PDA

View Full Version : Combos kill em ded!!

Arjun
07-23-2010, 05:27 AM
Here’s the thinking. . . most groups (most) . . seem to rush in all uncoordinated like . . . spam pots. . .score loot . .. and remake and move on in a similar fashion.

The deal is actually clearing a dungeon efficiently and effectively. That’s where de COMBO’s come in.

Now I haven’t really crunched the hard numbers on this thought . . . but timing wise . . .COMBO’s appear to me to be the quickest way of clearing a mob.

Having said that - I thought I’d put a few tip’s down on the actual execution of said COMBOS - and hope that someone can come up with some more creative and constructive means of coordinating the same. Short Hand Code. Morse Code. . . Emoticon Codes . . . an in-game method of communication that streamlines the group dynamic as it were.

Audio And Visual Clues: That’s the best I got.

Audio clues is what the Archer is all about. So I disagree with whoever said 5 warriors is the way to run. . . perhaps if your only out for Boss Lvl Blood and Pink Loot. Yep. Maybe. But for some serious COMBO-MANIA you got’s to bring in a bird. And a Mage of course.

Archers: Thorn-wall a mob drawn in by the Warriors. Mages. Turn your sound up (or plug in your earbud thingies) and listen for the little piano rumble as the thorn-wall goes up. Then Lightning. Nature-Strike-City. So this is effectively now a Tri-Class COMBO. You have the warrior draw the biggest baddest mob . . Archer Thron-wall the lot of them (all in proximity) . . . .and Magey zaps em wif Lightning-Strike.

Then. Then you can go for your Icestorm-stomp and/or blast. But the more enemy’s you let the archer trap for the Nature Strike. . . the more damage your mob has effectively taken and the less that will have to be dished out by you in later in the process.

Now if you somehow miss-time the first effective nature-strike opportunity. . . don’t despair. Most archers have the olde thorn-root. And if they is clever will deploy one in quick succession to the thorn-wall. Unless they be saving it for a boss. So once again. Mages. Listen for that piano rumble thingie as the root rolls out. Either way. If you are not sure what your listening for - stop - ask your archer to unleash a spot demo . . and follow that beat from there on in.

Remember However - The Thorn-Wall Spell seems (seems) to take slightly longer than lightning to recharge. So hold your breath on that discharge. Clearly - Both these combo based skills can be hit effectively without sound turned up disturbingly high. Watch for the visual clues. Thorn-Root might require a mage with a sharpe eye and some focus on whats going on . . but Thorn-Wall is hard to miss. Unless the mobs completely hectic. In which case - regroup.

Warriors - Can COMBO with Archers on Terror. The same what you got with the Mages. Once again, Archers Rule - Simply cause there is a massive audio clue for the warrior to time the execution of his and/or her hell-scream spell. Careful tho. . .cause Archers have two screams. Out of which only shattering scream counts when it comes to the Warrior Archer COMBO. So once again. You need to tell your Archer that you are on to it. Tell him/her to stop, check, and save mana on the other scream.

Now before I go on to describe my inputs on the other COMBO’s I thought it would be important to note that Warriors and Mages tend to rush in and blast. It’s an instinctive thing. But the Initial Bekon-Thorn-Wall-Lightning Strike trap is essential to get a good rhythm and flow going.

After which, of course, one could go for the more traditional freeze and stomp. I know Mage’s like to show off their prowess . . but think of all that mana you save if you don’t use firestorm immediately after ice-storm and sit back and let the warrior shatter the mob. Saves you a spell for when you really need it a second later. Besides. The trick is running in with the Warrior and trusting to their timing to keep the mob from killing you ded before you kills them ded instead. Heyy. . .tht sort of rhymes.

Nightmare + Hellscream = Terror. One of my personal fav’s. Again. Can’t say much with regard to the number crunching and exact amount of damage dished out. But it is visually gratifying to say the least. Especially when one of the big bad guys . .. the really bad guys. . . the Djinns . . .go down screaming.

I’m not entirely clear on if there is any audio clue to when your Magey has gone all voodoo on a given set of baddies. . . but their is a visual one. You get this whole purple lotus under the Mage (who throws their head-back in the animation arms wide open and all that). Once again. As a warrior if your not sure . . just ask Magey to give you a spot demo in an open zone. When faced with a mob. . .even if you are busy hacking away at the top left of the screen . . .and you notice Magey unleash a Nightmare spell on the lower right hand corner . . . .All you got to do is run to where Magey just went all waka-waka and tap your Hellscream . . . unleash the COMBO . . and let Autopilot take you back to your original target. Or tap the screen and switch to a closer one. It’s all about movement.

Naturally. If you miss-cue. . . a quick - no wait charging - ought to do the trick. or Charging Hell-Scream. Or even. . .my fault. Or Tried Combo. Again. You get the idea. I hope.

So I guess in closing. . . guilds don’t have this problem by and large, but even then . . .you tend to run into all mixed up groups over the course of a given week. So it makes sense to up the communication in-game . . ask out loud if anybody is gonna try and coordinate their play . . . and make sure if there is an Archer. . . then the Archers leading that dance.

Out of steam. . .will edit with corrections and additional thoughts later.