PDA

View Full Version : Wake Up Call for PvP

Regifter
01-08-2020, 06:30 AM
I know you devs are working on another expansion and events right now but can you please, please, even if its just now that you do us a favor. I'm waking you up from reality, the events are getting more boring as time passes by because everyone just became a farmer and just farm everyday/every month (event wise). What about the pvp players for once? At least give us a chance here? We gave farming a chance and gave your game another chance by switching into the Pve world. But isn't it time to do us a favor? Because All these times we have been farming again and again and again. We try very hard to adapt but please give us this one wish, to bring back pvp! It has been years of waiting and fighting for whilst living with the awful reality of pvp being dead. We even made it go so far by making tournaments with rewards over 50mil+ just to try to make it active but the participants are only in it for the items/gold and not for the fun. Don't lie guys, you all do miss the nostalgia of pvping all day and making new friends to play with just to wait for them to get online so you can pvp with them? Are you guys all bark but no bite? What happened to this dev post which happened 2 years ago and alot of people supported it but was not even implemented? Yeah you know what I'm saying, I'm talking about this post!

Alright I'm gonna leave the rest of the reactions to you, my fellow arlorians and pvpers, and the devs if they ever see this post...

Grimmstroke
01-08-2020, 08:05 AM
if has an option to disable awakening and lv cap pvp would be cool to go back and if not meh ppl with overpowered awakes will alwas win the fight not fun ( also those who has best pets ex: nekro/glow )

Kennytheripper
01-08-2020, 08:16 AM
Awakening isnt an issue. I agree about the rest +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smellybumm
01-08-2020, 08:36 AM
I do think pvp need to be re added but this complaints about Awakening and pets seem like a personal issue for that guy just simply get op Awakenings and buy the best pets simple but besides that pvp need a come back I miss pvp now it’s all pve and nabs trying to merch all day it gets boring last pvp event was lvl 15 ( I could be mistaken ) since then I haven’t seen any at all please implement something to revive pvp I agree this this post +1

Regifter
01-08-2020, 08:42 AM
I agree, awakening isn't an issue it's actually sometimes profitable to the low on budgets because if they choose to awake they might get a good awake that makes their item worth really more. If it's the stats your talking about then you can just do the same by awakening you stuff until your satisfied but you shouldn't be too greedy like if you get 2 decent awakes but end up with the last one to be trash I'd say to not reawaken because the chances for a trash next awake is very high all the time. I actually want devs to implement a gear mainly for pvp with stats for rogue and not the stats for a tank that a rogue can use that also give dmg of a rogue like 2k dmg and 7k+ armor. (I am a rogue btw) I actually want the devs to release pvp main sets to make the classes role stand out more. Like a gear that makes rogue and mages squishy but strong so that the tanks will be more needed because as far as I see pvp rn tanks aren't really needed because mages and rogues with high armor can just tank themselves, adding the fact they have glowstik and nekro which absorbs damage recieved.

Smellybumm
01-08-2020, 08:43 AM
I also disagree with disabling lvl cap pvp but I don’t think pvp only items are a good idea either to be honest I just think there needs to be a reason for pvp now everyone rich but nothing to use the gold on something about pvp has to be done have events for it or something pvp is like in the shadow for so long just ignored only putting new maps if there was consistent pvp events I think that would do something and then you guys can see the errors ( if any ) in PvP and make much needed adjustments but right now sts seem to only care about expansion and some events here and there something has to be done [emoji736]

Regifter
01-08-2020, 08:52 AM
What do you mean by disabling lvl cap though? is it like to make other lvled players able to join higher lvled players? If it is, I totally disagree with you because imagine a twink lvl 15 joins a pvp map and he was against lvl 41-63's? Wouldn't it be unfair because the lower lvl will be farmed due to the fact he lacks the stats of the lvl of the opponent greatly? And the lower lvl twink will just probably quit pvp because his/her enemies are way higher in lvl and stats and would create a broken pvp community.

shadowronn
01-08-2020, 09:06 AM
if STS can disable awakens in PvP then it would get very very active but they wont since money matters more obviously.

Regifter
01-08-2020, 09:13 AM
Awakens aren't really a problem but if you think so then maybe they can make a map that awakens and jewel stats will be disabled and the raw stats will be used. I see many people really disagree with awakenings on pvp. Its either they make a set for pvp only or a map which disables awakes and jewel stats.

