PDA

View Full Version : Google sign in issue

Jairus980
12-26-2019, 11:49 PM
I can't sign in to my Google account. It takes me to browser and I got this whereby it suppose to sign in through Google play games

Futumsh
12-27-2019, 09:52 AM
What browser and device type is that?

You'll probably have to set your default browser app to something google thinks is sufficiently secure (or don't set one so it asks which to open). Some browsers also allow replacing / changing the user agent string, so if it's one they might normally allow, if that's enabled it could be causing that.

Alternatively, if you have access to a PC/mac/etc, use the web version to log in and convert your account to email/password based (Nexus -> My Account -> Modify Account). If you can't use the web version and want to convert to email/password, PM with character name and google account email and I can do it for you.

Jairus980
12-27-2019, 12:31 PM
What browser and device type is that?

You'll probably have to set your default browser app to something google thinks is sufficiently secure (or don't set one so it asks which to open). Some browsers also allow replacing / changing the user agent string, so if it's one they might normally allow, if that's enabled it could be causing that.

Alternatively, if you have access to a PC/mac/etc, use the web version to log in and convert your account to email/password based (Nexus -> My Account -> Modify Account). If you can't use the web version and want to convert to email/password, PM with character name and google account email and I can do it for you.

I solve it by installing Google chrome on my phone but it's a fuss. Is it possible to revert back by making it through Google play games?
It's custom made brower from XDA named "speed"
Device doesn't matter, it's the app related.
My 2nd device is bloatware free with minimal Google apps.

Futumsh
12-27-2019, 01:40 PM
I solve it by installing Google chrome on my phone but it's a fuss. Is it possible to revert back by making it through Google play games?
It's custom made brower from XDA named "speed"
Device doesn't matter, it's the app related.
My 2nd device is bloatware free with minimal Google apps.

Sorry, but there aren't any versions of google play games or the google signin sdk that both still work for google authentication, and are backward compatible to the older versions of android we support, and we try not to drop support for os versions that could previously run the game unless we have absolutely have to.

You can convert to an email/password based account if you don't want to keep a compatible browser installed for google logins.

Futumsh
12-27-2019, 02:02 PM
I tried out that browser - you can make it work with settings -> general -> user agent. It worked when I chose the 'mobile' option instead of 'default'.

Jairus980
12-27-2019, 09:30 PM
I tried out that browser - you can make it work with settings -> general -> user agent. It worked when I chose the 'mobile' option instead of 'default'.

Thank you for the solution. :)