PDA

View Full Version : The "Legendary" Zerious, thrives on infamy... sad confession

Zerious
01-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Hello STS twinks and pvpers. I've been encountered by a few friends of mine, alts i've never met. And they brought to my attention that they've seen a change in me.

Needless to say, I've lost those friends....

I, Zerious, the one who so despised rushers and trolls in the arena, and who lots of twinks admired and sought advice from, have become a rusher.

The reason why i'm posting this is because I've totally converted. I'm not going to ask twinks or pvpers i don't know to "go", They'll have to do what i've been doing for the past year, and attempt a counter. Why have I converted? Because PL has changed too much from the PL i once knew. Too many people out to simply grieve others, too many people full of pride when there's hardly anything to be proud of, and too many people who forget that it's just a game. PL used to be more than just a game, it was a warm community. I've found this community in the most ironic way possible for my tastes by joining Unknown Terrorists. I once hated this guild but now, there are the closest to friends than anyone else i've recently encountered. I haven't had this much fun since the first annual Winter Festival...

MY guild never thrived the way I was hoping, and it was heart-breaking to watch my guildies get rushed and wonder why they were doing it when i was teaching them it was wrong. They all left. Others added twinks they never get on. The hopes of bringing back any amount of decent pvpers were crushed, and I'm simply tired of working for a lost cause.

Since I've already started a bad name for myself, I thought it'd be fair for those on the forums to know, and spare the surprise. But there are few who will forever be safe from me, they know who they are. (either you know i'd never rush you, or you'll just drop me easily.)

happy twinking.... sort of...

Zerious

Matutd
01-05-2012, 05:43 PM
I never thought I'd see this day :( just out of interest, would u rush me? :) always gotta be prepared :p

AbsolutePally
01-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Well kudos for being honest. And yes, politics have slowed this game down to almost a hault. Especially in pvp.
Running a guild is tough, I can relate. Ive seen so many end game pvp guilds come and go so dont feel bad. Do what you do, that makes you happy. It is for fun so have your own fun.

CrimsonTider
01-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Hmmm...

Sad. So what about those who enter a game, have no clue what's going on and decide to never pvp again because you, and others, get their "free" kills? You mention that the "warm community" has disappeared; do youbthink this will bring it back?

I think sometimes people need to stop and think before they act. Is your kdr or kill count THAT important? Arenyou able to truly prove anything by spawn killing or attacking someone from behind? If you truly feel this way then one of the few I still respect at the twink level is gonna disappear and that is sad.

KingFu
01-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Am I safe?:p As DTF said, you're being honest. I've known this for a while, and I totally understand it. I know some end game PvPers may not understand it since I have found many more rushers in twinking, but it does get old getting rushed so much as a twink, especially for someone dedicated to twinking as yourself. Can't say I agree with it, but I understand it.

XghostzX
01-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Do what makes you happy :)

Zerious
01-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Matutd and Myst, you two have been more than kind to me since i've met you, and I won't be a bother to you in the arena.

@Crims. See, now you're thinking like every other Twink is. You failed to realize my point: I've given up on a lost cause. The "warm community" is gone. It has been for months. Plus Pvp was my haven from stress irl. I don't expect you to understand, but i can see where you get your ideas from.

I'm sorry that you had to read this and lose all respect for me, but really, it's not for the kill count/kdr/leaderboards (tho i might as well try since i've already dug the hole this deep). It's about me failing at what i was once so good at because the number of people was managable. Heck, i've been rushed by people who used my workshop, and I'm supposed to feel good about it? No, Crims, I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone, I never was, nor do i ever intend to. After all, I'm no greater a twink than any other player, quite the contrary. And if i really cared about kill count, I wouldn't own 21 twinks, those kills would have been focused on 1 or maybe 2 chars.

Kahlua
01-05-2012, 07:02 PM
I 'rush' in SL because its easy to get kills this way.
I think the term 'rushing' is incorrectly used in PL/SL.

Kudos to you for stopping the "ready set go" crap :D

Gracious
01-05-2012, 07:04 PM
You got support from me Joe all the way.^^

Zerious
01-05-2012, 07:08 PM
You got support from me Joe all the way.^^

thx :) as do i to you

Sun
01-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Personally I think that PL has PvP backwards. PvP should be FFA unless stated otherwise...not the other way around. When I join a pvp game, I want to pvp. I don't want to sit around in a circle and talk.

CrimsonTider
01-05-2012, 07:31 PM
On the contrary Z, I AM trying to understand where you coming from as someone who has looked to you for advice on twinking. PM me what's going on, please.

STINKY
01-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Zerious u are not that polite :/ When someone says hi u just ignore them. And u only say gf when u win, when u lose u say something like, lucky crits, lucky dodge. Or something like lmao. So u couldt improve ur manners. And im reallky sorrry about ur friends. :(

Conradin
01-05-2012, 07:40 PM
The good days of twinking are long over imo.

