PDA

View Full Version : Item Loan System Idea

Warriorknown
12-26-2019, 07:41 PM
As I had previously posted in general discussion...

The idea was for the devs to implement a loan system where a player can give an item to another player for a limited time, this item can then be given to the other player for gold(Or free as an option). After the limited time has passed the owner will get their item back via stash or inventory.

This would help players get extra motivation for items they want and also give them them the experience of these borrowed items, not to mention this would increase player activity.

Yakatudi
12-27-2019, 12:40 AM
Was thinking about the exact same thing lol but then programming it will be difficult. What happens if the borrowers delete their account? Or get banned? Or give it away? Or remove jewels? What happens when the original owner delete their account? Or get banned? Too many variables to make a working code without a mistake.
I would definitely welcome this feature

Warriorknown
12-27-2019, 12:39 PM
Was thinking about the exact same thing lol but then programming it will be difficult. What happens if the borrowers delete their account? Or get banned? Or give it away? Or remove jewels? What happens when the original owner delete their account? Or get banned? Too many variables to make a working code without a mistake.
I would definitely welcome this feature

The item returns to the owners stash or inventory if the temporary owners tries to alter the gear in any way.

Cinco
12-27-2019, 01:22 PM
We designed a borrow system a long time ago but decided not to implement it because it very significantly undermines the players’ motivation to acquire their own items. It is also my belief that a full featured loaning system would eventually mutate into a system of renting OP gear directly from STS for Plat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skaazatafa
12-28-2019, 01:18 AM
I already said this idea long time ago . none replied .

LifeSputnik
02-25-2020, 05:24 PM
Honestly, this sounds very complicated and I don’t really understand the essence of this innovation, but it somehow resembles a system of loans in a bank. By the way, I recently took a chance and took a loan! Ahah, I know that I'm a fool, but I always wanted to try and it seems to me that I can handle it.