PDA

View Full Version : Player Moderators?

laquint
07-22-2010, 04:55 PM
This has been suggested quite afew time's just like most of the people that have posted this have tooken this idea from runescape which i am a player moderator on there and a moderator on the forums if you have played afew of these game's you would notice that you have rank's and different name colors i like this idea the reason afew people disagree is because they don't want other players to be better than them the reason i say this is because obviously game's need money and usually these features cost which these jealous players don't have money so they disagree what do you think about the idea? P.S No edit atleast i'm speaking english this time..

Cascade
07-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Please stop posting and bumping stuff like crazy! Your driving me crazy!

Royce
07-22-2010, 05:06 PM
have tooken this idea from runescape which i am a player moderator on there and a moderator on the forums

Scariest, and funniest Laquint post yet, and if true, best reason ever not to play runescape :P

roguedubb
07-22-2010, 05:16 PM
For me it isn't a question of jealousy, I simply haven't seen the need for player moderators in-game or on the forum. Paying a few dollars to get a special colour or rank or some other cosmetic distinction would be fine. Paying a few dollars to get moderator rights seems like a bad idea. Players can self-moderate anyway - junk posters quickly become well known and ignored or burnt, informative posters get real discussion happening and build up useful sources of information, posts get voted up or down accordingly. Moderators are generally only needed to step in when inappropriate content comes up, or if spam is an issue and so far the STS moderators are doing a great job.

I guess my question is:
What exactly would a player moderator do, in-game and on the forums and should any player be able to pay for that?

laquint
07-22-2010, 05:22 PM
I don't really understand your question?

jonboy
07-22-2010, 05:23 PM
So what your really after is some way to lord it over other players right?
What is it with this "I want it now and I don't want to work for it" generation.

Like I demand to be able to buy he respect and authority I believe should be mine.

Cascade
07-22-2010, 05:24 PM
We don't even need moderators yet...

laquint
07-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Buying leadership 500k? Well if the moderator's are not needed "YET" atleast some rank's with colored names be implemented!?

Cascade
07-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Nope we don't need people thinking they are all that because they have a colored name...We don't want people bossing everyone around..

Royce
07-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Nope we don't need people thinking they are all that because they have a colored name...We don't want people bossing everyone around..

Add that to the ironic situation here, where this thread was started by a guy who entered town today and said "I own this room" then proceeded to tell everyone he has cancer, is a cripple, had his account hacked, and that his mom died in an attempt to get free gold, and whose birday it is... for the second time this week.

smokester
07-22-2010, 05:35 PM
bad idea and failed thread... AND we already talked about how moms need to be moderators in this game lol

laquint
07-22-2010, 05:42 PM
My mom is already a moderator...

Kingofthebear
07-22-2010, 10:04 PM
No edit atleast i'm speaking english this time..

Uh, not even close. I gave up trying to read that giant run-on you have there. Oy vey!