PDA

View Full Version : SL Freezing

Swimmingstar
01-06-2012, 11:45 PM
Today my SL app kept freezing a lot and I had to close it by using my app closer. This happened like 5 times and was annoying. How can you stop this?

HTCEVO

Deathpunch
01-08-2012, 04:22 PM
I assume you mean Evo 4g. There are a few things you can try:

1. Reboot your device. This will free up some cache room. It will also mean that when you restart the app its starting fresh and will need to reload all of the stuff it needs. Maybe your phone had a brainfart and loaded a file sideways or something. This usually solves the issue for me. The power of a reboot cannot be understated when dealing with balky apps.

2. Go to your app management and close some running apps that you don't need at the moment, such as market or Facebook, stuff like that. This will free up some ram.

3. Delete and reinstall the app. You won't lose any data, just the time it takes to do that.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Swimmingstar
01-08-2012, 07:04 PM
I tried reinstalling yesterday and it froze once, :(. but improvements are nice. :)

Deathpunch
01-08-2012, 08:29 PM
It could also just be the app itself. I get the occasional freeze that requires a reboot to get working again. Most likely an optimization issue. Having to make one app for so many different hardware manufacturers can't be easy. :-)

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D