Zerious
01-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Personally I think that PL has PvP backwards. PvP should be FFA unless stated otherwise...not the other way around. When I join a pvp game, I want to pvp. I don't want to sit around in a circle and talk.

nailed it there sun. When i started twinking, no one said "go". every match was an FFA. the only time people 1v1ed was because two twinks thought they were better than the other. After one got to 10 kills, they'd say "gf", then back to FFA.

@crims. Nothing is "going on". I simply have decided to play as pvp was intended to be played. The unwritten twink-made rules of "no rushing" started to bore me. Ask anyone who twinked before the first Winter festival, they'll tell you that the word "rushing" didn't exist in pvp terms.

Conradin
01-05-2012, 07:42 PM
nailed it there sun. When i started twinking, no one said "go". every match was an FFA. the only time people 1v1ed was because two twinks thought they were better than the other. After one got to 10 kills, they'd say "gf", then back to FFA.

@crims. Nothing is "going on". I simply have decided to play as pvp was intended to be played. The unwritten twink-made rules of "no rushing" started to bore me. Ask anyone who twinked before the first Winter festival, they'll tell you that the word "rushing" didn't exist in pvp terms.

on the contrary rushing and 1v1 fair matches popped up before october of 2010. Thats what us intbears would do.

Register
01-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Hmmm...

Sad. So what about those who enter a game, have no clue what's going on and decide to never pvp again because you, and others, get their "free" kills? You mention that the "warm community" has disappeared; do youbthink this will bring it back?

I think sometimes people need to stop and think before they act. Is your kdr or kill count THAT important? Arenyou able to truly prove anything by spawn killing or attacking someone from behind? If you truly feel this way then one of the few I still respect at the twink level is gonna disappear and that is sad.

I agree, it doesn't matter whether or not you were boosting kdr or not to someone who just got spawn killed. Someone who was spawn killed has no choice but to assume that you were boosting kdr or something. This rushing does nothing toward restoring any sort of "warm community". The first thing I ask when I enter a pvp game is Ffa or 1vs1? Or 1vs1 or Ctf? I dont care what it is! If I want to PvP, I can get it either way. Do you really think other people will understand that you came to PvP and that is the reason for rushing? There are tons of other rushers who rush for a very different reason. To most others, you no different than them.

Just my thoughts....

EDIT: One thing I remembered (Related or not)...I joined an end game pvp match a few days ago. I see two people, on the leaderboards (Who i used to look up to as well), and one other random person, spawn killing and mauling people who I have NO chance of beating them. Once the game is over...the score is 10-0. I reenter the game and one Leaderboard person joined one side, and the other two INSTANTLY join it once the first does...Not to mention i saw a few rude comments spat out by the three.

Is this how "The Best" get on the leaderboard? Teaming people who have no chance?

CrimsonTider
01-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Ok, so maybe I don't understand PvP and especially twink PvP, but to say the only way to have "fun" is to rush all the time... just doesn't make sense. And you say you won't rush those who you are close to or know, well I have a 21 bear NOONE knows about, guess that means I need to be ready, right?

I just feel too many people are starting to take pvp way too seriously and this is on all levels.

Zerious
01-05-2012, 08:39 PM
wrong again. @stinky. Yeah i tend to not speak much in pvp, but no, i NEVER say gf. NEVER. that phrase lost its meaning ages ago.

@con that's not what was introduced to me at all.

@crims. I said that the whole thing of the unwritten rules about "saying go" bore me. So i took on rushing as the alternative. Not that it is the ONLY way to have fun.

@regi. I don't spawn kill unless you're purposely trying to be a troll/seriously make me angry and i can't boot you. On most occasions i just leave. Also I'm rushing because my efforts toward the restoration of the "warm community" were a waste. I don't plan on being on the leaderboards, if i do, Whatever, i'll never truly deserve it tho.

@everyone else. Only thing now is that if you wanna 1v1 me, you gotta ask, also. I won't interupt a 1v1, nor jump someone right after one, because i'm not that low of a twink. I still help with builds and some have even talked to me about personal problems, which i have no problem with. I'm ending the topic of the "warm communtiy" now, because my point was: I'm rushing because me PREVIOUSLY trying to restore the warm coummunity with repeated failures has only wasted my efforts and time, so now i don't even bother. I've stopped taking the pvp community seriously

WoundedEagle
01-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Sorry about a loss of friends. :(

Zerious
01-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Sorry about a loss of friends. :(

eh no worries. it was my decision anyways... losing friends was expected. But the way i see it, my true friends know who they are, and know they've been there for me, and therefore i will NEVER rush. Even if my position in UT was at stake.

MightyMicah
01-05-2012, 11:14 PM
Sounds like you've lost hope Zerious. That's dangerous. Good luck out there

LelouchX
01-05-2012, 11:57 PM
idk about u guys, but when was doing PvP, and i made a room, i've gone to get a drink waiting for someone to enter, so that means i deserve to die if someone joins the room within the 20 seconds it takes for me to do that? It's ok for me to a minute or 2 for someone to join my room, but it's a problem for everyone that thinks rushing is ok to wait 20 seconds for me? why can't we just be courteous to each other? PvP is suposed to be fun, but people rushing and making rude chat completely ruined it for me in less than 2 days *smh*

Ebalere
01-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Rushing is not the answer.

