PDA

View Full Version : Contest Brainstorming Thread!

Delphina
01-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Hello everyone!

We need everyone help. I know many people have been asking for more contests! Well here is your chance to make some suggestions...

What other contests can we do that will be fun? We are trying to gather some ideas.... Be creative and have fun with it!

Cool4ever100
01-05-2012, 07:32 PM
I have a good in game contest type thing... The devs should ave like a dev hide n seek thing. Say justg and flip get on and hide in anytown they wish... They send a system msg saying like we are hiding come and find us.. Idk then when someone locates both devs they have to say like I found u or wave at them. They then give out one exclusive item that's brand new and that dev will stop hiding tell both are found and gave the vanity... They then hide somewhere else and repeat. Kinda like u have to find Santa but only one player gets prize per dev round and once they got him they cant win again that day. Well idk lol just my thoughts

Artentreri
01-05-2012, 07:41 PM
I say we all bake batch of cupcakes and send it to the devs, then whoever made the best tasting cupcakes wins! By the way, they have to be strawberry and arsenic free. :)

kallima
01-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Where one dresses up and creates a costume of their favorite in game attire. Then the pics are submitted and voted upon by mods/devs, whoever STS deems fit to be a judge.

That way, those that are tweaked out by revealing their faces don't have to as they can adorn a mask. :)

Just a twist on the costume contests that have been done in the past.

Artentreri
01-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Or have a best hat design contest. Like, find your favorite pl quote, from game, forums, or something creative yet relevant.

Artentreri
01-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Where one dresses up and creates a costume of their favorite in game attire. Then the pics are submitted and voted upon by mods/devs, whoever STS deems fit to be a judge.

That way, those that are tweaked out by revealing their faces don't have to as they can adorn a mask. :)

Just a twist on the costume contests that have been done in the past. but I'm too poor to buy awesome looking stuff! :/

kallima
01-05-2012, 07:50 PM
I say we all bake batch of cupcakes and send it to the devs, then whoever made the best tasting cupcakes wins! By the way, they have to be strawberry and arse
nic free. :)

I think that's great but there are some nutjobs out there, we want our devs healthy. :) But cupcake design contest would be fine - no risk but to ourselves and out kitchen - lol. On the other hand, they did do a cake design contest already.

Artentreri
01-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Aw, and I thought I had somethin completely original.. Lame. Thanks for the approval though! :)

kallima
01-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Poor schmoor - who says you have to buy stuff? Use old clothes, blankets, etc to design and sew costume.

Necessity is the mother of invention but creativity is its father! ;)

Artentreri
01-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Ohhhh I thought you meant my pl character, man do I feel dumb.
Edit: didn't notice the giant RL above that haha.

WoundedEagle
01-05-2012, 08:48 PM
I have suggested these before:

-Singing Contest
-New Vanity Hat design
-New Vanity Pet design
-1000 Way to die (Funniest Screenshots of deaths)
-Lost Expidition has a level that doesn't have a boss, Boss design contest?
-Create a new name for the Lost Expidition town. It is currently Frost Hollow.

I'll add more.

Fao
01-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Was about to say vanity pet design contest, WE stole it! Jk I wish we could do this! And whoever wins get the pet for free!!!

Zombiemurder
01-05-2012, 09:00 PM
My idea is maybe a contents for who can make it through a maze that the devs make first so if u make through u get lots of credits platinum or a new vanit I think this would be fun for all players.

ghost.mw
01-05-2012, 09:07 PM
How about a Facebook contest, why twitter only???

MimeRifle
01-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Two words.... Scavenger hunt. *good ones*, not too easy... maybe make them so multiple classes are required to open the various "hidden" items.... :D

Delphina
01-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Good ideas everyone! Keep them coming!

WoundedEagle
01-05-2012, 09:59 PM
New Player guides contest? The old one is outdated, and now we have screen capture abilities on PC.

Roc
01-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Magic Mirror face design contest! It seems like not too many people use the custom face option, so let's give them a chance to design the fairest face of them all ;)

Artentreri
01-05-2012, 10:05 PM
I would say a best joke contest, but we've already got a champ.. :P

Artentreri
01-05-2012, 10:08 PM
See, these are all awesome ideas, except I'm the world's worst artist. So if I can cheat and have my girlfriend draw something up I'm down. :)

Urqui
01-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Two words.... Scavenger hunt. *good ones*, not too easy... maybe make them so multiple classes are required to open the various "hidden" items.... :D
A real scavenger hunt in game
Not just in the towns in the lvls also
Have diffrent rewards for what lvl you're at. What I mean is if youre lvl60 you start off doing it first reward is lvl10 then 2nd reward lvl20 and so on...
We all start at forest haven but a Lvl10 just does scavanger hunt at dark forest & in forest haven & Lvl60& up in all the maps, but make it longer to do also more difficult
Etc
Also have it made with riddles & not have the "go to" button to send you off to the next map & the map ZzzzzZZZzz
Examples:
Lvl10: starts at forest haven hints to find meathead from there the witch (forgot name) the witch sends us then to Vinny the minotaur etc
Lvl60: same but does way more stuff at alien oasis, nuri's & at mt fang etc
I'd love to do this:D

(sorry for grammer spelling & other mistakes, I'm on the iphone)

P.s. New weapon design!

