PDA

View Full Version : Devs having regular accounts?

Bilaxman
01-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Hello all,

I have recently encountered a player (on January 5, 2012) who says he/she is a dev. I have heard in the past that there have been problems that normal players try to impersonate a dev. The thing is though, this player has no red name, so I know that it is a regular account. Is it true that Devs can sometimes have regular accounts? Also, this person insisted on being my friend (this surprised me). I was doing elixir runs and this player also had an elixir. I wanted this player to stay because I was having a hard time finding people playing with elixirs. I am highly suspicious that this player is a fraud. I would like to think that this person is really a dev, as he/she said that they were looking around for the next guardian of alterra. I would love to be a guardian of alterra or an ambassador of alterra (The ambassadors hats are super cool!!!). Sadly though, I believe I'm being fooled... I do not want to be deceived nor do I want to be disrespectful if there are devs with regular accounts.

I would greatly appreciate if a dev would respond to this and I would also like to hear the thoughts of other players.

Thank you all for your time,
Bilaxman

P.S. This is my first post!

StompArtist
01-06-2012, 09:08 PM
That is def not consistent with anything the devs have ever done...

Reddwing
01-06-2012, 09:09 PM
All legit devs names are in red. Its a fraud unless the devs have super DUPER secret identities...

KingFu
01-06-2012, 09:13 PM
All devs have red names as stated above. They do have some secret alts and alts that some players know who they are and others don't, however they won't say they're a dev. If someone ever claims to be a dev, and doesn't have the red name above their head as proof, report them.

Fao
01-06-2012, 09:16 PM
They aren't! And welcome to the threads!

Bilaxman
01-06-2012, 09:21 PM
They aren't! And welcome to the threads!
Thank you all for your help! I greatly appreciate it!

Thank you for the welcome faoeskekie.

Bilaxman

maneatingtree
01-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Some devs have no red names though like Pandar but theyare known so its okay!

Lowlyspy
01-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Technically pandar isnt dev tho, he and the others, like delphina and firead, are mods.

Bilaxman
01-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Are there a list of moderators? I have reported this person... I hope I have not made a mistake!

Bilaxman

KingFu
01-06-2012, 10:17 PM

Pandar doesn't have dev capabilities, as Lowly stated, they're mods. No dev powers.

@Bliax, Anyone on forums with a green name will be a mod. Firead, Pandar, Delphina. Samhayne is one as well, however he has a read name in game and possibly dev powers as well since he has been working for STS since pretty much PL's launch.

Draopwnzall
01-06-2012, 10:30 PM
EDIT: Nevermind!