Thasaint
01-06-2012, 12:34 AM
Zerious, I see what you're saying but I don't really agree (opinion). You said that you were trying to make change, but that change didn't come your way, so you are going to do what SOME others do and rush. I see where you're coming from but think of it this way: You are an agent who protects the world from drugs. And the rate only goes up. Eventually you don't even care anymore because others aren't changing, and you start to do it too because others are doing it. Does that really make it right?

WhoIsThis
01-06-2012, 12:48 AM
Zerious... I'd have to agree that what you are doing is wrong and PL will become a worse place because of what you are becoming. You are what you once held in utter contempt.

For the future of PL I would urge you to change. I suppose credit is deserved for at least admitting it, but consider the consequences. I shall repeat: you are what you once held in utter contempt.

Zenidal
01-06-2012, 10:13 AM
Zerious, are you losing hope in the community? I have a lot of respect for you, please don't just lose hope. I know the community isn't great at the moment, but is giving up altogether really the best solution? :(

Zerious
01-06-2012, 11:44 AM
I don't know you, but I absolutely despise rushers, as a simple "go" allows the other player at least a chance to turn around get their buffs or whatever up. There's a reason why rushing isn't allowed in competition, because it's a cheap gutless tactic. Allow me to express myself:

Maybe if you didn't burn all your bridges by turning into a bad pvper (you can be amazing skillwise and if you rush you are still horrible imo), you could still enjoy legitimate locked games with said ex-friends. I go into public pvp matches expecting people like you and the poster above who likes to rush because it's easy to get kills to be there. Doesn't turn me into a rusher, I knew it was coming anyway. But when I want to have a good time and play a fair match, I'll lock my game and invite only people that have the honor to fight a fair fight. Name one single sport where the match starts without a whistle, bell, or an announcer saying go. The Lakers don't come onto the court and just start sinking baskets while the other team is on the bench. In MMA, Boxing, even fake wrestling, there's a ref to start the match. Since we don't have referees in PvP, we rely on the honour of the other person to give a heads up when they are ready to fight.

I've watched a certain player in Star Legends develop such a bad reputation that any legitimate pvp'er I talk to has nothing but bad things to say about them, and this carries over to PvE as well, merchanting, anything now.

We'll call this person "john". Now that John has such a bad reputation as a cancer in PVP, he gets booted from pvp on sight, booted from pve runs on sight, he could be offering me 3 million for a piece of gear and I'd never sell it to him, he could be selling something I need cheaper than the next guy, and I'd rather pay extra to not support this person. He has given his guild such a bad name that guildmates are forced to leave if they don't want to be put in the same category as him. Do you want this for yourself? I honestly feel nothing good comes out of ruining someones fun, and being jumped, rushed, or killing and leaving, isn't fun for anyone.

Be the bigger person.. It's rediculous that you'd throw away all your friends and your reputation because you can't lick rushers so you join them. As I said I don't know you so I'm not gonna spare any feelings. I think what you are doing to yourself, as well as the legitimate pvp community, is rediculous, a joke, and if you have given up on playing fair, just go away, don't add to the problem.

As I gather, you enjoy twinking. Well, in twinking, you must remember that alot of people are also just new and pvping for their first time, aka not twinks, but newbies. So instead of setting an example, you just add to the problem and ruin twink PVP even more, as these people see this and think that's the right way to play. I know there are no set rules for pvp, but even you at one point despised it, so you know darn well it's a snake thing to do.

Downrep me, flame me, troll me, do your worst. I said my piece, and I'm not returning to this thread to read some response "that I just don't get it" or whatever. Hopefully what I said has knocked some sense into you. You can still get out of this funk you're in, don't let yourself become a cancer as well.

I hope you decide to make the right choice. You CAN make a difference.

I wish you the best.

my, you had a lot to say for someone who doesn't know me... @bold 1: tell me where it says in TOS that the arena is not meant for a race to ten. I know my rights as a PL pvper. @bold2: this is not professional sports, it's a game. Although i'm a rusher, i do participate in "professional leveled" matches, whether it's 1v1 2v2 or 3v3, and say "go". I must say, i appreciate you taking your time to throw this in, but much like this change, it's not gonna happen overnight. Perhaps after the 1v1 maps are out...

Guys i know i hated rushing and all, but i don't take on the attitude of "i'm better than you, trololol". I still train those who ask, people ask me for certain things and i'll go out of my way a bit to help. But in the arena, unless it's a locked game of friends, have your guard up.... for now...

CrimsonTider
01-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Then I think it's only fair you provide a list of your twinks sk individuals who do not want to put up witth this nonsense have the chance to boot you before you come in and ruin a perfectly civil game. Fair?

Zerious
01-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Then I think it's only fair you provide a list of your twinks sk individuals who do not want to put up witth this nonsense have the chance to boot you before you come in and ruin a perfectly civil game. Fair?

as much as the civility wouldn't be ruined by saying a simple "hi Z", ok.

