PDA

View Full Version : The Last Hooora..(Reflection/Contest)

nmyxspaceship
01-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Hey everyone it's been a great 2 years. I've met some new interesting friends, discovered a new type of game, and have made some memories. I'm afraid that the end is near for some of us oldies or original players and wanted to put up this thread for old times sake and for a look back into the past.

Post reflections on the friends you have made, the countless hours you might have speant baking a cake, or the hunt for droid. I don't want this in any way to take place of Whirlz thread, but I wanted this to not only be a contest thread, but a good time for the players too. I wan't the new players to see how Alterra use to be. Spamming sales in FH, Shock lance and Galzyx, Black ice.

I hope everyone takes part in this as it will probably be my last contest. I couldn't manage to gather a big pot like my previous contest but it is something I think most players would like to have.

So the prize will be a Strongmans Glyph Mace Set...

(donations accepted)

I wan't you guys to come up with a new Pl Logo. I wan't the logo to bring you back to the past or give us a hint of what the Pl future holds. Make it yours and make represent the good times you have had. For the new players just let it represent the fun times that you are having now.

This can be done on paint, sketched up on paper, done in sketchbook, dont on Photoshop, AI, and what ever resource you can use. Keep it clean. Do Not take anything you see on google, I will moniter all of the post and make sure they are not taken. I ask that you only submit one so that everyone will have an equal chance. You may enter twice but the first entry will be cancelled out.

For the less artistic, this will not be judged on if the logo shines, it will be judged on how much it represents pl.

I am hoping to get this Developers to have a hand in this. Maybe a forum poll, a 1 plat prize, just anything to show how the forums use to be. I know that they have been working on DL night and day and I'm hoping to come back around on the release that. You guys are great!

dead line will be January 24, that gives some time for everyone to see and take part in.

My Reflection

I started playing this game in about September of 2010, this was my first rpg, no concept on farming and merching, and I'm pretty sure I drove alot of my friends today crazy(shout out to Dexman). Not really sure of who I really was first friends with, I added people mostly because they looked cool. So I played bought the occassional 5 plat pack when I wanted a new map, got to 45. Then ao3 came out. This was around when I hosted my first contest, I was pretty excited it ended up on facebook. I met my good friend RedRyder during that contest too, he entered one of the coolest pics I had seen around forums and that led to some of the art I do around here now. Later on I ran into Ladyhadasa, Justbrutal, and Fastcast. They helped me get really good at this game. We would always farm sewers, I still to this day have not gotten a pink in the sewers. Then nuri came out. The Great drop rate of glyph steels and 2 obe xbows in 4 runs really helped me be able to host that awesome 1,000,000 coin contest(thanks evolt for making it a 2mil contest).Then the rest is basically what you see now I get on from time to time and say hello to some my old buds and enjoy it while I can...

Thanks for the great times STS...

WoundedEagle
01-05-2012, 10:21 PM
I haven't read the whole thread yet, and I'm posting this comment to say don't quit :concern:

Zeus
01-05-2012, 10:26 PM
What!? Spaceship quitting!? It can't be! :O

Dude, I've always loved your generosity on the forums, even if karma hasn't been as good in return to you. I hope I can make your turn your decision, but if I really can't, please PM me on Apollo or Zeus tonight and I'd like to donate what I can to this contest. I myself have been giving away quite a bit recently, but always got room for more generosity!

Lemme know if I can change your mind though, please.

Always enjoyed your posts and lively spirit,

~Parth :)

nmyxspaceship
01-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Thanks Wound and Apollo. You guys have been really good to me here on the forums. You've encouraged me and supported me in my contest. I honestly don't know what to say in this situation, I hope you can too Apollo...

Artentreri
01-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Well, you have a few things goin for ya, you seem like a genuinely good person, wounded has your back, and your sig is Poe. That's all I need to know, you've got my vote man. You should definitely stick around, we need more people like you.

Mothwing
01-05-2012, 10:48 PM
NO SPACE!!! :( Dont go :( Im really gonna miss you if you do...We had some awesome times together. Please change your mind or take a couple weeks off...PM me ingame so i can give you some donation btw, im happy to help. Hope you change your mind :(

Lowlyspy
01-05-2012, 10:50 PM
NOOO SPACE. I'll miss you buddy, I will gladly donate my Mega Mage set to this (sorry it can't be more, it's all i've got that I can spare.) T-T

nmyxspaceship
01-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Wow guys i really have to give everyone a big thanks, and thanks epicunicorn for donating void bow set and thank you too lowly that is just fine:]

Swimmingstar
01-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Don't go space. We won't have a taste of the future in PL. I might enter but for sure I'll donate something. Just PM Swimmingstar in-game anytime you see him, and add me if you haven't.

Piosidon
01-06-2012, 12:27 AM
Space, I just think you need one of those looooooonnnnnngggggggg breaks

nmyxspaceship
01-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Enough of me guys, lets just make this a great contest!

ninjaduck
01-06-2012, 05:01 PM
From reading your posts through my time here, I must say agree with Apollo 100%. Ill try and donate something if I can, and please dont leave! :"D

PatsoeGamer
01-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Dont you dare quit

Mothwing
01-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Space, I just think you need one of those looooooonnnnnngggggggg breaks

Agreed!!

Enough of me guys, lets just make this a great contest!

And awesome people and best friends are more important than make believe video game items!