to bluexephos, in other words, The Yogscast, who are a 2 person YouTube hit, and make Minecraft videos and play custom maps. Check them out if you are a newbie.
The basic aim is to survive in minecraft, and what best way to do that than building shelter. If you don't know how to build etc, private message me.

Yogcast cuss too much, which is why I suggested Paul. He's nice, helpful (more than Yogcast), knows his stuff well, and he plays with his kids (3).

Yogcast isn't much help, they mostly just do maps and mess around. They also do lots of cheats/commands, so that wouldn't be useful unless you had the mod (that's the word I was looking for earlier!) to single player commands.

Yogcast is for entertainment purposes IMO, while Paul is entertaining and he helps you at the same time. Unlike Yogcast, Paul is a techie so he helps A LOT. He has his own twitter too! Follow him if you want @paulsoaresjr.

Paul has the best starter guide out there, many agree. Even Yogcast, minecraftworkbench, machinema (sorry for the incorrect spelling I forgot how to spell it), and many more say he's one heck of a guide man.

His best work is minecraft dad (family server which is awesome! He has two now) and man vs minecraft (awesome ropeplay! Man vs minecraft 2 is better tho:) more mods).

Look at me going on about Paul xD. Well I have to thank him a lot, he helped me on how to do lots of stuff (through his guide tutorial videos), and if I didn't watch his videos I would have never seen PL!

But yea, any questions just shoot:p

Junside
01-03-2012, 03:43 AM
Well I'm using the android version which I'm guessing is very watered down. I haven't seen any live animals yet. I built a castle just for shelter with a one space open roof. So am I like... protected at night or something? This sounds like way more than just creating things.

Arterra
01-03-2012, 05:31 AM
so, are Kossi and my rantings on Minecraft finally paying off?

next stop, Terraria! its even cheaper!?!

edit: differences:

minecraft = construction
Terraria = adventure

minecraft already HAS adventure, so imagine why i put terraria as more adventurous...

StompArtist
01-03-2012, 08:30 AM
I like minecraft, but the price to buy is quite a lot, and I don't think i could buy it. I will at some point, but I need to think about it. It should be brought out on consoles.

You can download Minecraft on XBOX live (or will be able to in the near future? It was announced at E3 anyways...)

RedRyder
01-03-2012, 09:41 AM
My brother plays minecraft>MW3 nowadays so it must be good lol. He hogs the life out of the pc

MoarPewPew
01-03-2012, 11:14 AM

- 10 Pew Points.....

javier995
01-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Well I'm using the android version which I'm guessing is very watered down. I haven't seen any live animals yet. I built a castle just for shelter with a one space open roof. So am I like... protected at night or something? This sounds like way more than just creating things.

Lol, yes minecraft is a fun little game to play on pc. I'm not sure whether or not you can have mobs (animals and monsters) on the android version. You should, but depends on the version you play.

To your shelter.

To start off do this

Make it (at the base) a 3x5 so it'll look something like this:
-----
- -
-----

You don't need something huge to start off. You can also make a hole in the side of a wall for your first shelter.

If you want to continue with your current shelter, I suggest you put a roof on.

Don't worry about light, just make torches.

For torches you need either coal or charcoal and sticks.

To get sticks you need to place two wood planks in the working bench or your inventory thing, and place them one in one box and the other either on top or below that one.

To get coal, you need to find (normally around the mountains) a grey block with a bit of black spots on it. You will need a stone pick axe at least (wood doesn't work if I remember correctly) to obtain it.

Charcoal you obtain by either burning wood or saplings in a furnace.

To make craft the torch you must go to one of the crafting places (a work bench or your inventory) and place the stick on the box below that you place the coal.

And presto! You have some torches.

Since it's on android version, you might not see many mobs or maybe none:/. Pocket versions are usually just for building, but if you're going to end up playing on a pc it's best to start off with the basics there:)

TheChairmaker
01-03-2012, 02:09 PM
The Android version's identical to the iOS Pocket Edition, I believe...so no monsters to protect yourself from, no mining, and no crafting as of yet. Mojang do intend to add these later :triumphant: I'm glad I now have a house...well, a massive glass wall I built as the front side of a massive cave. It has torches covering the wall too. I'm no primitive shelterer. And a sugar cane farm! (which apparently ought to come in useful when crafting and Survival Mode are added?)

javier995
01-03-2012, 03:50 PM
The Android version's identical to the iOS Pocket Edition, I believe...so no monsters to protect yourself from, no mining, and no crafting as of yet. Mojang do intend to add these later :triumphant: I'm glad I now have a house...well, a massive glass wall I built as the front side of a massive cave. It has torches covering the wall too. I'm no primitive shelterer. And a sugar cane farm! (which apparently ought to come in useful when crafting and Survival Mode are added?)

