PDA

View Full Version : I need an urgent answer please..

Junside
01-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Sorry in advance for the all caps title but i'll take whatever punishment which comes.

I just got word that my girl is in emergency surgery for gastric ulcers in her stomach lining. If anyone is an RN here or surgeon, please help me with some answers

Is the surgery easy and near perfectly successful?

Is she in danger of dying?

How long will the surgery take?

Will it come back again?

Again im very sorry for being rude. I just not an expert about stomach diseases

I already tried searching the internet and well, im in a rush to know, I can't seem to find all my answers

Please pray for my gf. Please

javier995
01-07-2012, 02:12 PM
i'm sorry to hear this bro, hope she gets better soon.

morfic
01-07-2012, 02:14 PM
I am no RN, but I do know that it is fairly common. Now, if it is a bleeding ulcer in her stomach, then it's more serious. If was bleeding, then she would be vomiting blood/black coffee ground like stuff. If that is not the case, I wouldn't worry.

My prayers are with ya Jun!

KingFu
01-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Sorry to hear bro:( I found this article, hope it helps at least a little: http://health.nytimes.com/health/guides/disease/gastric-ulcer/surgery.html I really don't know anything about medical stuff like this. Wish I could help more.

Junside
01-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Shes only been having serious stomach aches. Her mom told me there were no complications during her surgery so I think she's fine for now... I hope she's ok

StompArtist
01-07-2012, 02:34 PM
I'll include her in my prayers bro.

Skeletonlord
01-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully, some gets better soon!

Silentarrow
01-07-2012, 02:46 PM
I'll be sure to pray for her Junside.

SUPAPRODIGY
01-07-2012, 02:50 PM
I'll include her in my prayers bro.

Me 2

Artentreri
01-07-2012, 03:14 PM
I am no RN, but I do know that it is fairly common. Now, if it is a bleeding ulcer in her stomach, then it's more serious. If was bleeding, then she would be vomiting blood/black coffee ground like stuff. If that is not the case, I wouldn't worry.

My prayers are with ya Jun!
This happened to me after downin a bottle of 151 almost everyday for about 2 weeks. I waited to go to the doctor, about a month of it happening everyday I went in and got a scope, where they stick a camera down your throat into your stomach, and ended up not finding anything.

Battlelock
01-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Just for future reference, if you need a urgent medical answer, it would be faster to go on webmd or Google it.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
01-07-2012, 03:37 PM
I'm not an RN but I do know ulcers can be quite difficult to cure...also Artentreri is correct about sticking the camera down your throat to take a look at the ulcer. I hope she does make it through Jun :/ good luck to her.

Junside
01-08-2012, 05:53 PM
My girl had a successful surgery and she's alright. Just woozy from the drugs. :)

Conradin
01-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Im glad to hear that jun. Good luck to you and her.

zappaxe
01-08-2012, 06:02 PM
My girl had a successful surgery and she's alright. Just woozy from the drugs. :)

That's fantastic!! Great news!

Artentreri
01-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Hell yeah buddy, glad to hear it.

Crunchee
01-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Glad to hear that :) Take care and Godbless!

LelouchX
01-09-2012, 01:38 PM
glad all is ok jun, time for you to wait on her hand and foot, we're here for ya if ya need anything, come back when you're ready, real life comes first bud

Kahlua
01-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Not to scare you, but any surgery is 'life threatening' and symptoms always have a chance to come back. Just the way the human body works. I'm glad she's ok, but just letting you know for next time. Even the smallest of surgeries have a chance to go wrong, so never take anything lightly.

LelouchX
01-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Not to scare you, but any surgery is 'life threatening' and symptoms always have a chance to come back. Just the way the human body works. I'm glad she's ok, but just letting you know for next time. Even the smallest of surgeries have a chance to go wrong, so never take anything lightly.
This is true. Anyone can potentially have a bad reaction to anesthesia or an unexpected complication, bleeding, etc. I work in the medical field, and luckily, precautions are always taken to reduce the likelihood of this type of stuff happening.