PDA

View Full Version : Urgent, everyone read!

Lowlyspy
01-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Hey everyone, we have all recently heard of a scammer who is using a website to steal people's accounts from them. I think I may have found the culprit but he changed his name. The culprit's name is Toewizard and he is using the same website as the other website scammer.

I would never call a person out on the forums unless people's accounts were in immediate danger and I refuse to allow this disgusting human being the satisfaction of getting what he/she wants. I have sent an email to support exposing the crook.

Everyone beware and be safe.

CodyBearr
01-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Good heads up and thanks for warning but I think sts still doesn't let you post names on forums... Write support like I did with names and screenshots :) I have reported this guys toons and that website a few times

WoundedEagle
01-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Yeah. Bad thing about this thread, is that the scammer probably checks forums.... If he knows what's good for him. When he sees is, he could go rename.....

Lowlyspy
01-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Good heads up and thanks for warning but I think sts still doesn't let you post names on forums... Write support like I did with names and screenshots :) I have reported this guys toons and that website a few times
Ya ordinarily I would never call someone out but im certain sts will understand my reasoning and forgive my small infraction, I have tons of friends on this game and I would hate to see them come to any harm knowing I could have done something to prevent it.

Ebalere
01-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Yeah. Bad thing about this thread, is that the scammer probably checks forums.... If he knows what's good for him. When he sees is, he could go rename.....

Pretty sure STS has a record of name changes tho, hopefully they act soon and get rid of this guy before he does any more damage. If he changes his name and devs don't catch him soon, he could do alot of harm.

StompArtist
01-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Hey everyone, we have all recently heard of a scammer who is using a website to steal people's accounts from them. I think I may have found the culprit but he changed his name. The culprit's name is Toewizard and he is using the same website as the other website scammer.

I would never call a person out on the forums unless people's accounts were in immediate danger and I refuse to allow this disgusting human being the satisfaction of getting what he/she wants. I have sent an email to support exposing the crook.

Everyone beware and be safe.

If I may ask how would one do this? Is he asking for PL passwords?

Lowlyspy
01-04-2012, 11:28 PM
If I may ask how would one do this? Is he asking for PL passwords?
judging from what I have heard people go to the site and enter their PL credentials in order to supposedly gain free plat, my guess is thats how he/she is gaining access to people's acc's.

CrimsonTider
01-04-2012, 11:29 PM
I have reported 8 people TONIGHT alone using a specific website to advertise free plat. One person in particulars name was Platinumhack. Can't get much more stupid than that. LOL

StompArtist
01-04-2012, 11:29 PM
judging from what I have heard people go to the site and enter their PL credentials in order to supposedly gain free plat, my guess is thats how he/she is gaining access to people's acc's.

That would be a way to do it. Very low if you ask me.

plmafiaboss
01-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Theres this one guy who's been scamming everyone. Has a crapload of chars. Even named one after my Mage truebadd. His is truebaddd. Could these events and the chickenrun events all be by one evil dude :eek:

Cytokinesis
01-04-2012, 11:34 PM
oh yeah... theres this new guy called Chickenrunn...

ghost.mw
01-04-2012, 11:44 PM
Good to know and I think we should know scamers names so people can avoid them

Dazamo
01-04-2012, 11:58 PM
I understand the desire to post names, but please remember some people may be posting an innocent's name to cause grief. So, just be wary but do not go into attack mode.

Lowlyspy
01-05-2012, 12:08 AM
I understand the desire to post names, but please remember some people may be posting an innocent's name to cause grief. So, just be wary but do not go into attack mode.
I realize I have no proof of my claims (i am on an unrooted android so I have no capability to take screenshots) other than my word so you are entitled to your disbelief. I will still stand by my word however, I was raised better than to wrongly accuse people of things and as long as I know what I am saying is true I don't care what anyone else has to say against me.

*there is no rage or sarcasm at all in this post, I respect your view on the situation, I am merely expressing my own opinion on the subject. Thank you for posting your opinion :)*

Swimmingstar
01-05-2012, 12:22 AM
I know a lot of people went to this site and put fake info.

