PDA

View Full Version : Change my mind- mage ult meteor is inferior to energize

Stephencobear
12-17-2019, 01:17 AM
Hi mages,
Why spec meteor?

I get that anyone can do what they want but, in what instance is meteor better than energize?
Refute or pls stop w the pretty fireworks wkwkwkhuehuehue

Don’t make me mention heal smh, just stop,
Ty lol, have a good day.

will0
12-17-2019, 01:20 AM
meteor - non for me ... energize rules .. the shield is useless too unless it is like nekro shield or better

Dropdamic
12-17-2019, 01:30 AM
Completely agree +1!

FeelingLazy
12-17-2019, 01:45 AM
Amazing ult and probably the best in the game.

Bluehazee
12-17-2019, 03:21 AM
It has been like this since ultimates released :p
If you wait for energize when all skills are ready to use, can overlap 3 shields in a row and boost your pt dmg, plus all weapons can proc easier due to haste boost on auto attack.
Only situation where meteor is useful is when ebon armor proc is up, but still dmg range is too big imo (for example can do 125k - 950k dmg, big difference) and very short window to use it.
I still see many mages using meteor with str build....

QuaseT
12-17-2019, 09:40 AM
Meteor is very op for hardcore. And the shield ult can be used for harder maps with giants if u made a fault in ur movement.

Stephencobear
12-17-2019, 10:27 PM
Meteor is very op for hardcore. And the shield ult can be used for harder maps with giants if u made a fault in ur movement.

Ok, good point that hc may make a difference, and many hc may be subject to the difference of having to play alone (or not if lucky). Another difference might be if hc uses plat but that’s another complication.
Let me try to show simply with numbers.

Let’s say you only have two attacks, maybe fire and lightning. Energize lasts about ten seconds, those 2 skills mentioned recharge nearly every second. Yet I’ll be conservative n say u get off 9 of those 2 skills in that time.
Fire 5k x 9 = 45k plus 10 x 9 = 90. 135k over 9 sec.

Meteor damage ranges 106 -255k

Essentially even if you are alone and using only two damage skills you are comparable to the meteor ult.
If you have 3 damage skills the chance is even better, if you have one partner your overall damage output jumps exponentially.
With 2 ppl that damage again jumps exponentially.

Meteor can’t compare in general, I just don’t see it o.O

Kystone
12-17-2019, 11:00 PM
Speak louder for the mages in the back still using flame staff with meteor

Allset
12-18-2019, 12:43 AM
Energizer is probably the best ultimate in the game because it let's you and everyone in your group go HAM with your powers for at least 6 seconds. It might even be a few more seconds than that[emoji378]

Rogue[emoji1655]

Deuteronomy
12-18-2019, 01:28 AM
Energize is a dumb PVE ulti.. In PVE, meteor is much more useful. I ran fester with another mage and the meteor was a god send. Energize is stupid in PVE and probably best in PVP.

Deuteronomy
12-18-2019, 01:32 AM
Energizer is probably the best ultimate in the game because it let's you and everyone in your group go HAM with your powers for at least 6 seconds. It might even be a few more seconds than that[emoji378]

Rogue[emoji1655]

Rogue refuel is the best PVE ulti, it only sucks when stupid rogues use it at the wrong moment.

Dropdamic
12-18-2019, 02:03 AM
Energize is a dumb PVE ulti.. In PVE, meteor is much more useful. I ran fester with another mage and the meteor was a god send. Energize is stupid in PVE and probably best in PVP.Lol! Ultimates dont work in pvp.

Dropdamic
12-18-2019, 02:06 AM
Rogue refuel is the best PVE ulti, it only sucks when stupid rogues use it at the wrong moment.Refuel is for people who dont have speed sets.

Bluehazee
12-18-2019, 05:04 AM
Energize is a dumb PVE ulti.. In PVE, meteor is much more useful. I ran fester with another mage and the meteor was a god send. Energize is stupid in PVE and probably best in PVP.

XDD

Im speechless

slaaayerrr
12-18-2019, 05:19 AM

May i know your ign?

Perceval
12-18-2019, 05:28 AM
Curse is overpowered enough.

Grimmstroke
12-18-2019, 05:45 AM

energizer is op in pve lol it can support your team with cd reduction of skills and can kill mobs faster with 6x str warrior op combo also 2 mage in map can cycle the ulti right now in my opinion energizer is dope in meta hving a rogue that spamms aimshot and ebon bow normal attcks really shut boss really fast

Deuteronomy
12-18-2019, 06:02 AM
May i know your ign?

No you may not. Like I said, energize is a dumb PVE ultimate period. Refuel is better because no mana cost. You get attacks off much better with refuel. Energize runs out of mana too fast.

slaaayerrr
12-18-2019, 06:04 AM
Like I said, energize is a dumb PVE ultimate period. Energize runs out of mana too fast.
and in pvp energize is best, right? :D
what about rogue? which ultimate is better for PVP? refuel or aim shot?

jokes aside, just dont be so nervous when u are trying to prove some dumb things, there are many idiots in game, u are not only the one

EpicX
12-18-2019, 06:16 AM
and in pvp energize is best, right? :D
what about rogue? which ultimate is better for PVP? refuel or aim shot?

well it must be! can spam skills and get kills easier in pvp that way. Just lurk around and use energize to kill all enemy. gg ez.

FeelingLazy
12-18-2019, 06:18 AM
energize is a dumb pve ulti.. In pve, meteor is much more useful. I ran fester with another mage and the meteor was a god send. Energize is stupid in pve and probably best in pvp.ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

slaaayerrr
12-18-2019, 06:20 AM
well it must be! can spam skills and get kills easier in pvp that way. Just lurk around and use energize to kill all enemy. gg ez.

idk idk, he said it will drain mana fast ?!

Energize runs out of mana too fast.

arcanefid
12-18-2019, 07:26 AM
Ok, good point that hc may make a difference, and many hc may be subject to the difference of having to play alone (or not if lucky). Another difference might be if hc uses plat but that’s another complication.
Let me try to show simply with numbers.

Let’s say you only have two attacks, maybe fire and lightning. Energize lasts about ten seconds, those 2 skills mentioned recharge nearly every second. Yet I’ll be conservative n say u get off 9 of those 2 skills in that time.
Fire 5k x 9 = 45k plus 10 x 9 = 90. 135k over 9 sec.

Meteor damage ranges 106 -255k

Essentially even if you are alone and using only two damage skills you are comparable to the meteor ult.
If you have 3 damage skills the chance is even better, if you have one partner your overall damage output jumps exponentially.
With 2 ppl that damage again jumps exponentially.

Meteor can’t compare in general, I just don’t see it o.O

Maybe sometimes it is better to do 50K damage in one second than 1,000,000 damage in 9 seconds. Sometimes time is not on your side. :P

Allset
12-18-2019, 08:46 AM
Rogue refuel is the best PVE ulti, it only sucks when stupid rogues use it at the wrong moment.That's a cute point of view. I have a speed set I switch to, so I feel it's a waste. I don't use any rogue utilities. I put all those points into masteries and if I had to use one it would be Ultimate Aimed Shot for boss damage. If rogue's had Energizer I would use it because it turns my character into a lawnmower when a mage use it.

Rogue[emoji1655]

Allset
12-18-2019, 09:05 AM
No you may not. Like I said, energize is a dumb PVE ultimate period. Refuel is better because no mana cost. You get attacks off much better with refuel. Energize runs out of mana too fast.You do realize in pve no one cares about mana cost by the time you get to use the ultimate. Energizer turns the mage & everyone with them into a AK47/automatic weapons...

Rogue[emoji1655]

Overgrown
12-18-2019, 10:12 AM
Energize is a dumb PVE ulti.. In PVE, meteor is much more useful. I ran fester with another mage and the meteor was a god send. Energize is stupid in PVE and probably best in PVP.Come on, this guy needs recognition in proving Darwin's theory of evolution, that some still left behind :)

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk

Wutzgood
12-18-2019, 04:44 PM
It has its place on support mages but for full offense ones I prefer meteor for the quick heavy damage. I use fire, ice, lightning and wind so I’m already rapid firing my spells. That 6 seconds doesn’t really help me compared to dropping the meteor on a boss.

That’s just my opinion. I was never a support mage tho. I’ve been using 4 attack spells since 31 was the cap lol.

Deuteronomy
12-18-2019, 05:10 PM
You do realize in pve no one cares about mana cost by the time you get to use the ultimate. Energizer turns the mage & everyone with them into a AK47/automatic weapons...

Rogue[emoji1655]

Come on, this guy needs recognition in proving Darwin's theory of evolution, that some still left behind :)

LOL. I am Darwin's daddy, I taught him everything he knows.

But on a serious note, builds and skill use is different for all players. The way I play, energize is just another support skill, probably chronically used by healers. Meteor gets me through maps like fester and Morgana much better. I have never ran a map and was like, "OMG, it's the ENERGIZE skill, we are in business". I like refuel better because when it's activated, I spam my 4 attack skills and destroy stuff. That's my play style.

Encryptions
12-18-2019, 05:13 PM
Hold up a second, so warriors can't use ultimate skills in pvp but mages can? Sts what is this.

Deuteronomy
12-18-2019, 05:18 PM
Hold up a second, so warriors can't use ultimate skills in pvp but mages can? Sts what is this.

I don't PVP, so I do not know whether or not mages or warrior ultimates are usable there. I was just assuming that energize would probably be best in PVP because in PVE, it is not really useful for me. I'd personally prefer refuel/meteor in PVE. That's just my play style.

arcanefid
12-18-2019, 06:40 PM
I don't PVP, so I do not know whether or not mages or warrior ultimates are usable there. I was just assuming that energize would probably be best in PVP because in PVE, it is not really useful for me. I'd personally prefer refuel/meteor in PVE. That's just my play style.

Ultimates are not available in PVP sir. Are you aware that Energize ultimate works for the whole party? When you have a full party spamming skills in a boss they die pretty damn fast, and in addition, you can sync up with a warrior and use Energize/Rage ultimates at the same time; you'll be saying then: "OMG, it's the ENERGIZE skill, we are in business"

Encryptions
12-18-2019, 06:43 PM
Ultimates are not available in PVP sir. Are you aware that Energize ultimate works for the whole party? When you have a full party spamming skills in a boss they die pretty damn fast, and in addition, you can sync up with a warrior and use Energize/Rage ultimates at the same time; you'll be saying then: "OMG, it's the ENERGIZE skill, we are in business"
Bosses hp after the rage plus energize combo.

Deuteronomy
12-18-2019, 06:58 PM

Bosses hp after the rage plus energize combo.

Yeah. I getcha.

My play style setup/build needs no energize. Everybody is different, I have never had a mage use energize and it made a difference. My build is geared towards total attacks and insane critical. Everybody is different. I'd just prefer something other than support and energize.

But, everyone is different.

I ran a map with a warrior the other day (Fester), and his damage was so excellent that energize would have been useless.

arcanefid
12-18-2019, 07:12 PM
Yeah. I getcha.

My play style setup/build needs no energize. Everybody is different, I have never had a mage use energize and it made a difference. My build is geared towards total attacks and insane critical. Everybody is different. I'd just prefer something other than support and energize.

But, everyone is different.

I ran a map with a warrior the other day (Fester), and his damage was so excellent that energize would have been useless.

All good homie, I agree that everyone has their own playstyle, and I respect that you stick to your ways. Best of luck to you and people who run with you.

Deuteronomy
12-18-2019, 07:15 PM
All good homie, I agree that everyone has their own playstyle, and I respect that you stick to your ways. Best of luck to you and people who run with you.

:loyal:

Sounds good.

Allset
12-18-2019, 07:16 PM
It's so funny to me this is even really a convo... Like saying I would rather be the minute man instead of the dude who goes all night. Really? Which one is better. Crazy

Rogue[emoji1655]

Deuteronomy
12-18-2019, 07:29 PM
It's so funny to me this is even really a convo... Like saying I would rather be the minute man instead of the dude who goes all night. Really? Which one is better. Crazy

Rogue[emoji1655]

You not understanding things is probably why you were kicked from Chivalrous Union Guild.

Get it together, bro.

Stephencobear
12-18-2019, 09:15 PM
It has its place on support mages but for full offense ones I prefer meteor for the quick heavy damage. I use fire, ice, lightning and wind so I’m already rapid firing my spells. That 6 seconds doesn’t really help me compared to dropping the meteor on a boss.

That’s just my opinion. I was never a support mage tho. I’ve been using 4 attack spells since 31 was the cap lol.

we can prove with numbers that meteor can’t do as much damage as a party who are able to spam all skills, so I wouldn’t call energize a support skill. It does more damage and the effects that your party have from their skills, such as armor reduce, stuns etc are piled on mobs. Meteor has no other effect other than damage.

So far the only arguments against seem to be;
1- speed of effect (1 sec for max 255k dam vs the total damage output of a pt taking 10 sec). I’m not sure where this is generally better.
Or 2: it drains mana. Uh ok, but if you’re a mage and run out of mana I see what the problem really is.

Also the sentence- I ran with a war and his damage was so good energize would have been useless is completely illogical.
If he had great damage, then it would have been better to do more damage faster, period.

Jairus980
12-18-2019, 09:25 PM
Each class ultimate has offense, defense and support
Mage offense is meteor, defense is shield and support is energize
War offense is rage, defense is immortal and support is reflect
Rogue offense is aim shot, defense is (I forgot) and support is fuel.

All ultimate is good and every ultimate has its own role to fit your playstyle.

Stephencobear
12-18-2019, 09:37 PM

This is exactly what I’m countering. If energize does more damage and piles on more debuffs from skills, it is a better OFFENCE skill than meteor.

I’ll still agree to that I’m not telling u how to play, just saying a str mage w meteor, heal, and a hex/ds staff is gonna get left in the dust when forming a pt.

Deuteronomy
12-18-2019, 09:37 PM
we can prove with numbers that meteor can’t do as much damage as a party who are able to spam all skills, so I wouldn’t call energize a support skill. It does more damage and the effects that your party have from their skills, such as armor reduce, stuns etc are piled on mobs. Meteor has no other effect other than damage.

So far the only arguments against seem to be;
1- speed of effect (1 sec for max 255k dam vs the total damage output of a pt taking 10 sec). I’m not sure where this is generally better.
Or 2: it drains mana. Uh ok, but if you’re a mage and run out of mana I see what the problem really is.

Also the sentence- I ran with a war and his damage was so good energize would have been useless is completely illogical.
If he had great damage, then it would have been better to do more damage faster, period.

When running a map where people know what they are doing, energize is not necessary. Bottom line.

Each class ultimate has offense, defense and support
War offense is rage, defense is immortal and support is reflect
Rogue offense is aim shot, defense is (I forgot) and support is fuel.

I can agree. If a player has a dumb setup/play style, what should they expect? Energhize is for nabs.

Stephencobear
12-18-2019, 09:44 PM
Deuts best input to counter all arguments has been
“dumb”
“I run out of mana”
“Not necessary”
And “for nabs”
While showing no math or actually countering all the valid points others make.

Bite the hook at your own risk folks

Lmao

Kystone
12-18-2019, 09:50 PM
Running a map where people know what they're doing, meteor is not necessary. Mobs are light work, meteor does miniscule dmg to bosses. Energize gives a buff to everyone, faster dmg = faster proc rate. I do not see your point at all saying energize is for nabs. I say that when people use meteor. But that's your opinion

will0
12-18-2019, 09:53 PM
Running a map where people know what they're doing, meteor is not necessary. Mobs are light work, meteor does miniscule dmg to bosses. Energize gives a buff to everyone, faster dmg = faster proc rate. I do not see your point at all saying energize is for nabs. I say that when people use meteor. But that's your opinion

total agree with energize. Personal play style and opinion on this.

This thread should be locked ..

Stephencobear
12-18-2019, 10:07 PM
total agree with energize. Personal play style and opinion on this.

This thread should be locked ..

I didn’t think it was gonna go in this direction, I’m not gonna fuel it, sorry folks.
Ty all for the earnest input, have fun hehehhh
Requesting lock....

Allset
12-18-2019, 10:07 PM
You not understanding things is probably why you were kicked from Chivalrous Union Guild.

Get it together, bro.I told the master she was dumb for letting in chumps like you & bounced cause I knew the boot was coming. That's a fact jack...

Rogue[emoji1655]

Wutzgood
12-18-2019, 10:12 PM
Energize is a support skill whether you believe it or not. Energize helps the party out like you are saying but It doesn’t help a mage who’s already spamming 4 attack skills. Your mind isn’t gonna be changed just like you won’t be changing anyone else’s. Different play styles for different people.

For soloing tho meteor will always be better.

Honestly this whole topic reminds me of back in the day when some rogues were saying all mages should spec heal so they wouldn’t have to spam pots and could just spam attacks.

Stephencobear
12-18-2019, 10:17 PM
@ Wutz

If it does more damage and debuffs/effects then it is more offense than meteor.

I am spamming 4 attack skills also

Deuteronomy
12-18-2019, 10:23 PM
Energize is a support skill whether you believe it or not. Energize helps the party out like you are saying but It doesn’t help a mage who’s already spamming 4 attack skills. Your mind isn’t gonna be changed just like you won’t be changing anyone else’s. Different play styles for different people.

For soloing tho meteor will always be better.

Honestly this whole topic reminds me of back in the day when some rogues were saying all mages should spec heal so they wouldn’t have to spam pots and could just spam attacks.

I'm loving this poster right now.

Wutzgood
12-18-2019, 10:28 PM
@stephen

It’s not guaranteed to do more damage. It might if you have a full party and if they can put out enough damage quick enough.

Meteor is guaranteed damage. That’s what I prefer. But to each their own.

Deuteronomy
12-18-2019, 10:34 PM
@stephen

It’s not guaranteed to do more damage. It might if you have a full party and if they can put out enough damage quick enough.

I wish I could do double thanks. These nabs don't understand, they just post to post. You are %100 correct, bro.

I love it.

Overgrown
12-18-2019, 11:06 PM
When running a map where people know what they are doing, energize is not necessary. Bottom line.

I can agree. If a player has a dumb setup/play style, what should they expect? Energhize is for nabs.Come on Darwin's daddy, you can think better than that.

Be logical and use a calculator, or eat the calculator maybe it can trigger your dry and slow working braincells. Bottom line.

Stephencobear
12-18-2019, 11:14 PM
@stephen

Let’s compare our 4 attack mages, I’ll assume u have fire light gust and clock.
Without energize those 4 skills in 10 sec (the rough time of energize)
Fire, recharge every 3 sec 5.2 minimum= 15.6
Light, recharge 3 sec 10.6 minimum =31.8
Gust, 5 sec 5.2 min= 5.2
Clock 10 sec =10.5
Minimum damage in 10,sec w/o ult 64k.
So let’s be super conservative and say u can only double damage output ALONE (its way more than my conservative estimate)
2x64k = 128k minimum
The minimum damage of meteor is 106k.

In this case of a 4 attack mage alone, energize is guaranteed to do more damage than meteor.
Not counting teammates, not counting all the debuffs and effects of all party members skills which also happen as oppposed to meteor having no additional effects.

arcanefid
12-19-2019, 05:41 AM
I wish I could do double thanks. These nabs don't understand, they just post to post. You are %100 correct, bro.

I love it.

You defend yourself with the “playstyle” thing, then go on to call everyone else “dumb because energize is for nabs”. I have news for you: you’re the nab.

Wutzgood
12-19-2019, 06:04 AM
Let’s compare our 4 attack mages, I’ll assume u have fire light gust and clock.
Without energize those 4 skills in 10 sec (the rough time of energize)
Fire, recharge every 3 sec 5.2 minimum= 15.6
Light, recharge 3 sec 10.6 minimum =31.8
Gust, 5 sec 5.2 min= 5.2
Clock 10 sec =10.5
Minimum damage in 10,sec w/o ult 64k.
So let’s be super conservative and say u can only double damage output ALONE (its way more than my conservative estimate)
2x64k = 128k minimum
The minimum damage of meteor is 106k.

In this case of a 4 attack mage alone, energize is guaranteed to do more damage than meteor.
Not counting teammates, not counting all the debuffs and effects of all party members skills which also happen as oppposed to meteor having no additional effects.

I don’t use clock because it takes too long to recharge and I like being able to stun, knockdown and freeze mobs.

I use ice instead so I don’t really have to wait to fire off attacks. All 4 have very quick cool downs so no point in speeding it up. It’s just my play style like I said.

Deuteronomy
12-19-2019, 09:07 AM
You defend yourself with the “playstyle” thing, then go on to call everyone else “dumb because energize is for nabs”. I have news for you: you’re the nab.

I'm not a nab. I quit your guild LONG ago. LOL.

But I will be professional here and say use whatever you all like. I will use meteor and others will use energize. Have a great day guys and get ready for WINTER EVENT, looks like it will be VERY cold in arlor.

Maybe time for North Face vanities, LOL!