PDA

View Full Version : Item Loan System Idea

Warriorknown
12-26-2019, 03:08 PM
I was thinking of having a loan system where X player can give another player an item for a certain amount of time(1 day, 2 days, etc). There could be an option of loaning the item for free or for gold. After the limited amount of time has passed the item automatically returns to the owners inventory or stash.

Opinions/ thoughts?

Deuteronomy
12-26-2019, 03:14 PM
I was thinking of having a loan system where X player can give another player an item for a certain amount of time(1 day, 2 days, etc). There could be an option of loaning the item for free or for gold. After the limited amount of time has passed the item automatically returns to the owners inventory or stash.

Opinions/ thoughts?

You know, this idea makes sense. I say this because this can lead to more player activity. If I can borrow an Ebon staff, it will give me something to experience and work towards. We can be given a certain amount of time/uses per month. Reset after a month.

Encryptions
12-26-2019, 03:19 PM
Would be a good idea, just make the item un-sellable / tradeable. If the player was to delete an account with the item then the item gets sent directly back to the owners inventory. Also the owner has an option to instantly take the item back if it needs to.
May alter the economy a bit since we are able to share items with no risk of them being stolen so more things are sold, also scammers will have another scam technique. Give the item as a loan then take the players gold/item and claim his item back right after.

Warriorknown
12-26-2019, 03:23 PM
You know, this idea makes sense. I say this because this can lead to more player activity. If I can borrow an Ebon staff, it will give me something to experience and work towards. We can be given a certain amount of time/uses per month. Reset after a month.

Exactly, Players will be more motivated to do more runs and also keep progressing to get the items their after.

Anil LK Joseph
12-26-2019, 03:33 PM
Too much for the devs to handle but great idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warriorknown
12-26-2019, 06:31 PM
Too much for the devs to handle but great idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe, but let’s be optimistic.

flashio
12-26-2019, 07:34 PM
This is a pretty good idea, try posting it in suggestion and feedback section, the devs will check this easier there.
+1

hunterxhunter44
12-26-2019, 07:52 PM
Hire ebon dagger 5hrs for 25k?

Ebereasider
12-26-2019, 08:19 PM
Why do you even want to loan item to other players if you don't trust them to return it on their own?

Warriorknown
12-26-2019, 08:26 PM
Why do you even want to loan item to other players if you don't trust them to return it on their own?

Who says I don’t trust them? This system would just avoid those unnecessary problems.

angeloiloveyou
12-26-2019, 10:26 PM
Yeah an item with a time hehe to make other player pay and feel the item or test the item for limmited time

Azerothraven
12-26-2019, 10:42 PM
Could be useful

angeloiloveyou
12-26-2019, 10:42 PM
Yeah an item with a time hehe to make other player pay and feel the item or test the item for limmited time

Bundlos
12-27-2019, 02:07 AM
+1
A few things though:
1) If the person putting an item out for loan (A) claims the item back before the set amount of time, the person taking the loan (B) gets refunded automatically, ensuring no scams
2) The system should have the flexibility to loan an item for not just days, but also in terms of hours or even months
3) The system should automatically allocate a price to an item being loaned out on the basis of time (just like how the auction determines how how much tax to be paid on the basis of time an item is listed for), basically no manual price inputting
4) If person B deletes account the loaned item automatically returns back to person A's inventory
5) Loaned items should automatically return to person A's inventory if B gifts/stashes/trades/chooses item to upgrade (to remove jewels) (or) just loaned item can be made unstable/untradable/non- gift/non-upgrade/non-reawaken

danialazhad63
12-27-2019, 03:59 AM
What if loan system only available for lv60 and above? There won't be any scam,perhaps...cuz who will lv up to lv60++ and later get their account ban...

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using Tapatalk

PatD
12-27-2019, 08:39 AM
This is all fun and games, but when you say it would motivate the player, i think that in the long run it would do the opposite, if anyone can use anything without buying it, why would someone break his head to get good equipment? it will only lead to a very stagnant market imo,

You want to try it, buy it, try it and resell if you don't like, this is one of the mechanics that make game like this to work,

Allset
12-27-2019, 09:15 AM
+1 Why not lol
It’s a fun idea but I doubt sts will do it but who knows...

shadowronn
12-27-2019, 10:26 AM
This is all fun and games, but when you say it would motivate the player, i think that in the long run it would do the opposite, if anyone can use anything without buying it, why would someone break his head to get good equipment? it will only lead to a very stagnant market imo,

You want to try it, buy it, try it and resell if you don't like, this is one of the mechanics that make game like this to work,

Exactly what i felt about this idea

Deuteronomy
12-27-2019, 11:29 AM

The system would be timed and the item will automatically be returned to the sender. That's the idea of a "system", if we relied on the responsibility of players to return the item, we would just be doing trading or gifting and that is already in place. The idea is to have a loan system where players can rent items for a certain amount of time. I can elaborate endlessly on the conditions but I will just stick to the fundamentals for now.

Warriorknown
12-27-2019, 12:37 PM

I see your side and sort of agree. Maybe as you level up your account the limits begin to apply. The lower the level, the more chances to use the loan system and the higher the level, the lower(or more limited) the chances to use this system.

Ebereasider
12-27-2019, 02:09 PM
Here's Dev's input:

We designed a borrow system a long time ago but decided not to implement it because it very significantly undermines the players’ motivation to acquire their own items. It is also my belief that a full featured loaning system would eventually mutate into a system of renting OP gear directly from STS for Plat.

RoyFollman
02-17-2020, 03:56 PM
This idea really makes sense, it can be very beneficial for people.

Encryptions
02-17-2020, 04:19 PM
This idea really makes sense, it can be very beneficial for people.
Old thread. Also this would change the economy a lot.

Noobguyplay
02-17-2020, 05:33 PM
wow u just read my mind

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Remiem
02-18-2020, 02:36 AM
Closed as necro'd thread.