PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know any Engineer combos?

Swimmingstar
01-06-2012, 12:25 AM
Need to do more damage to get through slouch faster. -_-

Ebalere
01-06-2012, 12:33 AM
No self combo's for engi. I capped all three toons and found engineer to be the slowest. Lack of damage output is all it boils down to. Maybe you could talk to Lelouchx (his engi is named Eyeofnewt), Deathpunch, Morfic, Bubu, or Bene. They know Engi's very well and are also friendly. I'm sure they can help speed up your runs.

Swimmingstar
01-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Thanks. I still gotta do 5 more tapjoy offers to make an operative. And once I level my eng to 40 I'll experience the op and com to see if i like them. No combos for eng. :(

Kaytar
01-06-2012, 12:55 AM
Thanks. I still gotta do 5 more tapjoy offers to make an operative. And once I level my eng to 40 I'll experience the op and com to see if i like them. No combos for eng. :(I'm leveling a commando! Currently level 24 (almost 25) with some time left on a 4x. I love commando, but it uses alot of mana. You know my main, but I'm not very fond of engineer due to the lack of Damage skills :( I hope the last skill is a damage buff. Or something epic for engineers to to massive amounts of damage. Best of luck getting to 29, Then you can do sy runs and you level FAST!!!! 29-35 In one day for me without enhancers. No xp in sy at 39 though so you have to take on voleria (dom dom dom!!!)

Swimmingstar
01-06-2012, 01:14 AM
Suggestion for last EPIC skill.

1. +100 damage buff, each skill level +50 more damage to buff.
2. 200 damage, each skill level it's +50 damage.

Kaytar
01-06-2012, 01:21 AM
Suggestion for last EPIC skill.

1. +100 damage buff, each skill level +50 more damage to buff.
2. 200 damage, each skill level it's +50 damage.no no no! 1000 damage with each skill level +100000000 damage. Woot

Swimmingstar
01-06-2012, 01:24 AM
Engineer FTW! Lots of complaining coming. Don't blame me if mobs of ops and coms come and attack you if this gets implemented. Well, with this skill, lots of kills for you and lots of deaths for them. :p

Skeletonlord
01-06-2012, 01:24 AM
You should try to commando class out, and you said you would. I'm a commando, and I could help you out there. I haven't thought about making a engineer yet so I might do and try that class out soon.

Swimmingstar
01-06-2012, 01:27 AM
I just got com to L3 but remade so different hair and face style.... Now L1!

LelouchX
01-06-2012, 04:10 AM
No self combo's for engi. I capped all three toons and found engineer to be the slowest. Lack of damage output is all it boils down to. Maybe you could talk to Lelouchx (his engi is named Eyeofnewt), Deathpunch, Morfic, Bubu, or Bene. They know Engi's very well and are also friendly. I'm sure they can help speed up your runs.
i was gonna yell at u for insulting engis but then u redeemed urself so I'll be nice :-)

I actually found that capping my engi has been the quickest. damage output exceeds that of com and even tho it's less than op, engis have 2 extremely useful AoEs that help wear down mobs. also their ability to stun enemies wit pain is NECESSARY, not just helpful. in voleria, stunning those annoying knockback guys for 3 seconds wit pain, followed by a barrage of dots and AoE skills, often allows u to kill them before they get a chance to send u flying into a mine or another mob u are not ready to pull yet. stunning snipers that 1 shot kill u..... no explanation needed there. shipyard is full of annoying knockback guys as well, and even in slouch it's nice to stun those pesky healers who make it hard to kill mobs u wear down. running with engi mains, I generally see all of what I described here done and done well. engi alts often either don't know how to maximize the class' potential or only really care to cap the toon an be done wit it (although I would be remiss if I didn't mention that eb plays his engi better than most who hate playing the class as much as he does). if u r like me and want to use some plat to help u on that long grind, I would invest in a 2x damage lix along wit and xp one, because your aoe skills will be twice as effective. in mantle, I have had runs killing the first 2 mobs take as little as 35 seconds when running newt and have nobody die or need stims. on my alts, runs can take ad long as a minute. sorry for my rant, I can talk about engis all night, check the link in my sig for my engi build, its designed to maximize damage output while still supporting it group. also shows u how I tank (which i like doing more on my engi than my com). it's not updated for voleria yet.

edit: I've got a little editing to do in that build, it's been too long since I update it. and y am I still awake?

Swimmingstar
01-06-2012, 01:51 PM
That was the time I was playing SL and starting to log off. L26.5 now... sooooooooooooooo slooooooow.

Anyways... you got a 25 build? I can improve builds.

LelouchX
01-06-2012, 02:40 PM
That was the time I was playing SL and starting to log off. L26.5 now... sooooooooooooooo slooooooow.

Anyways... you got a 25 build? I can improve builds.
i'm going to edit my build a bit when i get home from work to gear it towards all levels, i'll post whatever screenies i can, but basically, 6 in empathy and trans, 1 in rez and pain, max decay (as soon as you get it, think you get by 25). 1 on boom (if you like aggro, which i do), and split the rest in wither and leech (with more in leech for the hp gain). i'll be more detailed when look at newt tonight and edit build thread. note i'm geared more towards damage and aggro than support, so i leave out protection, force shield, and suppression, which i let pure support build focus on. it seems like damage output is what you want to focus on anyway.

i'll look for u in BU tonight

LelouchX
01-06-2012, 03:45 PM
and to avoid double posting, check this link. i've posted the 2 combos that engis can take part in here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?45787-Combo&p=520276#post520276

Swimmingstar
01-06-2012, 11:41 PM
My engineer has 500 armor, no buffs. :) L28 now... 600 xp left!!!