PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with an Android tablet?

KingFu
01-06-2012, 05:35 AM
So I recently started playing on my phone for PL due to the lack of a tablet (I'm looking to buy the Transformer Prime), and I noticed my phone skips a lot of frames it seems, particularly in PvP. I never noticed this problem on my iPad. I realize tablets have more power than phones, but I was wondering if anyone has an android tablet and notices skipping frames in PL/SL? Mostly in PvP games. Wondering if it's just my phone or if a lot of Android devices do so as well.

Thanks!

-Myst

Matutd
01-06-2012, 06:44 AM
I heard the asus transformer runs pl very smoothly, I think it was by stompartist

BodMaster
01-06-2012, 09:35 AM
What phone do you have?

Funny thing I wouldn't even know if I was skipping frames because I've used one device since I joined PL/SL, so im so used to the movement etc, just feels normal.

Heazetaka
01-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Before I was banned forever I used my samsung galaxy tablet which is on sale right now...amd it ran suuuper smooth so u know

Carth
01-06-2012, 10:19 AM
I don't have any issues with frames skipping in PvE or PvP at all on my Toshiba Thrive Tablet. I do have issues with frames skipping sometimes in PvE and a lot in PvP on my HTC EVO 4G though.

Mitchturbo
01-06-2012, 11:31 AM
I use a htc flyer running honeycomb... It's very smooth.

RedRyder
01-06-2012, 11:52 AM
I use bamboo paper with a stick of butter and Pam, runs rediculously smooth ;)
But no seriously, I tried playing pl on my little brothers droid and same issue. I think it's just a phone thing and not tablet

Kahlua
01-06-2012, 12:21 PM
I have the new Samsung Nexus phone. It's a hit or miss for frame rate, but the colors and visual quality rival that of any tablet I've seen.

It does however, get VERY hot to the touch after a while.

BodMaster
01-06-2012, 01:25 PM
I have the new Samsung Nexus phone. It's a hit or miss for frame rate, but the colors and visual quality rival that of any tablet I've seen.

It does however, get VERY hot to the touch after a while.

Did you see my PM? UK had the phone back in Nov! :O

And in Feb/March the Samsung Galaxy 3 is out, so im gona wait for that, Dual Core 1.8ghz 2k RAM, 12 MP cam, 16/32 GB internal mem, IceCreamSandwich (ICS)

I WANT! IM HAVING! :O

KingFu
01-06-2012, 09:00 PM
What phone do you have?

Funny thing I wouldn't even know if I was skipping frames because I've used one device since I joined PL/SL, so im so used to the movement etc, just feels normal.

Droid Bionic:)

Kk, thanks guys. Seems like it's just the phones that have some trouble. Just wanted to make sure before buying it.