PDA

View Full Version : anybody noticed some greens better than purples?

Iron Hand
01-04-2012, 01:06 AM
seriously other than set bonus some greens are better than regular sets. at l35 n l40

dugantale
01-04-2012, 01:07 AM
I have many times...

LelouchX
01-04-2012, 03:08 AM
I know lots of people that would go with green sets over purple one, but this was when the purple ones were actually rare. in slouch, the green set for and engi would boot your intelligence about 20 points compared to the purples I believe, and 20 int gave a huge increase to damage and other stats. idk what greens do now, haven't looked into it much

Iron Hand
01-04-2012, 03:18 AM
same some what with the new greens too.. such as commando damage n to hit is better.

Kahlua
01-04-2012, 04:01 AM
It's all a matter of preference and if you prefer extra hp/damage/base skill stats over the skills like dodge and crit and stuff. The greens offer more basic class specific skills while the epics offer the 'custom' skills.

Anishavie
01-04-2012, 07:19 AM
But right now I don wanna use green because wtf is up with all the SHOKITE/DENTURIUM/POLYSNYTH

to much when will it end I'm getting sick of it

They don't even look cool

Iron Hand
01-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Lol kind of what i was thinking but hey at least we get a few creds for getting rid of. Found a mix of green and epics can help.. but what i was really hoping for is some very rare pink armor to go with legendary weapons and shields :)

Lazaras
01-04-2012, 11:06 AM
For all we know there /is/ pink armor... but it has such absurdly low drop rates nobody's seen any.

KillaSkillz
01-04-2012, 11:41 AM
No Epic shields, no Legendary anything, no warfather. Even if the legendary was bypassed for vanity instead, and epic shields were forgotten, no warfather with plenty of volaria references to him I think would indicate there is more to come in volaria. Heck, there is 8 boxes for game selection and 5 used as usual, but the 3 transporter circles on the command deck have to be there for a reason, right?
I may be wrong,,,, its happened before :)

Iron Hand
01-04-2012, 01:33 PM
I am sure plans for expansion on the way, it does take time to develop and implementing a piece at a time keeps you interested in whats to come. For using mixed armor i know some do not care for look but vanities can help cover some of it up. As far as economy wise i feel greens help to get us to the next epic level just wished there was a little more seperation in stats... And it is hard when an epic armor becomes cheaper in auction than commons or uncommons so to make custom is almost not worth the creds as there is not that much of a difference even with full set bonus.

Ihavenokills
01-04-2012, 10:06 PM
L40 purple armour is selling for 25 each piece in AH. nuff said

Vladrac
01-05-2012, 09:55 AM
I've personally opted some greens over some purples throughout the last there campaigns for a small stat boost, usually for an extra Hit or Crit.

BodMaster
01-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Buddy at lower levels you find Orange drops better than Greens and Plat ;)

Like Kally kind of said, if you prefer that extra HP and MP boost then you are always better off with the highest gear (discluding Set bonuses/Custom). And tho the stat does not your main attribute will raise your stats a little higher than shown. If you prefer just one main stat like myslef on my main as much Dodge as possible (willing to take the sacrifice of other stats) then you just pick that one piece from the set. :)

My Twinks have Pink/Green/Plat and I still prefer some Orange for Max DPS on my Op over them. Though I get asked 'why?' all the time..

MimeRifle
01-05-2012, 10:39 AM
I've known for years that the Packers are better than the Vikings! (Pack 15-1, Vikes 3-13)

What? Wasn't that the question?!? (Yes, this was a *real* troll job, but I do hope the comic contribution made it worthwhile!! I keep gettin' lucky. lol)

Teddyache
01-06-2012, 09:14 AM
I noticed this at level 30 and now I have both green and epic sets at 30, 35, and 40. I create a load out for each and switch them mid run depending on circumstances such as party make up and mob difficulty. I made a level 30 custom set for the bonus but it stopped being worth it for me due to cost but my engineer still uses that for mana regen from time to time.