Overgrown
01-08-2020, 10:09 AM
For the past years, the community wants the PVP to be revived we are farming and gearing up for? and PVP Aps will be impossible for the newcomers. Dev any updates?

Regifter
01-08-2020, 10:58 AM
Not really impossible for the newcomers tbh. With some update on pvp being implemented like certain pvp only gears, then it wouldn't be hard at all. Other than that devs can make sure price is decent enough for newcomers to save up for if they decide pvp is their thing unlike them saving up just to end up with dead pvp maps and spend millions which they spent alot of time to get and in the end they couldn't even sell them. If something was to be done by the devs I'm sure this problem would be solved and pvp will get back on its feet after so many years of waiting.

Smellybumm
01-08-2020, 11:09 AM
Not really impossible for the newcomers tbh. With some update on pvp being implemented like certain pvp only gears, then it wouldn't be hard at all. Other than that devs can make sure price is decent enough for newcomers to save up for if they decide pvp is their thing unlike them saving up just to end up with dead pvp maps and spend millions which they spent alot of time to get and in the end they couldn't even sell them. If something was to be done by the devs I'm sure this problem would be solved and pvp will get back on its feet after so many years of waiting.

Ok in this case I totally agree because if there was a set npc who sells pvp gears for any lvl but u can awaken and upgrade it I think that would make pvp more lively I cane back thinking lvl 71 pvp was active spent millions for no reason if the set pvp gears isn’t to expensive and accessible to all like if ur lvl 15 u can buy lvl 15 pvp gears that would be a good idea

Spooked
01-08-2020, 11:10 AM
I know you devs are working on another expansion and events right now but can you please, please, even if its just now that you do us a favor. I'm waking you up from reality, the events are getting more boring as time passes by because everyone just became a farmer and just farm everyday/every month (event wise). What about the pvp players for once? At least give us a chance here? We gave farming a chance and gave your game another chance by switching into the Pve world. But isn't it time to do us a favor? Because All these times we have been farming again and again and again. We try very hard to adapt but please give us this one wish, to bring back pvp! It has been years of waiting and fighting for whilst living with the awful reality of pvp being dead. We even made it go so far by making tournaments with rewards over 50mil+ just to try to make it active but the participants are only in it for the items/gold and not for the fun. Don't lie guys, you all do miss the nostalgia of pvping all day and making new friends to play with just to wait for them to get online so you can pvp with them? Are you guys all bark but no bite? What happened to this dev post which happened 2 years ago and alot of people supported it but was not even implemented? Yeah you know what I'm saying, I'm talking about this post!

Alright I'm gonna leave the rest of the reactions to you, my fellow arlorians and pvpers, and the devs if they ever see this post...

Eh.. i mean..
the initiative is great, but..
Devs wont do anything with this
This is just another cry for help thrown on the pit of despair.
StS doesnt care about things that wont bring in cash, feel free to @ me on that but we both damn well know its true.
Hopefully when their game is dead they will realise what they did wrong

Smellybumm
01-08-2020, 11:20 AM
Eh.. i mean..
StS doesnt care about things that wont bring in cash, feel free to @ me on that but we both damn well know its true.
Hopefully when their game is dead they will realise what they did wrong

This is true but they have an option to make serious cash by reviving pvp that’s way more fun then pve and they could make small additions overtime and actually attract more players to the game but I kinda believe with more replies and more people talking this could be implemented if the items or gears had something to do with plat then it would be a good idea for them but like who knows

Perceval
01-08-2020, 05:14 PM
Why does anyone still care?

It's been 6 years.

#ripvp

Perceval
01-08-2020, 05:19 PM
Didn't know the nail could be put any deeper in the coffin.

STS: hold my beer. *releases more reflection*

Regifter
01-08-2020, 05:39 PM
True tho they're becoming greedier

BaronB
01-08-2020, 09:32 PM
Start making the kills in fester outpost count towards pvp kills or aps... an problem solved lol

1 <3

Smellybumm
01-08-2020, 10:19 PM
Start making the kills in fester outpost count towards pvp kills or aps... an problem solved lol

1 <3

That would be a good idea but only if it was a lvl cap in fester like in pvp or else it wouldn’t be fair for lvl 71 get farmed by lvl 76

Lawpvp
01-09-2020, 02:17 AM
Solution to pvp is simple:

-Bring back pvp on leaderboards
-Make it so only kills in a given season count towards lb
-Actively ban those obviously dummy farming. It's pretty easy to tell
-Rescale awakenings solely in pvp, not pve, for lvls under 40 imo.

