PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Forums do not display on Samsung Galaxy Tab

kallima
01-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Since forum update I have not been able to access STS forums on my Samsung Galaxy tablet. My Xoom, and D3 access it fine but I use my tablet mostly due to its smaller but not tiny size. The page just loads to a blank white screen. Any help is appreciated.

Skeletonlord
01-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Try deleting browsing history, and cache, and maybe restart your device? Sometimes, a clean restart can fix issues like this.

Samhayne
01-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the head's up. I'll grab the Samsung Galaxy Tab here in the office and take a look.

Can you tell me which URL you are going to? Are you going to www.spacetimestudios.com and then in to the forums or are you going directly to a forum URL?

LelouchX
01-05-2012, 01:38 PM
someone else mentioned they couldn't get on the forum either from their phone while i was on my merch toon, goar....... something or other, i checked and it worked fine on apple devices. may be a samsung issue i'll be sure not to go that route when i upgrade my stupid phone for a smart one. gl

EDIT: same blank page issue OP described

Samhayne
01-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Yup, blank white page. Sorry about that, we'll see what the deal is and get a fix in place.

kallima
01-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Sam,

I have it bookmarked but when I was unable to access it that way, I searched it on google and tried all the links to no avail. The only way I was even able to post the thread was logging on via my Droid3 but now I'm getting the same white screen. I'm replying via iPad now and only have my Xoom left if my iPad gets same error.

I'm fearing the worst since this is not device specific. Did I receive the ban hammer? :,(

Tried deleting cache, cookies and browser history already - no fix.

Oops. Disregard the ban hammer comment. WHEW :wipes forehead:

Samhayne
01-05-2012, 02:34 PM
No, it's not a ban, it's an Android default web browser display issue. We're seeing the same problems with Android devices here too. We're looking into it.

LelouchX
01-05-2012, 02:56 PM
might i suggest using the forum app until the fix? i use it on my ipad even though it is a "phone" app. personally i like the website version of the forums better

Samhayne
01-05-2012, 04:40 PM
The issue was with the mobile style. We've deactivated the mobile style from the site for now. You can either use the full site or use the Community App to access the forum content.

We'll bring back the mobile style in the future to give users a lighter weight option for browsing the forums while on the go that is easier on bandwidth.

Everything should be fixed. Please let us know if you continue to have trouble.