PDA

View Full Version : @STS: Can we have a 1v1 map?

Sun
01-03-2012, 01:22 PM
I think it would be a great idea. By a 1v1 map, I mean something very simple, like a map with a whole lot of green and blue orbs along a wall or something, to quickly restore hp and mana and get back to fighting. Of course 1v1 isn't a very prevalent form of pvp in pocket legends, but for the people such as myself who enjoy it, this would be a much appreciated addition. As it is right now, one person usually rejoins the game after a fight to get full health. Maybe I'm just impatient, but I find it kind of annoying when after every fight the winner has to wait 10 seconds to avoid getting a death for leaving in combat, then re-type the game password and join again.

The map itself wouldn't have to be very intricate at all in design - something so simple as a medium sized circle or square would work just fine. Enough space to allow for some kiting, but small enough so that you could always know where your opponent is on your screen ("Forest Fight" size-ish?) And of course, either along an edge, or any place out of the way really, a few health and mana orbs. I think 2 of each would be sufficient.

What do you guys think? Good idea? Not necessary?

MightyMicah
01-03-2012, 01:27 PM
I like it. Only problem I could see would be rusher abuse. The guy could rush then grab an orb and keep constantly rushing without slowly getting his health drained you know? However, rushers already abuse PvP to the max so that's a minor problem. All IMO of course :)

Samhayne
01-03-2012, 01:28 PM
I know Thade had fun making maps for SL PvP. I'll see if he has some time to make another map for PL, although he's pretty slammed with everything else cooking in house. I'm not sure if the orbs is a good idea, as MightyMicah mentions. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Montanabro
01-03-2012, 02:16 PM
I know Thade had fun making maps for SL PvP. I'll see if he has some time to make another map for PL, although he's pretty slammed with everything else cooking in house. I'm not sure if the orbs is a good idea, as MightyMicah mentions. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Since we are talking about PvP, is there any chance of forthcoming rewards for PvP? Items? Titles? Gold/credits? Expanded leaderboards so regular gamers can see how they stack up (not only the elite Top 5)? Unfortunately I have to cycle through about 5 of my SL/PL characters before finding a PvP match, and even then I sometimes don't. I think giving some sort of rewards, a la WoW, would encourage more PvPing.

Slcinuup
01-03-2012, 02:27 PM
How about after someone kills the other person they are both reset at the starting spawn with full health.

Matutd
01-03-2012, 02:31 PM
How about after someone kills the other person they are both reset at the starting spawn with full health.
This couldn't happen, because people play by different rules. This would totally ruin the fun of a good ol' free for all

Sun
01-03-2012, 03:07 PM

Understandable. I appreciate you even taking a look at this thread, thanks.

I should clarify that my idea behind this map is that it would be used ONLY for 1v1. Meaning there would be no rushers, or FFA. There are plenty of other great maps for that. The orbs would be the primary selling point behind this map...other wise it would be just like all the others with having to rejoin the game after a fight.

Elitephonix
01-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Hmm...... Maybe not 1v1 u can do that in forest fights... But a free for all... no teams just 1v1v1v1v1v1v1 or even more u could even put a max. amount of people that can join like maybe 10 people cna pvp or even 20?

Thade
01-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Hey all,

I'm now working on a 1 v 1 map for PL.

About PvP rewards. Rewards for PvP are something I'd really like to see in the future once the PvP experience is consistent. Features like PvP matches only starting once preconditions are met (Both teams are full) are key to making PvP a more reliably enjoyable experience. Right now, as you all know PvP can at times be fun or not based on all parties involved playing by the "rules". Until PvP matches have that structure built in, I don't think we can reward players for PvPing well.

Montanabro
01-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Hey all,

About PvP rewards. Rewards for PvP are something I'd really like to see in the future once the PvP experience is consistent. Features like PvP matches only starting once preconditions are met (Both teams are full) are key to making PvP a more reliably enjoyable experience. Right now, as you all know PvP can at times be fun or not based on all parties involved playing by the "rules". Until PvP matches have that structure built in, I don't think we can reward players for PvPing well.

Thanks for replying, Thade. Much appreciated.

How can we implement "structure" into PvP?

javier995
01-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Hey all,

Awesome! Remember to put on a wall or something "Thade was here :p"!