The problem is they don't want to deal with the dummy farmers. It's too much hassle. Rip pvp

Overgrown
01-09-2020, 02:25 AM
Eh.. i mean..
Hopefully when their game is dead they will realise what they did wrongPvp will generate income indirectly, like more ppl will come in and come back from their graves, and those people for sure will spend some cash, take a look at it in wider perspective.

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk

Overgrown
01-09-2020, 02:29 AM
Why does anyone still care?

It's been 6 years.

#ripvpMaybe you never experienced the fun we experienced before, image you're farming for what? To show off in paradise pier and expedition camp with your richness?

What are gears for? For mobs? Who are mindless and the just same movement same attacks thats satisfies you?

It's always on sts hands why it died in the first place. That's why we still crying for it.

Regifter
01-09-2020, 03:22 AM
SO true! If only people like perceval sees things in a wider perspective they wouldn't belittle pvp. I guess Perceval is just salty and can't say no more to justify his/her accuses? Probably is in the dire need of fame...

Perceval
01-09-2020, 06:10 AM
Maybe you never experienced the fun we experienced before, image you're farming for what? To show off in paradise pier and expedition camp with your richness?

What are gears for? For mobs? Who are mindless and the just same movement same attacks thats satisfies you?

It's always on sts hands why it died in the first place. That's why we still crying for it.

SO true! If only people like perceval sees things in a wider perspective they wouldn't belittle pvp. I guess Perceval is just salty and can't say no more to justify his/her accuses? Probably is in the dire need of fame...

Salty...

You're just a little late to the party (by 6 years to be exact).

The 10,000th thread on the exact same topic. Hell, even the exact same words. What makes you better than the 9,999 others before you?

Do you have STS in your pockets or something?

Perceval
01-09-2020, 06:13 AM
Some of us have decided they simply do not care.

Only took us 6 years of wasting our time.

shadowronn
01-09-2020, 06:22 AM
Some of us have decided they simply do not care.

Only took us 6 years of wasting our time.

You seem to be reading and responding to these sort of threads, would you really do that if you did not care? take this with a pinch of salt.

Perceval
01-09-2020, 06:36 AM
You seem to be reading and responding to these sort of threads, would you really do that if you did not care? take this with a pinch of salt.

Is it a crime to save someone 6 years of their time?

Regifter
01-09-2020, 06:40 AM
Justify that post of yours by showing proof that this is in deed the 10,000th thread about this topic. Exaggerating doesn't prove anything, basically you just keep talking and letting out the salt out while pretending to be one of "us". Don't use the term "us" because it seems like only you "does not care". If you can't even say anything polite/supportive then don't even post. It seems like you only go to threads to spread salt to satisfy your entertainment. C'mon dude don't act like a dev in sts by telling sts won't do anything and only care about money. It seems that way to you but why do u think they have released a new pvp map last 2 years ago? Maybe they're figuring something out to fix pvp right? And Me and My fellow pvpers job is to remind them about it. Go put ur salt somewhere else kid

SlaveKnight
01-09-2020, 06:59 AM
Same as always, we complain but makes any difference. They’re not going to disable awakens in PvP maps (awakens ruined PvP imo)

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Enraged
01-09-2020, 07:13 AM
Justify that post of yours by showing proof that this is in deed the 10,000th thread about this topic. Exaggerating doesn't prove anything, basically you just keep talking and letting out the salt out while pretending to be one of "us". Don't use the term "us" because it seems like only you "does not care". If you can't even say anything polite/supportive then don't even post. It seems like you only go to threads to spread salt to satisfy your entertainment. C'mon dude don't act like a dev in sts by telling sts won't do anything and only care about money. It seems that way to you but why do u think they have released a new pvp map last 2 years ago? Maybe they're figuring something out to fix pvp right? And Me and My fellow pvpers job is to remind them about it. Go put ur salt somewhere else kidI'm not trying to defend him but this person you're quoting, had been fighting for this "PvP Revival" ever since, (I think even before you know AL ever existed). He has also done so many attempts to discuss the issue, even suggested countless remedies but as usual, never heard by STS.

And it is true that this entirety of your thread has already been said by a lot people in this community. Nothing new. Nothing happened. Perhaps, you should consider searching and carefully read alike threads before posting this for the nth time.