Minizerious
Dismisser
Zeriouschant
Zeriousguin
Zerioustwink
Herwolf <--------- lied to several people i don't trust about this not being me.
Toysandgifts
Iilizerillil
Danvspvp
Zeriouself
Zeriousbird
Zeriousursan
Zeriouslobo
Zeriouswolf
Zeriously
and Zeriousbear

in order from low level to high level.

CrimsonTider
01-06-2012, 12:10 PM

Minizerious
Dismisser
Zeriouschant
Zeriousguin
Zerioustwink
Herwolf <--------- lied to several people i don't trust about this not being me.
Toysandgifts
Iilizerillil
Danvspvp
Zeriouself
Zeriousbird
Zeriousursan
Zeriouslobo
Zeriouswolf
Zeriously
and Zeriousbear

Not always as simple as saying "hi Z". Not everyone has a common name for their twinks and as you just stated, many lie about who they are.

Thanks

Jewelsofjane
01-06-2012, 12:32 PM
I agree, it doesn't matter whether or not you were boosting kdr or not to someone who just got spawn killed. Someone who was spawn killed has no choice but to assume that you were boosting kdr or something. This rushing does nothing toward restoring any sort of "warm community". The first thing I ask when I enter a pvp game is Ffa or 1vs1? Or 1vs1 or Ctf? I dont care what it is! If I want to PvP, I can get it either way. Do you really think other people will understand that you came to PvP and that is the reason for rushing? There are tons of other rushers who rush for a very different reason. To most others, you no different than them.

Just my thoughts....

EDIT: One thing I remembered (Related or not)...I joined an end game pvp match a few days ago. I see two people, on the leaderboards (Who i used to look up to as well), and one other random person, spawn killing and mauling people who I have NO chance of beating them. Once the game is over...the score is 10-0. I reenter the game and one Leaderboard person joined one side, and the other two INSTANTLY join it once the first does...Not to mention i saw a few rude comments spat out by the three.

Is this how "The Best" get on the leaderboard? Teaming people who have no chance?

What you don't understand is these guys learned pvp when that was how it was. That's how I learned too. It's a matter of opinion how pvp should be played, but for most oldies in engame pvp... FFA all the time is/was the way to play, including spawn killing. Because it was known that this is how you played, then you didn't get your feelings hurt. So don't assume a new person might come in and not enjoy pvp if that is their first exp. cuz for many oldies THAT was their first exp in pvp and look who is still playing.

They say FFA all the time ruins players exp. without go? Well saying go ruins my experience. Again common sense will tell u there is a reason why maps are teams against teams... Not just 1v1.... The way a match is scored also shows how pvp is intended not for 3 seperate matches getting in one fight.

Lol I'll never forget getting spawn killed over and over by 5 other players vs just me once. I died laughing.... It's a game... I had fun. I think people started getting real stiff about what a k/d ratio started to mean and wanted to control every aspect in pvp to preserve it. But true strength shows in every game and not on someone's stats.... PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF PL... STOP PUTTING SO MUCH MEANING INTO K/D RATIO!!

ninjaduck
01-06-2012, 12:56 PM

This is very very very true. The only problem with it is that it took AGES for the "go & go" system was the "standard" and full FFA, would take even longer to be written into stone IMO.

:)

Matutd
01-06-2012, 12:59 PM
I got to admit, although zerious has decided to do this, he is still a very friendly person. He just recently helped me out with my lvl 10. I went from 0 kills 8 deaths to 14 kills 10 deaths in just a few games. So thanks a lot for that z :D

Zerious
01-06-2012, 01:51 PM
no prob matutd

GELLIO77
01-07-2012, 11:06 AM

Minizerious
Dismisser
Zeriouschant
Zeriousguin
Zerioustwink
Toysandgifts
Iilizerillil
Danvspvp
Zeriouself
Zeriousbird
Zeriousursan
Zeriouslobo
Zeriouswolf
Zeriously
and Zeriousbear

@z: i really hope i dont run into you now... not cos im scared ull beat me but because i had a lot of respect for you doing what you do by helping ppl with their twinks. but now you have reaveiled... how do you say it, ''your true colours'' i have lost that respect almost instantly, as i said at the begining i hope i dont run into you... i wont enjoy killing you...

@crims: what if your not the host? what will you do then...

ninjaduck
01-07-2012, 11:11 AM
I got to admit, although zerious has decided to do this, he is still a very friendly person. He just recently helped me out with my lvl 10. I went from 0 kills 8 deaths to 14 kills 10 deaths in just a few games. So thanks a lot for that z :D
I completely agree, not only did he help me lvl up, but he gave me build advice and the best gear possible for pvp on one of my newer alts. I dont blame him if he doesnt like waiting ages, until a rusher comes or someone decides to fight you. To be honest, i dont like it either, its boring, and beats the purpose of pvp! :D

CrimsonTider
01-07-2012, 12:43 PM
For you guys who say Z is helpful, I agree and stated so in my original post. But there are plenty here and in game wbobagree this new "tactic" is only enabling the FEW bad seeds out there. It is very easy to conform to problems in life instead of continuing to fight for what you believe in. But to each his own.

@Gell- if I am not the host then I have two choices: (1) rush/spawn kill back or (2) leave. If he rushes my 35 (which he knows its me, then I will know who he truly is.