You did good on the farm.

Sugar can can be made into paper for maps, can be used for sugar (duh:p ) to make cookies or cake.

I suggest that if you want to keep your glass wall, you make it a triple layer wall. So when survival mode comes out for pocket, the creepers won't just blow your whole wall entirely.

Yes the creepers! Dang I forgot to mention them! *tactical facepalm*

Creepers are these little green mobs that follow you and don't really make sounds, so it's hard to know if they're behind you or not (hence the name creeper). They do drop gun powder, which is awesome for TNT, but not worth it. They drop 1-3 gun powder each time, and o man it's hard not to be blown up! Creepers explode if you get close enough, which without any armor you WILL die.

O and spiders can now climb walls, so don't have anything open more than 1 square! Always have some torches ok the roof of your house to prevent mobs from spawning there. Trust me I know, I had such a nice house (50x50 2 story with an attic and a basement) then I forgot about the top! Creeper spawned in the night and I went outside to continue working on my fountain (which no one uses this blueprint I came up with it myself ;) ) and bam! Explodes and my fence and cacti surrounding my fence get blown to bits! Luckily I had diamond armor on so it only took some life an armor away. But my precious front yard:/

That was one of my first big communities. Let me give you some info on how it was.

At my original spawn point I made the cave like thing into a home. Surrounding it by layers of glass, and I went underground. In the underground I had a hole (then covered with glass) for my tree farm and wheat farm. I also had a moat surrounding it all. I had a little homemade waterfall on my entrance, and one going down to my farm.

Then I begin to build a bridge across the land and then across the a body of water, to the place where I made a little home to farm monster goodies. Then I made a church with a huge tower at the top to hideout from enemies and snipe them with my bow (had a tree at the top:D ). Then to the left of that was an experiment gone horribly wrong. Next to this was the hill where my farming goodies home was.

So I begin to cross a mini lake and I see open space! There I see summer in one block then winter in the next! It was awesome! I built my home there!

I then made my 50x50 home 2 story home. I had a attic, and a basement that led to each little tower I made at the corners of my home. The front yard was about 60x40 or so. It contained a flower bed, a huge (like I said original fountain made by me;) ) fountain, a cacti farm, and my fence and cacti fence that surrounded it all. On all 4 corners of my front yard, I put mini towers that went up 5 blocks, they where on the outside and I can only get to them through my basement.

Then in my backyard (the snow part) I found a very small 2 sided cave :D. It was filled with water! So I made it my little pool!

Then I began to put a 10 block up wall, which the pesky spiders would have trouble with at me cacti trap at the bottom;). The wall covered my new tree tower (where I sniped enemies) and my little wheat farm.

I would have added so much stuff, but then my cousin broke my computer:(. Oh yea this house was from June. I'm making another house in my cousins computer, so I'll show you guys when I'm done:)

Sorry about the huge post about my home:/ Just really needed to share it:)

Junside
01-03-2012, 06:08 PM
Well I made a castle from the ground up with the block -that takes really long to destroy- and left a small opening. I might make an underground tunnel to a cave on another island. I feared an attack when I'm sleeping, which is why I didn't start off with a cave in a wall, so I'm not surrounded in a small area. Started my house on a high hill, surrounded by deep water.

As said in an earlier post by TheChairMaker, there isn't much yet. I can just easily put torches anywhere I want, in unlimited amount. I might expand my house and build a wall surrounding it, with an air tunnel leading to another safe place. O_o I assume i'd have to prepare before something screwed up happens to me lol

javier995
01-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Well I made a castle from the ground up with the block -that takes really long to destroy- and left a small opening. I might make an underground tunnel to a cave on another island. I feared an attack when I'm sleeping, which is why I didn't start off with a cave in a wall, so I'm not surrounded in a small area. Started my house on a high hill, surrounded by deep water.

As said in an earlier post by TheChairMaker, there isn't much yet. I can just easily put torches anywhere I want, in unlimited amount. I might expand my house and build a wall surrounding it, with an air tunnel leading to another safe place. O_o I assume i'd have to prepare before something screwed up happens to me lol

Lol take some screenies of your world?(:

I believe you're talking about obsidian. Which nothing can break it. So creepers can't blow it up:D

LucySkyDiamonds
01-04-2012, 01:20 AM
I havent jumped on the minecraft bandwagon for the same reason.. maybe ill give it a try, considering i just set my pc back up after a year of getn dusty after sc2 fried my gfxcard.. trippy you say? I like that word..

TheChairmaker
01-04-2012, 09:07 AM
You did good on the farm.

Sugar can can be made into paper for maps, can be used for sugar (duh:p ) to make cookies or cake.

I suggest that if you want to keep your glass wall, you make it a triple layer wall. So when survival mode comes out for pocket, the creepers won't just blow your whole wall entirely.