CodyBearr
01-05-2012, 10:17 PM
I have suggested these before:

-Singing Contest
-New Vanity Hat design
-New Vanity Pet design
-1000 Way to die (Funniest Screenshots of deaths)
-Lost Expidition has a level that doesn't have a boss, Boss design contest?
-Create a new name for the Lost Expidition town. It is currently Frost Hollow.

I'll add more.

Everything you could ever want in that post!!

Artentreri
01-05-2012, 10:29 PM
I like the elaborate scavenger hunt idea. That should at least be in the top three. :)

PatsoeGamer
01-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Magic Mirror face design contest! It seems like not too many people use the custom face option, so let's give them a chance to design the fairest face of them all ;)

Like :)

PatsoeGamer
01-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Everything you could ever want in that post!!

Only because wound can sing! lol

YYZ????
01-06-2012, 10:01 PM
A few months ago I sponsored a "Fastest to 50" contest. It failed with no entries. I think one of the reasons it may have failed was the "no plat elixir" clause.

Maybe we can try again, fastest to 60 or 65! Plat elixir encouraged!

Post a screenshot of your lvl 1 character, power level with your friends, post pic when you reach limit (60-65).

Winner gets Glory and maybe some plat or A lightning bolt vanity shield!

Artentreri
01-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Dude that would suck, I don't have plat and someone getting 4x the xp I do is gonna stomp me no matter what.

Urqui
01-07-2012, 01:01 AM
Have you been holding on to all the different antennas? They may be useful soon…
Maybe have some quests for every type of antenna you own. At the end, depending on which or how many antennas you own, you can mix them to make a single pair of antennas
Because I have yellow blue & black(justg ty) & it's cool & everything but what's the point of having them if you're not gonna wear it?
So how about a quest that rewards you mixing your antennas:D
Or anything like that...

Also, new set contest:D
Design a new set (hopefully for lvl15 lol) make helm, 1H weapon, 2H weapon, armor, shield, & set sparkle/glow whatever its called
StS can decide the set bonus;)

Delphina
01-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Great ideas everyone! Any ideas that would involve in game and the forums?

Bunnyshoota
01-08-2012, 09:32 PM
A maze contest. Put 10 people in a winding dungeon, see who finds portal first. Sort of like alien underground. Also, there are monsters in there:)

Zombiemurder
01-08-2012, 09:43 PM
A maze contest. Put 10 people in a winding dungeon, see who finds portal first. Sort of like alien underground. Also, there are monsters in there:)

I alredy suggested a maze and if u add enimies ull have like a lvl 5 die and then it's unfair for him/her and if u make it to easy then the high levels will breeze on through I think a plain maze would be best then

Jugernugett
01-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Who can make a new lvl cap item reward? :) best one wins 100 platinum.

zappaxe
01-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Hmm massive player vs devs pvp game???

MightyMicah
01-08-2012, 10:19 PM
A race from FH to Ao by land? (no portalling/using map)

Zombiemurder
01-09-2012, 06:09 AM
Who can make a new lvl cap item reward? :) best one wins 100 platinum.

I'm pretty sure they have special vanity armor redy for the caps but it is a good idea

Redbridge
01-09-2012, 06:54 AM
I love the new PL player guide idea as it does need updating, also love the magic mirror design comp..

But, my fav (and one I would have suggested again) is the scan hunt idea.

This has lots a lots of repeat scope.

If the dev team could add lots of unique 'marks' across the maps then there could be an endless amount of player generated scan hunts and fun.

IE if you added a unique symbol on the Alien/Egyptian walls or a symbol on the ground somewhere or a different coloured brick in a wall, etc You could run various scan hunts, and players could actually host them too....

Its been suggested before but would add a totally new dimension to the game.

Urqui
01-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Great ideas everyone! Any ideas that would involve in game and the forums?

If the dev team could add lots of unique 'marks' across the maps then there could be an endless amount of player generated scan hunts and fun.

IE if you added a unique symbol on the Alien/Egyptian walls or a symbol on the ground somewhere or a different coloured brick in a wall, etc You could run various scan hunts, and players could actually host them too....

Its been suggested before but would add a totally new dimension to the game.
Delfina, there's your answer:D

superme
01-09-2012, 10:48 PM
U can have a contest for creating the most awesome and cool vanity armor.

Also, u could have a contest where u have to guess-the-pink contest. For example, u could give the stats of a random pink and whoever guesses the pink will get that pink.

RedRyder
01-09-2012, 11:49 PM
God forbid you pick a design contest lol. People get mad at me for entering -.-