PDA

View Full Version : Fake ambassador clan made me lol

Appleisaac
01-04-2012, 04:29 PM
There is a fake ambassador guild called ambasadors of alterra! One "s" short :-D! Idk if this is wrong but it sure is funny.

NECROREAPER
01-04-2012, 04:32 PM
It's been reported already. Their name has been changed.

Appleisaac
01-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Wow tht was fast... I really JUST saw one like 3 min ago

Artentreri
01-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Good eye apple. Way to stay on top of things. Haha.

maneatingtree
01-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Whats new name

Cahaun
01-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Whats new name
Guardians of Alterra (:rolleyes: not really)

Appleisaac
01-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Guardians of Alterra (:rolleyes: not really)
Lol!!!!!!

NECROREAPER
01-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Nah that guild exists already too, although no real GOA are in that guild.

Skeletonlord
01-04-2012, 05:08 PM
I reported one of the guild members for it. I also took a few pics, and messaged flip. I too thought this was strange, and was going to make a thread about this.

WoundedEagle
01-04-2012, 05:26 PM

Guardians of Alterra I created, with GoA alts in it ;) Gaurdians Of Alterra was the fail guild ;)

Jugernugett
01-04-2012, 05:31 PM
I reported one of the guild members for it. I also took a few pics, and messaged flip. I too thought this was strange, and was going to make a thread about this.no, do not let the members suffer. Get to the guild master and tell him to change name.

Samhayne
01-04-2012, 06:11 PM
It was already taken care of, the Guildmaster is a very nice guy.

Matutd
01-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Also, the member that I saw from this guild was NOT imitating the ambassadors at all. In fact, he was saying, I'm not a rea ambassador :)

Appleisaac
01-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Tht is true :) all I said was tht it was a funny guild name xD

Elementron
01-04-2012, 11:44 PM
Yeah I made that guild recently as a joke for a close friend. I requested to get it's name changed as soon as I noticed that it was causing issues. I did tell people it was fake cause I didn't want to be known as an impostor. I'm just waiting for the name to be changed. Until then I decided to make it empty. And skeletonlord, I told you I was changing the name. I told you too necroreaper. :P Thanks for the compliment samhayne. Just waiting for support to lemme change it. I'm actually TRYING to become an ambassador on my other character. Helping people out. Especially newbies. :beguiled:

maneatingtree
01-04-2012, 11:53 PM
Good job helping new players is a good thing!

Battlelock
01-04-2012, 11:57 PM
My personal thoughts are if the guild name isn't offensive or foul or abusive then it should be left alone, no matter what variation it is. This games mods, devs & cult followers have some serious control issues.

LuvMmorpg
01-05-2012, 12:08 AM
Ah yeah.. I saw this too and it made me laugh! Haha

NECROREAPER
01-05-2012, 12:11 AM
The issue with fake names like the one in question above is that certain actions of the 'fake' guild could have negative repercussions on the Real guild since the differences in the names could be so miniscule that it'd be hard to tell without a second glance.

Take for example the recent rash of scammers taking other respectable player's names and adding or subtracting one letter from it, then scamming the hell out of people on it. What happens is that it makes the respectable player look bad, although he is completely innocent. Because of the imposter's actions, there could be massive negative implications that could arise.

RedRyder
01-05-2012, 12:43 AM

WE made it to prevent anyone else from taking it. One of my alts is the GM now :p

NECROREAPER
01-05-2012, 12:45 AM
Must've been the fake one that i've seen with non GOA in it then.

Lol, that alone proves just how much of a nuisance imposter names can be :/

Skeletonlord
01-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Yeah I made that guild recently as a joke for a close friend. I requested to get it's name changed as soon as I noticed that it was causing issues. I did tell people it was fake cause I didn't want to be known as an impostor. I'm just waiting for the name to be changed. Until then I decided to make it empty. And skeletonlord, I told you I was changing the name. I told you too necroreaper. :P Thanks for the compliment samhayne. Just waiting for support to lemme change it. I'm actually TRYING to become an ambassador on my other character. Helping people out. Especially newbies. :beguiled:

i dont remember you saying you were going to change name.

Elementron
01-06-2012, 08:17 PM
i dont remember you saying you were going to change name.
I said that to you 3 times skeleton..! And necroreaper, nobody else is in my guild. I removed everyone. And i tell people its not real if they say anything! So why are u calling me a scammer! You should get more info before saying something!

NECROREAPER
01-06-2012, 10:31 PM
I said that to you 3 times skeleton..! And necroreaper, nobody else is in my guild. I removed everyone. And i tell people its not real if they say anything! So why are u calling me a scammer! You should get more info before saying something!

I need accused you a being a scammer, I was simply using the recent rash scammers using similar names to respectable players as a reference to what *could* (could, not did) happen if an impersonating guild/person was spreading false info or making the original person look bad.

Again, I wasn't accusing you. I hope there's been no harm done.