Apocolypze
01-07-2012, 02:47 PM
If they made it so that a match couldnt start until teams were full, the matches were timed, and put a Win:Loss kd on everyone, everybody would go to pvp to actually pvp, because they would wan't to win. People may not leave because a leave would count as a loss. I hope everything turns out ok for you zerious!

Zeus
01-07-2012, 07:23 PM
This all wouldn't be a problem if there was a 1v1 map like there is in SL.

I agree with many of Zeri's statements. Only the strong survive. In PvP, or in any other games out there, there is usually a warning that you are entering a "deadly combat zone" and nobody can be blamed for your death except yourself. By entering a PvP match, you unconsciously agree to those terms by allowing yourself to be open to other people's attacks. There was a time where kills and deaths weren't shown for PvP. PvP was a lot more easy going then; I miss it.

I think many of us want those days back; hence why the guild "The Rusher" might have been founded. Is that so wrong? Don't like them in the match? Boot them or kill them. I personally prefer the second option, but that's just me.

They have a right to play as much as we do. Throwing them under the bus and "ruining" their reputation because of it is not cool. Label them as a "rusher", I don't care about that. That doesn't change their character though. If they are really of good character, then they know when to draw the line. There is no need to over exaggerate the situation.

WhoIsThis
01-07-2012, 07:52 PM

I agree with many of Zeri's statements. Only the strong survive. In PvP, or in any other games out there, there is usually a warning that you are entering a "deadly combat zone" and nobody can be blamed for your death except yourself. By entering a PvP match, you unconsciously agree to those terms by allowing yourself to be open to other people's attacks. There was a time where kills and deaths weren't shown for PvP. PvP was a lot more easy going then; I miss it.

I think many of us want those days back; hence why the guild "The Rusher" might have been founded. Is that so wrong? Don't like them in the match? Boot them or kill them. I personally prefer the second option, but that's just me.

They have a right to play as much as we do. Throwing them under the bus and "ruining" their reputation because of it is not cool. Label them as a "rusher", I don't care about that. That doesn't change their character though. If they are really of good character, then they know when to draw the line. There is no need to over exaggerate the situation.

All of this illustrates the urgent need for dedicated 1v1 style maps.

I agree that PvP should be a fairly unforgiving environment. But even so, I think that rushers do deserve the reputation that they get. It is an accepted social norm and one that has been completely held in contempt of by the rushers.

Zerious
01-09-2012, 12:26 AM

amen to that...
I know where to draw the line, I know who my friends are. But i'm already seeing some of you lighting your flames towards me, when before, you had my back no matter what. I hope i still get some support, but then again, some believe rushing is next to satanic, so i can expect some hatred. What i'm saying is, anyone who does/did respect me will still get that respect in return, but it looks like half of you are going to blacklist me and hunt me down even tho you already know who and how i am as a character. I can safely say i'm a good person, maybe not the first one to come to for help, but reliable when you need me. Why not just call me into a game when your getting teamd on and need backup? I'll be there for you, just don't down me for making this choice. But then again, i understand.

Elyseon
01-09-2012, 12:41 AM
Heres the one thing I hate about rushers mainly, not at endgame really but twinking lvls. The rushers are always the noob who will stand and chat with everyone until a lower level (meaning far enough below to have a set or 2 lower) then they rush. No skill at all! I found this the case on my 45 dex Mage, I was spawn killed by a 52 several times, then when I had a chance to buff, I killed him 3 times as he charged me. Then he gets mad and challenges me to 1v1, and I beat him with his 51 raid dagger set. He then rages about me kiting and leaves. If ur gonna rush have the honor to not stoop to this weak practice, if u can't pvp at ur level don't be a jerk

Zerious
01-09-2012, 12:53 AM
Heres the one thing I hate about rushers mainly, not at endgame really but twinking lvls. The rushers are always the noob who will stand and chat with everyone until a lower level (meaning far enough below to have a set or 2 lower) then they rush. No skill at all! I found this the case on my 45 dex Mage, I was spawn killed by a 52 several times, then when I had a chance to buff, I killed him 3 times as he charged me. Then he gets mad and challenges me to 1v1, and I beat him with his 51 raid dagger set. He then rages about me kiting and leaves. If ur gonna rush have the honor to not stoop to this weak practice, if u can't pvp at ur level don't be a jerk

i understand. thanks for your input. Usually if i'm chatting in a game, it means i'm chilling, but if i see someone about to rush me, i don't give free kills ;) but i see where you're coming from

Appleisaac
01-09-2012, 12:54 AM
This might be a little late to jump in, and I know I don't know zerious...

Personally I prefer 1v1, but FFA is really fun sometimes! :) this is zerious's choice. Everyone is acting like he is Bennedict Arnold or something... Zerious has been very helpful from what I have seen on the forums, and it sounds like from what he has written in this thread that he will not be doing any of the things that tick people off badly about rushers...

1. He said he wasn't going to spawn kill... Didn't he? (honestly tell me if I'm wrong cause im tired)
2. He said he wasn't going to crash a "civil" game by running in and rushing the whole group.
3. From what I have heard about him it seems that he wouldn't rush the poor new people.

Honestly Zerious can do whatever he would like :) there are lots of FFA games out there! He doesnt sound like a jerk (I dont know him) so it seems like he probably won't be ruining any of your games! :)

P.S. ummm lol might be wrong spot to post, but zerious everyone is talking about how helpful u r with twinks... Can u help me? I really want to get better :)

MightyMicah
01-09-2012, 01:13 AM
Good observations apple.

Elyseon
01-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Im all for ffa, just let it be known when ppl join, usually even a rusher can be eliminated if ur good, cuz many times they dont expect u too fight back, except annoying spawn kills

Btw u have a 45?

Also ffa takes as much skill as 1v1 just different skills, if i can kill 3 ppl attacking me at once in a fair ffa, do i suck because an ffa is rushing.

ukeewu
01-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Once a 1v1 map is made...all other arenas will be ffa to me. The snail's pace of pvp has driven me to play a different game, so I welcome the new map

LelouchX
01-09-2012, 11:06 AM
I've already posted here, but as i see this is still getting more opinions, i'll link this thread in:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?47524-PvP-Disappointments-Won-t-Hold-Me-Back

Also, I've had plenty of 1v1 work fine when in the 3v3 room in SL. whenever i join a room, first thing i say is "FFA?" It's actually a quick chat for me now.

Riccits
01-09-2012, 11:09 AM
FFA is not equal rushing. If u enter a game and say "iam gonna FFA u can do what u want", then its partially ok. All can prepare for that.
Rushing is just kill some wich stands there. Its nothing hard and of course nothing to be proud of. So if u dont like to say go, then just announce it before u gonna kill all of the other team, so they have the chance to leave or buff etc.
Ur reasons are not valid to kill unprepared ppl... for me is that just live out some hate u have inside you and killboosting..

LelouchX
01-09-2012, 11:12 AM
FFA is not equal rushing. If u enter a game and say "iam gonna FFA u can do what u want", then its partially ok. All can prepare for that.
Rushing is just kill some wich stands there. Its nothing hard and of course nothing to be proud of. So if u dont like to say go, then just announce it before u gonna kill all of the other team, so they have the chance to leave or buff etc.
Ur reasons are not valid to kill unprepared ppl... for me is that just live out some hate u have inside you and killboosting..
Good point! FFA = free for all. Once it starts, it's every man for himself, but someone should still call before the start

Elyseon
01-09-2012, 11:44 AM
How i see it is there is dishonourable rushing and ffa rushing. Because you cant tell if a game is ffa when u join (unless its a big ctf map, then u probably know.) So u join and will often get killed with out any warning till ur dead and u ask, to u itwas rushing, to them it was ffa, if u are fast enough u will notice the situation and kill the attackers. Then their are those rusher that will rush noobs, and chase them out of the game, they ask u a question and while ur typing *wham* they kill u. Ffa is still rushing in my opinion, its just agreed upon rushing, u never wait for the opponent to buff in fact u hope they arent buffed

LelouchX
01-09-2012, 11:53 AM
i hear ya, but there is etiquette in FFA too. i put what i thought about rushing in the link i posted above. the only reason i can see for attacking someone in their base, even FFA, is if they retreat there in an attempt to heal/regen in the middle of a battle. i would never attack someone there that just entered a zone, even if FFA.

Elyseon
01-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Sometimes aoe from an ffa can kill u when u join. Best strategy to guard against rushers is to earn their respect and become their friend.

CrimsonTider
01-09-2012, 12:57 PM
amen to that...
I know where to draw the line, I know who my friends are. But i'm already seeing some of you lighting your flames towards me, when before, you had my back no matter what. I hope i still get some support, but then again, some believe rushing is next to satanic, so i can expect some hatred. What i'm saying is, anyone who does/did respect me will still get that respect in return, but it looks like half of you are going to blacklist me and hunt me down even tho you already know who and how i am as a character. I can safely say i'm a good person, maybe not the first one to come to for help, but reliable when you need me. Why not just call me into a game when your getting teamd on and need backup? I'll be there for you, just don't down me for making this choice. But then again, i understand.

I think the thing I am confused on Z, and others may be as well, is are you entering the arena with the intention to take out a particular group of individuals or anyone you see? If this "change" is directed towards certain, well-known "rushers", then fine... I have no issues and with certain individuals will actually help you. However, my issue lies with you becoming one of "them". That is where I don't have your back. Some of your posts are conflicting and a little clarity would help.

As to the whole "pvp becoming a social gathering" argument, I for one do not have the issue of joining games where individuals just stand and talk. Yes, I do find them from time to tike but there are always plenty of games, at all levels, which I can simply leave and find people wbo are wanting to 1v1 as soon as I pop in. If ffa is what is the style someone is looking for, make your own game and when someone enters, announce the purpose of the game, as Ricci pointed out. In the end, the only valid reason for rushing is if you have been rushed and are counter-attacking. Otherwise, there is always another option.

(The second paragraph was not directed at Z, just a general statement to all who read.)

Elyseon
01-09-2012, 02:23 PM
If theres a game with ppl chatting make ur own game, they obviously want to being doing that

Appleisaac
01-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Maybe we could have the option of 1v1 or FFA when we host the game. It could say Applehelper's FFA instead of applehelpers game. Tht would be a great way to filter the people who join.

Zerious
01-09-2012, 05:16 PM
I think the thing I am confused on Z, and others may be as well, is are you entering the arena with the intention to take out a particular group of individuals or anyone you see? If this "change" is directed towards certain, well-known "rushers", then fine... I have no issues and with certain individuals will actually help you. However, my issue lies with you becoming one of "them". That is where I don't have your back. Some of your posts are conflicting and a little clarity would help.

As to the whole "pvp becoming a social gathering" argument, I for one do not have the issue of joining games where individuals just stand and talk. Yes, I do find them from time to tike but there are always plenty of games, at all levels, which I can simply leave and find people wbo are wanting to 1v1 as soon as I pop in. If ffa is what is the style someone is looking for, make your own game and when someone enters, announce the purpose of the game, as Ricci pointed out. In the end, the only valid reason for rushing is if you have been rushed and are counter-attacking. Otherwise, there is always another option.

(The second paragraph was not directed at Z, just a general statement to all who read.)

ok so: i have a "safe" list, people who are guaranteed to never get rushed by me. Then there's a "hitlist", self-explanatory. But as for those i don't know that aren't in my guild or allied guilds, they can expect to be rushed. Pvp is a danger zone, but if i join a game that looks like a chat lobby, i'll lower the wand from their necks and be friendly.

Zerious
01-09-2012, 05:26 PM
This might be a little late to jump in, and I know I don't know zerious...

Personally I prefer 1v1, but FFA is really fun sometimes! :) this is zerious's choice. Everyone is acting like he is Bennedict Arnold or something... Zerious has been very helpful from what I have seen on the forums, and it sounds like from what he has written in this thread that he will not be doing any of the things that tick people off badly about rushers...

1. He said he wasn't going to spawn kill... Didn't he? (honestly tell me if I'm wrong cause im tired)
2. He said he wasn't going to crash a "civil" game by running in and rushing the whole group.
3. From what I have heard about him it seems that he wouldn't rush the poor new people.

Honestly Zerious can do whatever he would like :) there are lots of FFA games out there! He doesnt sound like a jerk (I dont know him) so it seems like he probably won't be ruining any of your games! :)

P.S. ummm lol might be wrong spot to post, but zerious everyone is talking about how helpful u r with twinks... Can u help me? I really want to get better :)

sorry for double post, but i forgot.

Yes! I can help you with your twink :) go ahead and pm me on the forums with the details and we'll get to work

Battlelock
01-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Lmao

Zerious
01-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Lmao

that's adorable

sky8er
01-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Can u help my lv 18 commando moderator zerious?

birdmasta
01-09-2012, 10:12 PM
that's adorable

Do u remember me svvooshftw? Will u rush me? I made new 26 and 35 and 31. Twinkmanship, iltwink, twinkmanbear zerious u made me a good build lvl 26

CrimsonTider
01-10-2012, 12:24 AM
ok so: i have a "safe" list, people who are guaranteed to never get rushed by me. Then there's a "hitlist", self-explanatory. But as for those i don't know that aren't in my guild or allied guilds, they can expect to be rushed. Pvp is a danger zone, but if i join a game that looks like a chat lobby, i'll lower the wand from their necks and be friendly.

Isn't this kinda a basic understanding of pvp? I think we all have people we will "rush" if we see them cause of their reputation. Others we are cool with and respect. I think if you had explained in your original post what you just said in this paragraph, you would not have recieved the attention you did. BTW, I am sure our lists match, especially at 35. You know I have your back.... always have.

Zerious
01-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Isn't this kinda a basic understanding of pvp? I think we all have people we will "rush" if we see them cause of their reputation. Others we are cool with and respect. I think if you had explained in your original post what you just said in this paragraph, you would not have recieved the attention you did. BTW, I am sure our lists match, especially at 35. You know I have your back.... always have.

ah, well i'm horrible with words... But see, If no one is talking, and there's someone there i don't know, it's FFA for me to them. If someone asks if it's FFA, usually i'll just say yes :P Plus you know i watch out for my firends. Several opportunities for me to rush you came up on Herwolf. ;)

Can u help my lv 18 commando moderator zerious?

I haven't started playing SL competitively, sorry...

Do u remember me svvooshftw? Will u rush me? I made new 26 and 35 and 31. Twinkmanship, iltwink, twinkmanbear zerious u made me a good build lvl 26

haven't seen you on in a while... I'll be sure to add you... Any of my students have my protection if i have theres in return.

birdmasta
01-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Hello STS twinks and pvpers. I've been encountered by a few friends of mine, alts i've never met. And they brought to my attention that they've seen a change in me.

Needless to say, I've lost those friends....

I, Zerious, the one who so despised rushers and trolls in the arena, and who lots of twinks admired and sought advice

from, have become a rusher.

The reason why i'm posting this is because I've totally converted. I'm not going to ask twinks or pvpers i don't know to "go", They'll have to do what i've been doing for the past year, and attempt a counter. Why have I converted? Because
PL has changed too much from the PL i once knew. Too many people out to simply grieve others, too many people full of pride when there's hardly anything to be proud of, and too many people who forget that it's just a game. PL used to be more than just a game, it was a warm community. I've found this community in the most ironic way possible for my tastes by joining Unknown Terrorists. I once hated this guild but now, there are the closest to friends than anyone else i've recently encountered. I haven't had this much fun since the first annual Winter Festival...

MY guild never thrived the way I was hoping, and it was heart-breaking to watch my guildies get rushed and wonder why they were doing it when i was teaching them it was wrong. They all left. Others added twinks they never get on. The hopes of bringing back any amount of decent pvpers were crushed, and I'm simply tired of working for a lost cause.

Since I've already started a bad name for myself, I thought it'd be fair for those on the forums to know, and spare the surprise. But there are few who will forever be safe from me, they know who they are. (either you know i'd never rush you, or you'll just drop me easily.)

happy twinking.... sort of...

Zerious

Zerious don't rush anyone in the guild renuity(my guild) plzzzzzzzzzz thx if u dont

Jugernugett
01-13-2012, 06:39 PM
Just another rusher the master Juger can take care of and bring to justice.
Job on pl: kills all rushers and makes them stop rushing forever!>8D mwahahah I'll go online right now to defeat the evil! Nothing Master Juger can't take care of, mwahahahahahahh!!! No one can stop me from doing good and fighting evil.

I seem like a superhero lol..... SUPER JUGER!! (>J<)

Protank
01-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Haha Grats zerious. I have felt the same way in the past and made a thread like u. Mine was titled "I'm about to
Be the most hated in pl" or something like that a while back.

Since then tho I still give people a chance to see what there all about. I rush a rusher and camp him/her. I'll say go if they want too.

Pvp Fun Stuff Man

Ttyl zerious :)

GELLIO77
01-14-2012, 07:33 AM
@ zer: Whos on you safe list?

@ jug: zer is an amazing pvper you have fun trying...

Whirlzap
01-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Be a rusher.
I'm glad. I'll be there waiting for you.
Let's end it today. The best rusher....

Delphina
01-15-2012, 08:04 PM
Ok guys... Please try to remain civil in your comments. Thanks!

LADYHADASSA
01-15-2012, 09:19 PM
Well Zeri! long time no see... I can understand your struggle in the pvp realm im sorry it turned to this but if you are having fun it is all that counts these days, lol so ill know whe. I sign onto twinks you dont know lmao... Zeri ya are a resoected pl friend, i hope pvp continues to bring you some fun

Jugernugett
01-15-2012, 10:18 PM
Oh boy... xD

Jugernugett
01-15-2012, 10:22 PM
Lol delphine sorry.:/ wont happen again, I say here because when I try to send messages to friends it doesn't work:/

faot
01-18-2012, 07:29 PM
This rushing thing IS boring but what about new-bees huh against someone like JOP or sunblocks they dot know what to do or even the graces or solvock even blitz if they ALL started rushing (JOP already does) pvp wouldn't b fun for noobs cuz they can't get 1 kill it's not really fair (in not noob tho) just sayin zerious and whats with this :warmcommunity: huh I try to talk to some people and if your new they just ignore so I think pl is better with just ctf and pve for fighting pvp 2 but for classes like 10-90 kills 1000-2000 kills 4000-10000 and the way the devs class it now 6 lvls lower or higher DUDE U CAN BE A BEAR EXAMPLE IF YOUR SUNBLOCKS VS SOME GUY LVL 18!!!! who's gonna win obviously not sun cuz this guy is 6 LVLS HIGHER HE CAN HAVE 1 MAXED OUT SKILL MORE THAN U !!!!
so I say just ditch pvp unless u r rich 300k-1000k for lvl 10-12 and u have a pro build otherwise u will keep diying unless u use my glitch cheap build that gets more kills then deaths it's price 65 plat and 1000 gold just pm me I live in Canada so pm me in like the right time WHEN IM AWAKE and I have school so mostly 7:00 - 7:45 and 4:00 - 9:00 make sure u have the right time zone

Jugernugett
01-18-2012, 10:02 PM
U don't need to be rich to pvp. U need to have skill.

superme
01-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Weird how pvping is taken so seriously. Weird why people play it so much. After 3 seconds u or your opponent is dead. There is absolutely no point in taking it seriously.

WhoIsThis
01-18-2012, 10:29 PM
Weird how pvping is taken so seriously. Weird why people play it so much. After 3 seconds u or your opponent is dead. There is absolutely no point in taking it seriously.

Spoken like a true non-enthusiast.

It's taken seriously because it's hard to master. Like an FPS game.

Zeus
01-18-2012, 10:58 PM

It definitely does not that 3 seconds to kill a bear, lmao! :D

Swimmingstar
01-18-2012, 11:24 PM
Or me! It takes at least 4. :D

JackOak
01-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Am I safe from you?

-Your Honorable Twink