PDA

View Full Version : General feedback

superme
01-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Awesome game, but there are a couple things to add:

1. Players should be able to be able to give each other platinum or be able to buy things from the cs with platinum.

2. Only the guild master should be able to boot people out of the guild.

Yup, thats it!

JaytB
01-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Awesome game, but there are a couple things to add:

1. Players should be able to be able to give each other platinum or be able to buy things from the cs with platinum.

2. Only the guild master should be able to boot people out of the guild.

Yup, thats it!

1. I disagree... Plat is real money, it should never be tradeable IMO. Gold scams are bad enough, but if people have a possibility to scam real life money, disputes will be very difficult to settle and the impact will be much higher. I don't even know if it's legal to be able to trade real life money in a game with a minimum age requirement of 13. As for buying stuff from cs with plat, you can already buy gold with plat and use that to buy the items you want.

2. I also disagree... That's why there are 'recruiter' ranks. If you don't want anybody to be able to boot, simply make them all recruiters instead of officers. If the GM can't go on due to real life circumstances, there should be people who are trusted enough to be able to determine when to boot bad seeds in your guild.

At least, these are my thoughts about it :)

Rare
01-06-2012, 11:48 AM

Agree with both your rebuttals.

Walkhardd
01-06-2012, 11:51 AM

Agree with both your rebuttals.

Agree with you agreeing about both of his rebuttals.

adidaman
01-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Now, as a veteran troll, I don't often agree with people. But you sir, have earned my respect. Not that I agree with you (I don't, at all), but I appreciate your courage to speak out against the super-mods. Respect well earned, good sir.

superme
01-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Now, as a veteran troll, I don't often agree with people. But you sir, have earned my respect. Not that I agree with you (I don't, at all), but I appreciate your courage to speak out against the super-mods. Respect well earned, good sir.

Ty:)

Zewebaby
01-10-2012, 03:13 AM
1. I disagree... Plat is real money, it should never be tradeable IMO. Gold scams are bad enough, but if people have a possibility to scam real life money, disputes will be very difficult to settle and the impact will be much higher. I don't even know if it's legal to be able to trade real life money in a game with a minimum age requirement of 13. As for buying stuff from cs with plat, you can already buy gold with plat and use that to buy the items you want.

Platinum is not real money. You pay real money for platinum. Platinum, in turn, is used to purchase various things in-game, which are also not real money. By your logic, potions purchased with plat should not be tradeable, players using plat-bought elixirs should not be able to group with those who aren't, drops received using plat-bought elixirs should be untradeable, etc. etc. etc.

Plain and simple, plat != IRL cash dollars. Just because something costs money does not mean that it is money itself.

I'm sure there's an obvious reason why we can't trade/gift plat, but I don't see it myself. Personally, I think it makes a ton of sense from a business perspective, and I'd personally like the option of giving plat to friends quite a bit. I understand that making it tradeable would wreak havoc on the economy, but what if it were to only be giftable? Sure, you'd have people trying - and succeeding at times, I suppose - to buy and sell items for plat, but by forcing a two-transaction system, innate (and justifiable!) distrust of one's fellow man should keep scamming to a minimum while allowing the rest of us to help one another out by sharing plat.

Sales would go up, at the very least.

Zewebaby
01-10-2012, 03:15 AM
p.s. i'm broke for the next two weeks, hook me up with some plat for my excellent post

Fusionstrike
01-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Zewebaby is right on. Plat is not "real money", and there's no reason not to allow people to trade it just like anything else. There's nothing special about plat once it's bought. If it could be sold back to STS for real money, then it would be different. As it stands, the only difference is that it can be used to buy a different category of items.

In fact, there are plenty of people who do not have access to a way to pay for plat in game. These people would certainly like a way to get plat from others. I don't get the comment that it would "wreak havoc on the economy" for plat to be able to circulate. Plat would simply become just another exchange medium, and an exchange rate from gold to plat would arise. And yes, STS would sell a lot more plat if it could be traded. People would then have another option to buy items in game from each other with a currency that doesn't have to be farmed. I would expect it to drive down prices for items in general, but that is a good thing. STS should want items to become more accessible to casual players. That helps increase the enjoyment for the non-hardcore players, which will in turn increase the player base.

There's nothing special about plat. There's no reason it shouldn't be able to be traded.

adidaman
01-10-2012, 11:57 AM
No.

NECROREAPER
01-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Just no

ninjaduck
01-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Probably no

MoarPewPew
01-10-2012, 01:38 PM

No to you and No to both ideas.

Battlelock
01-10-2012, 01:48 PM
That's a no to the no on both yo.

JaytB
01-10-2012, 02:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg2u_De8j5o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Zewebaby
01-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Why?