Regifter
01-09-2020, 07:15 AM
2012 is the year I knew AL btw. Just Quit because i thought it was boring then came back to give it a chance because I saw friends playing it. Well in that case if he really was fighting for it then he has my respect a little.

Smellybumm
01-09-2020, 09:44 AM
To be fair the PvP event they had for lvl 15 was during 2015-2016 so they didn’t believe pvp to be dead if they hosted an entire event for it with endgame pvp at lvl 41 also being pretty big so I wouldn’t keep saying dead for 6 years mabye like 4 years at most and they added new pvp maps so in all u can’t really say that pvp can’t be revived I don’t think there’s an active enough area of pvp for them to see how to make proper adjustments also its enough people talking about it at all

Lawpvp
01-09-2020, 12:47 PM
Same as always, we complain but makes any difference. They’re not going to disable awakens in PvP maps (awakens ruined PvP imo)

If they disable awakenings more people will quit. They need rescaled for low lvls, not removed.

Overgrown
01-09-2020, 02:59 PM
Salty...

You're just a little late to the party (by 6 years to be exact).

The 10,000th thread on the exact same topic. Hell, even the exact same words. What makes you better than the 9,999 others before you?

Do you have STS in your pockets or something?

Read more, Cinco gave a word about this pvp, The Honor PVP, thank lol

RoboMinior
01-09-2020, 03:03 PM
I'd they remove the awakes the pvp will be active again :)

Изпратено от моят Redmi 7 с помощта на Tapatalk

SlaveKnight
01-09-2020, 05:35 PM
If they disable awakenings more people will quit. They need rescaled for low lvls, not removed.

They can create a new PvP game mode, with disabled awakens, and maybe without pets (just like Festerfang).

Deathlyreaper
01-09-2020, 08:40 PM
They can create a new PvP game mode, with disabled awakens, and maybe without pets (just like Festerfang).

This idea has been on my mind for such a long time and I’m sure many others thought the same thing. I don’t see the problem with creating a separate pvp mode where the community suggestions are implemented. They can still keep the old mode and maps, and this new mode can be separate. It can even start off as a trial run or event where in this mode the awakes are disabled or there are new pvp gears that we can try out— or just something new that would make pvp fun again. It doesn’t have to be permanent, we just need a trial run to see if ppl will come back.

SlaveKnight
01-09-2020, 10:44 PM
This idea has been on my mind for such a long time and I’m sure many others thought the same thing. I don’t see the problem with creating a separate pvp mode where the community suggestions are implemented. They can still keep the old mode and maps, and this new mode can be separate. It can even start off as a trial run or event where in this mode the awakes are disabled or there are new pvp gears that we can try out— or just something new that would make pvp fun again. It doesn’t have to be permanent, we just need a trial run to see if ppl will come back.

Yeah, this us a good idea, Devs just need to give some attention to PvP.

Would be awesome if we have PvP events (without awakes) with cool prizes like banners, itens, etc...

Regifter
01-10-2020, 08:21 AM
I really hope devs are even reading threads. Or they are just reading the threads that question the new updates and not the major needs...

ipankyoellyandry
01-10-2020, 08:42 AM
This idea has been on my mind for such a long time and I’m sure many others thought the same thing. I don’t see the problem with creating a separate pvp mode where the community suggestions are implemented. They can still keep the old mode and maps, and this new mode can be separate. It can even start off as a trial run or event where in this mode the awakes are disabled or there are new pvp gears that we can try out— or just something new that would make pvp fun again. It doesn’t have to be permanent, we just need a trial run to see if ppl will come back.That will never happen, because many players are dummy and cheating [emoji13]

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Al_Istealthl
01-10-2020, 11:50 AM

Yah and more people would still quit for the exact same reason. We dont need more pvp modes when the modes we have are already inactive

Regifter
01-10-2020, 06:27 PM
I don't think u know what he means...
He means create a new pvp map for the community to test if it was good then make it permanent. It will help pvp get active again because people will start trying the new map in pvp and see if its good and even post videos about it telling their feedback. It won't make people quit because awakenings will not be disabled for all game modes but just the new map.

Overgrown
01-13-2020, 01:38 PM
Reponse Devs? any updates about the Honor pvp? @cinco

Cinco
01-13-2020, 01:57 PM
I believe I've weighted-in on the subject of Awakenings quite a lot already and nothing has changed.