Yes the creepers! Dang I forgot to mention them! *tactical facepalm*

Creepers are these little green mobs that follow you and don't really make sounds, so it's hard to know if they're behind you or not (hence the name creeper). They do drop gun powder, which is awesome for TNT, but not worth it. They drop 1-3 gun powder each time, and o man it's hard not to be blown up! Creepers explode if you get close enough, which without any armor you WILL die.

O and spiders can now climb walls, so don't have anything open more than 1 square! Always have some torches ok the roof of your house to prevent mobs from spawning there. Trust me I know, I had such a nice house (50x50 2 story with an attic and a basement) then I forgot about the top! Creeper spawned in the night and I went outside to continue working on my fountain (which no one uses this blueprint I came up with it myself ;) ) and bam! Explodes and my fence and cacti surrounding my fence get blown to bits! Luckily I had diamond armor on so it only took some life an armor away. But my precious front yard:/

That was one of my first big communities. Let me give you some info on how it was.

At my original spawn point I made the cave like thing into a home. Surrounding it by layers of glass, and I went underground. In the underground I had a hole (then covered with glass) for my tree farm and wheat farm. I also had a moat surrounding it all. I had a little homemade waterfall on my entrance, and one going down to my farm.

Then I begin to build a bridge across the land and then across the a body of water, to the place where I made a little home to farm monster goodies. Then I made a church with a huge tower at the top to hideout from enemies and snipe them with my bow (had a tree at the top:D ). Then to the left of that was an experiment gone horribly wrong. Next to this was the hill where my farming goodies home was.

So I begin to cross a mini lake and I see open space! There I see summer in one block then winter in the next! It was awesome! I built my home there!

I then made my 50x50 home 2 story home. I had a attic, and a basement that led to each little tower I made at the corners of my home. The front yard was about 60x40 or so. It contained a flower bed, a huge (like I said original fountain made by me;) ) fountain, a cacti farm, and my fence and cacti fence that surrounded it all. On all 4 corners of my front yard, I put mini towers that went up 5 blocks, they where on the outside and I can only get to them through my basement.

Then in my backyard (the snow part) I found a very small 2 sided cave :D. It was filled with water! So I made it my little pool!

Then I began to put a 10 block up wall, which the pesky spiders would have trouble with at me cacti trap at the bottom;). The wall covered my new tree tower (where I sniped enemies) and my little wheat farm.

I would have added so much stuff, but then my cousin broke my computer:(. Oh yea this house was from June. I'm making another house in my cousins computer, so I'll show you guys when I'm done:)

Sorry about the huge post about my home:/ Just really needed to share it:)
So I have to cover my wall in Obsidian? Then how will I see out? And if I can't see out, are the mobs not gonna sneak up on my poor defenceless house? Or let the light from the back wall (which is completely covered in torches) escape to stop mobs from spawning?

javier995
01-04-2012, 10:48 AM
So I have to cover my wall in Obsidian? Then how will I see out? And if I can't see out, are the mobs not gonna sneak up on my poor defenceless house? Or let the light from the back wall (which is completely covered in torches) escape to stop mobs from spawning?

You know I was only trying to be helpful...

If you make your wall out of obsidian, you can always put windows in it. Maybe you can even do what I did. Cover your whole front wall (from a cave) with something hard to be blown up by creepers. Then (make this any size you want) make a glass and water look through thing. Go down 3 squares from the base of your wall, and cover (the size ?x? You want) with glass. Then add water all over it, make it a still water pool so it can look 'nice'. Then cover that in glass. This way you can see monsters, but they won't see you.

You took a simple suggestion that I made to layer your wall a bit(so it won't get blown up by creepers so easily), and well made a reply with negative tone. Whatever you're implying in your post, idc I just tried helping you. Do as you wish I won't try to help you anymore if this is the way you'll respond.

TheChairmaker
01-05-2012, 01:03 AM
You know I was only trying to be helpful...

If you make your wall out of obsidian, you can always put windows in it. Maybe you can even do what I did. Cover your whole front wall (from a cave) with something hard to be blown up by creepers. Then (make this any size you want) make a glass and water look through thing. Go down 3 squares from the base of your wall, and cover (the size ?x? You want) with glass. Then add water all over it, make it a still water pool so it can look 'nice'. Then cover that in glass. This way you can see monsters, but they won't see you.

You took a simple suggestion that I made to layer your wall a bit(so it won't get blown up by creepers so easily), and well made a reply with negative tone. Whatever you're implying in your post, idc I just tried helping you. Do as you wish I won't try to help you anymore if this is the way you'll respond.
My sincere apologies. I didn't intend for it to be taken that seriously. I think I will do as you suggest - windows - again, sorry I never thought of it before I had a bit of a mini-rant :cower: