PDA

View Full Version : Should I play SL, too?

Swimmingstar
01-03-2012, 11:21 PM
I have a L22 or 23 engineer on SL but stopped playing a while back. Should I play again?

Comments and opinions, thanks.

javier995
01-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Depends if you're in for the vicious fights with aliens.

Are you up for it?! Are you ready to not be like the non-healing Engis there is?! Are you ready to reinstall and log onto SL?!

Yea you should play! Loads of fun(:

RedRyder
01-04-2012, 12:19 AM
I played until I realized how useless eng's dot heals are. Their damage output is lame too

javier995
01-04-2012, 12:27 AM
I played until I realized how useless eng's dot heals are. Their damage output is lame too

Some have so much trouble with Engis. They say they suck in pvp and whatnot lol.

I have 20 kills 8 deaths so far on my engi, and it would have stayed at 0 deaths if it weren't for rushers-_-.

KTpantyhose
01-04-2012, 12:30 AM
i would play it more ifmi had more friends on it.

XghostzX
01-04-2012, 12:37 AM
I had a 26 engi and op and quit, but heck, go for it! ;) For me, I can only be addicted to one game at a time xD

javier995
01-04-2012, 12:52 AM

Well hello I'm Javier, it's a pleasure to meet you. Feel free to add me ingame and I'll introduce you to lots of kind people who will help you when you need it!

Swimmingstar
01-04-2012, 01:17 AM
I'll decide to stick to PL right now. I am kinda like cosmic. :D

Kakatoa91
01-04-2012, 01:34 AM
I'll decide to stick to PL right now. I am kinda like cosmic. :D

Cosmic????
Thats a star legend feeling!!!!
Come to SL!
Also in case u didnt notice ur name fit SL perfectly... would it be Swimmingpocket thatd be understantable u stick to PL but not here!
:D

RedRyder
01-04-2012, 07:34 AM
And being that I stopped at 25, I'm too far behind to even want to catch up

MimeRifle
01-04-2012, 09:00 AM

You'd have more friends on it if you played it more!! (the great chicken-egg paradox) :D I can get you hooked up with a whole crowd... stop in!

wvhills
01-04-2012, 10:38 AM
No.

MimeRifle
01-04-2012, 10:42 AM
No.

Wow, Rob... how do you *really* feel? lol!

FluffNStuff
01-04-2012, 11:11 AM
The pink system in SL is completely broken, so it does not serve as an outlet for my severe gambling addiction, so I quit cold turkey and am back to PL to get my fix.

KTpantyhose
01-04-2012, 01:15 PM
You'd have more friends on it if you played it more!! (the great chicken-egg paradox) :D I can get you hooked up with a whole crowd... stop in!

haha of course i joined your guild... maybe i should play it more since I'm a little bored playing pl at the moment. all of my friends kind of disappeared *sad face*

csb
01-04-2012, 01:54 PM
I played SL to 26, and quit because I didn't find any way that I could make a lot of credits farming. I stuck with PL because I was able to make lots of gold consistently by farming. But, PL scaled farming has been nerfed, which destroyed the farming market, so I don't know how to make money in either game.

I don't beg, i like to work for the cash. But, there isn't anything for me to do in either game, unless SL changed since 26 was the max.

Swimmingstar
01-04-2012, 02:07 PM
And being that I stopped at 22-23, I'm too far behind to even want to catch up

This.

RedRyder
01-04-2012, 02:08 PM
I played SL to 26, and quit because I didn't find any way that I could make a lot of credits farming. I stuck with PL because I was able to make lots of gold consistently by farming. But, PL scaled farming has been nerfed, which destroyed the farming market, so I don't know how to make money in either game.

I don't beg, i like to work for the cash. But, there isn't anything for me to do in either game, unless SL changed since 26 was the max.

Yea it changed, people in sl now have as many credits as people in pl have gold lol

Whirlzap
01-04-2012, 02:35 PM
^Plat.
Anyways, yeah I actually find SL to be pretty fun.
Just a bit inactive on it:

TheMatrixMan
01-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Yes

Snakespeare
01-04-2012, 03:10 PM
OK, so there are three people here who could be enjoying Numa, Slouch-o, Shipyards, etc. and are being told various reasons why they shouldn't.

So I will be the opposite.

Gear drops in SL are special for those who are at the highest level of the campaign. For instance in Numa the level 25+ players get better drops than the level 24- players. Knowing this, you can farm wisely and sell to make PLENTY of credits.

First, in Numa you aren't looking for pinks, or purples, but greens. A complete Numa green set is really cool looking no matter what character you play, unless you're stuck on the hot babe look. It's all desert survival looking gear.

But the level 20 to 24 orange gear is also quite valuable. Don't take my word for it, go to CS and see for yourself. So it's a win-win. Higher level players get the cool gear, but lower level players can sell their oranges for stim money.

Then on to Slouch-o, which is a humorous campaign. Man, these games need more humor and a lot of you stopped playing SL before you ever got to see how funny Slouch-o can be. In Slouch-o now you are hoping for purples. But even the green gear sells ok. The purples look OK, especially the wings. But remember, it really doesn't drop purples unless you run as a L30. Most people grind by doing a few lower levels in PUGs, and bailing out before the higher levels. But once you get closer to L30 the higher levels get easier. It's really nicely balanced.

On to UC Shipyard... This is grinder's heaven. You'll spend most of your time leveling in Biosphere. Opinions vary on the L35 purples. I think they are kind of dingy looking, too greyish, but some think it's cool. Gals get to show off cleavage in the L35 gear, but it will be gone again in the L40 gear. All the best gear drops from the bosses in the highest level, which is fine because leveling in Biosphere can get old. If you have been around for a while, you'll know what I mean when I say, Biosphere is the new Halls of Mynas.

The current campaign, which takes you to L40, or 41 if you will, has a WHOLE LOT going for it. I don't want to spoil it, but I will say there are things in this campaign that are very new and unlike any other campaign in any STS game so far. AND... it's only the beginning. STS plans to continue the theme with two more installments. So, if for no other reason, you'll want to do this because it is simply the very best campaign STS has yet written, and there are two more installments to come!

The L40 armor is cool, too. When you are on the concourse and you see these players in their scorn armor and those black and red wings, if you don't have gear envy, you ain't a playa... hehe HURRY NOW and buy the purple L40 gear at awesome prices. The L40 players who run in WF are having L40 purples drop on them a lot, so they are selling pieces for under 100 cred each.

So, yes! You definitely should come back to SL. It is an awesome game which you will realize once you start fighting the Scorn!

PL Playa
01-04-2012, 03:29 PM
For a while I was exactly like this and I decided not to do both at the same time. So I went with PL until 65 and decided it was too much to try for 100k exp, so I went to SL. Now I am absolutely hooked and I want you to give it the chance to do the same :D

XghostzX
01-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Cosmic????
Come to SL!
Also in case u didnt notice ur name fit SL perfectly... would it be Swimmingpocket thatd be understantable u stick to PL but not here!

Cosmic is 100% a PL thing :D

Zombiemurder
01-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Cosmic????
Come to SL!

Cosmic is 100% a PL thing :D

Cosmic is sl feeling cosmic=stars/space which equals sl so umm yeah I'd do sl I played pl to level 10 and got bored then went full sl and got about 400 friends there it's awesome on pl I had 5 nobody accepted my friend requests on sl everyone accepts me no matter Wat level no joke!

csb
01-04-2012, 04:38 PM
For a while I was exactly like this and I decided not to do both at the same time. So I went with PL until 65 and decided it was too much to try for 100k exp, so I went to SL. Now I am absolutely hooked and I want you to give it the chance to do the same :D

I'm 40% into 100k xp on two characters. That took a long time, and i will probably not finish before the next release. It was stupid to even try getting to 66. If it was 50K, I could do that, but at 100k i would be embarrassed to tell any RL friend how much time i spent on one level of a game.

Maybe i will just give up and give PL a rest, then level my SL characters.

Appleisaac
01-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Cosmic is sl feeling cosmic=stars/space which equals sl so umm yeah I'd do sl I played pl to level 10 and got bored then went full sl and got about 400 friends there it's awesome on pl I had 5 nobody accepted my friend requests on sl everyone accepts me no matter Wat level no joke!

Eh... Plz don't insult our community... I love the pl community (not so much shadow cave people, but o well :-D). To be fair you only went to lvl 10 and there are 66 lvls. IMO the community gets/feels better the more you play in any MMO. The reason a don't play sl much is because I can't balance between two games so well, but i have fun whenever i play :)

Swimmingstar
01-05-2012, 12:10 AM
I decided to play sl a little today to see how it was now and pvp is pretty fun. :D When you kill everyone. Lots of rushers. Well pvp in sl doesnt seem 1v1 type so it's fun.