Honor PvP seems like it could be a fun thing for AL but it's not scheduled. We are in the process of reviewing our update schedule for AL currently ;-)

ipankyoellyandry
01-13-2020, 02:00 PM
I believe I've weighted-in on the subject of Awakenings quite a lot already and nothing has changed.

Honor PvP seems like it could be a fun thing for AL but it's not scheduled. We are in the process of reviewing our update schedule for AL currently ;-)do not many players dummy and cheat in pvp.it prejudice other players

Cinco
01-13-2020, 02:07 PM
do not many players dummy and cheat in pvp.it prejudice other players

Yes. These are indeed major issues that accompany all of the revival efforts (especially the 'PvP leaderboard' request - to say nothing of possible PvP events which other Legends games do have but Arcane Legends does not).

gilsooon
01-14-2020, 10:11 AM
Plus 1 reviving pvp = reviving al :)

Tendirin
01-14-2020, 06:07 PM
Ok. First off, The developer you are showing in the post is no longer active sadly. And I will go on to explain why PVP is truly dead. To start off it has nothing to do with an item modifications such as gems and or the recent awakening system as PVP's in most MMOs offer some sort of unfair advantage and players come back to try to out win them anyways.
If we take a jump back to 2014- When I believe the Shuyal and maybe Dragon Enclave came out I don't remember exactly. PVP was just fine with the people who would overpower others with Mystic items and players with legendary Hell I had terrible items back then and I enjoyed being in Rogue PVP with almost the worst stats haha.
Another view at your situation is that it is not the developer's fault of anything when it comes to PVP as PVP is generally just a player versus player lobby and therefore only has input from the players who are playing the so-called match. As I had responded to another gentleman in a post earlier this week I stated specifically if we want anything in this game to be brought back to how it was before we would need somewhat investments into the service and the engine that Spacetime Games uses which at this point in time would be harder slightly due to the fact that mobile gaming has not really gone off to what we in the past thought it would go to and every game studio started making their own versions of what spacetime Games have done. I feel that we as an entire community and even developers included should rebuild what we want when it comes to the Legend series and get the right stuff back and the wrong stuff out. This is more of a community problem. Not an item is better or whatever people would just throw off and claim because most of the people who have the good stuff in-game don't even PVP.

Perceval
01-14-2020, 06:58 PM
Ok. First off, The developer you are showing in the post is no longer active sadly. And I will go on to explain why PVP is truly dead. To start off it has nothing to do with an item modifications such as gems and or the recent awakening system as PVP's in most MMOs offer some sort of unfair advantage and players come back to try to out win them anyways.
If we take a jump back to 2014- When I believe the Shuyal and maybe Dragon Enclave came out I don't remember exactly. PVP was just fine with the people who would overpower others with Mystic items and players with legendary Hell I had terrible items back then and I enjoyed being in Rogue PVP with almost the worst stats haha.
Another view at your situation is that it is not the developer's fault of anything when it comes to PVP as PVP is generally just a player versus player lobby and therefore only has input from the players who are playing the so-called match. As I had responded to another gentleman in a post earlier this week I stated specifically if we want anything in this game to be brought back to how it was before we would need somewhat investments into the service and the engine that Spacetime Games uses which at this point in time would be harder slightly due to the fact that mobile gaming has not really gone off to what we in the past thought it would go to and every game studio started making their own versions of what spacetime Games have done. I feel that we as an entire community and even developers included should rebuild what we want when it comes to the Legend series and get the right stuff back and the wrong stuff out. This is more of a community problem. Not an item is better or whatever people would just throw off and claim because most of the people who have the good stuff in-game don't even PVP.

It's like giving a dog a bone (pvp), taking away the bone because "the family is now vegan" so he should go outside to eat some grass (pve).

This isn't a community problem. It's more a developer problem.

Reflection procs for the next 50 years won't help the situation.

I do agree with your point in bold though.

Player4L
01-14-2020, 07:16 PM
Infested arena better than pvp

Perceval
01-14-2020, 07:17 PM
Infested arena better than pvp

That explains a lot.

Overgrown
01-15-2020, 04:27 AM

Your analysis of not blaming the developers about it is hilarious.

They made the changes not the community, its always in their hands, they're the gods of this game its always on them.

And who would go to pvp when you have no chance to stay alive/kill plat users, and veterans if you're a new player?

Again, what's the point of gears procs, pets AA etc. , for beating mindless bots(mobs and bosses) that satisfies you?