Owlee
01-05-2012, 12:51 AM
Just to add on, i have seen many saying. i can purchases 800 plats for you, but i need to login your account to purchase if for you. NEVER fall for it! Hope it helps!

NECROREAPER
01-05-2012, 12:53 AM
I think the best thing we can do until this guy gets perma-banned is go to his website and spam it like mad with random info and contacts. A bit low-tech but hopefully it'll get him so irritated with it that he'll give up.

Plaguemaw
01-05-2012, 12:55 AM
I dont have screenshots, but i saw a character named iililiililili or some sequence of i and l in cs spamming the same website. But there was another character there with random generated name(cant remember) agreeing with him and saying it worked. Thats craziness...

Artentreri
01-05-2012, 01:12 AM
I've seen this a lot, I'll be honest I kinda just sat there and warned everyone he was a scammer, pretty sure I called him the worst scammer in the world. I told everyone to report him but I don't think that I ended up sending one in. I'd say one minor solution for you devs would be to search everyone with "plat" as part of their name and if somethin fishy pops up check their chat records. Wouldn't solve the problem by any means, but it's a start.

Owlee
01-05-2012, 02:49 AM
I dont have screenshots, but i saw a character named iililiililili or some sequence of i and l in cs spamming the same website. But there was another character there with random generated name(cant remember) agreeing with him and saying it worked. Thats craziness...

yupp me too, same person told me about purchasing plats for me.

wvhills
01-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Here he was a few minutes ago in Balefort:

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa325/robert7204/photo.png

JaytB
01-05-2012, 09:30 AM

I reported that user yesterday (see screenshot below)...

http://img.tapatalk.com/bcbd265a-b3c9-1dff.jpg

They just seem to keep popping up :/

Maybe it could be useful for the devs to auto-mute/auto-report someone who writes the name of that website, or any website that offers free plat for that matter.

Rare
01-05-2012, 09:48 AM
As a general rule of thumb... to be safe... if something seems too good to be true, it usually is.

Best way to fight scammers.

ninjaduck
01-05-2012, 12:38 PM
I think the best thing we can do until this guy gets perma-banned is go to his website and spam it like mad with random info and contacts. A bit low-tech but hopefully it'll get him so irritated with it that he'll give up.

*checks whether DDOS is legal in the UK*

Dazamo
01-05-2012, 02:51 PM
I did not mean you specifically, but was rather speaking in broad terms. I am glad to be aware of the identities of even unconfirmed scammers because I will be more aware if I ever see them.

I realize I have no proof of my claims (i am on an unrooted android so I have no capability to take screenshots) other than my word so you are entitled to your disbelief. I will still stand by my word however, I was raised better than to wrongly accuse people of things and as long as I know what I am saying is true I don't care what anyone else has to say against me.

*there is no rage or sarcasm at all in this post, I respect your view on the situation, I am merely expressing my own opinion on the subject. Thank you for posting your opinion :)*

Elyseon
01-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Seems to be only one way to fix this...

ABOLISH PLATINUM!
BACK WITH THE GOLD STANDARD!

xD *sarcasm* (in case u missed it)

Artentreri
01-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Would be nice. :P

Flip
01-05-2012, 04:34 PM
I'd advise against this. Depending on your browser/plugin versions you could leave yourself open to a virus.

Lowlyspy
01-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Good to know you guys are looking at these threads Flip. Take care of these guys with your super mode! Please and thank you :)

Draopwnzall
01-08-2012, 09:03 AM
What's wrong with people...

PL Playa
01-08-2012, 09:16 AM
The website that was in the picture got shut down yay! :D

Justg
01-08-2012, 11:43 AM
It did. We very much appreciate your vigilance, if they show back up please let us (and others) know here and we'll stamp it out as quickly as we can.

Lowlyspy
01-08-2012, 02:37 PM
WOO awesome job G, i shall keep my eyes peeled for anything else O_O