Thade
01-03-2012, 05:15 PM
You can't Montanabro, it's something we need to build into the PvP maps.

Swimmingstar
01-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Yay 1v1 maps!

Montanabro
01-03-2012, 06:10 PM
You can't Montanabro, it's something we need to build into the PvP maps.

With "we" I was trying to be more polite than saying "what do YOU need to do?" Anyway, I hope the structure comes soon because a lot of my friends have left or are leaving to other games with more robust PvP.

Edit: I like this game a lot, which is why I've invested so much in it and am encouraging the PvP to be revamped. It would be unfortunate to to see players leave because of a fixable flaw.

XghostzX
01-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Wow three dev comments in one PvP thread! This is definitely going to be good.

Elitephonix
01-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Hmm... mke it like rpg lol jk
But 1v1 underwater map
Hmm is this gonna cost like 10plat?

Riccits
01-04-2012, 07:44 AM
good news here! :)

since this gonna be a 1vs1 map, both players should just reset after each fight. would save a lot time for both.
like sun already said, as level 10 the hp-regen is really to low, u need always to wait, rejoin, and also retyping password. a 1vs1 map woudnt have much sense if it would be the same like a standard map.

costing plat? hmmm, if its made well i would pay...

JaytB
01-04-2012, 08:40 AM
Yes to 1vs1 maps! :D

Ixillicus
01-04-2012, 12:57 PM
A 1v1 map would be good for duels and tourneys. It could be as simple as releasing the same maps we already use with the limitation of 1 person on each team.

Jewelsofjane
01-04-2012, 01:02 PM
A 1v1 map would be good for duels and tourneys. It could be as simple as releasing the same maps we already use with the limitation of 1 person on each team.
Agree, only I know that it has been asked before to allow bystanders. Like allow 1 from each team in pvp and maybe 2 others that cannot be in combat. I enjoy watching big matches as well as some matches need judges etc.

Ixillicus
01-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Agree, only I know that it has been asked before to allow bystanders. Like allow 1 from each team in pvp and maybe 2 others that cannot be in combat. I enjoy watching big matches as well as some matches need judges etc.

Yeah, if bystanders or judges are needed than a passworded 3v3 map would have to work. I dont think the devs have the time (or will choose) to put too much effort in to it because of the low return, so the 1v1 map would really only serve a good purpose for PUGs, simply using the old maps again with a 1-person per team limit. If the game is gonna need a password or judge im sure that any spectators/judges allowed in would be agreeable to stay out of the way. Programming something else in like a spectator thing is probably harder than it sounds. But it would be nice if it were an option.

Sun
01-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Hey all,

Awesome!!

Fncrazy
01-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Why can't sts just add trash loot to matches so we at least win something in pvp?

Montanabro
01-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Why can't sts just add trash loot to matches so we at least win something in pvp?

?? You can see above I asked why we can't get something for PvP and was told STS needs to improve maps before they can do it.

Lowlyspy
01-04-2012, 03:32 PM
If I am correct, in one of the swamp pvp maps you can get loot from the barrels, though they arent very good.

Zapoke
01-04-2012, 03:38 PM
If I am correct, in one of the swamp pvp maps you can get loot from the barrels, though they arent very good.

You can get loot from any map with barrels, though the drops differ. You can get a few gray to green items in forest manor. In the alien oasis map you can get kite shields (only level 40's drop anymore, though there use to be 30-40).

Fncrazy
01-04-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm talking about trash loot like in fang. Were you get 100-200 per item to liquidate

Zapoke
01-04-2012, 03:47 PM
I'm talking about trash loot like in fang. Were you get 100-200 per item to liquidate

Liquidation depends on what kind of item and what level the item is. A level 40 green robe liquidates for over 100.

Gracious
01-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Awesome idea sun.

+1

Riccits
01-05-2012, 02:46 AM

i would love this too.. it wont make u rich, but at least get some money instead of nothing.

Zerious
01-05-2012, 08:54 PM
how about.... when someone dies, they drop health and mana orbs? idk. I love this idea. This way people like me, who go back and forth from rushing to 1v1s can still have the best of both worlds :)

Mothwing
01-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Awesome idea, and great response G! Cant wait!! =)