PDA

View Full Version : bad start

maneatingtree
01-04-2012, 11:39 PM
So i noticed that this year there has been a MAJOR increase of bad things going on. Alot of people are making websites to hack people and try amdget free plat. Then there is the other half thats worse. To many people think that they can just say whatever the crap they want in game to annyone they see. This game is not rated M and up. I see an increasing number of people swearing and using abreviations of these words or making theyre names something horrible to.
So my way of handling the situation is.

1: pm the person to stop/ change name/ be more appropriate KINDLY
2: say the same thing outloud still KINDLY
3: straight up say it no please with all caps.
4: report
5: encourage others to report
6: send dev a messeage

Is this good or am i doimg something wrong?

Cytokinesis
01-04-2012, 11:40 PM
good, though the scammer probably wont stop....

maneatingtree
01-04-2012, 11:42 PM
But there is nothing left i cando is there? And mute!

NECROREAPER
01-04-2012, 11:48 PM
I don't bother with giving people chances anymore. At the first sight of seeing someone swear I screenshot and report.

I mean, what game lets you swear. They couldn't have honestly been thinking, "I think STS won't mind if I run off my mouth with blatant disregard for the others around me, there shouldn't be any implications at all."

Like I said, I don't give chances. Some cases deserves exceptions, however, for the most part, the people I report are repeat offenders. I mean, the TOS is enough chances in and of itself.

WoundedEagle
01-04-2012, 11:48 PM
I wouldn't ask them to change their name, if it is found inappropriate, and it has been reported, a dev will do it ASAP. On the topic of stopping scammers, I would do a Report Scam email from report screen. Take screenies and upload them to photobucket, and copy their email/IM codes to the email in PL. Then write as much as you think isn't covered in the screenies. That's how I do :)

EDIT EDIT EDIT: I also would like to share the strategy of saying 'Kids play this game dude' it almost always works for me with someone running their mouth.

maneatingtree
01-04-2012, 11:51 PM
K thabk you guys!

ghost.mw
01-04-2012, 11:51 PM
Stay optimistic and I think that guy was from the end of 2011 not the beginning of 2012.

swordlover
01-04-2012, 11:58 PM
Ok im Srry if y'all count this as a cuss but is *** a cuss cause I have been reported and I think if its bad censor it if its not dont

WoundedEagle
01-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Ok im Srry if y'all count this as a cuss but is *** a cuss cause I have been reported and I think if its bad censor it if its not dont

I am pretty sure it depends on your context. You know what I mean from there....

LuvMmorpg
01-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Don't we have to worry about them doing the same thing only it's just some of the letters mixed up in the words or switched?

And how do you make a screenie on the phone? I tried doing everything that support gave me and it just never lets me play PL or SL on chrome... EVER! :/

NECROREAPER
01-05-2012, 12:43 AM
If you have an iPhone all you need to do to take a screenshot is push the home and sleep button at the same time. You'll know you did it correctly if the screen briefly flashes white.

Nick41324
01-05-2012, 12:53 AM
I've only seen one person promoting a platinum site (so far). I usually advise the surrounding area to not go on the site. That they will steal your account. Pretty much ruin their business :p

Within 10 mins they delete the account and probably create a new email, or just delete the toon they were advertising on and create another.

MightyMicah
01-05-2012, 01:02 AM
Sometimes I boot people with bad names, or bad attitudes who are swearing and saying weird crap. Hopefully that discourages them to some extent.

Artentreri
01-05-2012, 01:05 AM
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I also would like to share the strategy of saying 'Kids play this game dude' it almost always works for me with someone running their mouth.
This never works for me, it just makes them run their mouth even more. Don't get me wrong, I ain't a liar and I'll be 100% honest when I say that I've swore in game, but it's almost always either in a pm joking with someone who has become a close friend, or I just slip up and get muted. Now, if I end up getting banned for this admission then that's up to the devs and I'll suck it up and move on, but I can almost guarantee that everyone here has slipped up and threw out some kind of cuss word at some point. Don't get me wrong I completely agree with this thread, I'm just sayin that everyone gets to that point once in a while.