PDA

View Full Version : Freeeeeplat. Renamed.

largecommand
01-05-2012, 01:33 PM
I would show You but Freeeeeplat is offering his website Infinityplat.com. I would take a pic but IDK how to root my phone:/. Nor do i know what a root is.

These people digust me. Luckyliy a Newbie almost fell for it. But Lucky for him I was there.

Skeletonlord
01-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Free plat websites really are annoying. I'll take a pic of the homepage and post here to save you the trouble. Luckily, there is a report button in game for people who get free plat. You could private message Samhayne.

Skeletonlord
01-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Here:

i think he was joking. couldnt find a website named what he said.

largecommand
01-05-2012, 01:50 PM
I didht know how to speel Plat correctly lol. But ”plat” in the website is rlly the whole word platuim

As for the pic I meant of him in Belfort

JaytB
01-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Already reported that user (see screenshot below)

I'd suggest everyone to do the same instead of making a new thread on the forum. I have a feeling we'd be seeing a lot of threads soon otherwise :)

LelouchX
01-05-2012, 01:55 PM
i've gone to infinityplat.com and infinityplatinum.com, got nothing for either. was gonna screenie the site for ya

edit....... ninja'd, but nothing pops up for that site from the screenie either, lol

StompArtist
01-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Guys don't visit these websites, the hits alone are encouraging the culprit.

Nick41324
01-05-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm sure STS is working franticly to shut it down. All we can do is hope it's soon :(

MightyMicah
01-05-2012, 02:26 PM
I reported that same guy! Haha

Samhayne
01-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the head's up. We're on it.

CrimsonTider
01-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Already reported that user (see screenshot below)

I'd suggest everyone to do the same instead of making a new thread on the forum. I have a feeling we'd be seeing a lot of threads soon otherwise :)

ZOMG! You relisted your Sang leather... hmmmm? Tempting. ;)

JaytB
01-05-2012, 04:00 PM
ZOMG! You relisted your Sang leather... hmmmm? Tempting. ;)

Oops, didn't notice it was in the screenshot LOL :D

Artentreri
01-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Yeah I reported the same kid a few hours ago, he was hiding way back near the end of the map in balefort castle.

Skeletonlord
01-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Yeah I reported the same kid a few hours ago, he was hiding way back near the end of the map in balefort castle.

no wonder he is at the back of balefort!

Silentarrow
01-05-2012, 04:13 PM
i think he was joking. couldnt find a website named what he said.

Don't even try to go on their sites, they may be infected with viruses.

Artentreri
01-05-2012, 04:16 PM
no wonder he is at the back of balefort!
Funniest part, as soon as I found him and reported, he disappeared. Hahaha.

dugantale
01-05-2012, 04:18 PM
He tried getting me too.. I said no scam!!

Skeletonlord
01-05-2012, 04:46 PM
@silentarrow ok. Nice tip! Don't go on sites like that.

JSL
01-05-2012, 04:51 PM
It's important to be careful to steer clear of these websites. Even if they report the URL I would be cautious to visit them. Leave the investigation up to us! =)

Fyrce
01-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Don't forget: You can report without having that player in your town/instance anymore. You just need his name. Since he uses multiple letters, you'll need to be careful about spelling his name, but that's what your chat log is for -- The 1st letter is capitalized, the rest are small letters.

Use /report <player name> <scam>

CrimsonTider
01-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Ok. Something I just thought of is all the toons we have been reporting have one thing in common: MOST are lvl 1. So, maybe there is something which can be done to limit certain levels from mentioning plat. Almost like the language filter we have now, make it to where all lvl 1's (or however high you want) cannot mention websites/platinum without triggering the filter leading to an automatic mute. I would say permanent mute but not evry low level is going to be advertising when he/she mentions plat.

Thoughts?

dugantale
01-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Ok. Something I just thought of is all the toons we have been reporting have one thing in common: they are all lvl 1. So, maybe there is something which can be done to limit certain levels from mentioning plat. Almost like the language filter we have now, make it to where all lvl 1's (or however high you want) cannot mention websites/platinum without triggering the filter leading to an automatic mute. I would say permanent mute but not evry low level is going to be advertising when he/she mentions plat.

Thoughts?

Well one was a lvl 25

Artentreri
01-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Yeah, but like he said Most where level ones, not all. I agree crimson I think that would be a good start.

Siejo
01-06-2012, 04:58 AM
We need to spread the word as much as we can about this guy. Let everyone know to report him if they see him advertising this site. I have posted it on my guild's website and have been telling every member of my guild personally to screenie if possible and report. Let's help STS take this guy down and protect the players who are unaware of the potential issue.

Flip
01-06-2012, 03:44 PM
We're banning these folks as they pop up, which is a reactive measure. We're also taking some proactive measures. Please continue to report them using the in-game report function if you see them. Thanks for looking out for the community!

Swords
01-06-2012, 03:49 PM
i reported him and then he said he gonna report me for blabbering? unmature players these days dont know a reason for reporting back since they violate sts rules

Flip
01-06-2012, 03:53 PM
"Proactive measures":

Don't worry about them reporting you back. Reports prompt us to review the chatlogs around that time for the reported character. Any actions on our part are based on what actually was said/done in-game. You won't be in trouble for being reported if you didn't do anything wrong. I'd suggest not telling them they are reported (or even talking to them at all). Just hit that report button and get back to having fun! =)

largecommand
01-06-2012, 07:26 PM
"Proactive measures":

Don't worry about them reporting you back. Reports prompt us to review the chatlogs around that time for the reported character. Any actions on our part are based on what actually was said/done in-game. You won't be in trouble for being reported if you didn't do anything wrong. I'd suggest not telling them they are reported (or even talking to them at all). Just hit that report button and get back to having fun! =)

Why not just blast him with your 6000 dps? :D

TrickiestFTW
01-06-2012, 07:50 PM
I made a fake account a few days ago when this first started and never recieved the platinum lol. But the one I was prompted to go to was like unlimitedplatinum.com or something but it seems to have disappeared, but I won't be going to any of those sites again, as I just realized I could maybe get in trouble for even doing that (even though it wasn't the same email as my main just a random one i made) and I don't feel like getting my phone banned..
Sincerely
-TrickiestFTW

Artemis
01-06-2012, 07:59 PM
This is what happens when it gets released on Chrome ^.^