PDA

View Full Version : Level 66 dilemma

misterfurious
01-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Ok, so here's my dilemma. I'm slowly approaching the 66 level cap, but I'm currently about 50,000 points short and I'm not entirely sure that I'm going to be able to get there before the next update comes in February (I work full time and I can only play a few hours a week.)

My understanding is that once the new update comes out, I'm going to lose whatever amount of experience I've built up towards 66 (correct me if I'm wrong.) If this is true, I'm thinking that it would be better to not spend anymore plat on 4x elixers and such right now and just wait until the update comes, and then push hard for the next cap seeing as how I got a late start trying to get to 66.

Thoughts? Advice?

Draopwnzall
01-06-2012, 07:13 PM
Ok, so here's my dilemma. I'm slowly approaching the 66 level cap, but I'm currently about 50,000 points short and I'm not entirely sure that I'm going to be able to get there before the next update comes in February (I work full time and I can only play a few hours a week.)

My understanding is that once the new update comes out, I'm going to lose whatever amount of experience I've built up towards 66 (correct me if I'm wrong.) If this is true, I'm thinking that it would be better to not spend anymore plat on 4x elixers and such right now and just wait until the update comes, and then push hard for the next cap seeing as how I got a late start trying to get to 66.

Thoughts? Advice?

Sounds tough, how many hours can you play after you finish work? Let's say you play an hour and your with a full 4x elixir group, you get 10000xp per hour.

Ayc2000
01-06-2012, 07:14 PM
If you can find a very good group, you can get 50k in about 4-5 hours with pots. I found that in a full potted group, ive gotton 12k xp per hour. With an ok group, you can get it in 5-6 hours. It's usually 9-10k xp per hour. If you think you can play for that much time over the next month, go for it! But if you can't play for over 4 hours total in the next month, don't try. Good luck!

misterfurious
01-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Sounds tough, how many hours can you play after you finish work? Let's say you play an hour and your with a full 4x elixir group, you get 10000xp per hour.

Ok, I'm confused. Do I get more exp if everyone is playing with 4x elixer as opposed to just me using one? I could manage two hours a night.

Leli
01-06-2012, 07:18 PM
If your having second thoughts about using 4x to 66, try using 1.5 gold elixers. Maybe during the week you get day off, use the 4x during runs. Stopping completely would be a little bit of a waste. Just try using the 1.5xp elixer. The name is <Playa's Potion> if you dont yet know the name. Getting a day off is when the 4x comes for any hardcore leveling planned.

Any other questions you might have for me, just pm (private message) me on forums, or on Pocket Legends. My IGN (in game name) is Leliskye, and if im not on, my bird is Deviousleli. Good Luck on your desicions!

misterfurious
01-06-2012, 07:21 PM
If your having second thoughts about using 4x to 66, try using 1.5 gold elixers. Maybe during the week you get day off, use the 4x during runs. Stopping completely would be a little bit of a waste. Just try using the 1.5xp elixer. The name is <Playa's Potion> if you dont yet know the name. Getting a day off is when the 4x comes for any hardcore leveling planned.

Any other questions you might have for me, just pm (private message) me on forums, or on Pocket Legends. My IGN (in game name) is Leliskye, and if im not on, my bird is Deviousleli. Good Luck on your desicions!

Thanks. That's good advice. I wouldn't stop playing altogether; probably spend time farming and helping lower level players if they need it.

Walkhardd
01-06-2012, 07:30 PM
If you have 2 hours to play a day, and you use elixers, you will make it to 66 easy..the biggest thing is finding a group to run with. With a potted group, you should be able to get at least 10k xp an hour (with or without boss). Do the math...you have plenty of time.. So, let me be the first to congratulate you on that new spiffy lvl 66 armor. :)

nomad187
01-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Ok, I'm confused. Do I get more exp if everyone is playing with 4x elixer as opposed to just me using one? I could manage two hours a night.

You don't get more xp, the runs are just that much faster.

I say go for it. 4x pot, you have about 6 hours left. Increase that time if you get a lower pot. (I.E. 2x pot, plan on 12ish hours.) If you play 2 hours a day, you have more than enough time.

Lowlyspy
01-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Also try to plan ur hardcore leveling on a day with the 4x on DotD, might as well save a little plat lol

misterfurious
01-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Thanks to all for the advice. Just wanted to pop in to say, that with the help of a few really good parties (and some very good friends), and a bunch of elixers, I MADE IT TO 66!

Suentous PO
01-11-2012, 04:07 PM
wow fast! Gratz, and now the next cap wont seem as daunting.
have fun..

Walkhardd
01-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Thanks to all for the advice. Just wanted to pop in to say, that with the help of a few really good parties (and some very good friends), and a bunch of elixers, I MADE IT TO 66!

Told you I'd be first to congratulate! Gj man :D

Taaralatie
01-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Congrats on making 66! Now at least you can cover that hideous level 65 armour with your new level 66 mount fang armour. Got to have been worth it just for that!

misterfurious
01-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Congrats on making 66! Now at least you can cover that hideous level 65 armour with your new level 66 mount fang armour. Got to have been worth it just for that!

Definitely worth it. Although, my level 65 set was pretty dark and evil looking, which I liked, so I'll probably wear the fang armor for a few days and go back because that bright gold doesn't mesh with the black helm and shield. I look like a Steelers fan. LOL!

I think the next thing I'll do is start a guild.